ADVERTISEMENT

You're right Insta, the defense is really good

How about they rush three and sack Trask we rush 4 and haven’t even pressured the Vandy QB. The defense plays with zero urgency. They casually get aligned or almost aligned and casually play each play.

I say is going to have some lengthy post that basically says "we only gave up 17 point ahahaha you're all dumb."

17 points "seems" respectable.........until you consider, it was Vandy. What, they've beaten us once in 32 years?o_O

400 yards of offense to an 0-6 team with a true frosh QB. That equates to giving up 800 yards to Bama.
It's not looking good on that side of the ball. I'll tell you that. To have a chance against Matt Jones, we better not need to punt the entire game.

It's true. 'some' Gator fans can moan over a win better than any other fan base in college football... 😏

The issues facing Florida are too much to be fixed mid-season, but a step in the right direction would include the utilization of the young and uber-talented athletes currently sitting on the bench. (what iG's been saying for weeks) 🤓

The same can be said of a few on offense, like rsSr's RT Delance and WR Wells. I suggest putting White at RG and Braun at RT, replacing Reese & Delance as the starters. Can't be any worse and at least they get playing experience for the future.... :cool:

When regular snaps have been given to the likes of Rashad Torrence II, Jaydon Hill, TreVez Johnson, and Ty'Ron Hopper, among others, the defense's production has been drastically better.

What happened to getting the best players on the field, no matter the class? You should NEVER let seniority go to the 'Peter Principle' level.

Sometimes it's the DC and/or his system (Top 10 in Nation in 1st 2 seasons without his own recruits), and sometimes it's the Jimmies & Joes not getting it done. :mad:

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-vanderbilt-commodores-recap-good-bad-ugly

Last edited:
On the subject of the Gator RB's production in 2020 so far:

The Gator's RB's: (listed in order of total attempts)

Pierce - 72 for 347, 4.8 ypc, L-16, 3 TD's
Rec - 7 for 95, 13.6 yds/rec, L-35, 1 TD

Davis - 41 for 179, 4.3 ypc, L-23, 0 TD's
Rec - 18 for 287, 15.9 yds/rec, L-39, 0 TD's

Wright - 40 for 158, 3.8 ypc, L-14, 1 TD
Rec - 9 for 139, 15.4 yds/rec, L-50, 0 TD's

WR/RB Toney - 13 for 95, 6.4 ypc, L-50, 1 TD
Receiving - 42 for 503, 12.0 Yds/Rec, L-57, 7 TD's

Lingard - 4 for 21, 4.8 ypc, L-10, 0 TD's
No receptions.

Clement - 3 for 29, 9.7 ypc, L-17, 0 TD's (jus-damn, use him more)
No receptions.
-----

QB Trask - 33 for 124, 3.8 ypc, L-26, 0 TD's (sacks not included)

QB Jones - 17 for 123, 7.2 ypc, L-22, 1 TD

QB Richardson - 4 for 19, 4.8 ypc, L-7, 0 TD's

Last edited:
Those few fans that seem to hate Grantham are correct on how bad his Def is.... :rolleyes:

Florida currently ranks No. 1 in the SEC in sacks per game with 3, and
No. 2 in tackles-for-loss per game with 6.43. 🤓

Those few fans that seem to hate Grantham are correct on how bad his Def is.... :rolleyes:

Florida currently ranks No. 1 in the SEC in sacks per game with 3, and
No. 2 in tackles-for-loss per game with 6.43. 🤓

for the guy that trumpets "team performance," it's odd that you point out the sacks, and seem to have little issue with the blown big plays and poor secondary performance.

Are they not part of the team effort on defense?

Grantham is an embarrassment. 62nd in total defense and he's doing this with an offense that forces teams to be one dimensional. All you need to know about his competence is he spent a whole half trying to mass sub while the other offense was running tempo. Not one or two players, whole units at a time! More than a couple times we had players running on the field while the other team was snapping the ball. Of course he blamed execution after the game. I guess the players sub themselves. :rolleyes:

Grantham is really an NFL guy and for some reason tries to be the smartest guy in the room and tries to run a defense that is too exotic and complicated for college kids to be running. We have the talent and athletes that we don’t have to running crazy defense. At this point just simplify it and let our athletes make plays. Too much thinking and confusion going on. All we need is an average defense and we have a chance to win a SEC/National title.

I guess you missed it when Dan said that he wanted subs into the game sooner, and he said that they needed to sub more, not less.... 🤓 (iG agrees with Dan)

I guess having a Top 10 in the Nation in Total D his first 2 season with the other guys recruits was an accident, and Todd has now gone brain dead recently, no longer knowing how to coach a D... :rolleyes:

You're misrepresenting what Dan said. He said he TOLD Grantham to start rotating players in because he wasn't doing it early in the game they way Mullen wanted him to. So no, the mass confusion we saw early in the game wasn't due to planned substitutions because we weren't subbing in young players then. Otherwise Dan wouldn't have had to tell him to do it. It was due to Grantham idiotically trying to match personnel against a tempo team. Grantham doesn't even know who his best players on defense are to the point Mullen has to tell him to put other people in the game. That's pathetic.

And you do realize Grantham has been fired from 2 of the last 3 jobs he's had correct? See, I can selectively pick stats too. And in each of the last two years his 'Top 10 defenses' gave up 33 points per game in our losses including stellar performances like 300 yards rushing given up to Kentucky. But at least he can bully UT Martin :rolleyes:

You're misrepresenting what Dan said. He said he TOLD Grantham to start rotating players in because he wasn't doing it early in the game they way Mullen wanted him to. So no, the mass confusion we saw early in the game wasn't due to planned substitutions because we weren't subbing in young players then. Otherwise Dan wouldn't have had to tell him to do it. It was due to Grantham idiotically trying to match personnel against a tempo team. Grantham doesn't even know who his best players on defense are to the point Mullen has to tell him to put other people in the game. That's pathetic.

And you do realize Grantham has been fired from 2 of the last 3 jobs he's had correct? See, I can selectively pick stats too. And in each of the last two years his 'Top 10 defenses' gave up 33 points per game in our losses including stellar performances like 300 yards rushing given up to Kentucky. But at least he can bully UT Martin :rolleyes:

I won't bother to again list the 28 wins the team has against UT Martin in the last 2.5 years... :rolleyes:

Natl Champ 15-0 LSU, with the Heisman QB, only beat UF by 14 Pts, at night in Death Valley.
12-2 Playoff team UGly beat UF by 7 Pts, and only scored 24 Pts in the game.
In both of those games, the SEC Officials made ZERO OL holding calls on LSU and UGly. Do you think that might have put a crimp in UF's SEC sack leaders D?
UT Martin my azzz.... 😏
-----

Florida head coach Dan Mullen wants that to change. Defensive coordinator Todd Grantham says they are doing more. Mullen says it’s important to get more players on the field and to do it early in games.

You see it all the time with the Florida Gators offense. There are three different running backs that rotate for one position. There are at least two at every receiver position that rotate during the game. They now have three tight ends that have played a lot of football. Maybe not so much on the offensive line where continuity is such a huge deal, but talented players see the field on offense and get playing time early. Defensively, it seems that the rotations are usually few and far between unless there is someone missing from the contest for one reason or another. (that last is BS by the article writer pushing a narrative)
-----

Facts:
There are 20 players on the defense that have played in all 7 games.
There are 11 more players on defense that have played in 5-6 games.
There are 38 defensive players with appearance game time,
(mop-up & future)

For the rest of the story....

==========

Yep, Grantham is a total loser and he's an idiot when it comes to coaching defense,,, it's just so obvious. :rolleyes:

However, dumb Dan has hired him to be his DC at 2 different SEC schools.
Dan could have easily dumped him upon leaving MsSt for UF, but he didn't.
Post 2019, several college and Pro teams made offers to Todd, a perfect chance for Dan to usher Todd out. :cool:

From Grantham's 'Official' UF Bio -- "Restoring the tradition of defensive excellence at the University of Florida, Todd Grantham’s impact in his first two seasons as UF’s Defensive Coordinator has been immense. In 2019, Florida finished 7th nationally in scoring defense (15.5 points) and has been one of the best teams in the nation at keeping its opponents out of the end zone, completing three shutouts in a season for the first time since 1988. (the bio writer is obviously a lying tool that really agrees with ooozzzz, among others).

And oh BTW, Dan recently got Todd a nice fat raise to reward him for this totally ignorant incompetence.... :rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes::eek::cool:;)

Figures don't lie; but liars can figure & take data out of context !

In support of Grantham, another poster pointed out that the Gators had
"... three shutouts in a season for the first time since 1988. (the bio writer is obviously a lying tool that really agrees with ooozzzz, among others).

Who, you ask, were those three "impressive" shutouts ?
UT Martin
Towson
Vandy

Enough said.

Right Jeff, and since 1988 UF has NEVER had 3 games in a season vs the same level of competition.
Allowing me to see that fans can both figure and lie out of both sides of their mouths.... 🤓 😏 😇
=====

Unlike some of the Gator snowflake fans, Grantham not panicking over defense, instead he's focusing on four fixes.

"I think No. 1 is that we’ve played really good defense around here and that we’ve been able to win a lot of games," Grantham said Tuesday night. "The bottom line is you win games. Right now I believe today we’re the winningest staff over the last three years coming in new as far as number of wins. So obviously we’re doing something right." (as the iG's been saying, the inconsistency of the Jimmies and the Joes, primarily in the secondary)

"When you go back to that last game, at the end of the day, the last eight possessions, they had seven points. When you look at it, there were like nine plays for 218 (yards) and there were like 67 plays or 65 plays for 188. I mean, that’s like a low number, OK? So it’s like I told the guys: I said, ‘These nine plays, how do we fix those?’ If you just reduce it to half of that, you’re holding teams under five yards a play, which would put you as a premier defense in the country."

https://247sports.com/college/flori...ver-defense-focusing-on-four-fixes-155376154/

Here is another take on the D.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...to-tackle-tempo-issues-defensively-155381338/

Gator fans mourn while they suffer through yet another huge double digit (+24) SEC win. :rolleyes:

It's all the fault of Grantham's dumb defensive system that forced an early punt on Kentucky's first 2 drives but then allowed UK a whole 10 1st half points. Todd is given little credit for then not allowing Kentucky to score another point and limiting them to just 46 2nd half yards and his guys getting 3 Ints in the game. Kentucky's six second-half drives all ended poorly: Punt, interception, punt, turnover on downs, interception, interception, proving yet again just how stupid Todd's D is.... 😏

While the Mullen offense scored a quick TD, and then went fumble, punt, punt, constantly forcing the D right back on the field. Thank gawd that the ST's bailed out the offense for a 14-10 half time lead. (is it Todd's fault that Dan's offense only scored 14 pts vs VU or 7 pts vs UK in the 1st half of their games?) o_O

Anyone notice that when the offense plays better, so does the defense, and vice versa. Maybe Dan should have been looking into a mirror when he threw his little 1st half sideline tantrum..... I guess it's a good thing that they both ate some 'smart pills' during halftime.... :rolleyes:

Commentators view: "Florida was reeling defensively, unable to get off the field."

iG's view: Florida's defense was being worked because the offense couldn't sustain a single drive in the entire 1st half, after their quick 1st possession TD drive. The ToP is on both the offense and the defense, not just the defense. 🤓

PS -- Oh BTW, for those concerned about fumbles, did 3-star RB Malik Davis fumble twice, or should others (4-star RB & 5-star WR) be taking the T-O fumble heat? Or do fumbles only matter in away games that are 3 Pt 'walk-off' losses??? :cool:

PSS -- UK came into the game with the SEC's leading pass defense. However, Todd's D only gave up a total of 62 passing yards to UK for the game while getting 3 Ints.... :eek:

Todd Granthams supposedly incompetent defense was able to hold Kentucky to 0 points, 46 total yards, 2 first downs and 0-for-5 on 3rd & Grantham in the 2nd half. A near-elite performance that was capped with an interception by one of the young (tFr Johnson) DB's. (Todd's recruits are coming on, like Diabate among others)

Others see things differently, and that's just fine with me.... 😇

Last edited:
Gator fans mourn while they suffer through yet another huge double digit (+24) SEC win. :rolleyes:

It's all the fault of Grantham's dumb defensive system that forced an early punt on Kentucky's first 2 drives but then allowed UK a whole 10 1st half points. Todd is given little credit for then not allowing Kentucky to score another point and limiting them to just 46 2nd half yards and his guys getting 3 Ints in the game. Kentucky's six second-half drives all ended poorly: Punt, interception, punt, turnover on downs, interception, interception, proving yet again just how stupid Todd's D is.... 😏

While the Mullen offense scored a quick TD, and then went fumble, punt, punt, constantly forcing the D right back on the field. Thank gawd that the ST's bailed out the offense for a 14-10 half time lead. (is it Todd's fault that Dan's offense only scored 14 pts vs VU or 7 pts vs UK in the 1st half of their games?) o_O

Anyone notice that when the offense plays better, so does the defense, and vice versa. Maybe Dan should have been looking into a mirror when he threw his little 1st half sideline tantrum..... I guess it's a good thing that they both ate some 'smart pills' during halftime.... :rolleyes:

Commentators view: "Florida was reeling defensively, unable to get off the field."

iG's view: Florida's defense was being worked because the offense couldn't sustain a single drive in the entire 1st half, after their quick 1st possession TD drive. The ToP is on both the offense and the defense, not just the defense. 🤓

PS -- Oh BTW, for those concerned about fumbles, did 3-star RB Malik Davis fumble twice, or should others (4-star RB & 5-star WR) be taking the T-O fumble heat? Or do fumbles only matter in away games that are 3 Pt 'walk-off' losses??? :cool:

PSS -- UK came into the game with the SEC's leading pass defense. However, Todd's D only gave up a total of 62 passing yards to UK for the game while getting 3 Ints.... :eek:

Todd Granthams supposedly incompetent defense was able to hold Kentucky to 0 points, 46 total yards, 2 first downs and 0-for-5 on 3rd & Grantham in the 2nd half. A near-elite performance that was capped with an interception by one of the young (tFr Johnson) DB's. (Todd's recruits are coming on, like Diabate among others)

Your points are good but it took someone (Mullen) to light a fire under them. You can’t depend on the offense every time.

Grantham's defenses tend to look good against offenses that are really really bad. This is a proven point.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Right Jeff, and since 1988 UF has NEVER had 3 games in a season vs the same level of competition.
Allowing me to see that fans can both figure and lie out of both sides of their mouths.... 🤓 😏 😇
=====

Unlike some of the Gator snowflake fans, Grantham not panicking over defense, instead he's focusing on four fixes.

"I think No. 1 is that we’ve played really good defense around here and that we’ve been able to win a lot of games," Grantham said Tuesday night. "The bottom line is you win games. Right now I believe today we’re the winningest staff over the last three years coming in new as far as number of wins. So obviously we’re doing something right." (as the iG's been saying, the inconsistency of the Jimmies and the Joes, primarily in the secondary)

"When you go back to that last game, at the end of the day, the last eight possessions, they had seven points. When you look at it, there were like nine plays for 218 (yards) and there were like 67 plays or 65 plays for 188. I mean, that’s like a low number, OK? So it’s like I told the guys: I said, ‘These nine plays, how do we fix those?’ If you just reduce it to half of that, you’re holding teams under five yards a play, which would put you as a premier defense in the country."

https://247sports.com/college/flori...ver-defense-focusing-on-four-fixes-155376154/

Here is another take on the D.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...to-tackle-tempo-issues-defensively-155381338/

So it’s like I told the guys: I said, ‘These nine plays, how do we fix those?

He's asking because he doesn't know.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Lizzy, you don't seem to agree with Dan's evaluations, but I'm sure that you're a whole lot smarter than he is concerning football coaching... :rolleyes:

Mullen: Grantham Has Done 'A Great Job' With Florida Gators' Defense

“I think he’s done a great job," Mullen responded. "Look at what we’ve done in different games and adjustments we make in the course of the game."

Florida ranks 2nd the SEC in sacks with 23 and 1st in tackles for loss with 41.

Lizzy, you don't seem to agree with Dan's evaluations, but I'm sure that you're a whole lot smarter than he is concerning football coaching... :rolleyes:

Mullen: Grantham Has Done 'A Great Job' With Florida Gators' Defense

“I think he’s done a great job," Mullen responded. "Look at what we’ve done in different games and adjustments we make in the course of the game."

Florida ranks 2nd the SEC in sacks with 23 and 1st in tackles for loss with 41.

Yes, that's what Mullen was screaming at Grantham on the sidelines: "You're doing a great job!"

Can't even recognize coachspeak. smh

Lizzy says Dan's a liar and doesn't know what he's doing as the HC.... :rolleyes:

UF finished the 2019 season ranked 7th nationally in scoring defense (15.5 points), posted 3 shutouts for the 1st time since 1988, and was one of two FBS teams (Ore. being the other) to hold 5 opponents without an offensive touchdown. The 23 offensive touchdowns allowed by the Gators last season were tied for the 4th-lowest total nationally, and the fewest they surrendered since 2012.

So Lizzy says fire that dumb-azz incompetent Todd and hire someone better,,,, which is???? 😏

Lizzy says Dan's a liar and doesn't know what he's doing as the HC.... :rolleyes:

UF finished the 2019 season ranked 7th nationally in scoring defense (15.5 points), posted 3 shutouts for the 1st time since 1988, and was one of two FBS teams (Ore. being the other) to hold 5 opponents without an offensive touchdown. The 23 offensive touchdowns allowed by the Gators last season were tied for the 4th-lowest total nationally, and the fewest they surrendered since 2012.

So Lizzy says fire that dumb-azz incompetent Todd and hire someone better,,,, which is???? 😏

This would make sense IF EVERYBODY ELSE IN HERE DIDN'T AGREE WITH ME.

And yeah, I do say FIRE THAT DUMB AZZ INCOMPETENT.

Hire someone better than Grantham? Plenty to choose from.

This would make sense IF EVERYBODY ELSE IN HERE DIDN'T AGREE WITH ME.

And yeah, I do say FIRE THAT DUMB AZZ INCOMPETENT.

Hire someone better than Grantham? Plenty to choose from.

1) I must have missed that vote where everyone else here agreed with little Lizzy. (more fake news)

2) Your own BS opinion which doesn't agree with Dan's public statements.

3) Let's see YOUR list of betters that are a) available, b) interested in the job.

4) You're FoS, but then that's just my own opinion, as I don't need to claim that everyone else here agrees with me.... :p

It’s called coach speak. Actually if we had last years defense that was just average we would have a great chance to win the national title. That is how close we are.

Grantham is really an NFL guy and for some reason tries to be the smartest guy in the room and tries to run a defense that is too exotic and complicated for college kids to be running. We have the talent and athletes that we don’t have to running crazy defense. At this point just simplify it and let our athletes make plays. Too much thinking and confusion going on. All we need is an average defense and we have a chance to win a SEC/National title.

One of the main issues i see is tackling. If his scheme is too exotic how were the Gators good on defense his first 2 years? These player just not get it or are these players just not as good? Maybe its both but ive seen a lot of bad missed tackles and misplays on this as simple as a bubble screen. Hell at times you guys have looked worse than us on defense.... Thats hard to do

One of the main issues i see is tackling. If his scheme is too exotic how were the Gators good on defense his first 2 years? These player just not get it or are these players just not as good? Maybe its both but ive seen a lot of bad missed tackles and misplays on this as simple as a bubble screen. Hell at times you guys have looked worse than us on defense.... Thats hard to do
His defenses have been ranked high when it comes to stats, etc but it is fools gold. We have typically feasted on offenses that are weaker and we just overwhelm them. When we played against a decent offense or decent QB we would get exposed.
Another issue I have is the personnel he plays. I think we have younger players that are better than some of the veterans but he continues to stick with the vets and they are the ones that are messing up. And lastly in an effort to get the best players on the field we have a few guys playing out of position and learning on the fly.
I’m not a big Grantham fan but at the same time he’s probably still in the top 15 DCs in the country. I honestly probably can’t name 15 DCs I’d rather have. So if you are going to give him the pink slip you need to make sure you are getting somebody better or it isn’t worth it IMO.

Reactions: fsu939913
Grantham's Top 10 in the Nation defenses have been exposed as totally crappy and well below average, (7/125) leading to Dan/Todd's 'average' W/L Record of 28-6 (.824).... 😏

And to go along with that, Todd and his defensive staff haven't recruited a single decent player since they got here.... :rolleyes:

In iG's OHO, after his 4th-5th year at UF, with his own recruited players, THEN you can judge his overall abilities as a DC.

But until then, just continue to help him and the Gators by constantly dissing on his coaching abilities as much a possible, just because it's the right (smart) thing to do as a Gator fan... 🤓

1) I must have missed that vote where everyone else here agreed with little Lizzy. (more fake news)

2) Your own BS opinion which doesn't agree with Dan's public statements.

3) Let's see YOUR list of betters that are a) available, b) interested in the job.

4) You're FoS, but then that's just my own opinion, as I don't need to claim that everyone else here agrees with me.... :p

Numnuts, read everybody else's posts on this board. You are the only member of the Grantham fan club. Hell, I'm not even his biggest critic.

You want my list of better options: Almost everybody. There, how's that?

How's that? Perfect, and typical for any village idiot hater out there...
Just more 'Fake News' for the millions that are Gator fans....
And yeah I know, only the few negative stats matter when it comes to Todd. :rolleyes:

For the '3rd and Grantham' crowd. --
Four of Florida’s last 5 SEC opponents have converted 3 or fewer third downs.

Florida has 13 takeaways this season, bringing its total since the start of 2018 (DC Grantham) up to 62 -- which is tied for 9th among all FBS teams.

The Gators rank second in the SEC with 2.88 sacks per game and 6.50 tackles for loss per game. The SEC's 2019 season sack leader was 3-star OLB Jonathan Greenard, who is now in the NFL. Now, 8 games into the 2020 season, Florida leads the SEC with 23 sacks and 52 tackles for a loss.

And looking at the recruits that have chosen to come to UF to play defense for Grantham, they seem to believe that he can coach and they seem to like his system.

Prospects committed to the Gators currently in the 2021 cycle include:

5-star CB Jason Marshall,

4-star S Corey Collier,

4-star LB Jeremiah Williams,

4-star DE Tyreak Sapp,

4-star DE Justus Boone,

4-star S Donovan McMillon,

4-star LB Chief Borders,

3-star S Dakota Mitchell,

3-star DT Desmond Watson,

3-star DT Christopher Thomas,

3-star CB Jordan Young,

~ And the JuCo return of 4-star LB Diwun Black.

But of course, only the really dumb recruits would choose to play for Grantham in Lizzy's little world.... 😏

For the non-haters, JMOHO of course, but it looks to me like the Gators will be returning to a Top 5-10 defense in Grantham's 4-5 seasons, when he will finally have a full roster of his own recruits.

Q&A From Soph OLB Mohamoud Diabate
  • In your mind, what's the possibility of the defense playing a complete game?
    It's possible. That's what Coach Grantham expected out of us. He doesn't put anything in front of us that we can't do. He's putting a task in front of us that we have to step up and handle and I know that me and the rest of the guys will handle. We're going to get that done.

• What does a complete game from the defense look like to you?
    Just like the second half of the Kentucky game looked, but making that for the whole game. So, executing the calls and being in the right place at the right time, the whole consistent game, from the first snap to the last snap.

• What did you think about Coach Mullen and Coach Grantham yelling on sideline?
    That fires us up. That just shows us that both of them have a great love for the game. Coach Mullen has it. Coach Grantham has it. Things like that happen. That gets us motivated, gets us going because we can see that they care. They're invested in this game and it makes us feel the same thing.
  • ==========
  • "It's a competitive deal. We're all in it for one goal: to go win. We've had a lot of success, and we have a lot of respect for each other and what we do. And because of that respect we're allowed to express our opinions on things and do what's best for the team, and that's what we've done the last four years and we'll continue. We've been able to have a lot of success with our ability to be together." -- Gators DC Todd Grantham on his sideline spat with head coach Dan Mullen during the Kentucky game.
But just like Dan's 'coach speak' lies, they are all (coaches & players) just liars (according to the haters) so skip what they say. Unless of course it happens to agree with your own biased opinions, because then it goes from being 'liar's speak' to being absolute gospel.... :rolleyes:

Numbers.... it's not just tackling. Hell.......our guys don't even know where to line up!! They have to sprint on the field every other play and most aren't even set before the ball is snapped. I swear it's like Willie took over our defense. 🤣

Reactions: fsu939913
Numbers.... it's not just tackling. Hell.......our guys don't even know where to line up!! They have to sprint on the field every other play and most aren't even set before the ball is snapped. I swear it's like Willie took over our defense. 🤣
This has been a problem from game one. Mostly in up tempo situations. players(or coaches) should recognize this and act accordingly. The defense being on its heels is the result.

Reactions: NavigatorII

Got the willie 10 men on the field going on huh lol those were the days

Throwing out a one-play drive before halftime, Tennessee scored once on its first 9 drives and didn't score again until there was 5:33 left on the game clock. Across the eight scoreless drives, the Volunteers ran 40 plays for a total of 88 yards, averaging 2.2 yards per play.

Florida finished the night having faced 3 different quarterbacks, with freshman starter Harrison Bailey checking in and out with Brian Maurer and unable to develop an offensive flow. The 3rd QB, J.T. Shrout, actually had a great performance going 12-of-14 passing for 121 yards and a touchdown - in garbage time, entering after Florida took a 31-7 4th quarter lead, while holding Tennessee to 2.4 yards per carry - 94 yards on 39 attempts. The Gators totaled 5 sacks, a week removed from securing 3 (2nd half) interceptions against UK.

Of course, Alabama will be a totally different test than the Wildcats and Volunteers' offenses. But for UF fans that have clamored for defensive improvement all season long: You're getting it.
==========

~~ The Vol's checks to the SEC officials must have cleared before the game :rolleyes:began,,, or that game got the bottom of the bucket SEC crew.... I agree with Dan, (but he can't say it so I will) those SEC officials STUNK ON ICE!

The greatest threat to UF winning the SEC-C will be the Birmingham, AL based SEC officials, with the Bama D being a distant 2nd....

Note: The iG's been saying replace him as a starter since last season. Consistently missing his assignments on the edge that allowed multiple free rushers to the quarterback, RT Jean Delance single-handedly derailed Florida drives, as Tennessee forced Florida behind the chains on multiple occasions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT