ADVERTISEMENT

NM

I'm all in with throwing Rashada to the dogs and let him take his lumps and learn. He is a baller and his tape shows what he can do and just led his high school to a state championship. Maybe he is the next Chris Leak, Leak began his career at Florida as a freshman, seeing playing time in the first few games, and taking over as the starter in the game against the Kentucky Wildcats. Leak finished his freshman year with a Southeastern Conference (SEC) record for a freshman, posting a 6–3 record as a starter, including wins over the eventual national champion LSU Tigers and the rival Georgia Bulldogs. Leak was named to the SEC All-Freshman Team and Rivals.com's Freshman All-America Team

Always misses the obvious....

Max Brown - 21-22 - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 0 LPF's
(Passing - QBR 142.6, 71.1%, 41 TD's, 4 Ints) - Tulsa, OK
~~ The only true dual threat of the 4 that I've listed the stats for....

Jaden Rashada 22-23 - 68 for 419 yds, 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's, 1 LPF
(Passing - QBR 107.3, 62.4%, 32 TD's, 13 Ints) - Pittsburg, CA

Always misses the obvious....

Max Brown - 21-22 - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 0 LPF's
(Passing - QBR 142.6, 71.1%, 41 TD's, 4 Ints) - Tulsa, OK
~~ The only true dual threat of the 4 that I've listed the stats for....

Jaden Rashada 22-23 - 68 for 419 yds, 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's, 1 LPF
(Passing - QBR 107.3, 62.4%, 32 TD's, 13 Ints) - Pittsburg, CA
Rashada numbers since you can copy and paste every damn thing you do. I thought I would give it a try.

High school: Pittsburg (Calif.) High

Size: 6-foot-4, 185 pounds

Career stats: 339-of-565 (60%), 4,883 yards, 63 touchdowns, 19 interceptions, 70 rushes, 420 rushing yards, five rushing touchdown

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Would be hard for Rashada to come in and start yr 1, especially at the beginning of the season.

Would be hard for Rashada to come in and start yr 1, especially at the beginning of the season.
Chris Leak, Leak began his career at Florida as a freshman, seeing playing time in the first few games, and taking over as the starter in the game against the Kentucky Wildcats. Leak finished his freshman year with a Southeastern Conference (SEC) record for a freshman, posting a 6–3 record as a starter, including wins over the eventual national champion LSU Tigers and the rival Georgia Bulldogs. Throw Jaden into the fire and Let's Go!!!!!

Reactions: Gator Fever
There is absolutely 0.0% chance that Florida beats Utah in Utah to open the season next season…regardless of who the quarterback is.

That will be loss number 1…

0652fad6-b904-475c-8745-625c53fa8f3c_text.gif

• Wow
There is absolutely 0.0% chance that Florida beats Utah in Utah to open the season next season…regardless of who the quarterback is.

That will be loss number 1…

0652fad6-b904-475c-8745-625c53fa8f3c_text.gif

I wouldn't 100% rule it out if they are losing that QB and other key players and McCall comes here.

Well we picked up the kid from Wisconsin. At least he has a ton of power 5 experience.

11523193.jpeg

He takes a lot of sacks and has a low passing yards total from being there with interceptions. This is what we get for being such a nerdy school now. The really rich boosters don't want to play the game like some other SEC school boosters I guess. They should have paid up for McCall imo.

Not gonna lie.... A week/10 days ago we had a "Mertz to UK" thread on our board that went to 5-6 pages. Our fan base was split over Mertz, although perhaps slightly in favor of him coming if no better option popped up. Fortunately we were somehow able to get Devin Leary on board, which most UK folks are pretty excited about.

An Iowa poster who frequents our board and knows the B1G fairly well characterized Mertz as "Good" but also inconsistent as borne out by his stats. He'll probably do fine if he has a good OL to protect him, along with a good QB coach. Time will tell, although @gatordad3 assessement as an AR that can't run is probably not too far off the mark.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Not gonna lie.... A week/10 days ago we had a "Mertz to UK" thread on our board that went to 5-6 pages. Our fan base was split over Mertz, although perhaps slightly in favor of him coming if no better option popped up. Fortunately we were somehow able to get Devin Leary on board, which most UK folks are pretty excited about.

An Iowa poster who frequents our board and knows the B1G fairly well characterized Mertz as "Good" but also inconsistent as borne out by his stats. He'll probably do fine if he has a good OL to protect him, along with a good QB coach. Time will tell, although @gatordad3 assessement as an AR that can't run is probably not too far off the mark.

I am not expecting much out of him though I do expect him to be the starter early in the season since he has so much experience. In his good film he actually made decent short and intermediate throws unlike AR but it sounds like he gets shaky when things aren't going well sometimes.

I don't know if it's true or not, but a UK poster had very recently indicated McCall has some academic issues (?). As far as I know, UK never seriously considered McCall; we were focused on Leary and Mertz.

All I heard was Auburn didn't have his major so a lot of his credits would not be able to be used there.

I don't know if it's true or not, but a UK poster had very recently indicated McCall has some academic issues (?). As far as I know, UK never seriously considered McCall; we were focused on Leary and Mertz.
Somebody said on another thread that some of his Coastal Carolina school credits wouldn't transfer to Florida. Big difference in academics between the two schools apparently.

Somebody said on another thread that some of his Coastal Carolina school credits wouldn't transfer to Florida. Big difference in academics between the two schools apparently.
I have a lot of respect for Florida's academics as well as your sports programs. I'm not going to pretend UK is an academic powerhouse, but it's saying something if he can't get into Auburn. This is probably why there was never any serious chatter about him coming to UK, even though we had a need for a QB next year. The takeaway lesson here is that academics certainly do matter when it comes to playing college sports.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Yet another sad day in hogg-town imo....
Here's a pile of 'this, that, and the other' for ya...

QB-pp Graham Mertz 6-3 225 5.03/40
He's a 5th Year Sr with 2 Yrs of eligibility remaining.

9 Games as a HS Soph is all that Max Preps listed???
HS Jr Year stats listed by 247:

2018 - 238 of 382 62.3% for 3,883 yds, 51 TD's with Ints not listed???

For Wisconsin career numbers over 3 seasons as the starter:

5,405 yds, 59.5% for 38 TD's to 26 Ints and -21 rushing yards (sacks) with 8 TD's.... WTF???

Playing experience is only a plus if you've put up great numbers, not average or below.... -- And why would a 3 year starter at Wis choose to xfer to UF, or xfer at all???
2022 - 2,136 yds, 19 TD's, 10 Ints, was initially xfer projected to UK.
Wis W/L - 2022 6-6

In an article from the Wis. State Journal:
Regardless of your feelings toward Graham Mertz
now that he’s left the University of Wisconsin football program — responses range from good luck to good riddance — he’s the main character in a cautionary tale that should stick with us.

You may have heard that the Badgers on Saturday morning landed a commitment from quarterback Nick Evers, a highly regarded transfer from Oklahoma. It’s a big get for new UW coach Luke Fickell and his staff, a recruiting win that should fill fans with excitement and hope.

Fickell finds a better QB, so Mertz xfers down to UK.
But no, UK finds Devin Leary, so Mertz has to drop down even further to Napier, and QB empty UF....
🙄

https://madison.com/sports/columnis...cle_d0925c3e-b7d6-52c6-87d4-18825692d42a.html
=====

The current Gator WO Engel is a better QB than Mertz imo....

From a SI article: "Mertz is expected to compete with rising (😂) fourth-year redshirt sophomore Jack Miller III for Florida's starting signal-caller role in 2023 while elite class of 2023 quarterback commit Jaden Rashada develops behind the scenes. However, Mertz's starting experience should give him a leg up on the competition." ---> While the SI article's author (Zach Goodall) fails to even mention rsFr Max Brown (71% 41 TD's, 4 Ints + 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 0 LPF's).
=====

This transfer confirms for the iG that the Gators have NO QB Coach on the staff, so they must bring in a QB that someone else has already coached up for them,,, and then pray that it works out better for them than Miller has, (or Del Rio-Appleby-Zaire.....
=====

From an article in 'Wisconsin Sports Hero's' - by McQuade Arnold Dec 8th.

As he joins the SEC, Mertz will have his work cut out for him. Kentucky is scheduled to play Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia next year. With the addition of Luke Fickell, it was certainly hard to see a spot for Mertz moving forward. Talent was never an issue. The issue was consequently turnovers and footwork. Something that can be worked on in Kentucky. Mertz was always a great teammate and a great individual. It has been made clear that he will be missed in that locker room.
Once a Badger, always a Badger!

Gator Fans -- Doom - Dispair - Pain & Ag-go-kneeeeee....
😒

Last edited:
Very true ocala, but they desperately need a good QB Coach to bring him along and coach him up to his full potential.... 🤓
I think all of us posters agree with that, but I've read nothing about Napier even considering hiring an OC/QB coach at this point in time.

• Sad
I think all of us posters agree with that, but I've read nothing about Napier even considering hiring an OC/QB coach at this point in time.
Well, it's Deja Vu 'All Over Again,,,' with the HC/QB situation at UF....

Having Mertz xfer in is not going to improve the developmental process for Brown or Rashada.

Just like the Miller xfer in did not help the development of Kitna or Brown last off season....

Doing the same thing over and over, while expecting different results = Insanity

Reactions: seffnergator
Well, it's Deja Vu 'All Over Again,,,' with the HC/QB situation at UF....

Having Mertz xfer in is not going to improve the developmental process for Brown or Rashada.

Just like the Miller xfer in did not help the development of Kitna or Brown last off season....

Doing the same thing over and over, while expecting different results = Insanity
Hopefully Brown stays and we get a look at him in the spring. I do believe he was very underrated coming out of high school.

rsFr Max Brown 6-2 200 --- 71.1% 41 TD's, 4 Ints + 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 0 LPF's.
His Jr season he threw for 72.7%, so consistent accuracy, QBR 142.6

Fr Jaden Rashada 6-3 180 - 62.4%, 32 TD's, 13 Ints + 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's, 1 LPF.
The 62.4% was his best season completion % in his HS career, QBR 107.3
While the totally un-biased and not camp money motivated recruit ranking services,
🙄 rate Brown as a 3-star, while Rashada is a 5-star. (blind-stupid-biased?)

The iG is calling BS on their HS star ratings....
🤓

Were I BN, I would spend the Spring almost exclusively on seeing which Fr QB is the best for starting the 2023 season, and stop wasting time on mediocre xfer-in QB's. In the iG's OHO, both Miller and Mertz (the M&M boyz) are non-starter xfers for emergency depth ONLY.... (here's to hoping that BN doesn't repeat McLame's constant xfer-in QB mistakes)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT