ADVERTISEMENT

Will the P12 survive?

Virginia is more valuable than UNC imo. I think UNC is on the rise tho
Lol, if there was ever a generic P5 brand outside of Missouri it would have to be UVA.

What stands out about UVA?
Virginia is more valuable than UNC imo. I think UNC is on the rise tho
You could be right but I just don't see how.

Virginia is so basic. Generic. I mean they look like a wannabe Auburn. Like what has UVA really ever won in a revenue sport. What athlete is symbolic of UVA. I mean not even a well know logo and a boring nickname.

Meanwhile UNC is the flagship of the Jordan brand. Jordan is the flagship of hoops. Carolina blue is it's own color. The UNC logo is recognized across the country and even the globe. No they aren't a football powerhouse but they have the potential. They are still a brand. UVA is not a powerhouse in anything with the exception of doing something in baseball occasionally. Even that goat...ram whatever that thing is with the horns is cool. If there is one school that can make a jump due to hoops it would have to be UNC. Not Kansas...not Dook. It's UNC.

UVA is Emma Stone. Not ugly by any means but not shocking or stunning. UNC is Cameron Diaz. Not the hottest but definitely not one you'd kick out the bed for eating crackers. Yes quirky but doll her up and she is stunning.

Agree, no offense to A&M and Mizzou or even SCAR and Arky but the real SEC was 10 teams. Heck even GT and Tulane have more SEC tradition. But that’s long gone now.
We definitely took the wrong team from the state of South Carolina. Sure they whipped us a few times here and there as has Mizzou but I hated both of those choices. I'll say when the SEC took A&M it made some noise and made OU and Texas interested in what they were getting. Bringing in Mizzou did very little besides a lousy Midwestern TV market.

Arkansas fits in well with the SEC despite being west of the big river. They were the best kid in the orphanage to pick from at the time.

Looking back we were being polite only offering independents or teams leaving conference falling apart. Should have went all out to attract Clemson or even NC State. NC State would have loved to get out of the shadows of UNC and Duke. Oh and Va Tech..should have went after them instead of SCar.

Last edited:
I’m on other sites and this board is probably the least toxic of them all. I can tell you On3 is a nightmare and isn’t moderated well at all.

Lol, if there was ever a generic P5 brand outside of Missouri it would have to be UVA.

Virginia is so basic. Generic. I mean they look like a wannabe Auburn. Like what has UVA really ever won in a revenue sport. What athlete is symbolic of UVA. I mean not even a well know logo and a boring nickname.

Meanwhile UNC is the flagship of the Jordan brand. Jordan is the flagship of hoops. Carolina blue is it's own color. The UNC logo is recognized across the country and even the globe. No they aren't a football powerhouse but they have the potential. They are still a brand. UVA is not a powerhouse in anything with the exception of doing something in baseball occasionally. Even that goat...ram whatever that thing is with the horns is cool. If there is one school that can make a jump due to hoops it would have to be UNC. Not Kansas...not Dook. It's UNC.

UVA is Emma Stone. Not ugly by any means but not shocking or stunning. UNC is Cameron Diaz. Not the hottest but definitely not one you'd kick out the bed for eating crackers. Yes quirky but doll her up and she is stunning.
I agree with everything you are saying except Virginia did win a basketball natty in 2019 under Tony Bennett.

Reactions: Gator Fever
So I went through some scenarios and I have time right now before 4th of July things start.

By 2030 we'll likely have 4, 18 team super conferences. Here's how I could see it shaking out (this scenario plays that the SEC doesn't poach from the ACC).

BIG10:

East:
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Penn State
Maryland
Rutgers
Purdue
Northwestern
Indiana

West:
Illinois
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Nebraska
*USC
*UCLA
*Cal
*Stanford

The Big10 secures their title as the best academic conference of the group. They also secure California which helps make adding USC and UCLA a better geographic fit.

Big12:

East:
Oklahoma State
West Virginia
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
TCU
*Cincinnati
*UCF
*Houston

West:
Texas Tech
Baylor
*BYU

*Arizona
*Arizona State
*Colorado
*Utah
*Oregon
*Washington

Big12 owns pretty much everything in the west, minus California. Not the greatest conference but theyve got footholds in markets all across the country.

Now it gets tricky because the ACC and, especially the SEC, are locked in a tough position. Pretty much any school that makes any sense for the SEC to add is already in an existing market, and as we all know, existing SEC schools aren't too keen about adding g a new school into their SEC territory. That said (and I don't love either of these options)...

SEC:

East:
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
South Carolina
Kentucky
*Eastern Carolina
*Liberty

West:
TAMU
LSU
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Missouri
Vanderbilt
*Texas
*Oklahoma

I hate adding those two but it does add North Carolina and Virginia markets while not overwhelming the the conference power. Considering how strong we are already as well as adding Texas and Oklahoma, this wouldn't be an awful move. Still don't love it, but financially makes sense (also those schools will get more exposure and "prestige" being in the conference.

ACC:

North:
Clemson
North Carolina
Duke
Pittsburgh
Louisville
Boston College
Syracuse
*Notre Dame
*Navy

South:
FSU
Miami
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Georgia Tech
Wake Forest
North Carolina State
*UAB
*Tulane

They get the initial upper hand because of Notre Dame's contractual affiliation, Navy keeps that rivalry and gets them back in Maryland, UAB and Tulane get them into new markets, especially Tulane.

So that's set. Each conference has a strong top end, a solid second tier, meh third tier, and a bottom tier primarily focused on markets.

What's left is a potential 5th power conference but it would obviously the worst from a strength standpoint but strong from a market share standpoint.

American Athletic Conference:

East:
Memphis
USF
SMU
Temple
Tulsa
*Arkansas State
*Marshall
*La Tech
*Western Michigan

West:
*Fresno State
*San Diego State
*Wyoming
*Colorado State
*Air Force
*Rice
*Oregon State
*Washington State
*Boise State

Obviously not impressive from a football/basketball standpoint overall but it would give them markets all across the country, which they'll need for the travel expenses. Some of these schools are in there for market purposes only, especially Rice (which brings in San Antonio).

how does that all play out? If I were in charge, I'd have each conference set up 2 divisions of 9, primarily for geographical purposes. 14 regular season games. 2 BYE weeks. Season begins mid-August. Each team plays 8 divisional games, 4 cross-divisional games, 2 OOC (I'd prefer it all be conference based but there will be plenty of schools that want to keep OOC rivalries alive). Championship weekend stays the same, first week of December. 12 team playoff. All teams get a week off, 4 power conference winners get an extra For the first round. Non-Power conferences play their low-tier bowls starting that first weekend. Then the remaining bowls are held in between the playoff bowls. Restructured, of course, to make the most intriguing matchups for viewers, not semi-predetermined conference affiliated selections.

so on and so forth.

okay. 4th of July time.

Just saying, this is what I would do if they made me Commissioner of College Football.

***Edit-went ahead and separated the divisions.
Danny you must have a lot of free time on your hands. Kinda like Spacey will the sicko that he is. BTW, you must not have an issue with him huh?

tumblr_mua66xxuo21s96s0io1_500.png

That rare year they win a national title and people are shocked and later forget. The most other days when mentioned. Her on her normal days
images
Plenty of not so great pictures of Cameron Diaz floating around as well. Just sayin'.

You do know she wore butt and boob padding for The Mask, right? It's all about the presentation. Same as with schools. :p

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Wasn’t Intended to be a flame. Just a factual statement that they like to tout their academic prowess and most schools won’t fit their ideal profile. Why Stanford isn’t part of their secondary move is somewhat surprising. Or maybe they are.

FSU would be closer to the top of the B1G than the bottom.

B1G Schools Ordered by US News & World Report Rankings

Northwestern University: 9
University of Michigan—Ann Arbor: 23
University of Wisconsin—Madison: 42
University of Illinois—Urbana-Champaign: 47
Purdue University—West Lafayette: 49
Ohio State University—Columbus: 49
Florida State University: 55
University of Maryland—College Park: 59
Rutgers University—New Brunswick: 63
Pennsylvania State University—University Park: 63
University of Minnesota—Twin Cities: 68
Indiana University—Bloomington: 68
Michigan State University: 83
University of Iowa: 83
University of Nebraska—Lincoln: 136

Wow! It’s no wonder they (Big 10) are pissed about Nebraska’s academics.

The ACC is stuck between a rock and a hard spot. The Big Ten and SEC are the only two standing on solid footing.

I think the ACC is in perfect position right now. The war is between the big 10 and SEC, whoever scoops up the top of the ACC will have the better conference and neither wants the other to get them. Perfect spot if you are FSU, Clemson, Miami, etc.

I think the ACC is in perfect position right now. The war is between the big 10 and SEC, whoever scoops up the top of the ACC will have the better conference and neither wants the other to get them. Perfect spot if you are FSU, Clemson, Miami, etc.
Right now it looks like alot of the ACC teams are stuck due to that terrible contract they agreed too. I’m sure they are trying to find ways to get out of it but I would have to disagree with you at the moment. The ACC teams are in a bad spot right now. It doesn’t appear they can just get up and leave like Texas, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, etc we’re able too. Don’t be surprised if the ACC tries to expand themselves.

Last edited:

Finally! Your original av is back.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Right now it looks like alot of the ACC teams are stuck due to that terrible contract they agreed too. I’m sure they are trying to find ways to get out of it but I would have to disagree with you at the moment. The ACC teams are in a bad spot right now. It doesn’t appear they can just get up and leave like Texas, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, etc we’re able too. Don’t be surprised if the ACC tries to expand themselves.

Short term I agree with you. However, lots of ways to break that contract, it just takes a lot of teams. Long term, I think FSU and Clemson are sitting pretty. Hope we join the Big

What if the Big 10 doesn't take Oregon and Washington? Does the PAC 12 keep the rest and add like the Big 12 or does the Big 12 raid the conference finishing it off?

What if the Big 10 doesn't take Oregon and Washington? Does the PAC 12 keep the rest and add like the Big 12 or does the Big 12 raid the conference finishing it off?
I think the Big 12 raids the conference and finishes the PAC 12 off. I’m at the point I’m not sure I care too terribly much. We are in the best conference and in a good spot.

Don't agree with a lot of that. I don't see the Big 10 and SEC schools directly paying athletes big NIL money from big TV contracts and I don't see non Big 10 and SEC power 5 schools being excluded from any playoff system anytime soon. Looking at NIL now I could see Clemson and Miami dominating the ACC in football while FSU continues to struggle.

Don't agree with a lot of that. I don't see the Big 10 and SEC schools directly paying athletes big NIL money from big TV contracts and I don't see non Big 10 and SEC power 5 schools being excluded from any playoff system anytime soon. Looking at NIL now I could see Clemson and Miami dominating the ACC in football while FSU continues to struggle.

Yea lots of false hoods in that article lol we have been getting less money for a LONG time. Fsu and Miami will always be somewhat relevant in cfb. Same as UF.

Yea lots of false hoods in that article lol we have been getting less money for a LONG time. Fsu and Miami will always be somewhat relevant in cfb. Same as UF.

How do you think NIL with recruits develops with FSU going forward. Are the boosters in a wait and see mode mostly or is there a lack of motivation compared to Clemson and Miami with that?

How do you think NIL with recruits develops with FSU going forward. Are the boosters in a wait and see mode mostly or is there a lack of motivation compared to Clemson and Miami with that?

We don't have a billionaire but we were able to offer Mims (transfer lineman from UGA) around 500k a yr. I think we can be competitive for high 4 star guys and maybe some others if we have the relationship. Nothing like Miami, USC, Texas, or A and M tho. I don't think we have a bad NIL program, it's just not elite and was very slow to get going. They were not aggressive with it last yr which is why we fell flat on our face on ESD literally signing none of our 7 targets and losing Hunter. Now they have a better grasp of it (break the rules like everybody else). Problem is, we suck as a program (no wins so no momentum), bad recruiters, and big time NIL programs lurking anytime we don't offer something big lol I don't expect fsu to be in the top 15 in recruiting for those 3 reasons. However, we are getting good o line and d line recruits. We got Kearney and Simmons (both of whom UF and other top programs wanted) and we got Faulk at DE. We just can't sign 20 of those guys. It's like 7 or 8 of them is our max. Fsu is going to have to win in the portal, hit on most of their top guys that they get, and get lucky with some 3 stars. Tall task. Don't expect fsu to be good in the near future. We are recruiting o line and d line well which will help 2 to 3 yrs down the line. No good receivers tho, or running backs. Fsu has a bare cupboard with playmakers on offense. Our running back from Oregon is going to surprise some people. He's better than most think. Our TE room might be worse than local high schools and I'm more athletic than most of our receivers.... So should be another fun yr on offense. Only positive this yr is we have a ton of experience in playing time and experience within the system. Issue is, those players arent very talented. Think we can break .500 if Jordan Travis stays healthy but he hasn't done that yet. Our backup QB is a whoof. I'm gun a have to close my eyes when he goes in.

We don't have a billionaire but we were able to offer Mims (transfer lineman from UGA) around 500k a yr. I think we can be competitive for high 4 star guys and maybe some others if we have the relationship. Nothing like Miami, USC, Texas, or A and M tho. I don't think we have a bad NIL program, it's just not elite and was very slow to get going. They were not aggressive with it last yr which is why we fell flat on our face on ESD literally signing none of our 7 targets and losing Hunter. Now they have a better grasp of it (break the rules like everybody else). Problem is, we suck as a program (no wins so no momentum), bad recruiters, and big time NIL programs lurking anytime we don't offer something big lol I don't expect fsu to be in the top 15 in recruiting for those 3 reasons. However, we are getting good o line and d line recruits. We got Kearney and Simmons (both of whom UF and other top programs wanted) and we got Faulk at DE. We just can't sign 20 of those guys. It's like 7 or 8 of them is our max. Fsu is going to have to win in the portal, hit on most of their top guys that they get, and get lucky with some 3 stars. Tall task. Don't expect fsu to be good in the near future. We are recruiting o line and d line well which will help 2 to 3 yrs down the line. No good receivers tho, or running backs. Fsu has a bare cupboard with playmakers on offense. Our running back from Oregon is going to surprise some people. He's better than most think. Our TE room might be worse than local high schools and I'm more athletic than most of our receivers.... So should be another fun yr on offense. Only positive this yr is we have a ton of experience in playing time and experience within the system. Issue is, those players arent very talented. Think we can break .500 if Jordan Travis stays healthy but he hasn't done that yet. Our backup QB is a whoof. I'm gun a have to close my eyes when he goes in.

Yep without real big NIL the teams that can sign the good 4 stars just below that level that cant demand big money up front and 3 stars that end up developing well will go a long way. But of course if those players show out as sophomores or redshirt freshman you will have to open the checkbook also to keep them from jumping ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT