ADVERTISEMENT

2015/2016 Florida Basketball

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
According to a buddy of mine that works for UF basketball;

"SEC releases the league schedule tonight on SEC Network on SEC Now at 7pm. No Thurs/Sat turnarounds for us this year and we don't end with Kentucky..."

Interesting about the EOY game. Personally, I think that the Th/Sat turnaround was over rated.

Another tough OoC schedule that should get them ready for SEC play.

I'm pretty fired up by the new coaches and this year's team roster.

2015-16 Roster By Positions:
#2 PG Kasey Hill 6-1 182 Jr ***** #10/50 (MickyD-AA)
#8 PG Chris Chiozza 6-0 175 So **** #42/50

#29 SG/SF DeVon Walker 6-6 215 rsJr *** (ACL in Aug 2014, back 100% now)
#9 SG Brandone Francis-Ramirez 6-5 205 rsFr **** #35/50
P-WO SG Zachary Hodskins 6-3 175 So ** (the one-armed bandit)
#18 SG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 183 Fr **** #53/100 (Ark HS Gatorade PoY)

#4 SF Dorian Finney-Smith 6-8 218 rsSr **** (VaTech) - 2014 SEC 6th Man
#10 SF Alex Murphy 6-8 225 rsSr **** (Duke)
#2 SF Justin Leon 6-8 205 Jr *** - Ullin, ILL. - Juco-AA
(21.5 pts/gm & 10 rbs/gm in 2014-15)

#7 SF Devin Robinson 6-8 195 So ***** #20/50 (a star in the making)

#13 PF/SF Keith Stone 6-8 233 Fr **** #79/100
#17 PF/C Kevarrius Hayes 6-9 210 Fr **** #75/100

#34 C/PF Schuyler Rimmer 6-10 245 rsSo *** (Stanford, available Dec 2015)
#7 C John Egbunu 6-11 255 rsSo **** (USF 2015 DNP) AAC All Fr Team
===========

2016 Verbal - a real nice start to Coach White's 1st class:

#10 SG/PG Eric Hester 6-3 175 **** - Oldsmar, FL
(the best combo guard in the class imo)
================

Without having seen him coach a game yet at UF, I'm seeing coach White as the near perfect replacement for BillyD. I see good things coming, and without a long wait to see the good things happen.... :)

Last edited:
Wait..,we didn't cancel basketball when Billy left???

Wtf
Another tough OoC schedule that should get them ready for SEC play.

I'm pretty fired up by the new coaches and this year's team roster.

2015-16 Roster By Positions:
#2 PG Kasey Hill 6-1 182 Jr ***** #10/50 (MickyD-AA)
#8 PG Chris Chiozza 6-0 175 So **** #42/50

#29 SG/SF DeVon Walker 6-6 215 rsJr *** (ACL in Aug 2014, back 100% now)
#9 SG Brandone Francis-Ramirez 6-5 205 rsFr **** #35/50
P-WO SG Zachary Hodskins 6-3 175 So ** (the one-armed bandit)
#18 SG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 183 Fr **** #53/100 (Ark HS Gatorade PoY)

#4 SF Dorian Finney-Smith 6-8 218 rsSr **** (VaTech) - 2014 SEC 6th Man
#10 SF Alex Murphy 6-8 225 rsSr **** (Duke)
#2 SF Justin Leon 6-8 205 Jr *** - Ullin, ILL. - Juco-AA
(21.5 pts/gm & 10 rbs/gm in 2014-15)

#7 SF Devin Robinson 6-8 195 So ***** #20/50 (a star in the making)

#13 PF/SF Keith Stone 6-8 233 Fr **** #79/100
#17 PF/C Kevarrius Hayes 6-9 210 Fr **** #75/100

#34 C/PF Schuyler Rimmer 6-10 245 rsSo *** (Stanford, available Dec 2015)
#7 C John Egbunu 6-11 255 rsSo **** (USF 2015 DNP) AAC All Fr Team
===========

2016 Verbal - a real nice start to Coach White's 1st class:

#10 SG/PG Eric Hester 6-3 175 **** - Oldsmar, FL
(the best combo guard in the class imo)
================

Without having seen him coach a game yet at UF, I'm seeing coach White as the near perfect replacement for BillyD. I see good things coming, and without a long wait to see the good things happen.... :)

The most talent White has ever had. This could be a really good team having gone thru last year.

Preparation and attention to details...o_O
After seeing the 'before & after' pictures of some of those players, I'm stoked.
Looks to me like they took a page outta Patrick Young's workout book... :)

Still doesn't help Hill being able to hit the broad side of the barn. Hopefully he's gone through a ton of hypnotism lol.

I'm a lot more interested in Hill's Assist to Turnover ratio than in his PPG average.

There are plenty of others that can put the ball in the hoop.

I would like to see him and a couple of others greatly improve their free throw %. o_O

I dunno. If he can't be a threat from the perimeter, he doesn't get guarded as nearly as aggressively and the defense plays soft and waits for the pass to the play makers. I think this is what contributed to poor perimeter game play from the team last year. If he starts hitting, then he'll be able to make a ton more higher percentage opportunities imo.

According to a buddy of mine that works for UF basketball;

"SEC releases the league schedule tonight on SEC Network on SEC Now at 7pm. No Thurs/Sat turnarounds for us this year and we don't end with Kentucky..."

Well Hallelujah! Maybe a slightly easier schedule will play some dividends for this Florida team. I think LSU & Kentucky are predicted to be the two best teams in the league. However, I think Florida is a dark-horse candidate to win the SEC because of some of the experienced players back on this team (Hill, DFS, & D.Walker).

Questions for this team:

- Can the team develop better post play offense/defense with Egbuene at center & a senior Dorian-Finney Smith?

- With Frazier gone, who will be able to hit from the 3-pt range consistently? How will Coach White employ 3-pt shooting strategically?

- Will Free-throw shooting improve with this group when its needed to close out games?

- And finally, I was so used to watching the Pic'n'roll off offense under Coach Donovan all of these years. How much screening will coach White employ to free up shooters?

Under White, Florida will now play the 'dribble-drive' offense where the guards & small forwards try to score by going towards the basket on drives. Players like Murphy, Robinson, KeVaughn Allen , Brandon Francis, Keith Stone & Devin Walker could excel in this type of offense.

Last edited:
Well Hallelujah! Maybe a slightly easier schedule will play some dividends for this Florida team. I think LSU & Kentucky are predicted to be the two best teams in the league. However, I think Florida is a dark-horse candidate to win the SEC because of some of the experienced players back on this team (Hill, DFS, & D.Walker).

Questions for this team:

- Can the team develop better post play offense/defense with Egbuene at center & a senior Dorian-Finney Smith?

- With Frazier gone, who will be able to hit from the 3-pt range consistently? How will Coach White employ 3-pt shooting strategically?

- Will Free-throw shooting improve with this group when its needed to close out games?

- And finally, I was so used to watching the Pic'n'roll off offense under Coach Donovan all of these years. How much screening will coach White employ to free up shooters?

Under White, Florida will now play the 'dribble-drive' offense where the guards & small forwards try to score by going towards the basket on drives. Players like Murphy, Robinson, KeVaughn Allen , Brandon Francis, Keith Stone & Devin Walker could excel in this type of offense.

Agree with the dribble drive being a good fit. Murphy, DFS and Hill are all at their best going toward the basket. Free throw shooting will be interesting. It is something that just seemed to plague Billy's teams lately for whatever reason. I'll also be interested to see how much their defense falls off.

Last edited:
I dunno. If he can't be a threat from the perimeter, he doesn't get guarded as nearly as aggressively and the defense plays soft and waits for the pass to the play makers. I think this is what contributed to poor perimeter game play from the team last year. If he starts hitting, then he'll be able to make a ton more higher percentage opportunities imo.

I don't think he'll ever shoot well from the perimeter. If White gets them out in transition more, that will create more opportunities for Hill. He's probably as fast with the ball as anyone in the country.

According to coach Mike White, 4 guys will be handling the ball for the Gators:

#2 PG Kasey Hill 6-1 182 ***** Jr - Micky-D AA (speed-drive)

#8 PG Chris Chinozza 6-0 175 **** So - #42/50 (high speed-drive)

#9 SG/PG Brandone Francis-Ramirez 6-5 205 **** rsFr - #35/50 (3-pt shooter)

#18 SG/PG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 183 **** Fr - Ark. Gatorade PoY (3-pt shooter)

"I think all four of those guys are capable of handling the ball in pressure situations, key moments throughout the game, finishing halves, finishing games.” -- MW

Reactions: RD_Gator
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Gators Madness is back!

The Florida men’s and women’s basketball teams will host the Florida basketball tip-off event at 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 2, at the O’Connell Center with free admission for all fans to get their first look at the 2015-16 Gators.

Fans will have a chance to hear from head coaches Mike White and Amanda Butler and see the new men’s coaching staff, four newcomers and three players who sat out last season in action for the first time. On the women’s side, watch five seniors suit-up for their final season wearing the Orange & Blue and welcome four newcomers and a pair of new assistant coaches to the court.

In addition to the basketball teams, the Dazzlers, Cheerleaders and UF Band will provide entertainment along with Albert and Alberta.

So make your plans now to include some hoops in your football weekend to help the Gators tip off the season with a bang!

Men’s season tickets are on sale now, and women’s season tickets go on sale on Sept. 8.

What: Gator Madness 2015-16 Tip Off
When: Friday, Oct. 2, 9 p.m.
Where: Stephen C. O’Connell Center
Who: Florida men’s & women’s basketball, Dazzlers, Cheerleaders, UF Band & Mascots
Why: Get your first look at the 2015-16 basketball teams
Cost: FREE!

NO WAY that Urbie will ever be able to beat Saint Blobby Bow-down and his Gud-Chrishan-Boyz.... :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT