instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
,,, to get started on the 2019 Gator recruiting class. o_O
After all, it's only 11 months away. :D

2019 Verbal (3) Commits:

#28 Ath/WR Ja'markis Weston 6-3 195 **** - Clewiston, FL
Tennis-sea offers on Jun 9th. NADA
Then UF offers on July 28 and he immediately commits.

#42 OT Wardrick Wilson 6-4 295 *** - Miami, FL
Lucky to have gotten in early on this one.

#54 FS/WR/QB Trent Whittemore 6-3 190 *** - Gainesville, FL
Watched his film, counted the stars, and began laughing yet again. :D
=============

Some of the Gator's 2019 Early Targets: o_O

#11 QB-dt Jalon Jones *** - Baltimore, MD (he also has a UA offer)
RB Trey Sanders ***** - Bradenton, FL IMG
WR Jeremiah Payton **** - Neptune Beach, FL
TE Keon Zipperer **** - Lakeland, FL
OL Dontae Lucas **** - Bradenton, FL IMG
DT Tyler Davis **** - Apopka, FL
DL Derick Hunter **** - Fort Meyrs, FL
DL Jaquaze Sorrells **** - Largo, FL
LB Nakobe Dean ***** - Horn Lake, MS
CB Kaiir Elam **** - N.Palm Beach, FL - (Matt's nephew)
You can get a little depth on each with the below link.
* What means even less than a player/recruit's Ht/Wt/40?
The number of outsider given stars,,, :rolleyes: of course... :cool:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-top-targets-class-2019

And then there's this guy.... (an eventual 5 star imo)
#3 Ath-RB/WR/KR/DB Mark-Antony Richards **** - Wellington, FL
954 Yds Rushing - 605 Yds Receiving - 1,100 Yds Returning Kicks
56 Tkls, 3 Ints, 2 FF's, 2 Sacks (dare I say he's a Harvin+ kind of guy) ;)
==========

Dan Mullen’s 1st class at Florida had the highest average star rating (3.78) among coaching transition classes in UF school history, even without getting any 5 star rated recruits in the class. In 2-3 years, we'll all begin to know if they deserved their ratings or not.
~ Many of us here have said that classes should get a before and after rating. (never happen) :rolleyes:

There are currently 28 2019 recruits with a 5-star rating in the 247Sports composite, and the Gators have already offered more than a dozen of them.

BTW, all you need to do to get top rated classes is pay to have your early leans bumped up to 4-5 stars, and pay to not have any of your recruits dropped in star rating 'after' they have committed. o_O

,,, to get started on the 2019 Gator recruiting class. o_O
After all, it's only 11 months away. :D

2019 Verbal (3) Commits:

#28 Ath/WR Ja'markis Weston 6-3 195 **** - Clewiston, FL
Tennis-sea offers on Jun 9th. NADA
Then UF offers on July 28 and he immediately commits.

#42 OT Wardrick Wilson 6-4 295 *** - Miami, FL
Lucky to have gotten in early on this one.

#54 FS/WR/QB Trent Whittemore 6-3 190 *** - Gainesville, FL
Watched his film, counted the stars, and began laughing yet again. :D
=============

Some of the Gator's 2019 Early Targets: o_O

#11 QB-dt Jalon Jones *** - Baltimore, MD (he also has a UA offer)
RB Trey Sanders ***** - Bradenton, FL IMG
WR Jeremiah Payton **** - Neptune Beach, FL
TE Keon Zipperer **** - Lakeland, FL
OL Dontae Lucas **** - Bradenton, FL IMG
DT Tyler Davis **** - Apopka, FL
DL Derick Hunter **** - Fort Meyrs, FL
DL Jaquaze Sorrells **** - Largo, FL
LB Nakobe Dean ***** - Horn Lake, MS
CB Kaiir Elam **** - N.Palm Beach, FL - (Matt's nephew)
You can get a little depth on each with the below link.
* What means even less than a player/recruit's Ht/Wt/40?
The number of outsider given stars,,, :rolleyes: of course... :cool:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-top-targets-class-2019

And then there's this guy.... (an eventual 5 star imo)
#3 Ath-RB/WR/KR/DB Mark-Antony Richards **** - Wellington, FL
954 Yds Rushing - 605 Yds Receiving - 1,100 Yds Returning Kicks
56 Tkls, 3 Ints, 2 FF's, 2 Sacks (dare I say he's a Harvin+ kind of guy) ;)
==========

Dan Mullen’s 1st class at Florida had the highest average star rating (3.78) among coaching transition classes in UF school history, even without getting any 5 star rated recruits in the class. In 2-3 years, we'll all begin to know if they deserved their ratings or not.
~ Many of us here have said that classes should get a before and after rating. (never happen) :rolleyes:

There are currently 28 2019 recruits with a 5-star rating in the 247Sports composite, and the Gators have already offered more than a dozen of them.

BTW, all you need to do to get top rated classes is pay to have your early leans bumped up to 4-5 stars, and pay to not have any of your recruits dropped in star rating 'after' they have committed. o_O

I’m your huckleberry instant

*Florida’s 2019 class was once ranked No. 1 nationally with a dozen commits, but that number has dwindled to three players over the past two months.:eek:

9 decommits since shark donkey got the boot and mr. no personality mullet was named head lizzerd?

:D:D

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I’m your huckleberry instant

*Florida’s 2019 class was once ranked No. 1 nationally with a dozen commits, but that number has dwindled to three players over the past two months.:eek:

9 decommits since shark donkey got the boot and mr. no personality mullet was named head lizzerd?

While ignoring the fact that Mullen's 'transition class' had the highest overall quality rating in UF history at 3.78. o_O And that was done without getting a single 5 star to raise the overall rating.

So come see me after the next 2 2019 signing days, instead of disappearing like you usually do... :rolleyes:

You're more like the unwanted 'head-nailed-to-da-flor' dingle-berry... :cool:

PS
Your dust-bowl choke-la-homo swooner's supposedly high rated recruits last won a NC when??? :confused: --- (2008 UF 24 - 14 Chokers) :p

Mullen needs a top class in 2019 like the past coaches prior to Mac's crappy recruiting to show he is the real deal when it comes to that.

National recruiting analyst Adam Gorney weighed in on Florida’s 2018 class Tuesday. Gorney feels that Florida had the most impressive recruiting class outside of the top 10. “By average star ranking, Florida’s class is ranked 7th Nationally so I’m not sure the Gators are getting the respect they deserve,” Gorney wrote. “Dan Mullen definitely isn’t getting the credit he deserves on piecing together an excellent class during a transition period. … A lot of the offensive skill players fit exactly what Mullen wants to do on offense and the defense is loading up again.”

The 2018 class demonstrated Mullen's direction.
OT Banks 6-7 305
OT Bleich 6-6 305
OT Gouraige 6-5 280
OG McDowell 6-4 285
-----
DEs/DT Langham 6-5.5 269
DEw/OLB Chatfield 6-2 221
Combined with the 2017 recruits the DL looks pretty good to me.

~ There were 3 DT/NT in 2017 class plus the #3 DE/DT.
NT Slaton 6-4 358
DT Elijah Conliffe 6-4 317
DT Campbell 6-3 305
#3 DEss Zach Carter 6-4 270 (DT)
=================

The 2019 Recruiting Class will surely focus on both lines.
In the 3-4, it's the front 7 more so than just the DE/DT's, because the larger OLB's and the smaller DE's are often interchangeable, as are the bigger DE's and the smaller DT's.

'Looking for Linemen' -- Zach Abolverdi
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-line-of-scrimmage

==================

For any that are interested:
DC Todd Grantham talks defensive influence and style.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-defense-todd-grantham-philosophy
=======

Established starters at LB:
#57 OLB/MLB Kylan Johnson 6-2 236 rsJr
#15 MLB David Reese 6-1 239 Jr
#20 OLB Jeremiah Moon 6-6 228 rsSo
#42 OLB Vosean Joseph 6-1 227 Jr

----- recent LB additions include:
#78 OLB Nick Smith 6-1 213 rsFr
#156 OLB Lacedrick Brunson 6-1 229 rsFr
#36 OLB Ventrell Miller 5-11 222 rsFr
#43 OLB James Houston IV 6-1 226 rsFr

#20 OLB David Reese 6-2.5 213 Fr

Where the LB's and the DE's settle out in the 3-4 is yet to be seen.
And how that all settles out during the 2018 season, will decide how the 2019 recruiting class is structured.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Mullen needs a top class in 2019 like the past coaches prior to Mac's crappy recruiting to show he is the real deal when it comes to that.

2018 Class was the #7 Class in the Nation in the all important 'Quality Rating.'
=========

Building relationships for the 2019 Class.

#3 Ath Mark Richards 6-1 194 (39/100 - 247)
- W.Palm Beach, FL - Wellington

He is another that can play every skill position, offense or defense. He's being recruited as a RB/WR. While Florida might never get another Harvin type player, that hasn't stopped Mullen from stocking his cupboard with guys that at least have a shot at doing so. Good luck to them all,,, and to all of us out here wishing. :cool:

“I’m going to take a visit there and see what they’re all about,”
Richards told Die Hards’ David Wilson. “I’ll be there for the Junior Day and the Spring game. Coach Larry Scott and Dan Mullen, they always try to come down and see me. It’s really about more than football with them. They ask how me and my family is doing. We’re getting to know them.”

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
#3 RB Noah Cain 5-11 207 (26/100 247) - TX, by way of Bradenton, FL - IMG
The TX/IMG Opening Finalist with be in Oregon this year.
His current Top 4: UF, TX, LSU, tOSU. -- He plans to Early Enroll.

“It’s definitely a good thing for Coach Mullen and his staff to get on campus and make a relationship,” Cain said. “You never know what’s going to happen by Signing Day. I want to play early, I’m graduating in December. I’m not going to a school to sit on the bench my freshman year.”

At UF with Mullen: Compete, earn your playing time, no Fr guarantees. o_O
Note: Every current ship RB on the roster got playing time as a true Fr.
(Scarlett rsJr - Perine Jr - Davis Soph - Lemons Soph)
The same (compete/earn) will hold true for Fr Pierce and Clement in 2018.

All RB recruits should be aware of this fact.
Every RB that's started for UF, going back to at least Emmitt Smith in the 1980's, has got his shot in the NFL. :cool:

You don't have to start as a true Fr to go on to the NFL. Another thing, as a committee RB at UF, you'll be coached up instead of already burned out when you get there (NFL)....o_O

IF my choice is between a 1,000 Yd RB, and a 2,000+ Yd Committee, I'm taking the injury protection and total output of the committee every time.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-noah-cain-dan-mullen

Anyone wanting to review the last two classes (17 & 18) can go here for highlites:

2017 Recruits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ7kylpgh68

2018 Recruits

==================

Another position of concern for me is TE. It was another position 'fail' for the previous coaches imo, and here's why.

#16 TE Moral Stephens 6-4 251 rsJr
2017 - 3 late starts (after injuries to others), 6 for 141 yds, 23.5 yds/rec.
Remove his team long 63 yard rec and it's still 5 for 78 yds, 15.6 yds/rec.

Primary starter TE Goolsby Sr-gone - 13 for 105 yds, 8.1 yd/rec.
#40 TE C'yontai Lewis 6-4 235 rsJr -- 7 for 42 yds, 6.0 yds/rec

#07 TE
Kemore Gamble 6-3 255 rsFr (DNP, red-shirt)
#05 TE/DE Kyle Pitts 6-6 239 Fr (UA-AA)
#29 TE/DE Dante Lang 6-5 220 Fr (HS DE/TE)

Of the 9 2019 de-commits due to the coaching change, who would you like to have back.
Which of them would fit the new coaches and their systems?

#3 WR Frank Ladson 6-4 170 - Miami, FL
#21 WR John Dunmore 6-3 170 - Hollywood, FL
#27 WR Maurice Goolsby 6-5 196 - Dunnellon, FL
#53 OT Andrew Coker 6-7 335 - Katy, TX

#5 DT Jaquaze Sorrells 6-3 250 - Largo, FL
#7 OLB Jaleel McRae 6-1 230 - New Smyrna Beach, FL
#8 Ath/CB Tyrique Stevenson 6-1 180 - Homestead, FL
#27 DEw Cameron Williams 6-5 215 - Hollywood, FL
#31 OLB Marcus Tilman Jr 6-1 204 - Orlando, FL
~ 247 Rankings

Several of them have already expressed renewed interest in the Gators and the new coaches, and I believe that some of them will be at UF this coming weekend.

Will this old recruit take the starting job? Jones is a true freshman and Franks looked clueless last season. Crazy thought but you never know I guess as Mullen said the job is open for someone to take it.

All four QB's will get an even shot at the job in 2018, and that's all that anyone can reasonably ask for, a fair and even shot at earning the job. o_O

Everyone here has a 2018 QB list in their minds, even if they are not willing to state what it is, and then reasonably back it up with the facts that led to their opinions. :cool:

Not that it's any kind of flash news, but here's mine for the time being.
1. Trask rsSo -- 2. Allen rsFr -- 3. Jones Fr -- 4. Franks rsSo
And I'm sure that by the end of the Spring game, my current list could be radically adjusted. I remain open to the best QB winning the job, even true freshman Jones or Franks,,,,,,, for a change.
=======

On a similar train of thought at another important offensive position.

When the new TE Coach (Scott) interviewed for the job earlier this month in Gainesville, he said Mullen made it clear to him that the tight end position needed to improve. Not only on the stat sheet, but in the recruitment and development of the players.

The recent problems with the Gator's TE position are obvious imo
Total Receptions:
Goolsby 13 - Lewis 7 - Stephens 6. (due to prior coaches choice).
-----

Long Rec --------- Stephens 63 Yds - Goolsby 25 Yds - Lewis 14 Yds
Yards / Rec ------ Stephens 23.5 - Goolsby 8.1 - Lewis 6.0
~ Take out Stephens 63 Yd reception, it's still 5 for 78 Yds, 15.6 Yds/rec.
Total Rec. Yds. -- Stephens 6/141 - Goolsby 13/105 - Lewis 7/42
~~ I saw this 2 seasons ago, but the last coaching staff never saw it, or never acted on it correctly.
As a FL HS Sr -- Stephens - 56 for 1,105 Yds, 19.7 Yds/Rec, 14 TD's.
There is no TE on the roster, incoming or roster, that came to UF with those kinds of HS numbers.
============

Blatant iG Speculation and/or rumor mongering
: ;)
Were Mc-Nuss hired and paid by the UAA to fail badly, to facilitate the hiring of Stricklin, and then leading to the re-hiring of Mullen?
Naw, stuff like that could just never happen in college $ports...... :rolleyes:
(that is nothing more than just some off-season stirring of the plot) :D

===========

From what I've witnessed over the last 50+ years or so, the 'Peter Principle' is alive and well in the football coaching profession.
The PP in a nuttshell - Over time, everyone will eventually be elevated to a position of incompetence.
'Do well, move up, until you suck, then you stay there sucking until fired.'

Coaching Success by the iG method:
The trick to having a great coaching staff, is getting the coaches that have stepped back down to their previous highest level of total competence, and then keeping them there, doing a great job at what they are best at. :cool:

Not every great O or D Coordinator is meant to become a HC.
And not every great position coach is meant to become an O or D coordinator.
Get to your highest level of complete and total competence, and then be happy by staying there, doing what you do best. :)

IMOHO, an ugly combination of both 'greed and arrogance' drives the coaching profession's Peter Principle. Don't fall for it.... o_O

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-larry-scott-revitalize-tight-end

For any that still question Mullen's recruiting ability, just keep this in mind. In his short cycle 1st class, Mullen signed a dozen 4-star prospects in 2018, and that's more than any other 1st-year Florida coach. But all that means is that the recruiting services agreed that he signed a lot of really good HS prospects.

“You look at the recipe of winning national championships when I was here before. You have the foundation of the team from Florida and you have some of the top national players from around the country. That’s going to be our same approach that we use.” -- Coach Mullen

2019 Ath/WR Ja'markis Weston 6-3 195 (SS-TE-ST-OLB/DE in 3-4 D)
Another one of those kids that never comes out of the game in HS.

You can either get all wrapped up in the recruiting service stars and position rankings, OR you can look at the kid and trust the coaches 'in-depth' evaluations as a program fit.

#18 ILB commit Jammal Abrams 6-3 224 *** - Birmingham, AL
He has impressed me, so I don't much care about his 3 star #18 ILB rating.
(I'll leave that up to clueless little Lizzy and the rest of the girls in their circle)

“I can be an all-around football player,” he said. “A sideline-to-sideline linebacker. I’m big and quick and am able to get off blocks and things like that. I also like to watch film a lot. -- Once you commit, you are sending a statement to be where you want to be,” he said. “If you commit, I think you should stay that way and not decommit like other players do. Once I commit, it’s done.”
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-jammal-adams-decision

http://gridironnow.com/jammal-abrams-locked-florida/

You can either get all wrapped up in the recruiting service stars and position rankings, OR you can look at the kid and trust the coaches 'in-depth' evaluations as a program fit.

#18 ILB commit Jammal Abrams 6-3 224 *** - Birmingham, AL
He has impressed me, so I don't much care about his 3 star #18 ILB rating.
(I'll leave that up to clueless little Lizzy and the rest of the girls in their circle)

“I can be an all-around football player,” he said. “A sideline-to-sideline linebacker. I’m big and quick and am able to get off blocks and things like that. I also like to watch film a lot. -- Once you commit, you are sending a statement to be where you want to be,” he said. “If you commit, I think you should stay that way and not decommit like other players do. Once I commit, it’s done.”
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-jammal-adams-decision

http://gridironnow.com/jammal-abrams-locked-florida/

Congrats on your 5th 3* in 2019 instant ( Mullet is killing it with elite talent ) :eek:

Choke-la-homo, like UGly, always gets the very best players, resulting in losses to the Gators with their supposedly lesser talent. Must be the sucky schools and idiot coaches fault.. o_O

UF 24 - 14 Dust Bowl Chokers with their Bad-ford pretender of a Heisman QB...

Mullen's supposedly 3 star QB Dak is already a better Pro than Badford is ever likely to be.
And Mullen't supposedly 2-3 star QB Fitzgerald might be also.

Now, is Mullen that much better of an evaluator as a HC/QB coach, or are the recruiting service twits just as wrong as you are on a consistent basis? :confused:

PS

And if you're gonna continue to be a troll, you need to be a bit more factual, (per 247).
2019 Ath/WR Ja'markis Weston 6-3 195 **** (SS-TE-ST-OLB/DE in 3-4 D)

Why should HS recruits give UF a long look before they commit elsewhere?
~ UF is rated a 'Public Ivy' Academically, and a Top 10 in the Nation Public University.
~ UF is the ONLY U in the Nation to be in the Top Ten for the Director's Cup, 34 consecutive years.
------
~ Football HC Dan Mullen won 2 NC's as the Gator's OC.
Mullen’s last 2 offenses at Florida, in 2007 and 2008, averaged 42.5 and 43.6 points per game, respectively. Those rank among the 6th highest-scoring seasons in UF program history.

>>> UF has had 230 players invited to the NFL Combine, which is the most in the SEC.
========

RB-ST-Cood Coach Greg Knox plans to get everyone involved. No player on the roster is off-limits.
And Knox is used to Mullen also having a strong voice in special teams meetings.
"Some roles are larger than others, but everyone has a role,'' Knox said. "That's coaches included. So when I put together a plan, every coach is included, every player is included. Special teams is going to win the game for you. That's the hidden yardage that no one really calculates at the end of a game. Those are things that we look for as a staff that helps us win games."
~ And it's about damn time... (iG)
=============

RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 Fr - Tampa, FL - 7 GM's, 2 GS - Injured out for season vs GA.
Rushing - 79 for 526 Yds, 6.7 YPC, 2 TD's
(Even with the very limited playing time, that's 4th on UF's Fr rushing list)
Receiving - 7 for 58 Yds, 8.3 Yds/Rec
He was named to the Coaches Freshman All SEC Team.
~ Maybe the next in this RB line? -- Smith-Rhett-F.Taylor....

WR/QBwc Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 Fr - Mobile, AL - 8 Gm's, 2 GS - Myriad injuries all season.
Rushing - 15 for 152 Yds, 10.1 YPC, 1 TD
Receiving - 14 for 121 Yds, 8.6 Yds/Rec
KOR - 1 for 15 Yds
Passing 1 of 2, 50% for 50 Yds
~ Maybe the next WR-H Harvin?

Those 2 physical 'clones' were the FNG bright spots, in an otherwise U-gly season...
===========

A solid citizen 5 star (TT) always makes a sweet recruit to get.
However, I'd rather have a blue-collar 4 star, than a 'prima-donna' 5 star, every time.

“If you can’t recruit, you can’t coach. You’re only as good as the players and the people that you surround yourself with,” Gators TE coach Larry Scott said. “Obviously, we want to have very, very talented players here at the University of Florida.
But for every really good player, I’ll show you a better person first.
Note:
He understands that if they're not eligible, it doesn't matter that they are 4-5 stars. (iG)

Some really good coaches quotes in thiese 2 articles.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-improve-offense

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/fixing-floridas-offense-long-term-starts-with-recruiting
===========

(iG's) Suggested Season Motto for 2018 -- RELENTLESS EFFORT!
Because for this ole long time Gator fan, that will always be good enough for me. :cool:

=======================

So,,, the offense is likely to be greatly improved for 2018, but how about the 3-4 defense?

DT K.Clark 6-1 315 rsSr - NT T.Slaton 6-4 358 So - DT Kyree Campbell 6-3 305 So
DT E.Conliffe 6-4 317 So - NT M.Dunlap 6-3 328 rsSo - DT/DE Z.Carter 6-4 270 So

DE/LB CC.Jefferson 6-1 242 Sr - DE/LB J.Zuniga 6-3 246 rsJr
DE/LB J.Polite 6-2 260 Jr - DE/LB A.Clayton 6-2 254 Jr
DE/LB R.J.Raymond 6-2 253 rsSr - DE/LB J.Smith 6-7 242 rsSo
-----
OLB J.Moon 6-6 228 rsSo - OLB N.Smith 6-1 213 rsFr
OLB D.Reese 6-2 210 Fr - OLB A.Chatfield 6-1 214 Fr

ILB D.Reese 6-1 239 Jr - K.Johnson 6-2 236 rsJr
ILB V.Joseph 6-1 227 Jr - ILB R.Jackson 6-0 217 rsJr
ILB L.Brunson 6-1 229 rsFr - Injured in preseason so redshirted.
K9's - ILB V.Miller 5-11 222 rsFr - ILB James Houston IV 6-1 226 rsFr

~ That's 23 players to fill 7 positions in the 3-4.
~ Some position movement is expected among the DE's and LB's.
--- And the same is true for the CB/Nic/S/Dime positions.

Choke-la-homo, like UGly, always gets the very best players, resulting in losses to the Gators with their supposedly lesser talent. Must be the sucky schools and idiot coaches fault.. o_O

Mullen's supposedly 3 star QB Dak is already a better Pro than Badford is ever likely to be.

Now, is Mullen that much better of an evaluator as a HC/QB coach, or are the recruiting service twits just as wrong as you are on a consistent basis? :confused:

And if you're gonna continue to be a troll, you need to be a bit more factual, (per 247).:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2019 Ath/WR Ja'markis Weston 6-3 195 **** (SS-TE-ST-OLB/DE in 3-4 D):confused:

And if you're gonna continue to be a troll, you need to be a bit more factual, (per 247).:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
2019 Ath/WR Ja'markis Weston 6-3 195 **** (SS-TE-ST-OLB/DE in 3-4 D):confused:
[/QUO

Florida

5 0 0 5 3 405 :rolleyes: NO 4*

Last edited:
For the 2019 Class, I wouldn't be worrying about the QB or RB positions.
I'd still take one of each of the best on the Gator's board, but it won't be a position of critical need imo.

Talking about his 2019 recruiting, QB Coach Brian Johnson said; every QB at this level has to have the raw QB talent to even be here. After that, the 1st thing you want after raw QB talent is physicalness. (Which QB currently on the roster fits that bill the best?) "You need a guy that can be the face of your program and be able to handle success, be able to handle adversity." I think those are two aspects that is kind of a starting point for us." The Gator board currently has 11 QB's offered, so we'll have to wait and see which if any they get to commit.

The list of 11 has these 3 as the most likely:
QB Taisun Phommachanh 6-4 205 **** - Bridgeport, Conn
He might have the best run/pass combo among these 3.

QB David Baldwin 6-4 202 *** - Bradenton, FL IMG ( Uplands, Cal)
He throws a nice left-handed, tight spiral and accurate ball.

QB Jalon Jones 6-3 180 *** - Daltmore, MD
He looks more like RB/WR 'Toney' type to me, than a QB.

The question is, could any of those 3 beat out Emory Jones?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV300NMyxY0

And all 4 might have to wait until one of these 3 Franks/Trask/Allen graduate...
My W-a-G for this spring is that it's going to come down to Trask or Jones with Allen at #3.
Franks should probably consider a summer xfer, but maybe he'll surprise (shock) me. ;)

“I truly believe there is no better place in America to play QB than the UF,” Johnson said. “You walk right outside that stadium and you see three Heisman Trophy winner statues out there. That excites me as a position coach. Coach [Dan] Mullen always talks about the Gator standard. To me, that’s what the Gator standard is. We have some huge shoes to fill in that room. We’re definitely up for the challenge.”

I do know one thing though, I already like Coach Johnson.... (iG) :)
-----

The Gators have signed an elite RB 4 straight years and new RB Coach Greg Knox will look to extend that streak in the 2019 class. He is pursuing 5-star RBs Noah Cain and Trey Sanders from IMG Academy and 4-star RB Austin Jones, a top-100 recruit from Oakland, Calif., who received an offer from Florida on Feb. 7.

DB-U, WR-U, QB-U, they all seem to qualify to me, not that all of the other positions haven't had their own 'Top Rated' players, or their 'Top Flite' group (OL-DL-ST's) years...

PS

And if you're gonna continue to be a troll, you need to be a bit more factual, (per 247).
2019 Ath/WR Ja'markis Weston 6-3 195 **** (SS-TE-ST-OLB/DE in 3-4 D)

This guy says and uses some odd sexual oriented phrases and words as insults

this cat is very suspect

This guy says and uses some odd sexual oriented phrases and words as insults
this cat is very suspect

When you have absolutely nothing of value to add to the thread topic, then start off with a personal attack to get yourself going. :cool:

And you are just as boring as the usual jerks, so welcome to their circle, newbee twit... ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
With 6 for sure, and potentially 7 OL leaving after 2018, this position is UF’s biggest 2019 need.
:
rsSr RG Antonio Riles
rsSr OL Andrew Mike
rsSr LG Kavaris Harkless
Sr LG/LT Martez Ivey
Sr RT/RG Fred Johnson
Sr OL Tyler Jordan (6th Man)
---- Plus
Jr Jawaan Taylor (3rd year starter at RT/LT)
=====

Newbees for 2018 include: (should somewhat mitigate the 2018 departures)

OT Noah Banks 6-7 305 rsJr *** JuCo - Pensacola, FL
#13 OT Jean DeLance 6-5 314 rsSo **** - Tx xfer
#7 OT Richard Gouraige 6-5 271 Fr **** - Tampa, FL
OT/OG Chris Bleich 6-6 313 Fr *** - MsSt flip
OG/OC Griffin McDowell 6-4 267 *** - MsSt flip
=====

Big Time OL Targets for 2019 include: (ESPN Recruit Rankings)

#1 OG Deyavie Hammond 6-4 320 - 39/100 Lakeland, FL (now at IMG)
#6 OG Dontae Lucas 6-4 333 **** - Bradenton, FL (IMG)
-----
#1 OT Kenyon Green 6-4 318 **** - Humble, TX
#2 OT Devontae Dobbs 6-5 286 **** - Belleville, MI
#1 OC Clay Webb 6-4 307 **** - Oxford, AL
#3 OT Wanya Morris 6-6 295 **** - Loganville, GA
#2 OG Keiondre Jones 6-4 316 **** - Hogansville, GA
#5 OG Harry Miller 6-3 310 **** - Buford, GA
With 11 total OL offered so far....

When you have absolutely nothing of value to add to the thread topic, then start off with a personal attack to get yourself going. :cool:

And you are just as boring as the usual jerks, so welcome to their circle, newbee twit... ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

thats gold coming from what iv'e read from you as a user

And that just more off topic chit coming from just another A-hole like you... o_O
So do us both a favor, go post elsewhere. :cool:

Or, just throwing this out there, you could post elsewhere.

You really don’t want a boardwide poll to be done on that matter.

It’ll hurt your feelings.

On my pages, my ignored list comes up like this:
  • You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content
So, I know who has responded and I can post stuff without having to actually read what some jerk with his hand in someone else's pocket is yappin' about... (dufus confirmed yet again) :cool:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

On my pages, my ignored list comes up like this:
  • You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content
So, I know who has responded and I can post stuff without having to actually read what some jerk with his hand in someone else's pocket is yappin' about... (dufus confirmed yet again) :cool:

And yet here you are, responding to it.

You love this.

Killing another thread with his constant personal attacks and other BS, and little to nothing to ever add to an actual thread topic.

============

Former Gators commit LB Jaleel McRae is planning to visit Florida.
The 4-star linebacker from IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) committed to the Gators in February 2016, but decided to re-open his recruitment in late November because of the coaching changes.

“I’ve just been taking the process slow,” McRae told SEC Country. “I’m about to head into spring ball, so I’m just focused on that right now. I’ll go back home to New Smyrna Beach during the summer and have a talk with my mom and dad. We’ll figure out which schools are the best fit for me and what official visits I’m going to take in the fall.” One of those trips will be to Florida, which was McRae’s dream school growing up. He received a visit from Gators coach Dan Mullen during the January contact period. For the rest of the story:
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-jaleel-mcrae-update

With Spring practice starting this week, the recruiting should pick up between now and the Spring game. Many recruits will visit over the next few weeks.
=====

2016 MsSt Defense = 110th in the Nation
Grantham installed his forceful 3-4 scheme that causes chaos by constantly attacking and using his players in multiple positions.
The Motto - Fast, Physical, and Aggressive

2017 MsSt Defense in Grantham's 1st year = 10th in the Nation

The Gator's return 9 starters on their 2018 defense.
Grantham can build his defense around these 4 returning defensive stalwarts:

23. FS/Nic Chauncey Gardner-Johnson 6-0 207 Jr
Outback Bowl MVP

33. MLB David Reese 6-1 239 Jr
Led the team with 102 Tkls

96. DE/OLB CeCe Jefferson 6-1 242 Sr
13.5 TFL - 4.5 Sacks

54. DT Khairi Clark 6-1 315 rsSr
5th year anchor for the interior D-Line.

iG really has no worries concerning the 'New & Improved' Gator defense for 2018. ;)
===================

The Gator version of the 'Triangle Offense' begins in 2018.
HC/QB/Play-Caller Dan-the-Man - Co-OC/OL Hevsery - Co-OC/WR BillyG
Those 3 together, have been making it 'work' for years now... :)

My favorite for the QB job is:
The one (or more) that can represent UF by staying out of 'off the field' trouble. o_O
Stay academically eligible.
Stay healthy for an entire season. :oops:
Operate the 'Triangle Offense' -- without turning the ball over and while scoring points.

The Key Unit: Returns 6 Starters:
LT/LG Martez Ivey Sr
LG/OC Brett Heggie rsSo
OC/OG T.J. McCoy rsJr
RG/RT Fred Johnson Sr
RT/LT Jawaan Taylor Jr
6th Man - Tyler Jordan Sr
As with all other positions, the depth chart has yet to be determined.
Just iG's W-a-G:
LT Taylor, LG Ivey - OC McCoy - RG Heggie - RT The best of the FNG's

Spring Injury List:
RB Malik Davis - Fall
LG Brett Heggie - Fall
C/OG T.J. McCoy - Maybe Spring, Fall for sure
DE Keivonnis Davis - Fall
Others?
==================

Special Teams: Starters for K ad P are up for grabs this Spring.
LS Ryan Farr Sr is the returning starter and will keep the job imo.
With JT gone now, the Holder job is open.

K Pinero - Most career accurate in UF history - 88.4% - Sr 3/3 at 50+.
P J.Townsend - UF and SEC Career Record - 46.2 Yds/P - Sr Natl. Best 47.5

Replacements:
#1 HS Kicker Evan McPherson Fr - 60 Yd FG. (also had an 84 Yd Punt.)
Jorge Powell rsSr, Daniel Justino rsSo, Chris Howard rsFr, & McPherson Fr.
~

#1 HS Punter (2015) Tommy Townsend rsJr - Johnny's brother.
The open punter's job is between Townsend, Gould rsJr, Finn rsSo, & McPherson Fr.

The KOR and PR jobs are also both open, with several experienced returning.
Selecting the gunners for both cover teams will be a key issue. o_O

Five Star Calif. #1 DE Kayvon Thibodeaux said of Mullen. “He’s just straight forward. He’s not a used car salesman like most coaches are. He is who he is. There’s nothing to hide or up his sleeve. What you see is what you get. He’s probably one of the most honest and respectable men I’ve ever met.”

“Coach Mullen is honestly a great dude,” Thibodeaux said. “I respect him as a man. I respect his morals. It was actually a great experience to talk to him one-on-one and really find out who he is.”

“It was super fun. I really liked it,”
Thibodeaux told SEC Country. “These coaches get after it. The practices are high tempo and they’re having fun. I’m not going to lie, it was pretty intense. I can definitely spend my college years here. Honestly, it’s a great place. It’s a real college town. The fans are crazy. It’s big-time football with great coaching.”

~ Too bad that UF (supposedly) missed out on getting 'Cow-Chip Kelly' for a coach... :rolleyes:

A Late Add to Dan's 2018 Class. (pretty sweet imo) :D

ILB Umstead Sanders 6-2 240 Jr - A summer JuCo arrival.

Per 247

#2 QB-dt Jayden Daniels 6-3 170 - San Bernardino, Calif.
I like the other 2 guys better, he's a bit skinny for the SEC.
But with another year to grow develop and he could be okay.

#3 QB-dt Taisun Phommachanh 6-4 205 - Bridgeport, CT
This kid is a true dual threat and he's fairly polished for a Jr in HS.
Impressive Hudl film here:
https://247sports.com/player/taisun-phommachanh-89199

#12 QB-dt David Baldwin 6-4 214 - EE - Upland, Calif - IMG Bradenton, FL
He's a Lefty with a strong arm and he's a strong runner. He's #2 of these 3.

Any of those 3 could get the job done I think, but Taisun would be my choice,,, if I had one. :cool:

Recruiting nugget from the recent Orlando UA Camp:

One time Florida commit #20 OLB Marcus Tillman 6-2 185, who was singled out as one of the top performers at the camp, said that the main reason he de-committed to Florida was because of the coaching change, but that doesn't mean that the Gators aren't still very much in the picture. He said that his developing relationship with UF LB coach Christian Robinson is one of main reasons that the Gators are still in good shape. He plans on visiting Florida for their spring game in April.

Offers: UF - UK, MsSt, Ms, SCa - Clem, tOSU, VaTech, (14 total)
Seems a little under weight, but that's his HS Jr playing weight. He takes Ints to the house, blocks punts, gets sacks, makes tackles, ect. He looks like a lighter Ath Amari Burney type to me, in that he can play SS, OLB, DE, at least at the HS level -- see film @

Last edited:
Recruiting nugget from the recent Orlando UA Camp:

One time Florida commit #20 OLB Marcus Tillman 6-2 185, who was singled out as one of the top performers at the camp, said that the main reason he de-committed to Florida was because of the coaching change, but that doesn't mean that the Gators aren't still very much in the picture. He said that his developing relationship with UF LB coach Christian Robinson is one of main reasons that the Gators are still in good shape. He plans on visiting Florida for their spring game in April.

Offers: UF - UK, MsSt, Ms, SCa - Clem, tOSU, VaTech, (14 total)
Seems a little under weight, but that's his HS Jr playing weight. He takes Ints to the house, blocks punts, gets sacks, maked tackles, ect. He looks like a lighter Ath Amari Burney type to me, in that he can play SS, OLB, DE, at least at the HS level -- see film @

3* 185 pound LB decommit is recruiting news ?:eek::eek:

Gator coaches opinions always trump recruiting service stars or opinions. Are you new, or are you just being the same ole dufus that you've always proven to be in the past?? (rhetorical) o_O

A dust bowl choker with his head-nailed-to-da-flor, has an opinion on future Gator players that matter to anyone at all??? :rolleyes:

And if he doesn't work out on the football team at one of these positions SS/OLB/DE for some unfathomable reason, then there's always this to fall back on...

Maybe he can end up doing both while at UF.... :cool:

Gator coaches opinions always trump recruiting service stars or opinions.

Yep.

Mac and Nuss and Shannon really nailed those diamond in the rough undersized guys.

Especially at LB.

Remind us how the greatest QB mind in the game was the only person who thought Trask was better than every 5 Star.

You’re such a broken record when it comes this.

“Oh the coaches no better than anyone!”

As long as they agree with you...and then when it doesn’t work out, you pretend you never said it.

Killing another thread with his constant personal attacks and other totally useless BS, with little to nothing to ever add to an actual thread topic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT