ADVERTISEMENT

will ole miss make a run at Mike White?

I don’t expect Nembhard or Mann back.

Transfers??? That's a bit difficult for me to see? :cool:

I don't see either being drafted. Nembhard has at least a small chance of being hired to an NBA developmental league, but I see no chance for Mann to the NBA at this early point in his career. :confused:

I don't see either being drafted. Nembhard has at least a small chance of being hired to an NBA developmental league, but I see no chance for Mann to the NBA at this early point in his career. :confused:
I don’t expect either back. I’ll just leave it at that.

Agree. I looked at 3 different mock NBA drafts, all updated since early May. Neither Nembhard nor Mann are listed on any of the boards (60 total players to be drafted) and on the ESPN board neither are listed among the Top 100 players available. So unless they are tired of going to school I don't see why they wouldn't come back. Maybe go to Europe, make some money and develop their skills in hopes of making it to the NBA in a couple of years? But that's a hard way to go at it. Staying at Florida and getting a degree seems like a much smarter move

Yes surprised he came back. Was told Mann was going to do the same thing Nembhard did. But I think Mann changed his mind because Nembhard was leaving as Mann wants to play some PG so Nembhard leaving helped.

UPDATE, 10:45 P.M. ET, MAY 30: Florida basketball player Tre Mann has disputed a report that surfaced online on Saturday evening that he has made a decision to pull his name from consideration for the NBA Draft to return to UF for his sophomore season. 247Sports cited that report below in the original article below.

"There has been a recent release of misinformation, I’m not sure who or where it came from but at this time, I have not made a decision on what I will be doing for my future. I am still going through the draft process at this time. Thanks for the support Go Gators!!!" Mann wrote on Twitter.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...rt-he-has-withdrawn-from-NBA-Draft-147679573/

UPDATE, 10:45 P.M. ET, MAY 30: Florida basketball player Tre Mann has disputed a report that surfaced online on Saturday evening that he has made a decision to pull his name from consideration for the NBA Draft to return to UF for his sophomore season. 247Sports cited that report below in the original article below.

"There has been a recent release of misinformation, I’m not sure who or where it came from but at this time, I have not made a decision on what I will be doing for my future. I am still going through the draft process at this time. Thanks for the support Go Gators!!!" Mann wrote on Twitter.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...rt-he-has-withdrawn-from-NBA-Draft-147679573/
I saw that - So Paco could end up being 100% right on Mann & Nembhard.

That Nembhard chose to transfer rather than return to Florida was not a complete surprise, given the Gators had signed Michigan transfer center Colin Castleton in April, a move that put the team at 14 scholarship players; or one over the limit of 13.

Also, Andrew has been watching speedy PG Tyree Appleby (xfer sit-out) on the practice floor for a year now. Maybe Amdrew didn't want to hang around just to lose, or maybe have to share his PG job with Tyree. Could that be the reason that he's in the transfer portal? Huummm.... :cool:

AN 2019 Soph
- 11.2 Pts, 5.6 Ast's , 3's 30.8%,
He scored 20+ Pts 4 times with 2 double-doubles, (21-10 & 15-10)

TA 2018 Soph
- 17.2 Pt's, 5.6 Ast's, 3's 38.9%
He scored 20+ points 14 times and posted one triple-double,
19 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists vs. UW-Milwaukee. :eek:

And then there's PG Ques,,, and CG Tre, if he returns....

Note: No hard feelings towards Andrew. He was a good Gator in his 2 years here, so I wish him well in his future, wherever it leads him. :)

Now that both methodical Nembhard and Blackshear have moved on, the Gators figure to have a very different (and speedy-er) look about them when the 2020-21 season rolls around. Gone are the two players most prominently featured on the offensive end, but the team will return a trio of quick starters in PF Johnson, an All-SEC 1st-team selection after averaging 14.0 points and 7.0 rebounds, along with 'dead-eye' SG Locke, the league's top 3-pointer shooter in conference play at 48.4%, plus wing and defensive hawk SF Scottie Lewis, who was playing his best basketball at the end of the season. -- Stand-By To Run & Score. o_O

Reactions: gatordad3
So, what's the 2020-21 Roster looking like now, assuming that Mann returns. o_O

PG Tyree Appleby 6-1 163 rsJr (All Horizon League, Fr & Soph)
PG Ques Glover 5-11 176 So (Tn HS 3A Champ & MVP in Title game)
PF Christopher Sutherland 6-3 170 Grad-Sr P-WO
(2015 NY HS 2nd-team All-State and making it to the state semifinals)

CG Noah Locke 6-2 207 Jr (UF Fr 3's made record with 81)
CG Tre Mann 6-4 172 So (5-star Micky-D)
CG Alex Klatsky 6-3 189 rsFr, P-WO
(A 4-year varsity starter and 2-year captain, part of 104 wins)

SF-CG Scottie Lewis 6-5 185 So (5-star Micky-D)
SF Samson Ruzhentsev 6-6 182 Fr (48/100)
SF-CG Niels Lane 6-5 210 Fr (90/100)

PF Anthony Duruji 6-7 213 rsJr (All AAC)
PF Osayi Osifo 6-8 215 rsJr (#1 PF JuCo xfer)
PF Keyontae Johnson 6-5 231 Jr (All SEC 1st Team)

C-PF Colin Castleton 6-11 235 Jr or rsSo sit-out?
(2019-20 @ Mich, FG 54%, only 7.9 Min/Gm as backup)

PF-C Omar Payne 6-10 223 So
(115 Pts (3.8 ppg), 107 Rbs (3.6 rpg), 34 Blks in 30 Gms, 7 starts)
C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 300 So
(B-2-B HS NACA Champs, NACA Def. PoY and 1st-Team All-Conf)

I am again looking forward to watching this more balanced TEAM get after it... :D

Reactions: ocalaman
So, what's the 2020-21 Roster looking like now, assuming that Mann returns. o_O

PG Tyree Appleby 6-1 163 rsJr (All Horizon League, Fr & Soph)
PG Ques Glover 5-11 176 So (Tn HS 3A Champ & MVP in Title game)
PF Christopher Sutherland 6-3 170 Grad-Sr P-WO
(2015 NY HS 2nd-team All-State and making it to the state semifinals)

CG Noah Locke 6-2 207 Jr (UF Fr 3's made record with 81)
CG Tre Mann 6-4 172 So (5-star Micky-D)
CG Alex Klatsky 6-3 189 rsFr, P-WO
(A 4-year varsity starter and 2-year captain, part of 104 wins)

SF-CG Scottie Lewis 6-5 185 So (5-star Micky-D)
SF Samson Ruzhentsev 6-6 182 Fr (48/100)
SF-CG Niels Lane 6-5 210 Fr (90/100)

PF Anthony Duruji 6-7 213 rsJr (All AAC)
PF Osayi Osifo 6-8 215 rsJr (#1 PF JuCo xfer)
PF Keyontae Johnson 6-5 231 Jr (All SEC 1st Team)

C-PF Colin Castleton 6-11 235 Jr or rsSo sit-out?
(2019-20 @ Mich, FG 54%, only 7.9 Min/Gm as backup)

PF-C Omar Payne 6-10 223 So
(115 Pts (3.8 ppg), 107 Rbs (3.6 rpg), 34 Blks in 30 Gms, 7 starts)
C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 300 So
(B-2-B HS NACA Champs, NACA Def. PoY and 1st-Team All-Conf)

I am again looking forward to watching this more balanced TEAM get after it... :D
At this point, I'm ready to watch any sports. This has been such a drought since the insane lockdown, I just want the games to begin - any games!!!

At this point, I'm ready to watch any sports. This has been such a drought since the insane lockdown, I just want the games to begin - any games!!!

I share your fan pain ocala. :oops:
I really missed the other Spring sports. :(

With no sports to watch yet, and with football reruns wearing out.....
How about some more insight on one of Mike's 2021 recruits, anyone interested?
It was kinda fun for me to see how he developed over the last few years.

#5 SG Kowacie Reeves 6-6 170 - #67 Natl. - Macon, Ga. - 247
UF - Top 5 Other Offers: UGA - GaT - Clem - Tx - Stanford

Summer 2017, 'Lil' Kowacie Reeves AAU

HS Soph

HS Jr

Last edited:
Never been a fan. Those people are great at what they do, but I've just never been interested even a little bit and can't watch even if it's the only thing on.

Some like it and some don't, as with any sport, but I'm with you ocala. :rolleyes:

"They're Makin' A Left Turnnnn...."

"They're Makin' Another Left Turnnn..."

"I wonder what's going to happen next???"

"It's an easy sport to follow when you're hammered..."
--- Bubba-J :D

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Some like it and some don't, as with any sport, but I'm with you ocala. :rolleyes:

"They're Makin' A Left Turnnnn...."

"They're Makin' Another Left Turnnn..."

"I wonder what's going to happen next???"

"It's an easy sport to follow when you're hammered..."
--- Bubba-J :D

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
I didn’t know squat about it until my wife introduced me to the sport. There’s a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
we've had some great NASCAR races for weeks now.

Yes, we have. I've always been a big NASCAR fan, these races have been really good, very competitive. Also notice no "labor' disputes, etc. The drivers and crews just show up and race!

Yes, we have. I've always been a big NASCAR fan, these races have been really good, very competitive. Also notice no "labor' disputes, etc. The drivers and crews just show up and race!

I grew up a Bill Elliott fan and have been a Hendricks fan for probably 15 years now, so Chase Elliott coming on in the twilight of Jimmie's career has been pretty fun.

between the no-win situation to end the race in Darlington and the two end of the race wrecks with Kyle and Logano at Charlotte and Bristol, the kid could very realistically be looking at a 4 race win streak right now.

pretty unbelievable for a guy that won't even be 25 until the end of November.

been very exciting racing the last few weeks.

I grew up a Bill Elliott fan and have been a Hendricks fan for probably 15 years now, so Chase Elliott coming on in the twilight of Jimmie's career has been pretty fun.

between the no-win situation to end the race in Darlington and the two end of the race wrecks with Kyle and Logano at Charlotte and Bristol, the kid could very realistically be looking at a 4 race win streak right now.

I'm glad you, Paco and a ton of other people like NASCAR. I know many die hard fans and am happy there is some sports enjoyment out there for ya'll. Just not my cup of tea. Never has been and just one of those things I could never come to enjoy. But great for those who do.

I'm glad you, Paco and a ton of other people like NASCAR. I know many die hard fans and am happy there is some sports enjoyment out there for ya'll. Just not my cup of tea. Never has been and just one of those things I could never come to enjoy. But great for those who do.

hey I totally get it. I've had success turning people into the sport over the years once you actually explain the strategy of what's going on.

yes, I know "turn left and go fast." Or "the last 30 laps are all that matter."

kind of true, but that's basically like saying "football is just about getting 10 yards and you really don't need to pay attention until the 2 minute warning."

seeing how you got to that point, knowing that some cars have been running better, blah blah blah...it's pretty compelling, you just have to know what you're watching.

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville!

Chase is my pick to win the championship. he's going to be a better all-around driver than his dad. Bill was a monster on the super speedways but struggled on the shorter tracks

i live about an hour and a half away from Dawsonville and came very close to going there for one of the races since they restarted....just to hear them ring the bell and see that atmosphere.

Ever go down to the creek and hang with this crew?

t-dawsons-creek-writers-room.jpg

Chase is my pick to win the championship. he's going to be a better all-around driver than his dad. Bill was a monster on the super speedways but struggled on the shorter tracks

A driver naming his son Chase is like a stripper naming her son Pole. Or, a driver naming his son Pole.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
With no sports to watch yet, and with football reruns wearing out.....
How about some more insight on one of Mike's 2021 recruits, anyone interested?
It was kinda fun for me to see how he developed over the last few years.

#5 SG Kowacie Reeves 6-6 170 - #67 Natl. - Macon, Ga. - 247
UF - Top 5 Other Offers: UGA - GaT - Clem - Tx - Stanford

Summer 2017, 'Lil' Kowacie Reeves AAU

HS Soph

HS Jr

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT