ADVERTISEMENT

Why Are Conservatives So Gullible?

BSC911

Bull Gator
Apr 18, 2018
https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/5/1/eaau4586.full

Abstract
So-called “fake news” has renewed concerns about the prevalence and effects of misinformation in political campaigns. Given the potential for widespread dissemination of this material, we examine the individual-level characteristics associated with sharing false articles during the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign. To do so, we uniquely link an original survey with respondents’ sharing activity as recorded in Facebook profile data. First and foremost, we find that sharing this content was a relatively rare activity. Conservatives were more likely to share articles from fake news domains, which in 2016 were largely pro-Trump in orientation, than liberals or moderates. We also find a strong age effect, which persists after controlling for partisanship and ideology: On average, users over 65 shared nearly seven times as many articles from fake news domains as the youngest age group.

Junk science that is peer reviewed by people who have the same biases as the co-authors of this “study”.
I figured that would be you alls response. If it doesn’t support your biased view of the world, it must be wrong. I get it.

Conservatives gullible?
You triggered snowflakes crack me up.

You never disappoint. You respond to a scientific study with the same old meaningless platitudes like triggered and snowflake. Try something original for a change.

Oh, and I say Merry Christmas so your whole War on Christmas is yet another faux outrage that you’ve fallen for. Which, again, shows why Conservatives are so gullible.

Reactions: urtren
You never disappoint. You respond to a scientific study with the same old meaningless platitudes like triggered and snowflake. Try something original for a change.

Oh, and I say Merry Christmas so your whole War on Christmas is yet another faux outrage that you’ve fallen for. Which, again, shows why Conservatives are so gullible.
This is a stupid thread that you could have posted here https://florida.forums.rivals.com/threads/thanksgiving-coldest-on-record-in-the-neast.73623/unread

Why, it doesn’t have anything to do with the weather, but rather why are conservatives so gullible.

Although now that you mention it, you have posted stuff from the non accredited Lysander University, so it does tie into your willingness to accept fake climate studies that support your biases.

@BSC911 who told you that Lysander University wasn't credible?

I did a Google search of the three co-authors of the study you linked. One of them is a professor at Princeton; the other two are at New York University. I did a quick review of their Twitter accounts. One of them has their account suspended LOL and for the other two, you can easily ascertain their liberal political leanings just by scrolling through.

Apparently their study confirms YOUR biased view of the world. I get it.
That doesn’t make it false. I mean, look at the nonsense you guys post on here. You believe every crazy conspiracy theory known to man.

Sorry, but I’ll believe someone from Princeton over a high school drop out from Lysander “University.”

Exactly what is it in your view constitutes gullibility?
I'm never tired of you leftists calling conservatives names, questioning and insulting our intelligence, and getting a visual of you standing over in a corner group huddle yelling at every who holds a different viewpoint.
What a miserable bunch.

That doesn’t make it false. I mean, look at the nonsense you guys post on here. You believe every crazy conspiracy theory known to man.

Sorry, but I’ll believe someone from Princeton over a high school drop out from Lysander “University.”

Who told you that Lysander University wasn't credible? For someone that claims other posters here won't answer a straight question, you sure are struggling with this one.

Princeton is a very fine school, and frankly I’ve never heard of Lysander University.

I take the responsibility to get my news from a variety of sources and to be well-informed very seriously. I can’t control what other people do.

So these researchers found evidence of fake news through a study of Facebook postings,etc. I think the unspoken problem is Facebook algorithms that amplify and reinforce what people want to see, irrespective of personal biases.

I don’t do Facebook but my wife does. She shows me my brother’s cringeworthy posts; his views on Trump are compatible with urtren’s.

I think our attitudes towards Trump reflect more on us collectively than on Trump himself. There’s not a lot to personally admire about the guy but I’m happy to see him advance the conservative cause, even if I’m not completely sure he really believes it himself.

Merry Christmas to you @BSC911 and I really do mean that.
And Merry Christmas to you as well. Apologies if I’ve unnecessarily lumped you with the Alt right nut jobs who usually post in here.

Lysander is a non accredited institution that some of the Deniers use to discredit the fact that the glaciers are melting.

Here are some of the “faculty.”

Dr. Roger Roots

Although he began his adult life as a high school dropout and an ex-convict, he now holds a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from Montana State University—Billings, a Master’s degree in Criminal Justice Science from Roger Williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island,

Andrea Parker

Andrea Parker hails from the beautiful valleys around Sun Valley, Idaho and teaches critical thinking and community development.

Professor Parker is the wife of Eric Parker, known as the “man on the bridge” at the 2014 Bundy Ranch Standoff near Bunkerville Nevada. Eric found himself in a volatile situation, with dozens of government agents targeting him and other innocent protesters.

In the face of this, Eric Parker positioned himself as a protector of innocents and prepared to lay down his life for liberty. He was indicted in 2016 and spent a year and a half in jail while facing potential life imprisonment. Two jury trials ended in hung juries and Eric has now returned to Idaho with his wife.

Andrea Parker made a name for herself as an online reporter during Eric’s two-year court battle. Her daily updates informed thousands of Americans about corruption in the federal courts.

Professor Parker now successfully markets a line of “Resist” products based on the iconic image of her iconic husband at the 2014 Bunkerville standoff.

Right On John

Right On John is the alias of a Canadian-born super innovator, master mechanic and inventor who hails from the Canadian Rockies.

Right On John teaches energy innovations, alternative energy, and the sociology of innovation.

Abstract
So-called “fake news” has renewed concerns about the prevalence and effects of misinformation in political campaigns. Given the potential for widespread dissemination of this material, we examine the individual-level characteristics associated with sharing false articles during the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign. To do so, we uniquely link an original survey with respondents’ sharing activity as recorded in Facebook profile data. First and foremost, we find that sharing this content was a relatively rare activity. Conservatives were more likely to share articles from fake news domains, which in 2016 were largely pro-Trump in orientation, than liberals or moderates. We also find a strong age effect, which persists after controlling for partisanship and ideology: On average, users over 65 shared nearly seven times as many articles from fake news domains as the youngest age group.
Did you not vote for Obama? Talk about a gullible dolt.

Nope. McCain and Romney.

You seem to be confusing the Trump cult with true conservatives.

none of the 3 are true conservatives but Trump won and is implementing some conservative policies...Romney had zer0 by the nads and backed off instead of going in for the political coup de grace...heck the other guy was a RINOs RINO and I know some RINOs who voted for zer0 instead...why cause a RINO has got to RINO.

Only 1/3 of U. S. Nationals can name the 3 branches of the Federal government. 40 percent believe Judge Judy is a Supreme Court Justice. 94 percent can not name a single Supreme Court Justice. 82 percent can name to whom Brad Pitt used to be married.

Ever interview some one from Princeton? I have.

none of the 3 are true conservatives but Trump won and is implementing some conservative policies...Romney had zer0 by the nads and backed off instead of going in for the political coup de grace...heck the other guy was a RINOs RINO and I know some RINOs who voted for zer0 instead...why cause a RINO has got to RINO.
You guys are the king of childish nicknames when you have nothing else to say.

I can’t believe I even bother with most of you. It’s beneath me.

Only 1/3 of U. S. Nationals can name the 3 branches of the Federal government. 40 percent believe Judge Judy is a Supreme Court Justice. 94 percent can not name a single Supreme Court Justice. 82 percent can name to whom Brad Pitt used to be married.

Ever interview some one from Princeton? I have.

You seem to have a high opinion of yourself. Yet you live in Waco.

You seem to have a high opinion of yourself. Yet you live in Waco.

I was born with the gift of wanting to learn. I'm one of eight percent who answered this question correctly on a long ago Mensa exercise. Are there any among us who has a fear of heights? I know math's simplest equation. I know the single characteristic without which time cannot exist. I know why and how an inch is different in Washington state than Oregon. I know when Congress will mandate Washington adopt the Oregon inch.

Yes indeed. I have a high opinion of myself. I also am humble and I thank the Great Father.

Abstract
Here is the problem with their work. Remember when Trump said Hillary "acid washed her servers" when they were subject to the FBI's investigation?

Fact checkers who we're told are credible said "Trump lied because Hillary's people did not expose the server or hard drives to any corrosive substances."

It's this lack of objectivity is the foundation of their work.

Here is the problem with their work. Remember when Trump said Hillary "acid washed her servers" when they were subject to the FBI's investigation?

Fact checkers who we're told are credible said "Trump lied because Hillary's people did not expose the server or hard drives to any corrosive substances."

It's this lack of objectivity is the foundation of their work.

Well, I’ll bet you’re misrepresenting their conclusions. Regardless, the important thing is the evidence presented, not the overall conclusions.

Righties hate fact checkers for some reason. I’ll let you figure out why.

Last edited:
Well, I’ll bet you’re misrepresenting their conclusions. Regardless, the important thing is the evidence presented, not the overall conclusions.

Righties hate fact checkers for some reasonable. I’ll let you figure out why.

You mean like Snopes, right? Bless your heart.

Gullible???

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 8:52 AM PT — Wednesday, December 18, 2019 -- Judicial Watch To Attend Hearing In Federal Court Amid Ongoing Discovery Into Hillary Clinton Email Scandal

Judicial Watch
plans to attend a hearing in federal court, which will decide the direction of their Hillary Clinton discovery plan. On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth will consider whether Judicial Watch will be allowed to question Hillary Clinton and her top aides under oath about Benghazi as well as her emails.

The government watchdog group will also be asking the court’s permission to subpoena Google in order to gain access to the private account allegedly used by Clinton and her aides. The president of Judicial Watch, Tom Fitton, claims they are pursuing newly discovered evidence in the case.

Judicial Watch hopes the hearing will allow the conservative activist group to uncover substantial information concerning Clinton’s deleted emails and mishandled procedures.

--- See the video here:

https://www.oann.com/judicial-watch...discovery-into-hillary-clinton-email-scandal/

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
Gullible???

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 8:52 AM PT — Wednesday, December 18, 2019 -- Judicial Watch To Attend Hearing In Federal Court Amid Ongoing Discovery Into Hillary Clinton Email Scandal

Judicial Watch
plans to attend a hearing in federal court, which will decide the direction of their Hillary Clinton discovery plan. On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth will consider whether Judicial Watch will be allowed to question Hillary Clinton and her top aides under oath about Benghazi as well as her emails.

The government watchdog group will also be asking the court’s permission to subpoena Google in order to gain access to the private account allegedly used by Clinton and her aides. The president of Judicial Watch, Tom Fitton, claims they are pursuing newly discovered evidence in the case.

Judicial Watch hopes the hearing will allow the conservative activist group to uncover substantial information concerning Clinton’s deleted emails and mishandled procedures.

--- See the video here:

https://www.oann.com/judicial-watch...discovery-into-hillary-clinton-email-scandal/
Oh great, yet another investigation into Hilary’s emails and Benghazi. Like we haven’t already beaten that dead horse.

And completely irrelevant to Trumps impeachment. You guys are the kings of deflection.

Oh great, yet another investigation into Hilary’s emails and Benghazi. Like we haven’t already beaten that dead horse.

And completely irrelevant to Trumps impeachment. You guys are the kings of deflection.

Hillary sold U.S. uranium to the Russians, Bill got rich for a speech, but Trump is in collusion with the Russians? -- Again, LMFAO :D:D:D

And if the horse has been beaten dead, then why is it being heard in Federal Court? :rolleyes:

instaGATOR can obviously clearly define the simplest of the seven components of critical thinking. instaGATOR gets it. This is not classical mechanics.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Hillary sold U.S. uranium to the Russians, Bill got rich for a speech, but Trump is in collusion with the Russians? -- Again, LMFAO :D:D:D

And if the horse has been beaten dead, then why is it being heard in Federal Court? :rolleyes:

Hillary didn’t sell it, it wasn’t hers to sell.
All former presidents make money on speeches.
I never claimed Trump colluded with the Russians.

What else you got.

All former presidents make money on speeches.
I never claimed Trump colluded with the Russians.

What else you got.

You're gonna get far more than you want on this issue, trust me brother, There's a reason I don't waste my time arguing with you on this.

What else you got.

Hillary, as Sec of State, set up and pushed through the sale of U.S. uranium to the Russians. She not only sold it, imo she committed TREASON in doing it.
Just like Hillary, through and with the DNC, ordered and paid for the Steele fabrication that was used by the corrupt FBI to spy on Trump, resulting in the Muller BS.

Much like Bill as President, with Hillary's help, sold Los Alomos nuclear secrets to the Chinese. That's what he should have been impeached and tired for TREASON on, not for Monica and his twice used cigar distraction.

DC is not a swamp,,, it's a CESSPOOL with no bottom.... o_O

And get ready for more bodies, because Arkancide follows when the chit blows up in the Clinton Crime Syndicate's face. :cool: --- JMOHO's of course...

Hillary, as Sec of State, set up and pushed through the sale of U.S. uranium to the Russians. She not only sold it, imo she committed TREASON in doing it.
Just like Hillary, through and with the DNC, ordered and paid for the Steele fabrication that was used by the corrupt FBI to spy on Trump, resulting in the Muller BS.

Much like Bill as President, with Hillary's help, sold Los Alomos nuclear secrets to the Chinese. That's what he should have been impeached and tired for TREASON on, not for Monica and his twice used cigar distraction.

And get ready for more bodies, because Arkancide follows when the chit blows up in the Clinton Crime Syndicate's face. :cool: --- JMOHO's of course...
I repeat, she didn’t sell it as she didn’t own it. She merely was involved, along with many others, in the approval of its sale by a Canadian company. It’s much ado about nothing, as even Fox admits.

The rest of your post is just gibberish. As usual.

As suspected, the place you get all your news from is just a mouthpiece for Trump. It hardly qualifies as journalism. It works on the less intelligent though.

https://apple.news/Ad_iZoXp9QPqw1oce_CBFmw

I think this completely crosses a line,” said professor Kathleen Culver, director for journalism ethics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s School of Journalism and Mass Communication.

“I would define one of the central characteristics of journalism as independence and here there is no independence. It is taking a source and bringing that source into the actual information gathering,” she said. “By making Giuliani a central figure in the gathering of information,” she added, “I think they’ve moved out of the realm of journalism

Can;t counter the FACTS, so attempt to discredit the source.

No reliable FACTS of your own,,, then throw confetti and attempt distractions.

More failed sophomoric tactics, from a dweeb Demorat. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT