ADVERTISEMENT

Woof or Growl?...PICK Florida v.Georgia...

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
Well folks...we’ve endured the better part of a year of Dawg Invasion 2019 and the main event has finally arrived...no more talking...no more speculation...no more posturing...it’s time to put up or shut up...

...and to be honest, sadgator has no idea what is going to happen...sadgator suspects that UGA is better than most of us will give them credit for and Florida is not quite as good as many want to give us credit for...

This game is probably going to come down to which defense plays better...and sadgator is HIGHLY suspect of how good our defense really is...but with the dudes coming back from injury, maybe we’ll be better than we’ve shown the past two weeks...

If you forced sadgator to bet his life savings on this game, he’d probably pick UGA just based on pure talent and ability...but this is a silly sports message board, so sadgator can be a little frivolous...the one thing we know is that Mullen will have Florida prepared to play and we’ve been in some wars this year...so picking with his heart and a good bit of hope...sadgator will say...

Florida 23
UGA. 21

Reactions: bradleygator
[QUOTE="

...and to be honest, sadgator has no idea what is going to happen...sadgator suspects that UGA is better than most of us will give them credit for and Florida is not quite as good as many want to give us credit for...

[/QUOTE]

I have a different take. I don't think UGA is better. I think they have more talent but they aren't "better" in terms of executing good football over the last 7-8 games. So how you define matters.

I'd agree that if UGA plays to their potential, and if UF plays to our potential they win. But UGA doesn't generally play to their potential.

Our best football so far this year has been better than their best football and the last 3-4 games we've had better showing on the field. I like the good guys:

UF 27 UGA 24

Should be a really tough 1 score game either way.

The problem is issues and coaching mistakes aside for Georgia, they KNOW that this is their entire season. Just like the Kentucky matchup against us earlier in the season was their Super Bowl. Georgia is going to come out and play like crazy, not to win but to try and make a statement that they still deserve to be in the playoff picture which is all they care about. The previous week's game against Kentucky, they really couldn't do much of anything considering the weather. Just stuck it out knowing that UK was never going to score on them and eventually they did enough just to carry the game. We have little indication of what state Georgia will be in Jax based on their last two games. Our best hope is the same gameplan that SCAR had. Put 7 or 8 in the box and go for broke on stopping their running game then getting enough pressure on child rapist so he doesn't make enough throws to win the game.

Well folks...we’ve endured the better part of a year of Dawg Invasion 2019 and the main event has finally arrived...no more talking...no more speculation...no more posturing...it’s time to put up or shut up...

This game is probably going to come down to which defense plays better...and sadgator is HIGHLY suspect of how good our defense really is...but with the dudes coming back from injury, maybe we’ll be better than we’ve shown the past two weeks...

If you forced sadgator to bet his life savings on this game, he’d probably pick UGA just based on pure talent and ability...but this is a silly sports message board, so sadgator can be a little frivolous...the one thing we know is that Mullen will have Florida prepared to play and we’ve been in some wars this year...so picking with his heart and a good bit of hope...sadgator will say...

Florida 23
UGA. 21
Dawgs 20. Gators 17

whipped puppies have better players and we have the better head coach. This game will be decided by our D coordinator. Scheme like he did against LSU and it will be a long day for us. Load the box and force dawgs to work from behind the chains often, we will win. Unfortunately the true wild card in this is the officiating. It's been really bad in the sec this year. Could work for or against us. We had a 3rd Q lead last year and we are better and the dawgs are not as good. Should be close. I like Gators by 4. 24-20.

Fromm hasn't looked very good this year. It we get a pick or two we win. It will likely be a close game. The season is on the line and I like it. 28-24 Good Guys.
Fromm hasn't looked any worse than any other years he's been out there. The difference is he lost those 5 receivers from last year and has nothing but new guys trying to grow up quick on the receiving end of things. it makes him look almost ordinary at times. The question I have is, what happens when we lose our 4 seniors this year? Are they making Trask look that damn good out there on the field and we're in for a let down next year? Just always looking down the road to what we have next year.

At the end of the week, all I know is one thing. We won't be watching Isaac Nauta just prance down the field all on his own accounting for a TD drive with 5 straight uncontested receptions. That was the truly painful part of last year's game.

The biggest problem Fromm has is his coach. I'm a big Fromm fan - he is athletic and can make throws most QBs can't. He's only "regressed" this year because his coach sucks...hence the new OC.

Run, run - 3rd and 10? Jake - bail us out. There's a reason when he throws for 30+ times they lose and it's not because he's no good - it's because it's always 3rd and 12 when he does so.

Fromm hasn't looked any worse than any other years he's been out there. The difference is he lost those 5 receivers from last year and has nothing but new guys trying to grow up quick on the receiving end of things. it makes him look almost ordinary at times. The question I have is, what happens when we lose our 4 seniors this year? Are they making Trask look that damn good out there on the field and we're in for a let down next year? Just always looking down the road to what we have next year.

At the end of the week, all I know is one thing. We won't be watching Isaac Nauta just prance down the field all on his own accounting for a TD drive with 5 straight uncontested receptions. That was the truly painful part of last year's game.
I think we will be okay. Pitts looks great, Copeland is coming on. We have other talent. Hopefully we can run the ball better.

Georgia either finishes 11-1 and East champs or they finish 8-4 with tailspin losses to 2 of TXAM, Auburn or Mizzou after losing to Florida after their amazing two game winning streak

I’ll choose the latter

Florida 27, Georgia 20

Reactions: sadgator
Are you honestly not gonna take two seconds to post a score and make us hunt for your prediction like a damn “Where’s Waldo” exercise? C’mon brutha...you know how this works...

Didn't remember my exact prediction.
Didn't want to bother to go look for it either.
Didn't think that it mattered much, (no prize or penalty either way).
WORKS! :confused: --- Sorry sad, I'm a retread (retired)... :D

whipped puppies have better players and we have the better head coach. This game will be decided by our D coordinator. Scheme like he did against LSU and it will be a long day for us. Load the box and force dawgs to work from behind the chains often, we will win. Unfortunately the true wild card in this is the officiating. It's been really bad in the sec this year. Could work for or against us. We had a 3rd Q lead last year and we are better and the dawgs are not as good. Should be close. I like Gators by 4. 24-20.
If it’s on Grantham, you’re fvcked. He hasn’t beaten Georgia since he left Athens.

If it’s on Grantham, you’re fvcked. He hasn’t beaten Georgia since he left Athens.

Mobile QB's have been a problem for us this year. Fortunately Fromm is kinda stiff. We will load the box and dare them to throw. But Georgia is stubborn. Last year we did that when we had true frosh and walkons playing DB and they didn't throw until late in the 3rd. That won't play this year.

So Georgia is going to run into the 8 man box, and get some yards, but drives will stall. Meanwhile, unlike last year, we are going to throw the ball all over the place and take an early lead. That will either force Georgia to start throwing, which we want them to do because they aren't very good at it, or they will continue to run, and we will continue to extend the lead. They just aren't a very good come from behind team.

As I said in the Spring, our secondary is better than the Georgia receivers and our WR's are better than their secondary.

Barring a lot of early bad luck (turnovers), I see Florida jumping up early and just blowing Georgia up.

UF 42
UGa 17

Mobile QB's have been a problem for us this year. Fortunately Fromm is kinda stiff. We will load the box and dare them to throw. But Georgia is stubborn. Last year we did that when we had true frosh and walkons playing DB and they didn't throw until late in the 3rd. That won't play this year.

So Georgia is going to run into the 8 man box, and get some yards, but drives will stall. Meanwhile, unlike last year, we are going to throw the ball all over the place and take an early lead. That will either force Georgia to start throwing, which we want them to do because they aren't very good at it, or they will continue to run, and we will continue to extend the lead. They just aren't a very good come from behind team.

As I said in the Spring, our secondary is better than the Georgia receivers and our WR's are better than their secondary.

Barring a lot of early bad luck (turnovers), I see Florida jumping up early and just blowing Georgia up.

UF 42
UGa 17
My prediction is that when Georgia wins you will have plenty of excuses...turnovers, penalties, refs, etc

Don't get me wrong, if we win 21-20 on a fluke play after getting run over all day, I will be totally fine with it.
I'll take it bro...100%. Honestly I'm just glad that it means something again...stakes are high. This is awesome sauce! Most hated rival and the stakes couldn't be bigger? Let's play baby! Oh UGA go to h*ll!

If it's on 4th & Dumb & your OC, then your're fvcked.... o_O

4th&Dumb 17 - 20 SCa in 2 OT's between the hedges
Dan the Man 38 - 27 @ SCa in wind and rain.
Grantham gave up 7 more pts to SCa, but Dan scored 21 more pts.

Since Trask came in vs UK, the Gator offense is averaging 32 pts/gm and that includes going 4-1 vs 5 SEC teams, 2 that are currently ranked in the Top 10.

UGly has played a string of NR chumps and then #7 ranked ND (over-rated early, but currently 2 loss #17). :cool:

Last edited:
I’ll take
UF 35
UGA 17

I don’t think it’ll be that close:
UGA and UF are both trending in different directions

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT