ADVERTISEMENT

Wildly off topic; Cameron Smith Wins Mayport Open

NavigatorII

Bull Gator
Dec 8, 2004
6no8s8.jpg

Rumors are stirring Cam will jump to the Saudi Kingfish Association. 😂

Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament Weigh in is at Sisters Creek. Not really near Mayport.
He fished in the celebrity division not in the main tournament but regardless he did well.
His team finished 6th in the General Tournament, aggregate division (I think. The GJKT website is junk, still don't have results up yet, General was yesterday. From Twatter:

Edit, confirmed:

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/...tops-cameron-smith-billy-horschel/7757890001/

There was also the two-fish aggregate championship, a category that Smith and Horschel's team led for more than an hour during the afternoon, but that ultimately went to Tommy Rady and the Salt Life Food Shack crew.

I fished in this tournament for 20 consecutive years before giving up competitive offshore kingfish tournaments. Mayport is just across the St Johns from Sister's Creek boat ramp. Mayport just sounded more "golfy". ;)

Reactions: nail1988
His team finished 6th in the General Tournament, aggregate division (I think. The GJKT website is junk, still don't have results up yet, General was yesterday. From Twatter:

Edit, confirmed:

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/...tops-cameron-smith-billy-horschel/7757890001/

There was also the two-fish aggregate championship, a category that Smith and Horschel's team led for more than an hour during the afternoon, but that ultimately went to Tommy Rady and the Salt Life Food Shack crew.

I fished in this tournament for 20 consecutive years before giving up competitive offshore kingfish tournaments. Mayport is just across the St Johns from Sister's Creek boat ramp. Mayport just sounded more "golfy". ;)
Lol Golfy. Mayport itself is fishy but you're correct. Sisters Creek is not far past Mayport on the right going inland but no one calls it Mayport. You're a trooper for doing 20 years It's a brutal deal. I've only fished it twice and ojustgot to eat at the fish fry.

ADVERTISEMENT