ADVERTISEMENT

6 for 16 from the FT line?

Countygator

Rowdy Reptile
Nov 29, 2015
How is that even possible at this level of basketball? Could be up big if not for missing the freebies

Egbunu starts 0-6 from the line and then finishes by going 4-4 to help close it out. Nice bounce back against a decent LSU team. Simmons is the best college player Ive seen in years.

This is a good win. But damn this team is painful to watch.

Leon had a good game. He is getting more minutes due to the Robinson injury and Walker looking completely lost out there offensively.

This is a good win. But damn this team is painful to watch.

Leon had a good game. He is getting more minutes due to the Robinson injury and Walker looking completely lost out there offensively.
D. Walker is the worst offensive player in all of college basketball this year. He can't even hit wide open nobody around layups. Francis is a close 2nd. Poor kid.

Simmons is the best college player Ive seen in years.

Seriously? He MIGHT possibly be the best this season but the best in years? I hate UK and the Snake Calipari more than anyone on this board but I can name numerous UK players who were lights out better than Ben Simmons. That's just SEC players, not to mention the rest of the NCAA.

Seriously? He MIGHT possibly be the best this season but the best in years? I hate UK and the Snake Calipari more than anyone on this board but I can name numerous UK players who were lights out better than Ben Simmons. That's just SEC players, not to mention the rest of the NCAA.
Really? You've seen several 6'10 guys that handle the ball like a point guard? Ok, let's hear them.

Hey, at least we didn't come out "flat."

YKSaW4A.jpg
YKSaW4A.jpg

Reactions: Countygator
Anthony Davis is the first to come to mind.

So being 6'10 automatically makes him the best in years? I'm not getting into a piss match. Is he amazing? Yes. Best in YEARS? No...
Anthony Davis couldn't handle the ball as well as Simmons, nor could he pass it like Simmons. Davis averaged 14 points and 11 rebounds per game, Simmons at this moment is averaging 21 points and nearly 14 rebounds per game. Again, he's the best I've seen in years.

Last edited:
Simmons has the tendency for turnovers. And stupid fouls. But he is crazy athletic and a very accurate shooter as well as being a good ball handler.

Dude, you are so wrong. Anthony Davis is the only freshman in the last 5-6 years that can be mentioned in the same breath as Simmons. The guy is a superstar.

Simmons has the tendency for turnovers. And stupid fouls. But he is crazy athletic and a very accurate shooter as well as being a good ball handler.
Davis had other guys around him, Simmons doesn't and is doing his thing even though he is the focus of defense....when he basically took the ball coast to coast and hit a driving lay up, I haven't seen that from a dude that big in college in several years...

Simmons is the real deal. He can handle the ball like a guard. He can guard guards. He s an excellent passer. He made some TO's yesterday but he flat out is cannot miss in the NBA. Yeah, as good as any player I have seen in awhile. Rebounding as a freshman. He is a man among boys. One and done.

Egbunu starts 0-6 from the line and then finishes by going 4-4 to help close it out. Nice bounce back against a decent LSU team. Simmons is the best college player Ive seen in years.

Actually,I think Eg started out 1-5 from the line and finished 5 of 10. As a team, they were around 90% from the FT line in the critical last 5:58 of the game. (thank-gawd)

Ben Simmons may indeed become a great NBA player. I doubt he becomes the best of his time.

Yes he averages more than Anthony Davis did. However as pointed out he isn't surrounded by other talented players like The Brow was. That in turn can lead to why he scores more points. Davis's UK team had other stars who could take the shot, he had to share the ball.

Yes it is indeed amazing watching a 6'10 dribble and pass the ball like he does.

However being a freak of nature doesn't automatically make him one of the best ever.

I'd take a 6'6 Michael Jordon who could do whatever he wanted.

I'd take the non dribbling Shaq O'Neal and his dominance.

I'm not discounting Simmons play. Not at all. I've just seen better college players over the years. Anthony Davis, John Wall, etc. I'm saying this as a huge hater of anything UK and/or John Calipari.

Not that I care either way, but Magic Johnson said he's the best he's seen since LeBron skipped college to go straight to the NBA. Jus-sayin...

Of course, Magic also told Mike Miller to return to UF instead of going Pro. Miller went on to become the NBA Rookie of the Year by not listening to Magic. ;)

Virtually everyone thought that Nick Calathes was WAY better than Chandler Parsons, and how'd that work out for them in the NBA... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT