ADVERTISEMENT

“The Two Commandments”

Tatton

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
My neighbor told me he snd his wife watched the Cecil B. DeMille classic starring Charlton Heston as Moses last weekend. Only it had been retitled, “The Two Commandments”. He said the Disney Corporation which owns ABC and other broadcasting channels explained that the lengthy film had to be edited down in the interest of time and scheduling, as the movie fell between two new Disney-developed shows. First up, was a new ‘family-friendly’ “Leave It to Beaver” production entitled “Beaver and Larry Become Third Grade Girls”. After the movie came “Two and a-Half Men or Women”, an episode inspired by trans women’s sports competition and Forrest Gump’s famous tagline: “…you never know what you might get.” The original “Ten Commandments” was pared down by eliminating all three that mentioned God as being too specific and therefore offensive, and editing out commandments against murder, stealing, lying, adultery and coveting what others own. The remaining two commands in the edited film were the fourth about taking time off and not working for you and everyone in your circle, and the one about honoring your parents. However, the word ‘honor’ was replaced with “You shall horrify your parents.” Oy veh!

My neighbor told me he snd his wife watched the Cecil B. DeMille classic starring Charlton Heston as Moses last weekend. Only it had been retitled, “The Two Commandments”. He said the Disney Corporation which owns ABC and other broadcasting channels explained that the lengthy film had to be edited down in the interest of time and scheduling, as the movie fell between two new Disney-developed shows. First up, was a new ‘family-friendly’ “Leave It to Beaver” production entitled “Beaver and Larry Become Third Grade Girls”. After the movie came “Two and a-Half Men or Women”, an episode inspired by trans women’s sports competition and Forrest Gump’s famous tagline: “…you never know what you might get.” The original “Ten Commandments” was pared down by eliminating all three that mentioned God as being too specific and therefore offensive, and editing out commandments against murder, stealing, lying, adultery and coveting what others own. The remaining two commands in the edited film were the fourth about taking time off and not working for you and everyone in your circle, and the one about honoring your parents. However, the word ‘honor’ was replaced with “You shall horrify your parents.” Oy veh!
Disney is dead to me my friend. I will never understand why corporations, athletes and other public figures want to lose half of their business, fans, customers for being political. Disney needs to make movies, etc...and stay in their lane. I would be SO UPSET if I were a stock holder.

This is Gold^^

Reactions: Tatton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT