ADVERTISEMENT

WTF !! Issiah Walker Enters Transfer Portal ??

If he don't wanna be a Gator, we don't want him at UF. Best of luck and adios, hoss.

Just me speculating here....

As an EE, he was hoping to get a shot at being a Fr starter on the OL.
With the Co-V fiasco, Spring didn't happen. :oops:

Gator OL has 4 returning starters.
Gator OL has 6 returning that were 2019 freshmen, (rsFr or Sophs)
Gator OL also has a few in between those two groups.
Gator OL had 4 incoming Fr, now 3 if he eventually does go.

IF he really wanted and planned to be a 2020 starter, without Spring ball his chances dropped a good bit, and that might be the reason that he's looking elsewhere. o_O

Unless he's already in contact with another team to xfer to, he might remain with the Gators, but if not, as other have said, good luck and adios...
I'd like to see him stay, but if he goes it's NBD imoho... :cool:

I never left after I committed to my scholarship but the fact that the coach that recruited me was fired I probably should have transferred to another school. If he can land with a system that suits his skills better then Good luck with that.

My only guess is he's been at home in Miami, doesn't want to leave home and wants to stay closer to family and may end up at scUM. If so, they just improved their OL play in a few years. Sucks for us.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
One of the highest rated tackles, if not the highest rated tackle, Dan Mullen recruited. Now he's gone.

Just me speculating here....

As an EE, he was hoping to get a shot at being a Fr starter on the OL.
With the Co-V fiasco, Spring didn't happen. :oops:

Gator OL has 4 returning starters.
Gator OL has 6 returning that were 2019 freshmen, (rsFr or Sophs)
Gator OL also has a few in between those two groups.
Gator OL had 4 incoming Fr, now 3 if he eventually does go.

IF he really wanted and planned to be a 2020 starter, without Spring ball his chances dropped a good bit, and that might be the reason that he's looking elsewhere. o_O

Unless he's already in contact with another team to xfer to, he might remain with the Gators, but if not, as other have said, good luck and adios...
I'd like to see him stay, but if he goes it's NBD imoho... :cool:

We have talked to him twice and we basically have 3 yr old girls at offensive tackle. He could have started for us 2 yrs ago....... Looks like Miami might be tough to beat tho assuming he doesnt stay at UF

I don't believe he would have started this year, but could have possibly made it into the 2 deep rotation.
100% might be highly rated but OL guys dont typically play at all their first year at a big program, especially when you have 4 returing starters....not a knock on anyone but even the Pouncey's didnt start on OL the first year. I think Mike got on the D line some later in the season but both are all pros.

100% might be highly rated but OL guys dont typically play at all their first year at a big program, especially when you have 4 returing starters....not a knock on anyone but even the Pouncey's didnt start on OL the first year. I think Mike got on the D line some later in the season but both are all pros.
Maybe he can start at MIA but they suck but sounds like other things are bigger.

One of the highest rated tackles, if not the highest rated tackle, Dan Mullen recruited. Now he's gone.

Which 2020's look physically ready to play in the SEC, and who doesn't?

#11 OG/OT Jushua Braun 6-7 325 **** - 82 - Live Oak, FL (ESPN)
~ At 6-7, he likely plays at tackle for UF.

#15 OT/OG Issiah Walker 6-4 275 **** - 84 - Miami (ESPN)
~ Likely plays guard or center at UF, and that could have been a part of the rub.

#57 OG Richard Leonard 6-2 330 *** - 76 - Cocoa, FL (ESPN)
~ Likely plays guard at UF

#73 OT Gerald Mincey 6-4 336 *** - 77 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL (ESPN)
~ Likely plays guard, or maybe RT at UF.

I'm just saying that offensive tackles aren't exactly a dime a dozen. Of course we haven't seen him play but we can never have enough of every position on the O line. Losing Isaiah Walker does at least hurt somewhat. Long before he went into the portal, most of us here said he would be a major player on the O line. I still believe that rather than all of a sudden sayin, he was gonna suck for us anyway. Do some of you really believe that?

I'm just saying that offensive tackles aren't exactly a dime a dozen. Of course we haven't seen him play but we can never have enough of every position on the O line. Losing Isaiah Walker does at least hurt somewhat. Long before he went into the portal, most of us here said he would be a major player on the O line. I still believe that rather than all of a sudden sayin, he was gonna suck for us anyway. Do some of you really believe that?

Just saying that maybe losing one Fr OT (that is undersized) out of 3, with 2 other Fr OT's that are bigger, when we have a full roster of OL'men for 2020 is not some catastrophe. Do you really believe otherwise? ;)

It's of course better if he stays, but it's really not a disaster if he chooses to go elsewhere.
If he does leave, it could make recruiting another top OL'man easier for the 2021 class.
Looking for the 'silver lining' is not a diss on Walker. He would be a good addition or they wouldn't have recruited him to begin with. :cool:

LT Stone Forsythe 6-7 329 rsSr - 2019 starter
RT Jean Delance 6-4 313 rsSr - 2019 starter
OT T.J. Moore 6-5 305 rsJr - 13 games reserve
LG/OT Richard Gourage 6-4 298 rsSo - 12 Gms, 5 starts
-----
iG's guess on positions
LT Michael Tarquin 6-5 279 rsFr - 3 Gms
RT Will Harrod 6-5 334 rsFr - 1 Gm
-----
LT Jushua Braun 6-7 325 **** Fr
RT Gerald Mincey 6-4 336 *** Fr

Last edited:

This one can't be spun imo - it's a position of need, high chance of playing early, starting in year 2 and a highly ranked guy. Throw in our Oline coach and Savage on the str/conditioning...and this sucks.

Word is he simply got homesick and will probably end up in Miami.

Just saying that maybe losing one Fr OT (that is undersized) out of 3, with 2 other Fr OT's that are bigger, when we have a full roster of OL'men for 2020 is not some catastrophe. Do you really believe otherwise? ;)

It's of course better if he stays, but it's really not a disaster if he chooses to go elsewhere.
If he does leave, it could make recruiting another top OL'man easier for the 2021 class.
Looking for the 'silver lining' is not a diss on Walker. He would be a good addition or they wouldn't have recruited him to begin with. :cool:

LT Stone Forsythe 6-7 329 rsSr - 2019 starter
RT Jean Delance 6-4 313 rsSr - 2019 starter
OT T.J. Moore 6-5 305 rsJr - 13 games reserve
LG/OT Richard Gourage 6-4 298 rsSo - 12 Gms, 5 starts
-----
iG's guess on positions
LT Michael Tarquin 6-5 279 rsFr - 3 Gms
RT Will Harrod 6-5 334 rsFr - 1 Gm
-----
LT Jushua Braun 6-7 325 **** Fr
RT Gerald Mincey 6-4 336 *** Fr
Sorry but the old saying is quality is far better than quantity.
Forsythe and Delance are the exact reason we need Walker.

Sorry but the old saying is quality is far better than quantity.
Forsythe and Delance are the exact reason we need Walker.

So, it's a great loss of a kid from Miami that is not even mature enough to handle being away from momma every night? :rolleyes:
Then it's a very good thing that he didn't enlist in the military... :confused:

And recently UF had a 3-star OT go in the 2nd Rnd, while the 5-star went un-drafted. :eek:

So, being an under-sized HS 4-star OT doesn't mean you're a sure thing in the SEC.
And especially if you can't even overcome the very minor stress of being away from momma... :oops:

One more time:

OG/OT Jushua Braun 6-7 325 ****
~ OT/OG Issiah Walker 6-4 275 ****
OT Gerald Mincey 6-4 336 ***

So while I'd of course liked him to stay, I'm not worried because he left.

So, it's a great loss of a kid from Miami that is not even mature enough to handle being away from momma every night? :rolleyes:

And recently UF had a 3-star OT go in the 2nd Rnd, while the 5-star went un-drafted. :eek:

So, being an under-sized HS 4-star OT doesn't mean you're a sure thing in the SEC.
And especially if you can't even overcome the very minor stress of being away from momma... :oops:

One more time:

As long as you didn't mention Stone Forsythe and Jean Delance again. I'm good with that.

One more time:

Supposedly we have talked to him 3 or 4 times and he is making a decision soon. Not a lot of confidence on our end tbh but small window.

Supposedly we have talked to him 3 or 4 times and he is making a decision soon. Not a lot of confidence on our end tbh but small window.

Is he willing to take off his hoodie? That seems to be the key to recruiting at FSU now.

As long as you didn't mention Stone Forsythe and Jean Delance again. I'm good with that.

I actually haven't written off either of them yet. This Spring was supposed to tell the tale on them and their possible progress at their 2019 positions. The OL's development was the worst thing hurt by not having Spring practice imo. Now they'll enter Fall practice with all of the questions as yet unanswered.

My best guess was for LT Forsythe to move to RT, LG Gouraige to move to LT, and RT Delance to move to 6th man OG/OT. --- But that's only a guess from the arm-chair. :rolleyes:
Depends on any progress that Forsythe and/or Delance can make, and any progress made by the rsFr and/or Fr. Many questions remain unanswered at this point. :cool:
=====

IF homesickness is the excuse, the FSUcks makes ZERO sense as the destination.
Only switching to the scUM makes any sense in that respect. Or I guess USF-UCF-FAU-FIU if moving closer to home and dropping down in competition level. :confused:
~ Hoodies optional... ;)

Reactions: fsu939913
Maybe we need to build a new athletic dorm on campus just for those athletes who feel they are homesick. This special dorm will come equipped as suites with multiple bedrooms so mom can be right next door and cook all the meals and do the laundry just as these kids are used to. Shouldn't be any "homesick" complaints then.

On the other hand, perhaps some folks were pushing some lucrative money around in the terms of sponsorship deals to get the kid to renege on his scholarship and go back to south Florida. Now that the NCAA is going to screw everything up and let these kids get endorsement deals. I guarantee you that this right here will be the major fall out. Kids will commit to a school, do everything you would traditionally expect, and then all of a sudden have a total 180 degree change of heart because behind the scenes, some quasi-pro talent agent wants to get them a few car dealership sponsors if they will just head to a different school whose boosters are paying said agent to do such work. We will have the normal legitimate recruiting trail, and then the whole behind the scenes sponsorship world that won't be public knowledge. These kids are going to be swapping schools faster than ever now, but eh, what do I know.

That will certainly be a thing to monitor, and PUNISH severely if/when proven.
As always, it's FOLLOW THE MONEY.... o_O

Established in October of 2018, the NCAA’s transfer portal now allows collegiate student-athletes to merely enter their name into an online database and wait for collegiate teams to contact them. It is also worth noting that players can withdraw their name from the portal, too. ;)
==========

Just a little FYI to maybe brighten your day....

Alabama has already lost 3 scholarship players to transfers this offseason in the form of RB Jerome Ford (Cincinnati), OT Scott Lashley (Mississippi State) and CB Nigel Knott (East Carolina). Two more Crimson Tide players in CB Scooby Carter and TE Giles Amos are also currently in the transfer portal.
>>>. And now you can add Tau's brother, the Soph QB to that Bama portal list.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
That will certainly be a thing to monitor, and PUNISH severely if/when proven.
As always, it's FOLLOW THE MONEY.... o_O

Established in October of 2018, the NCAA’s transfer portal now allows collegiate student-athletes to merely enter their name into an online database and wait for collegiate teams to contact them. It is also worth noting that players can withdraw their name from the portal, too. ;)
==========

Just a little FYI to maybe brighten your day....

Alabama has already lost 3 scholarship players to transfers this offseason in the form of RB Jerome Ford (Cincinnati), OT Scott Lashley (Mississippi State) and CB Nigel Knott (East Carolina). Two more Crimson Tide players in CB Scooby Carter and TE Giles Amos are also currently in the transfer portal.
>>>. And now you can add Tau's brother, the Soph QB to that Bama portal list.

It always feels like it's your school when this happens but really this is just college football now.

There should be a stat upcoming that shows how much talent your school is up or down in a given year compared to other schools.

You think UM illegally made contact? It just seems so weird...

I doubt they or anyone has to.

My understanding is that coaches can't reach out until the player is in the portal, but players can reach out anytime. Unless you think Tua entered the portal and within 24 hours it was a done deal, the most likely scenario is Tua had been working on this for a couple of weeks...hits the portal and signs the next day.

Reactions: instaGATOR
ESPN Team Recruit Class Ranking:

3. UF - 12 -- 0 - 10 - 2 - 0 -- 8 ESPN Top 300's

7. Mia - 14 -- 0 -- 7 - 6 - 1 -- 4 ESPN Top 300's
==========

5. UF - 12 -- 0 - 7 - 5 - 0 -- 90.71

9. Mia - 14 -- 0 - 5 - 9 - 0 -- 87.64
==========

Walker's flip will alter the rankings slightly next week.
Constant changes, both up and down, until NSD puts the signatures on paper.

Last edited:
ESPN Team Recruit Class Ranking:

3. UF - 12 -- 0 - 10 - 2 - 0 -- 8 ESPN Top 300's

7. Mia - 14 -- 0 -- 7 - 6 - 1 -- 4 ESPN Top 300's
==========

5. UF - 12 -- 0 - 7 - 5 - 0 -- 90.71

9. Mia - 14 -- 0 - 5 - 9 - 0 -- 87.64
==========

Walker's flip will alter the rankings slightly next week.
Constant changes, both up and down, until NSD puts the signatures on paper.
FYI Walker was in the 2020 recruiting class. Not sure what exactly you are saying.

How so? No one seemed to mind that Cox left Georgia and was in a UF uni 3 days later.
Looky here. A Georgia fan wants to hijack an Isaiah Walker thread by bringing up Georgia. Again. To me, losing Walker is a b****! Win some, lose some. Pretty much all of us forgot about Cox, get over it. I'm sure we'll get over Walker someday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT