ADVERTISEMENT

Will UF beat Tennessee and Kentucky?

FSUvsEverybody

Baby Gator
Aug 1, 2021
I'd say the tougher game is Kentucky on the road but Tennessee has a potential problem at QB. I'd obviously like to see one of these upsets happen but I don't know how realistic that is especially after todays out come (didn't watch the game but saw stats and some bits and pieces during breaks in the FSU game). The run game for UF seems strong maybe too strong for these 2 teams even with the pass game not exactly lighting it up. What say you Gators?

Didn't KY just struggle mightily against Chattanooga this weekend? Not sold on them being a contender this year. Tennessee is still the flaming dumpster fire that they have been for going on 2 decades now. I fully expect us to prove that this coming weekend in Gainesville.

I'd say the tougher game is Kentucky on the road but Tennessee has a potential problem at QB. I'd obviously like to see one of these upsets happen but I don't know how realistic that is especially after todays out come (didn't watch the game but saw stats and some bits and pieces during breaks in the FSU game). The run game for UF seems strong maybe too strong for these 2 teams even with the pass game not exactly lighting it up. What say you Gators?

I am sure you would. I would hope we aren't so flat we let an outmanned Tennessee have a chance in the Swamp.

If KY wins @ SC I expect them to really be up for the game against us. With how he has built that team I think it may be a close game. Their crowd will really be up for that game.

Before this weekend, I thought Uk had a decent chance against the🐊🐊 but y’all looked like Florida of old against Bama. Our QB is a super talent and our OL is full of pros, but our Defense is too soft and doesn’t get enough pressure. Gators by 20

On any Saturday in the SEC....
That being said, UF has a good chance to win the rest of their games.

LSU is about a 55/45 chance game with a likely Gator win.
UGly is a toss up, depends on who's available to play that week.

JMOHO's as always....

The UK game is going to be a tough out, it's going to be an extremely rowdy crowd against a team with a big physical offensive line and a solid QB

As I've been saying repeatedly concerning Grantham's D, coaches coach and call plays/formations, but it's the players that have to listen, practice, and then take that to the games and do their jobs.
👁

"We read our keys -- tight ends, tackles, ball and backs -- so once you read every key that the coach tells you to read, you’re going to end up making the right play, no matter what," safety Trey Dean said. "So long as you keep poise and do what the coaches tell us to do … we’re coached really well. They teach us the right things and whatever to read at the right time."

After taking some lumps early in the season, those younger DB's are learning the importance of not over-committing or being fooled by window dressing.

"At DB that’s every week: great eye discipline, reading the keys, just knowing where you’re supposed to be,"
Helm said. "And they're a physical team. Kentucky is a physical team. We just going have to go in with our head on right and handle business."

Everyone should keep in mind that vs TN, both of our starting CB's did not play.

Jayden Hill 6-0 182 Jr - Injured out for the season in Aug.
Kaiir Elam 6-2 196 Jr - Injured out for 1-2 games, probable for UK but likely not 100%
Replaced by:
CB Avery Helm 6-1 180 rsFr
CB Jason Marshal Jr 6-0 191 Fr

PS
Bags of money borrowed from Cal-Cheat's funds???
🤔

The Kentucky Grand Jury dismissed charges allowing 6 to return for the UF vs UK game....
😏

Just speculation on my part, but money was not needed as the the entire Grand Jury showed up wearing Wildcat jerseys....
😁

Last edited:
As I've been saying repeatedly concerning Grantham's D, coaches coach and call plays/formations, but it's the players that have to listen, practice, and then take that to the games and do their jobs.
👁

"We read our keys -- tight ends, tackles, ball and backs -- so once you read every key that the coach tells you to read, you’re going to end up making the right play, no matter what," safety Trey Dean said. "So long as you keep poise and do what the coaches tell us to do … we’re coached really well. They teach us the right things and whatever to read at the right time."

After taking some lumps early in the season, those younger DB's are learning the importance of not over-committing or being fooled by window dressing.

"At DB that’s every week: great eye discipline, reading the keys, just knowing where you’re supposed to be,"
Helm said. "And they're a physical team. Kentucky is a physical team. We just going have to go in with our head on right and handle business."

Everyone should keep in mind that vs TN, both of our starting CB's did not play.

Kaiir Elam 6-2 196 Jr - Injured out for 1-2 games, probable for UK but likely not 100%
Replaced by:

PS
🤔

The Kentucky Grand Jury dismissed charges allowing 6 to return for the UF vs UK game....
😏

No one wants to hear excuses for coaches. I hope Grantham is acknowledging his coaching has caused all these receivers to be running wide open on this defense and poor tackling falls on the coaches ultimately also. Curious to see the rankings of our defense after this KY game.

Reactions: gatordad3
👁

Replaced by:

PS
🤔

😏

Just speculation on my part, but money was not needed as the the entire Grand Jury showed up wearing Wildcat jerseys....
😁

I hope you were just joking after PS.

Spewing, as demanded by the kensucky mildpussies.... (and the dog-poker)

According to SECStatCat, the Gators currently rank 2nd in the SEC in explosive plays with 51 total, only behind Ole Miss (53).

The Gators currently have 10 pass plays going beyond 20 yards, with 11 receivers having 3+ receptions, and with 8 of those 11 having 5+ receptions.
Leading Receiver (Copeland) - 10 for 232 Yds, 23.2 Yds/Rec, 2 TD's, L-75.
The Gators under Dan are a position by committee team, not one pony/kitty shows.

They already have 41 runs for more than 10 yards. The Gators currently rank #3 in the NCAA in rushing, while ranking #1 in YPC at 7.3. They are doing so with a 3-star RB and 2 4-star RB's, while 2 5-star RB's are mostly being held in reserve.

Davis 41 for 257 Yds, 6.3 YPC, 2 TD's, L-31

Pierce 26 for 176 Yds, 6.6 YPC, 5 TD's, L-20

Wright 24 for 144 Yds, 5.5 YPC, 1 TD, L-30

The 2 5-star RB's combined - 14 for 80 Yds, 5.7 YPC, 0 TD's, L-26

Dual Threat QB's running the ball:

Jones 57 for 394 Yds, 6.6 YPC, 2 TD's, L-49 - (9-30-21 Unitas Golden Arm Watch List)

Richardson 11 for 275 Yds, 25.0 YPC, 2 TD's, L-80

Note: Ronald Reagan was President the last time that UK beat UF in Lexington.
(fun to say, but it doesn't mean shit come Sat. night)

UK's Leading Receiver WR Wan'Dale Robinson 25 for 402 Yds, 16.1 Yds/Rec
SEC's Leading RB - Chris Rodriguez jr - 53 for 513 Yds, 9.7 YPC

~ The drawback to those inflated kensucky stats, is who they have played, and who they haven't played....

Betting Line UF -8.5

9-30-21 -
Florida rises in latest power rankings from CBS Sports

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...cbs-sports-power-rankings-dennis-dodd-week-4/

Just for some FUN quotes:

Steve Spurrier - "You can't spell Citrus without the UT"

Emory Jones - "You can't spell rout without the UT" (UF 38 - 14 UT) 😁

Now the kensucky trolls here can go back to sniveling... 😜

Trust the media-morons at ESPN to steer you straight in your sports betting:
ESPN FPI Va @ scUM (Mia 71.2% winner)
Reality -
Va 30 - 28 scUM
~ Makes me worry (not really) about the UK vs UF 77.4%

This is a meeting of the nation’s 9th-ranked offense (UF, 540.8 YPG) and 9th-ranked defense (UK, 260.0 YAPG).

This matchup also pits UF’s 3rd-ranked rushing offense (322.5 YPG) against Kentucky’s 20th-ranked rushing defense (87.5 YPG).

Week 4 vs. Tennessee’s No. 5 rushing D (54.3 YAPG)
UF 283 rush yards, 7.1 YPC, 10 rushes of 10+yards

(TN had only allowed 3 runs of 10+ all season).

Florida’s 14-straight games of 400-plus total yards is the longest-active streak in the nation--the first time in the last 40 years the Gators have had as many 400-yard games consecutively.
UF also has at least 7-straight 400-yard outings against SEC teams for the 1st time in school history -- a streak now at 11 games.
The they gotten there with both passing and rushing offenses under Dan.

That weird feeling is your memories of The Spot that Gecko stirred from the recesses of hades
Let sadgator tell you something man, that was at the height of sadgator’s productively active sex life and young adulthood…there were difficult times, of course, but those are some damn good memories…The Porpoise too…

Let sadgator tell you something man, that was at the height of sadgator’s productively active sex life and young adulthood…there were difficult times, of course, but those are some damn good memories…The Porpoise too…
I really admire a poster sticking to the same gimmick for over 20k posts. It really speaks of your dedication.

Reactions: sadgator
Did Dan and the SEC Officials split the kensucky check this week?
Or did kensucky spend 2 checks this week to insure the outcome??? 😁

Naw dog-poker, I was laughing through most of the 4th quarter while telling my better half that they would lose the game, the writing was already on the wall....

I even missed part of it as I went out on the front porch to smoke and look at the stars.
I did go back and watch the rest of it later, (I recorded it), just to see how badly they screwed the pooch.

The games, just like this msg-brd, is just cheap entertainment for me. I never let it interfere with anything of real importance in my life.... I laugh a lot, and I rarely cry over spilled milk, especially when it's not my milk or my floor that it's spilled on....

Naw dog-poker, I was laughing through most of the 4th quarter while telling my better half that they would lose the game, the writing was already on the wall....

I even missed part of it as I went out on the front porch to smoke and look at the stars.
I did go back and watch the rest of it later, (I recorded it), just to see how badly they screwed the pooch.

The games, just like this msg-brd, is just cheap entertainment for me. I never let it interfere with anything of real importance in my life.... I laugh a lot, and I rarely cry over spilled milk, especially when it's not my milk or my floor that it's spilled on....
Which is your better half? Top half? Left Half? Front Half?

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I think we can all agree the refs were of true SEC caliber, in that they sucked balls.

I do not think they were bad against one team or the other, just randomly and indiscriminately bad.

I believe the phantom holding call right after the interception changed the outcome of the game, but who's fault was it that we were in position to let one call change the outcome? All on us.

I think we can all agree the refs were of true SEC caliber, in that they sucked balls.

I do not think they were bad against one team or the other, just randomly and indiscriminately bad.

I believe the phantom holding call right after the interception changed the outcome of the game, but who's fault was it that we were in position to let one call change the outcome? All on us.

i agree that the refs had issues….. but we can go back to a lot of effing games in the UF-UK matchups where calls changed the game….like in 2017…. It’s the way the ball bounces

Reactions: martycat1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT