ADVERTISEMENT

NM

If they win 1 game it will be more than Maxine wins
Florida quarterback Max Brown has joined the Gators baseball team, according to the official team roster released on Thursday.

Brown was considered the No. 3 shortstop and No. 10 overall player in Oklahoma in the 2022 recruiting class by Perfect Game, as well as the No. 157 shortstop and No. 500 overall prospect in the country. The same outlet named Brown to its 2022 Preseason First Team for the All-West Region.

Reactions: gatordad3
Florida quarterback Max Brown has joined the Gators baseball team, according to the official team roster released on Thursday.

Brown was considered the No. 3 shortstop and No. 10 overall player in Oklahoma in the 2022 recruiting class by Perfect Game, as well as the No. 157 shortstop and No. 500 overall prospect in the country. The same outlet named Brown to its 2022 Preseason First Team for the All-West Region.

Good for him, now he can actually maybe get some JV playing time and actually throw a ball in a game that actually matters.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Brown was a super-utility player at the high school level and reportedly saw at least some time at every position other than pitcher, according to his Perfect Game profile. While he is not listed as a pitcher, Brown reportedly hit 85 miles per hour with his fastball at a Perfect Game event in 2021.

He decided to try his hand at organized football in his HS Jr season. Brown was named the Oklahoma District 3-3A MVP as a senior after throwing for 2,750 yards and 41 touchdowns (to just 4 Ints) while also picking up a whopping 1,343 rushing yards and 20 rushing touchdowns (with ZERO LPF's) on the year. That season, Brown led his high school team to an impressive 13-1 overall record and finished as the 3A state runner-up.

Last edited:
If Max didn't play QB-dt, at 6-2 200, what other positions might he be able to play (with some good coaching)? -- CB - FS - Nic - OLB - WR - RB instead of just being a 25-2 HS dual threat QB.

I ask this because on his HS baseball team, he played every position but pitcher, but he demonstrated an 85 MPH fastball at a Perfect Game event in 2021, his Jr season in HS, so he might even be able to be a pitcher with some good coaching and given adequate practice time.....

But under Napier's fine planning and coaching, he's never seen the field except for some warm up throws in practice....

But, but, but,,, he might not be smart enough to pick up Billy's 6-7 playbook...

Yeah, but he was smart enough to pick up his entire HS spread/option playbook well enough to go 24-0 regular season, and be named the Okla 3-3A MVP in his 2nd year playing QB as the state champ runner-up....

In just 2 HS seasons, Total Offense: 27 Gms - 6,751 Yds, 101 TD's, 11 TO's, while going 25-2.
Just for fun, he also had 1 Tkl and 1 Int on defense, and he punted 5 times with 2 inside the 20.

JMOHO, to which I am entitled
, Brown not being used in his UF Fr season is on the coaches, not on his own widely demonstrated multi-sport athletic abilities and his smarts...

All that said, is it possible that he could be a total bust in every sport at the college level?
Yep it's certainly possible, but what's the odds that you'd bet on???
And I'd damn sure have put in the effort to find out long before now......

And what will the Gator Nation say if Mertz turns out to be as big of a wasted ship bust as Miller has been so far?
🤓

We've already seen ZERO TD's, 3-30 Miller in the bowl game.

Mertz had a 19-13 record as a starter with the Badgers and finished the 2022 season with 2,136 passing yards, 19 passing TD's and 10 int's, which produced his highest individual passer rating (52.9) as a starting signal-caller. He has two years of eligibility remaining, was sacked 23 times in 2022 despite leading an offense that ran the ball nearly 58 percent of the time.

Last edited:
If he throws 85 mph in the SEC then he wont make it out of the first inning. Maybe with you wanting to be his agent and if you know Kevin Sullivan or have his email you can put in a good word. I have never in my life seen someone so tunnel visioned on one person as you are with Maxine. Is he your grandson or are you a friend of the family? Tune us all in on why you have such a crush on ole Maxine?

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
If he throws 85 mph in the SEC then he wont make it out of the first inning. Maybe with you wanting to be his agent and if you know Kevin Sullivan or have his email you can put in a good word. I have never in my life seen someone so tunnel visioned on one person as you are with Maxine. Is he your grandson or are you a friend of the family? Tune us all in on why you have such a crush on ole Maxine?
He’s a shortstop, so 85 mph will get it done. If he was the No 10 player in Oklahoma he can play a little bit.

He’s a shortstop, so 85 mph will get it done. If he was the No 10 player in Oklahoma he can play a little bit.
85 will get it done throwing to first but not from the mound to home plate. He will get lit up like a Christmas tree. I watched a 10th grade baseball pitcher at my daughter's high school hit 83-84 on the gun consistantly. The Ole Miss coach was at the game and told his dad he better get to 90 mph plus if he wants to pitch in the SEC. Sounds like hes gonna be a reserve outfield player according to the article so more pine time in baseball.

Brown was a super-utility player at the high school level and reportedly saw at least some time at every position other than pitcher, according to his Perfect Game profile. While he is not listed as a pitcher, Brown reportedly hit 85 miles per hour with his fastball at a Perfect Game event in 2021.

He decided to try his hand at organized football in his HS Jr season. Brown was named the Oklahoma District 3-3A MVP as a senior after throwing for 2,750 yards and 41 touchdowns (to just 4 Ints) while also picking up a whopping 1,343 rushing yards and 20 rushing touchdowns (with ZERO LPF's) on the year. That season, Brown led his high school team to an impressive 13-1 overall record and finished as the 3A state runner-up.

You ever look at Engel's high school senior year TD to Ints stats or his completion % etc?

Little Tittie-T, there is much that you've never seen, with your head stuck that far up your ---.... 😜
His 85 MPH fastball was when he was still a Jr in HS in 2021, which is another fact that you seem to have over-looked....

I don't know Brown any more than I know you, but I see the stupid chit that you post, and I've seen Brown's film and his accumulated stats in multiple sports, so I can make the general judgments that I've made on you both.
🤓
(and you remind me of the dunnygoater dissing on Trask when I said that he should be the QB over xfers and FF, are you his favorite squeeze or a sock?)
And I've got your crush swingin' bubba....
😂 🤣 😂

You ever look at Engel's high school senior year TD to Ints stats or his completion % etc?
In fact, I've posted his stats here on this board in the past. You're just as dumb/ignorant as ever I see....
Go stick your head in a bucket of ice water,,,, feveredbrains....

But tell you what, why don't you give me a total run down on him, his competition levels including all of the 5-stars that he played against, so we can compare them.... Then tell me why he's a walkon instead of being recruited on a ship.

Of course, with Billy decisions so far, he may need to put Engel on a ship before he bolts too...

In fact, I've posted his stats here on this board in the past. You're just as dumb/ignorant as ever I see....
Go stick your head in a bucket of ice water,,,, feveredbrains....

But tell you what, why don't you give me a total run down on him, his competition levels including all of the 5-stars that he played against, so we can compare them.... Then tell me why he's a walkon instead of being recruited on a ship.

Of course, with Billy decisions so far, he may need to put Engel on a ship before he bolts too...

St. Thomas Aquinas plays some pretty good competition during the season and they made the state championship game that season.

Napier's comment - "I think we’re very much in a competition there for the backup spot," Napier claimed. "I think we’ve seen Kitna do some good things, we’ve seen Engel do some good things. Max is a little behind, obviously."

St. Thomas Aquinas plays some pretty good competition during the season and they made the state championship game that season.

Napier's comment - "I think we’re very much in a competition there for the backup spot," Napier claimed. "I think we’ve seen Kitna do some good things, we’ve seen Engel do some good things. Max is a little behind, obviously."

More defection with unfounded opinions instead of a straight up stat/fact comparison I see. Typical feveredbrains....
You've posted that BN quote repeatedly, like you think that it supports your own biased opinion.
🙄
Why do you leave out the rest of what Billy has said about Brown?

One, Brown didn't arrive until the summer after his Sr year for Fall practice. Just in case you're too stupid to understand that that's why Billy said he's a little behind. Timing of his arrival at UF, not his smarts or his athletic ability.

Billy Napier said he and his staff members though Brown might have been underrated in the recruiting process thanks to his baseball background.
(projected to be an MLB draft pick straight out of HS as a SS/Catcher)

"I think Max, when you turn the tape on, you can immediately see the baseball background," Napier said. "The off-platform throws. Really a natural thrower. A guy that is projected to be kind of a middle-round draft pick in baseball."

"He was 6 foot, 1.5 inches, 200 pounds on his (pre-commit) visit," Napier said. "Dad played receiver in the National Football League. Really a good-looking athlete. We think he has upside. He just started playing quarterback two years ago. And a good runner. The guy can make some plays with his feet."

Last edited:
Like I have said numerous times and it seems to get ignored if he is this second coming of sliced bread and bottled beer then why didnt anyone from the state of Oklahoma want him? Kyler Murray played both sports at Oklahoma and he for sure had his choice of football or baseball professionally. Maxine wont get on the field in either sport so you can throw out all these useless stats cause its not helping his cause. I still firmly believe he should be the manager on our SEC Champion girls volleyball team. He could at least get to touch a ball more warming up with the girls.

• Haha
Little Tittie-T, you're a total biased waste of time on this subject, so you will have to spend your time with the feveredbrains, each with your hands in the other guys pocket. Now yawl have fun now, ya-hear....

And I've got your crush swingin' bubba.... 😂 🤣 😂
The way you gush over Max makes me wonder which way you DO swing??????????????? You keep YOUR hand out of Max's pocket so you wont keep playing pocket pool with him or what ever the hell yawl got goin on?

Last edited:
Brown might surprise people if given a chance this year Insta but I think the 3 star rating was because a lot of his stats were made kind of easy.
So feveredbrains, are you now admitting that BN is incompetent as a HC and as a recruiter???? 😲

"Brown might have been underrated in the recruiting process"
Billy agrees with me on the BS 3-star rating.

"I think Max, when you turn the tape on, the off-platform throws.
Really a natural thrower.

Billy agrees with me after watching Brown's film.

"We think he has upside. He just started playing quarterback two years ago.
And a good runner. The guy can make some plays with his feet."

Billy agrees with me on his pass/run dual threat abilities.

Little Tittie-T, you can continue to wander and wonder, it's about all you seem to be good at...
😁

So, I think that both you and Tittie-T are FoS, biased, or just being your usual obnoxious wastes of time selves... 🙄

So feveredbrains, are you now admitting that BN is incompetent as a HC and as a recruiter???? 😲

Little Tittie-T, you can continue to wander and wonder, it's about all you seem to be good at... 😁

So, I think that both you and Tittie-T are FoS, biased, or just being your usual obnoxious wastes of time selves... 🙄
Isnt it past your bedtime papaw?

Little Tittie-T, you can continue to wander and wonder, it's about all you seem to be good at... 😁

So you agree that he was behind the curve and has a lot to learn according to the coach. Engel isn't just going to lay down and give up his spot in the pecking order either. Engel was taking live game snaps in the Swamp while Brown was still studying the playback this past season.

So feveredbrains, are you now admitting that BN is incompetent as a HC and as a recruiter?

A recruiter? Before Napier arrived, Cousin Eddie was too much of a coward to show up at the campus of IMG Academy. It's been said many times Mullen was a lazy recruiter as well as a coach who refused to discipline players such as Marco Wilson, but keep cherishing those Mullen classes that started at 10-12 but ended up 8-10 rankings lower because of non qualifiers.
Here's another Mullen tidbit, high school coaches the state of Florida labeled your boy as a weirdo.

It's the case for all of them,,, "You are what your RECORD says you are...."

Max Brown's 2 years playing QB was 25-2, both losses coming in state championship playoff games. His Sr season he was the state champ runner-up, and the 3A MVP over the state champs QB.

Billy 2022 record was 6-7 with an embarrassing 3-30 loss to LAC-12 Ore-St,
and Billy chose to not play Brown for even a single series in the bowl....

Last edited:
Instead of re-posting everything in the Harsh QB thread, we can just re-visit this tread instead.... 🤓

"The biggest thing that jumps out to you when watching Brown's film is his athletic ability. He regularly extends plays and finds receivers down the field or take off for chunks of yards with his legs, (that's a real bonus if you don't have a top OL). Brown has shown the ability to put touch on passes to the sideline and put the ball exactly where his receiver can make a clean play on the ball."

Fever, Billy said that his football under-rating was likely due to him playing baseball until his Jr season, not because of your idiot speculation on the quality of his HS football opponents.
=====

While Max isn’t a burner by any means, he has adequate speed and elusiveness to make things happen with the ball in his hands. That is evident by his 1,343 yards 7.1 YPC, and 20 TD's to ZERO LPF's rushing during his senior season. (that's 5-star RB numbers imo)
>>> Engel's HS career rushing stat was minus YPC with ZERO TD's.

Brown is a solid QB prospect that seems to have fallen through the cracks as far as rankings and scouting goes. While he isn’t outstanding at any one thing, he does everything really well (in football and baseball). And he excels at the most important part for a QB, accuracy. You don’t just luck your way into a 71 percent completion percentage and it wasn’t just a one-year fluke because he was over 70 percent his junior year as well. Nonetheless, Brown is an impressive eval by Billy Napier and Florida's coaching staff, identifying him late in the cycle and making a strong push.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ruiting-max-brown-quarterback-scouting-report

I keep looking for Tittie-T's claim of short fat kids on his opponents defenses, but I've yet to find any???

Last edited:
Instead of re-posting everything in the Harsh QB thread, we can just re-visit this tread instead.... 🤓

"The biggest thing that jumps out to you when watching Brown's film is his athletic ability. He regularly extends plays and finds receivers down the field or take off for chunks of yards with his legs, (that's a real bonus if you don't have a top OL). Brown has shown the ability to put touch on passes to the sideline and put the ball exactly where his receiver can make a clean play on the ball."

Fever, Billy said that his football under-rating was likely due to him playing baseball until his Jr season, not because of your idiot speculation on the quality of his HS football opponents.
=====

While Max isn’t a burner by any means, he has adequate speed and elusiveness to make things happen with the ball in his hands. That is evident by his 1,343 yards 7.1 YPC, and 20 TD's to ZERO LPF's rushing during his senior season. (that's 5-star RB numbers imo)

Brown is a solid QB prospect that seems to have fallen through the cracks as far as rankings and scouting goes. While he isn’t outstanding at any one thing, he does everything really well (in football and baseball). And he excels at the most important part for a QB, accuracy. You don’t just luck your way into a 71 percent completion percentage and it wasn’t just a one-year fluke because he was over 70 percent his junior year as well. Nonetheless, Brown is an impressive eval by Billy Napier and Florida's coaching staff, identifying him late in the cycle and making a strong push.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ruiting-max-brown-quarterback-scouting-report

I keep looking for Tittie-T's claim of short fat kids on his opponents defenses, but I've yet to find any???

You're beating the drum for Max Brown like you did for Kyle Trask. You turned out to be right about Trask. Time will tell about Brown. But gotta give you props for sticking to your guns in the face of much opposition. Bob Seger would be proud - Against The Wind.

=====

I like Brown. I would love to see him in action. His highlights look really good.

I like Brown. I would love to see him in action. His highlights look really good.
Yep CG1, there's no way to know for sure before he gets some real playing time, but I'd make a money bet on him (a rare occurrence for me) to be better than anyone else currently on the QB roster...

Yep CG1, there's no way to know for sure before he gets some real playing time, but I'd make a money bet on him (a rare occurrence for me) to be better than anyone else currently on the QB roster...

Unlike Trask he wasn't the backup in high school and got a bunch of playing time and no other big schools were after him for the most part. You never know but the chance of a Trask situation happening if he learns the playbook this season is probably pretty low.

• Haha
Unlike Trask he wasn't the backup in high school and got a bunch of playing time and no other big schools were after him for the most part. You never know but the chance of a Trask situation happening if he learns the playbook this season is probably pretty low.

Fever, he never played organized football until his Jr year in HS, he had instead concentrated on playing baseball, where he was projected to go MLB out of HS.

He just walked on the field and instantly won the starting job as a duel threat QB.
Since he went 12-0 his Jr season, he can obviously learn a playbook quickly with a good coach, which is demonstrated by his 1st year Jr stats, per Max Preps:
P - 88 of 121 72.7% for 1,666 Yds, 18.9 Ave, 27 TD's to 6 Ints, QBR 133.7
R - 154 for 992 Yds, 6.4 YPC, 13 TD's, 1 LPF -- 40 TD's to 7 TO's

And he got even better in his 2nd year, finishing up as the State Champ runner-up and 3A MVP over the State Champ's QB.

Should we judge him by who didn't recruit him, or by who went after him and got him to flip to UF?
Because that makes Billy and his staff either really smart, or really dumb.

So which is it?

Fever, he never played organized football until his Jr year in HS, he had instead concentrated on playing baseball, where he was projected to go MLB out of HS.

He just walked on the field and instantly won the starting job as a duel threat QB.
Since he went 12-0 his Jr season, he can obviously learn a playbook quickly with a good coach, which is demonstrated by his 1st year Jr stats, per Max Preps:
P - 88 of 121 72.7% for 1,666 Yds, 18.9 Ave, 27 TD's to 6 Ints, QBR 133.7
R - 154 for 992 Yds, 6.4 YPC, 13 TD's, 1 LPF -- 40 TD's to 7 TO's

And he got even better in his 2nd year, finishing up as the State Champ runner-up and 3A MVP over the State Champ's QB.

Should we judge him by who didn't recruit him, or by who went after him and got him to flip to UF?

So which is it?

How was he projected MLB out of high school when he is expected to be a reserve level player at UF? You mean a single A player that receives hardly any bonus basically? 2 years is plenty of film for college football evaluators. There is a chance he shocks everyone but those situations dont happen too often. It didn't have to be a smart move or not with the spots we had on the roster.

• Haha
Responding to the drivel coming out of that SDS article....

"With the portal closed, the only potential head-turner that Florida could add to compete this spring would be someone like Sam Huard. The former 5-star quarterback entered the portal after Michael Penix Jr. announced his return to Washington. Huard had 4 interceptions on 42 pass attempts in scattered work as a true freshman, and once Penix arrived in 2022 with first-year coach Kalen DeBoer, Huard had even fewer opportunities."
> While Max Brown threw for 71.1%, 41 TD's to 4 Ints in his entire Sr season. If Billy can't get Max back from O'Sul for Spring ball, then ...... 😠

"That’s why it’s hard to assume that Mertz is going to step in and become the solid, reliable SEC starter that Florida needs to take that next step (52.9% 19 TD's, 10 Ints, plus 23 Sacks). Hopes are pinned on him being wildly misused by Paul Chryst’s staff at Wisconsin, and that Napier can find the remedy." 😂
Like he helped with Heisman hopeful AR-15??? 🤓

"Now, the plan appears to be rebuilding Mertz or banking on Miller moving past the bowl game performance and showing that he can be a viable signal-caller with a full roster. Neither one of those sound like enticing options, but for now, that’s reality."
IF so, then Gloom, despairrr, pain and Ag-Go-Knee.....

As is usual for you, you spew out ignorant drivel and biased unfounded opinion (he's to dumb to pick up Billy's HS level offense), while refusing to answer my simple question....

So which is it?

And are you now saying that you believe that either Mertz or Miller are better options than Brown is for 2023?
If so,,, then LMFAO
🤣 at you once again....

Those that like to Diss on Max here need to take it to the Gator's current HC and staff.

Napier said during his 2022 press conference on that he likes the upside for Brown.

“We’re very fortunate to add really two good quarterbacks to the 2022 class, and certainly I think Max, when you turn the tape on, you can immediately see the baseball background,” Napier said, “The off-platform throws. Really a natural thrower. A guy that is projected to be kind of a middle-round draft pick in baseball."

“He was 6-foot-1.5 inches, 200 pounds on his visit. Dad played WR with the NFL Atlanta Falcons. Really a good-looking athlete. We think he has upside. He just started playing quarterback two years ago. And he's a good runner. The guy can make some plays with his feet.”

71.1%, 41 TD's, 4 Ints + 7.1 YPC, 20 TD's, 0 LPF'
Combined for 4,000+ Yds, 61 TD's to 4 turnovers....

They will just hope Brown is able to develop into a valid one, and Napier certainly thinks that will be the case. “We were able to go out to his school, observe him and were very impressed,” Napier said. “So there’s some pedigree there. The guy’s a winner. I’ve been impressed with his leadership skills. And I think his best football is in front of him.”

Not my words, they're his. So, is Billy really smart, or really STU-PID???

As is usual for you, you spew out ignorant drivel and biased unfounded opinion (he's to dumb to pick up Billy's HS level offense), while refusing to answer my simple question....

And are you now saying that you believe that either Mertz or Miller are better options than Brown is for 2023?
If so,,, then LMFAO
🤣 at you once again....

I didn't say he was slow it was the coach that said he was behind the curve on stuff and placed him behind zero interceptions HS senior season Broward All Star Kyle Engle who he talked up for pushing for the backup QB job.

Alright Insta who do see first in a game this season - Engel or Brown?

An 85 mph fastball and a backup job in college doesn't make a mid round MLB pick.

• Haha
Take it up with the guy that all of those quotes came from, I'm worn out from bitch-slappin' your constant feveredbrain idiocy.... 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: Gator Fever
Take it up with the guy that all of those quotes came from, I'm worn out from bitch-slappin' your constant feveredbrain idiocy.... 🙄

Over 3,000 total yards despite being yanked at halftime most games. 74% completion rate. 28 TD on the limited playing time and nearly 10 yards per carry when running the ball.

• Haha
I think some are forgetting we also had the qb from Georgia last year who tragically passed away in Shands I think.

That was crazy. Wasn't he on a recruiting visit or something? Never woke up after some medical procedure I think they said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT