ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of things on MBB

kcflagator

Chomp Artist
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
I had some early info about what is going down in Kentucky. It has a little bit of the same flavor as the end of Steve Spurrier's tenure at UF. Calipari was ticked that a few of the bigger boosters took shots at him (mostly privately but via the Kentucky AD) after the Cats early exit in the SEC Tourney and then NCAA tourney. He felt under-appreciated and wanted to remind UK what life was like before Coach Cal, so he put out word that he was open to options. Arky opened up the checkbook.

It would not surprise me to see Kentucky reach out to Jay Wright (among others) as part of this search. Given what is happening in the portal and the entire NIL mess, Kentucky will move quickly.

Todd would not leave UF for Lexington right now even if UK came knocking. He likes what he has here and so does his family. So, I have no worries there.

I saw the latest posts (sadly, again) about this alleged scandal with the Gator basketball coaching staff. IT IS NOT TRUE. I am not going into details about the allegations, but it is BS. So, we need to let it go. Todd is not going anywhere. There is no scandal.

Go Gators.

KC

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News