ADVERTISEMENT

You guys want Jalen Hurts?

He would be better than what we have this year but you would see the rest of the Bama players effect on how good he looks real quick if he was to play here now.

I suspect he will be available soon after his comments today.
This was not a good look for Saban. Bama in danger of having a divided locker room???
giphy.gif

What the hell is he even talking about? Just because he has to compete for his job? Why was he talking about groceries for so long?

I’d take him though. He can run.

What the hell is he even talking about? Just because he has to compete for his job? Why was he talking about groceries for so long?

I’d take him though. He can run.

He used the inhaled instead of entailed....hes not the sharpest

What did he have to say?

Early in the Spring, his dad gave an interview and said if Jalen wasn't the starter this season, he was going to transfer. That started the whole 'narrative' that he's upset about.

Rumors started soon after that he was leaving and today he made it clear that he was upset that the coaches never asked him about the rumors......that his dad started.

This was not a good look for Saban. Bama in danger of having a divided locker room???
giphy.gif

We were in danger of having that last year. If you watch the games, the WRs often are visibly upset with Hurts after bad throws. Ridley was often seen cussing him after he threw a 5-yard hitch pass behind him.

The locker room wanted Tua and everyone on the team and the coaching staff could tell he was lightyears better than Hurts, but Saban wanted to play Jalen.

Now it's Tua's team and I suspect Hurts will be playing for Tejas in 2019.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Trask & Franks rsSo
E.Jones Fr
J.Jones 2019 verbal (100% hard commit)

Don't need (nor want) no Hurts...

There seems to be some rumors out there that Mullen has interest in Hurts. Apparently he has two years of eligibility left. Pretty sure Saban who screw him on a potential transfer to another SEC school. I personally think he could beat out both Franks and Trask.

There seems to be some rumors out there that Mullen has interest in Hurts. Apparently he has two years of eligibility left. Pretty sure Saban who screw him on a potential transfer to another SEC school. I personally think he could beat out both Franks and Trask.

Hurts graduates in December, so that could effect thing.

We don’t need another QB athlete who can’t read defenses or throw accurately. Second, he should not be able to qualify to enter UF academically. Moreover, Saban is probably going crazy about him talking to press. Typically, he keeps those guys away from media and these kind issues in house. Don’t think for a minute, despite a 26-2 record that Saban will not dismiss Jalen hurts. In his mind, once the value is gone, good riddens. It doesn’t matter what hurts has done, it’s about what can you do for me now. He transfers before the season starts.

On a side note, this could be a preview of what you will see in Athens as well. One mistake by fromme or a loss and they will be clamoring for fields. Bama and UGA could face major divided locker room issues by mid-season.

Worth noting that Hurts will only have 1 year left. And what Hurts needs most of all is a true QB coach who can teach him how to pass. Dude is an incredible athlete, but can't hit the ocean from the beach throwing the ball.

If Hurts would have 2 years left, if I were Mullen I'd jump all over him if I could get him. With one year.....he will improve as a passer, not sure it would be enough.

We don’t need another QB athlete who can’t read defenses or throw accurately. Second, he should not be able to qualify to enter UF academically. Moreover, Saban is probably going crazy about him talking to press. Typically, he keeps those guys away from media and these kind issues in house. Don’t think for a minute, despite a 26-2 record that Saban will not dismiss Jalen hurts. In his mind, once the value is gone, good riddens. It doesn’t matter what hurts has done, it’s about what can you do for me now. He transfers before the season starts.

On a side note, this could be a preview of what you will see in Athens as well. One mistake by fromme or a loss and they will be clamoring for fields. Bama and UGA could face major divided locker room issues by mid-season.

Saban is loyal to a fault to the players that 'prove' themselves to him. He was that way with Hurts up till now. With Saban, not turning the ball over is everything when you're his QB, and Hurts didn't. That's why he always stuck with him and never considered Tua, even though Tua dazzled every time he got on the field.

Of course, now that Hurts has shot his mouth off to the press, he may never play another down for us.

Tua is on another level. Interestingly, I've seen recruiting geeks say similar things about Fields, as you alluded he may end up taking the job from Fromm.

Let's just all take a deep breath, up until this interview the only thing I heard surrounding Hurts was how good a teammate he was. Is he now too toxic to keep? The guy is a competitor, he has been an alpha all his life. He is likely being replaced by a better player, he has stayed silent all offseason. Coming off one of the biggest personal failures but team successes, he has likely been thinking about that moment for months.

His dad spoke out, his teammates spoke about him. Fans have talked about him, his coach has talked about him. People stick a microphone in your face after having everybody talk about you and the wall may burst. He didn't talk negatively about anybody outside of his frustrations about a narrative built around his feelings.

For him it would be best to quietly ask for a transfer and find a program with a coach capable of cultivating his talents. He is not going to be playing for Florida in my opinion. Mullen could do wonders for him but I don't see it happening. Some have stated he is on the verge of graduating, I am unaware if there are any restrictions on grad transfers so it could still be a possibility. I think we have seen enough transfer QBs for a while (Zaire,Applebee,DelRio). We have Emory Jones waiting in the wings.

Let's just all take a deep breath, up until this interview the only thing I heard surrounding Hurts was how good a teammate he was. Is he now too toxic to keep? The guy is a competitor, he has been an alpha all his life. He is likely being replaced by a better player, he has stayed silent all offseason. Coming off one of the biggest personal failures but team successes, he has likely been thinking about that moment for months.

His dad spoke out, his teammates spoke about him. Fans have talked about him, his coach has talked about him. People stick a microphone in your face after having everybody talk about you and the wall may burst. He didn't talk negatively about anybody outside of his frustrations about a narrative built around his feelings.

For him it would be best to quietly ask for a transfer and find a program with a coach capable of cultivating his talents. He is not going to be playing for Florida in my opinion. Mullen could do wonders for him but I don't see it happening. Some have stated he is on the verge of graduating, I am unaware if there are any restrictions on grad transfers so it could still be a possibility. I think we have seen enough transfer QBs for a while (Zaire,Applebee,DelRio). We have Emory Jones waiting in the wings.

Not necessarily toxic, but when he already had issues on the field anyway, got a lot of flack for his demeanor on the sideline during the national title game, and now here as camp starts, being a "me-monster?"

Thats not a good look.

Meanwhile, being interviewed at the same time wasn't Tua, talking about team work and preparation and focus.

Unless that GA QB gets injured missing games and the backup comes in kicking butt he has nothing to worry about. I doubt he would be starting himself if not for that happening to the previous QB.

Not necessarily toxic, but when he already had issues on the field anyway, got a lot of flack for his demeanor on the sideline during the national title game, and now here as camp starts, being a "me-monster?"

Thats not a good look.

Meanwhile, being interviewed at the same time wasn't Tua, talking about team work and preparation and focus.

Tua is going to be the starting quarterback at Alabama. I don't hold Jalen to a higher standard than any other player or person with a competitive fire. He remained silent throughout the whole summer, no social media use to my knowledge.

I wouldn't label him a diva because he gave into an interviewer. He has not caused the university or team any headaches. He hasn't thrown anybody under the bus. He was asked a question and he let it be known how he feels. More than likely after this interview he went back to practice and remained a good teammate. I am ignorant on Alabama players so I can only judge him off what I have heard.

He might be a selfish self-absorbed jerk, this didn't convince me of that though. I would ask the Alabama fan to elaborate more on his behaviour. Has he done things to point towards a me-first guy?

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Tua is going to be the starting quarterback at Alabama. I don't hold Jalen to a higher standard than any other player or person with a competitive fire. He remained silent throughout the whole summer, no social media use to my knowledge.

I wouldn't label him a diva because he gave into an interviewer. He has not caused the university or team any headaches. He hasn't thrown anybody under the bus. He was asked a question and he let it be known how he feels. More than likely after this interview he went back to practice and remained a good teammate. I am ignorant on Alabama players so I can only judge him off what I have heard.

He might be a selfish self-absorbed jerk, this didn't convince me of that though. I would ask the Alabama fan to elaborate more on his behaviour. Has he done things to point towards a me-first guy?

Jalen is a good kid and a good leader.

You have to remember that this was all started by Jalen's dad telling reporters that if Jalen didn't start for Bama this season, he was leaving. THAT is what started the 'narrative' that Jalen doesn't like.

Apparently Nick didn't talk to Jalen about it. If I were Jalen, I'm not so sure that's a conversation I'd want to have.

You have to remember that this was all started by Jalen's dad telling reporters that if Jalen didn't start for Bama this season, he was leaving. THAT is what started the 'narrative' that Jalen doesn't like.

Apparently Nick didn't talk to Jalen about it. If I were Jalen, I'm not so sure that's a conversation I'd want to have.

Yea idk what exactly he expects the coaches to talk to him about. Seems like he needed to check his daddy if he didn’t want that narrative out there. What’s Saban supposed to do? “Hey Jalen I heard if I don’t name you the starter you’re leaving, is that’s true?” I’m sure that wouldn’t make the situation more awkward.

Unfortunately for a lot of these guys their parents are living vicariously through them. His dad probably invested a lot of time and effort into getting his son to be a top ranked recruit. Now he sees his son being pushed to the back and it is like a punch to his dreams.

Lonzo Ball has the same issue with his daddy, only times a million. Everybody can see what is happening but the son rightfully respects his father and doesn't tell him to shut his trap.

Is Hurts 6-5 239 with a 72% (Trask) completion rate and a strong physical willingness to run the ball? (Mullen's early Fall assessment)

Jalen Hurts 6-2 218 Jr -- 60.6% -- With a ton of personal and mommy/daddy baggage... :oops:
Naw, Saban can keep him, or send him to tennis-sea,,, he looks to fit in better there... ;)

Rival rippin' aside, Hurts is a decent QB-dt, but he really would not fit in well at UF.
JMOHO of course... :cool:

05. QB-dt Emory Jones 6-2 192 Fr - EE - UA-AA - Elite 11 Finalist
HS Sr 8 Gms - 59.2%, 1,197 yds, 10 TD's - Rush 494 yds, 6 TD's.
Top 5 Offers: UF -- UA, AU, FSU, tOSU.

QB-dt Jalon Jones 6-4 205 4.45/40 at Elite-11- Baltimore, MD (#13 QB-dt ****)
Offers: UF Hard Commit - UA, MsSt, Miss, TN - UL, Ore, tOSU MichSt, VaT.

Last edited:
Unless that GA QB gets injured missing games and the backup comes in kicking butt he has nothing to worry about. I doubt he would be starting himself if not for that happening to the previous QB.

Fromm was a true frosh. Fields ain’t sitting two full seasons, I promise you that.

Fromm will be exposed this year as the D will take a step back and he will be asked to make plays beyond game management

That said, unless they change their offense Fields isn’t all that scary.

Mama Jalen steps into the fray:

“Wow ignorance is blissed,” Pamela Hurts wrote “When has Jalen ever spoken to media about anything other than the team? When has he ever whined, pouted or talk about what 'y’all' don’t know takes place behind the scenes? There’s a reason why players aren’t allowed to speak to the media. Jalen spoke his truth, finally, after 3 years of being compliant and controlled. You have no idea what is and has been going on—and most likely, never will.

“Folks quick to speak highly on his character and demeanor, but know he is completely opposite of those accolades today. If you can turn on this young man today and not your president for any of his rhetoric, you were never with him to begin with."

Fromm was a true frosh. Fields ain’t sitting two full seasons, I promise you that.

Fromm will be exposed this year as the D will take a step back and he will be asked to make plays beyond game management

We will see but my guess is Fields never starts unless there is an injury to Fromm. I guess there could be a come in and win the game situation but I doubt that ends up happening.

What about Fromm makes him a game manager? It’s not like Georgia ran because they couldn’t throw. When Fromm was called upon to deliver, he did. Second only to Lock in QBR. The kid is just a winner.

Tend to agree, Fromm will eventually get passed if Fields is the real deal. Kirby was reluctant to put Fromm in situations where he had to move the team with his arm, and that's understandable. Not every true freshman is Tua.

Fromm's best role is manage the offense and when the defense gives him a chance, take a shot downfield.

Tend to agree, Fromm will eventually get passed if Fields is the real deal. Kirby was reluctant to put Fromm in situations where he had to move the team with his arm, and that's understandable. Not every true freshman is Tua.

Fromm's best role is manage the offense and when the defense gives him a chance, take a shot downfield.

giphy.gif

Reactions: bradleygator
He should stay at QB this year unless Mac Jones continues to develop. At the end of the season he will likely transfer.

He will definitely transfer - curious to see where. He screwed up not leaving when he had the chance to unless that other guy ends up getting injured.

Teams will have to defend Bama a little differently now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT