ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday Alabama mandated mask wearing statewide, so let's all track cases together

GhostOfMatchesMalone

Ring of Honor
Oct 1, 2012
and see for ourselves if wearing a mask works to stop the spread of hoax flu as the sheep claim.

As of yesterday, there were 53.587 hoax flu cases in Alabama according to: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So there's no spinning, we all get to track the results together, in real time.

If hoax flu deaths suddenly go away. will the critical thinkers be able to admit they were wrong and embrace mask wearing?

If the hoax flu deaths continue, will the sheep be able to admit they were fooled into believing a hoax?

Stay tuned, we're all about to find out together!

So we have our first update on hoax flu cases and deaths from Alabama for yesterday:

1953 new cases
32 new deaths

Mask mandate didn't go into affect until 5pm so these won't be truly accurate numbers till tomorrow.

As usual you have absolutely no idea of science, medicine or math. Look up incubation period first, then gather data on % population conforming to mask mandate, correlate % positive cases to account for increased/decreased testing numbers. Or play chicken little as usual. sigh

As usual you have absolutely no idea of science, medicine or math. Look up incubation period first, then gather data on % population conforming to mask mandate, correlate % positive cases to account for increased/decreased testing numbers. Or play chicken little as usual. sigh

Chicken Little is the one always screaming that the sky is falling, right? Ie "Wear a mask or we're all gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiieeeee!!!!!"

Damn bro, calm down! You are already making excuses for numbers we don't have yet. Pretty telling...

Chicken Little is the one always screaming that the sky is falling, right? Ie "Wear a mask or we're all gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiieeeee!!!!!"

Damn bro, calm down! You are already making excuses for numbers we don't have yet. Pretty telling...

I must have used big words that you didn't understand. That doesn't mean it bothers me, let's rehash: incubation period. Now when you grasp that concept, you can see how silly your posts on Alabama mask mandate actually becomes. Even I am embarrassed for you on this.

And that's only if you will buy into the twisted / corrupted numbers that are being thrown out there.... :rolleyes:

Is everyone in Sweden dead yet? :rolleyes:

Wow Instaloon, in the other thread you asked to compare Sweden to Belgium, and when I shut you up with the data, now you're over here doubting the numbers? Guess that's all you can do when the numbers don't match your narrative and you look silly.

The Clown-U nole-licker is now claiming that Alabama's numbers will drop drastically in a couple of weeks due to mandatory masks, and that the flat curve will be due solely to the mask wearing.
He's a typical Clown-U type... :confused:

I must have used big words that you didn't understand. That doesn't mean it bothers me, let's rehash: incubation period. Now when you grasp that concept, you can see how silly your posts on Alabama mask mandate actually becomes. Even I am embarrassed for you on this.

I means you are already getting your excuses ready because you know what's coming.

The numbers don't lie, although the sheep might:

If cases and deaths fall dramatically in the coming days, we have strong indicators that the mask mandate is working.

If they do not, we have strong indicators that the mask mandate is having little or no effect.

Simple as that. We all get to track the numbers together, we all get to see if masks work or not...together.

The Clown-U nole-licker is now claiming that Alabama's numbers will drop drastically in a couple of weeks due to mandatory masks, and that the flat curve will be due solely to the mask wearing.
He's a typical Clown-U type... :confused:

Please show us where I made those claims. Reading comp. issues, total lie on your part, anal probe go bad? Resorting to strawman arguments verify that you've lost on the actual facts. Keep trying.

I means you are already getting your excuses ready because you know what's coming.

The numbers don't lie, although the sheep might:

If cases and deaths fall dramatically in the coming days, we have strong indicators that the mask mandate is working.

If they do not, we have strong indicators that the mask mandate is having little or no effect.

Simple as that. We all get to track the numbers together, we all get to see if masks work or not...together.

Get someone with a triple digit IQ to explain the incubation period of covid to you. Until then you are clueless so stop making a fool of yourself. Sigh

25% of the nation's deaths are in NY.

Masks mandated statewide three months ago.

Sheep hoodwinked again.

Since you've already lost the Alabama discussion, I see you moved the goalposts to NY.
NY ordered mandatory masks in mid May and by June 1st. saw a 61% DECREASE in deaths.

Ghost hoodwinked again. LOL

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Media spinning that OMG all these cases!

But only in swing states that Trump must win. What a coincidence. Sheep never think to question their meal, they just gobble down.

This deserves its own thread Insta. Here's the research Ingraham is speaking about...
https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

Objective The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy of cloth masks to medical masks in hospital healthcare workers (HCWs). The null hypothesis is that there is no difference between medical masks and cloth masks.

Setting 14 secondary-level/tertiary-level hospitals in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Participants 1607 hospital HCWs aged ≥18 years working full-time in selected high-risk wards.

Intervention Hospital wards were randomised to: medical masks, cloth masks or a control group (usual practice, which included mask wearing). Participants used the mask on every shift for 4 consecutive weeks.

Main outcome measure Clinical respiratory illness (CRI), influenza-like illness (ILI) and laboratory-confirmed respiratory virus infection.

Results The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth mask arm, with the rate of ILI statistically significantly higher in the cloth mask arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07) compared with the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also had significantly higher rates of ILI compared with the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed ILI (RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-confirmed virus (RR=1.72, 95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were significantly higher in the cloth masks group compared with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

Conclusions This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally. However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and guidelines need to be updated.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Data taken out of context is all the rage with this COVID scare tactic.
Results from Saturday:

1777 new cases
1 new death

Good results. See @Nolec? You may panicked and tried to move the goalposts over nothing.

No panic, you tried to move the goalposts and I called you out on it, and the mask mandate is irrelevant to your data at this point in time. Question for Hoodwinked Ghost: What is incubation period? Bonus question: If not a single person in Alabama changed their use of wearing/not wearing masks due to the Governor's mandate... could that effect the # of cases/deaths? I'll watch.

No panic, you tried to move the goalposts and I called you out on it, and the mask mandate is irrelevant to your data at this point in time. Question for Hoodwinked Ghost: What is incubation period? Bonus question: If not a single person in Alabama changed their use of wearing/not wearing masks due to the Governor's mandate... could that effect the # of cases/deaths? I'll watch.

Calling you out on moving goalposts is moving the goalposts? LOL Dude you were trying to invoke the 'incubation period' excuse during the first day of results. I simply pointed out if that's your excuse then we can look at NY having mandated masks 3 months ago, see there's still hoax flu deaths, and end this right now with the logical conclusion that masks do NOT eliminate cases and save lives.

First you tried with incubation period, now you are saying it's possible that no one in the state could wear a mask in public. Which is a $500 fine.

Again, calm down, stop panicking, stop making excuses and stop trying to move the goalposts. We are ALL going to see the numbers TOGETHER, and we will all let the numbers decide if mandating mask usage in Alabama eliminated cases and deaths as the sheep have claimed.

No amount of spinning or deflecting from you will stop that so you might as well calm down and let this play out.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Calling you out on moving goalposts is moving the goalposts? LOL Dude you were trying to invoke the 'incubation period' excuse during the first day of results. I simply pointed out if that's your excuse then we can look at NY having mandated masks 3 months ago, see there's still hoax flu deaths, and end this right now with the logical conclusion that masks do NOT eliminate cases and save lives.

First you tried with incubation period, now you are saying it's possible that no one in the state could wear a mask in public. Which is a $500 fine.

Again, calm down, stop panicking, stop making excuses and stop trying to move the goalposts. We are ALL going to see the numbers TOGETHER, and we will all let the numbers decide if mandating mask usage in Alabama eliminated cases and deaths as the sheep have claimed.

No amount of spinning or deflecting from you will stop that so you might as well calm down and let this play out.

Poor Ghost... math is hard. See actually when I called you out in post #15, that was actually before you lamely came back in post # 22 saying I some how moved goalposts.
Funny how a critical aspect of viral reproduction (incubation period) is somehow an EXCUSE to you.Have you figured out it is ridiculous to expect any result of a mask mandate for two weeks.?
Is it now your contention that NY did NOT see a huge drop in cases and deaths by June?
I have never seen an expectation from anyone at all that claims wearing a mask is all it takes to eliminate covid cases and deaths. It does reduce cases and deaths. Still need social distancing, and washing hands as well. If mask wearing does not help.... why do all the medical personnel insist on running up millions of dollars of PPE spending? It must be a PPE manufacturer conspiracy. LOL

Poor Ghost... math is hard. See actually when I called you out in post #15, that was actually before you lamely came back in post # 22 saying I some how moved goalposts.
Funny how a critical aspect of viral reproduction (incubation period) is somehow an EXCUSE to you.Have you figured out it is ridiculous to expect any result of a mask mandate for two weeks.?
Is it now your contention that NY did NOT see a huge drop in cases and deaths by June?
I have never seen an expectation from anyone at all that claims wearing a mask is all it takes to eliminate covid cases and deaths. It does reduce cases and deaths. Still need social distancing, and washing hands as well. If mask wearing does not help.... why do all the medical personnel insist on running up millions of dollars of PPE spending? It must be a PPE manufacturer conspiracy. LOL

One more time: When did cuomo get busted shipping infected seniors into nursing homes? Was it during the period when you are claiming that MASKS are to credit for a reduction in cases and deaths in NY?

I've asked this question three times now and you refuse to answer. So I'll take that as a 'Yes'.

States all across the country have mandated mask usage, in fact the majority of states now do.

At the same time, you sheep are bitching about a SPIKE IN CASES. So that proves masks are NOT resulting in a drop in cases and deaths.

Again, simple common sense.

We'll see what happens in Alabama. And all of your spinning and excuses won't mean a damn thing as we do. The numbers will tell the tale.

One more time: When did cuomo get busted shipping infected seniors into nursing homes? Was it during the period when you are claiming that MASKS are to credit for a reduction in cases and deaths in NY?

I've asked this question three times now and you refuse to answer. So I'll take that as a 'Yes'.

States all across the country have mandated mask usage, in fact the majority of states now do.

At the same time, you sheep are bitching about a SPIKE IN CASES. So that proves masks are NOT resulting in a drop in cases and deaths.

Again, simple common sense.

We'll see what happens in Alabama. And all of your spinning and excuses won't mean a damn thing as we do. The numbers will tell the tale.

Cuomo's directive to return seniors was made on April 25th, his mask mandate was April 17th.
Since the # of NY cases fell 60-70% in May, one might imagine that the mask mandate had a positive effect. You seem to lack the abstract thought ability to comprehend differences between correlation and causation, however, go back to my explanation in previous posts and see it does not prove the mask mandate was the cause of the reduction. You know which state has a huge spike in cases and no mask mandate? Now the Gov (R) of Tx put out a mandate 7/2. Watch for TX numbers to flatten soon.

Yes I've been telling you that for days, you thought it was the middle of May.

For someone that claims to go by the facts, you sure do get the most basic of facts wrong a lot.

Please note my big mistake was the thought you might have gotten something correct. In your post # 14, on Sat. 18th of July, you stated "NY mandated masks three months ago". I did not verify your statement in my reply (post #15) so now I suppose it's Ghost that is hoodwinked yet again. You failed to acknowledge, BTW, the fact that by June 1st, the NY rates were falling rapidly.

Yeah, but... but... these new cases and deaths were anti-maskers.

Anyone trying to make that claim is FOS. Maybe 40% were wearing a mask before the mandate, it's at least 95% since. Dramatic increase.

So far, we aren't seeing the dramatic decline in cases and deaths that sheep told us would happen.

Results from Tuesday:

1455 new cases
61 new cases

Still early, but I'm nothing in these numbers that suggests that the mask mandate is working so far.

Results from Wednesday:

2399 new cases
33 new cases

As of 5pm today, the first week of mask mandate will be up. Results are far from promising so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT