• A/R - NIL jiu-jitsu ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
First, is AR definitely gone or will Napier come up with some NIL jiu-jitsu & an insurance policy to convince him to stay & play ?

If A/R is gone, Gators will be SOL for a passing game - which of the 3 QBs has the best "wheels" & can offer the most help to the running game?

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
2 of the guys that you mentioned I haven't even seen standing on the sideline this year and I watched all 12 games so I guess I vote for Miller.

2 of the guys that you mentioned I haven't even seen standing on the sideline this year and I watched all 12 games so I guess I vote for Miller.
Tebow,

Agree - but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Granted I could be totally out of touch (i.e. full of sh*t), but here are my thoughts -

1. Do we know if AR is definitely sitting out the Bowl game
2. Is Miller's thumb fully healed
3. My understanding is that Miller is a pocket/drop back passer not a dual threat / runner.
4. Miller did not play during the season & with his thumb injury, I don't know when he had his last practice snaps
5. In preseason, Kitna had to beat out Engle Martin to become QB2
6.. I don't think Napier will be able to generate any sort of passing game in 2 weeks - bowl practice rules of 4 hrs/practice/day & 20 hrs per week still in effect
7.. According to Spurrier, the reason he selected Shane Matthews as his 1st starting QB was because he was the only QB on the roster who could hand the ball off correctly
8. Brown may be a stretch, but If we don't have a passing game, then handing the ball off & getting involved in the running game are the most important skills our bowl QB will need to perform.

Is Brown the best ball handler & runner ?

Last edited:
Tebow,

Agree - but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Granted I could be totally out of touch (full of sh*t), but here are my thoughts -

1. Do we know if AR is definitely sitting out the Bowl game
2. Is Miller's thumb fully healed
3. My understanding is that Miller is a pocket/drop back passer not a dual threat / runner.
4. Miller did not play during the season & with his thumb injury, I don't know when he had his last practice snaps
5. In preseason, Kitna had to beat out Engle Martin to become QB2
6.. I don't think Napier will be able to generate any sort of passing game in 2 weeks - bowl practice rules of 4 hrs/practice & 20 hrs per week still in effect
7.. According to Spurrier, the reason he selected Shane Matthews as his 1st starting QB was because he was the only QB on the roster who could hand the ball off correctly
8. Brown may be a stretch, but If we don't have a passing game, then handing he ball off & getting involved in the running game are the most important skills our bowl QB will need to perform.

Man I have no idea but I guess we will both find out in 13 days.

Not knowing what AR is doing yet I would probably guess Engle unless Napier thinks Miller is coming back next season. AR needs to go ahead and announce what he is doing.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Not knowing what AR is doing yet I would probably guess Engle unless Napier thinks Miller is coming back next season. AR needs to go ahead and announce what he is doing.
Fever,

Agree

Don't see AR sticking around & chancing an injury in this abortion of a bowl game, but the sooner we know for sure what AR is doing, the better !

If Miller not coming back next season, senseless to spend time getting him ready for L.V Bowl.

With Rashada & the other QBs coming in, I think Miller needs to Transfer & get a fresh start. Again, we need to know ASAP.

I assume we are down to Engle & Brown for the Bowl game with Rashada taking over in Spring Practice.

No matter who the new QB1 is, I don't see us building any sort of passing game in 2 weeks.

We have a decent OL & running game, even without O'Cyrus Torrence - Jalen farmer listed as the next man up at RG.

To augment our run game, we need to take the first few days & identify the QB who is the best ball handler & runner & go from there.

Bowl game QB for the Gators will be extremely short term.

Whoever shoved us into this Bowl game, screwed us royally - NO TIME TO PREPARE !

We are not going to look good on Offense against Oregon State no matter who plays QB; doubt we look much better on Defense.

If won't be pretty, but we have to show up & do the Best we can.

Last edited:
Fever,

Agree

Don't see AR sticking around & chancing an injury in this abortion of a bowl game, but the sooner we know for sure what AR is doing, the better !

If Miller not coming back next season, senseless to spend time getting him ready for L.V Bowl.

With Rashada & the other QBs coming in, I think Miller needs to Transfer & get a fresh start. Again, we need to know ASAP.

I assume we are down to Engle & Brown for the Bowl game with Rashada taking over in Spring Practice.

No matter who the new QB1 is, I don't see us building any sort of passing game in 2 weeks.

We have a decent OL & running game, even without O'Cyrus Torrence - Jalen farmer listed as the next man up at RG.

To augment our run game, we need to take the first few days & identify the QB who is the best ball handler & runner & go from there.

Bowl game QB for the Gators will be extremely short term.

Whoever shoved us into this Bowl game, screwed us royally - NO TIME TO PREPARE !

We are not going to look good on Offense against Oregon State no matter who plays QB; doubt we look much better on Defense.

If won't be pretty, but we have to show up & do the Best we can.

Engle could possibly play half way decent as he did take a lot of practice snaps. Not much faith the defense will give us a good chance though. If they don't have many players skipping the game we probably get rolled though.

Right now my ABC channel is off my DISH package due to a contract dispute with Cox Media. This happened 2 years ago and that same station was off DISH for 5 months. I'm doing a free trial with You Tube TV and so far love it. Watched the conference title games Saturday on ABC via YouTube and was impressed with the quality of the video and audio. But with all the attrition and sitting out the Gators are going to have for the bowl game, plus considering that Oregon State is pretty good, the game could get ugly. But again, I'm horrible at picking games.

Engle could possibly play half way decent as he did take a lot of practice snaps. Not much faith the defense will give us a good chance though. If they don't have many players skipping the game we probably get rolled though.
Fever,

L.V. Bowl will not be pretty !

But it's just a speed bump on Napier's path to rebuilding the Gators.

It will build character & down the road we will laugh at it. LOL

The 40 players we take to Las Vegas will be tightly knit !

Probably the 1st time we have taken walk-ons to a bowl game ! Enjoy ! LOL

Last edited:
It will build character …
With all due sincere respect…

Beatdowns don’t build character…they teach your team how to lose…

Which Florida is unfortunately getting VERY good at…

If Florida finishes 6-7 on this season with OSU completely destroying it as sadgator expects…nobody can argue that this has been a successful first season for the latest “new” staff.

Who is ready and/or plays is BN's complete responsibility.
Everyone will know soon, if HE's up to the HC'ing job, or not.
After a 6-6 season, there is still considerable doubt IMO.

But hey, maybe he will surprise me yet....
🤓

As to the totally unused Tool in the Box.

2021 Rushing:
173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, ZERO LPF's

2021 Passing, accomplished while taking a pounding as a runner:
167 of 235 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 Yds/Rec, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 143.6

So IMOHO, WO QB Engel is the guy to play in the 'It Don't Matter' bowl in Lost Wages, NV.
Because he has at least gotten some coaching attention in 2022....
🙄

Hope we have enough players to make a team & play the game.

Players & Walk-ons will love Vegas !

Wonder if Billy will try to get some of the transfers to reconsider ?

Hope we have enough players to make a team & play the game.

Players & Walk-ons will love Vegas !

Wonder if Billy will try to get some of the transfers to reconsider ?
Why would he ask the transfers to reconsider if he told them they that need to look elsewhere?

Paco,

good point;

Possible some of the ones he wanted to stay are leaving - don't really know.

Guess I getting jumpy over how many are checking out.

My guess would be roster development is his main concern for the bowl game though I think he might let Miller start at QB even if he is going after another one in the portal.

My guess would be roster development is his main concern for the bowl game though I think he might let Miller start at QB even if he is going after another one in the portal.
Fever,

Miller would have to sit out a year if he Transferred a 2nd time, so him sticking not a complete surprise.

Plus with over a 1,000 players in Portal - a free college education - room & board, books & tuition looking better by the second.

If he plays well, starting in the Las Vegas Bowl may increase his appeal to other programs.

Reactions: grandhavendiddy
Fever,

Miller would have to sit out a year if he Transferred a 2nd time, so him sticking not a complete surprise.

Plus with over a 1,000 players in Portal - a free college education - room & board, books & tuition looking better by the second.

Starting in the Las Vegas Bowl may increase his appeal to other programs.

So Miller can't even go to a group of 5 team without sitting out a year?

sadgator listened to every down of the OSU-Oregon comeback game on the OSU radio network…don’t ask…just an odd happenstance. Those dudes are tough and hungry. They are likely going to curb stomp whatever is left of this UF team when it arrives in Vegas…
At least it's not UCF.

Oregon State is really good. Problem is they aren't loaded with NFL talent so they will have a full team for Vegas. It could get ugly just like it did 2 years ago when we showed up with 50 scholly players.

But hey, maybe he will surprise me yet.... 🤓

2021 Rushing:

So IMOHO, WO QB Engel is the guy to play in the 'It Don't Matter' bowl in Lost Wages, NV.
Because he has at least gotten some coaching attention in 2022....
🙄
Don’t you have a life?

Agree
Max Brown - If Max was good enough to award a Scholarship - he is good enough to develop !

Certainly Billy's failure to have a QB Coach & develop Max is going to bite him now.

I look at Urban Meyer & tOSU winning a B1G Title & a Nattie with Cardale Jones, their 3rd string QB.

Urban was the Master of Preparation - we didn't have a designated "Game Changer", but we had GREAT Special Teams under Urban.

2021 Rushing:

Engle, has at least gotten some coaching attention in 2022.... 🙄
Insta has a point about Billy's failure to develop every QB on the Roster.

Miller, even before his thumb injury, was not a great passer.
In the Spring Game, Miller went 13-for-23 for 121 yards, 0 TDs, and threw an end zone interception.

QB must know his receivers' timing & tendencies, that is why they work together all summer. Neither Miller nor Brown will have that knowledge.

By the time you subtract travel time to L V, we do not have the capability to develop any sort of passing game for the Las Vegas Bowl
Our run game is all we have & I think Max is the best running QB of the three we have left.

There is also the chance that Miller could get injured - reaggravate his thumb injury or just get knocked out of the game.

Napier MUST spend some time getting Brown up to speed - who knows - he might find a perfectly good player !

Reactions: instaGATOR
Ocala,

good article - thanks

Miller has taken limited reps since his return from injury and questions remain as to whether he may or may not be ready to go against Oregon State

Problem - this article points out Miller's deficiencies, but ignores Brown completely.

If Brown good enough to award a scholarship; he's good enough to develop & play - if nothing else a wildcat QB !

What would happen if Brown transferred now-before the L V Bowl - & went back to Shark Boy ?

If we get down to just 2 QBs on roster' at least Billy could find the time to Coach them Up - maybe.

If QB is the most important position on the team, why don't we have a QB Coach ?

Send up an S O S !
Maybe they could bring in Spurrier & Shane matthews to help the QBs !
Napier could do a lot worse - he already is !

Scared Money Don't Make Money !

What have you got to lose, Billy ?

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR
Not Richardson, he declared for the draft apparently.

I'm honestly surprised. What he's shown thus far, I wouldn't even consider him for a scout team, much less draft him.

It's hard to imagine how not playing another year would benefit his chances to get drafted, since those chances are so low.

Reactions: EvilWayz
Agree

Max Brown - If Max was good enough to award a Scholarship - he is good enough to develop !

Certainly Billy's failure to have a QB Coach & develop Max is going to bite him now.

I look at Urban Meyer & tOSU winning a B1G Title & a Nattie with Cardale Jones, their 3rd string QB.

Urban was the Master of Preparation - we didn't have a designated "Game Changer", but we had GREAT Special Teams under Urban.

Insta has a point about Billy's failure to develop every QB on the Roster.

Miller, even before his thumb injury, was not a great passer.
In the Spring Game, Miller went 13-for-23 for 121 yards, 0 TDs, and threw an end zone interception.

QB must know his receivers' timing & tendencies, that is why they work together all summer. Neither Miller nor Brown will have that knowledge.

By the time you subtract travel time to L V, we do not have the capability to develop any sort of passing game for the Las Vegas Bowl
Our run game is all we have & I think Max is the best running QB of the three we have left.

There is also the chance that Miller could get injured - reaggravate his thumb injury or just get knocked out of the game.

Napier MUST spend some time getting Brown up to speed - who knows - he might find a perfectly good player !

We really don't know much about Miller and a spring game isn't enough to tell you. Kitna looked bad on the few spring plays he was in on also. It is concerning though Kitna was allowed to play in front of him late in the season unless that was solely for an injury reason.

As far as Brown Napier just made a comment he had a lot to learn still which you would usually think means he is having true freshman issues. Brown will probably move in front of Engle in the spring.

Miller is still banged up. Not sure if he will be ready. I heard that after his finger injury that he got hurt again.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Miller is still banged up. Not sure if he will be ready. I heard that after his finger injury that he got hurt again.
Paco,

Your ears, as always, must better than mine.

Thanks for the info !

When we heard nothing about Miller, I was afraid of that.

Down to 2 QBs ?

WRs will need to practice their downfield blocking.

We will survive & run the ball down their throats !

They should just let Etinenne take direct snaps the entire game…if he is still on the team on the date of the bowl game…

It ain’t like the offensive numbers would be that different…
Sad,

I have been saying we would have to rely on the running game.

Why no mention of Montrell Johnson in your post ?

if Paco is correct about Miller being injured, looks like we are down to two QBs - Brown & Engle; need to have both of them as ready as possible & then see who plays best in the Bowl game.

FWIW,

Florida’s matchup with Oregon State in the 2022 SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl has been moved to 2:30 p.m. ET / 11:30 a.m. PT with the game still taking place on Dec. 17 at Allegiant Stadium, ESPN Events has announced.

Doubt anyone will know or care. A few sports bars MAY have it playing on an old 13" TV in the back.

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...bowl-moves-to-earlier-kickoff-time-on-dec-17/

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
They should just let Etinenne take direct snaps the entire game…if he is still on the team on the date of the bowl game…

It ain’t like the offensive numbers would be that different…
Agreed. He can't be that much worse of a passer either if we wanted to let him sling a few around.

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT