ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets fired first?

Norvell probably...they are both bad but Norvell is a lot worse IMO
Yeah. I think Norvell could be worse but I think he gets 1 more year because FSU is still paying Taggart and then would have to pay Norvell plus the new coach. This may be the last year for Diaz but he hasn’t played any ACC games yet. Theoretically Miami could do well in the ACC since the conference is so so bad and that could save him somehow but it would be fools gold.

People seem to forget how long Miami has been bad or pretty average. Do you know the last time they finished in the top 10 was 2003? Long long time ago.
True...was it '00 when they lost to OSU? Yeah a couple of years after that they have sucked. Coker was their last winning coach and he did it with talent that he absorbed if I remember correctly.

Yeah. I think Norvell could be worse but I think he gets 1 more year because FSU is still paying Taggart and then would have to pay Norvell plus the new coach. This may be the last year for Diaz but he hasn’t played any ACC games yet. Theoretically Miami could do well in the ACC since the conference is so so bad and that could save him somehow but it would be fools gold.
Agree. FSU is in a financial mess and can't afford to get much deeper. They've managed their money almost as bad as the federal government. They got in an arms race trying to keep up with Gator athletics and while they've made progress with the success of some of their minor sports and climbing up the Director's Cup standings, they still haven't caught Florida and have ruined their economic situation. They backed themselves into a corner by running Taggert off and locking Norvell into a 6-year, $26.5 million contract. They were paying Taggert $5 million/year. Norvell's buyout is 85% of the remainder money left on his contract, which means they may be stuck with him for awhile.

Agree. FSU is in a financial mess and can't afford to get much deeper. They've managed their money almost as bad as the federal government. They got in an arms race trying to keep up with Gator athletics and while they've made progress with the success of some of their minor sports and climbing up the Director's Cup standings, they still haven't caught Florida and have ruined their economic situation. They backed themselves into a corner by running Taggert off and locking Norvell into a 6-year, $26.5 million contract. They were paying Taggert $5 million/year. Norvell's buyout is 85% of the remainder money left on his contract, which means they may be stuck with him for awhile.
Is Norvell’s contract really that much?

I would bet Norvell gets canned first, although I do hope the Noles can beat Loserville this coming Saturday.
If they weren't in such a deep financial sh*Thole of course NorveLLLLLLLLL would be the first to get canned.
He and Diaz gets at least another season. FSU still struggling to pay off WiLLLLLLLLLLLLie.

Unless big time boosters really cough it up, FSU can't get rid of Norvel. Hell they are still paying Willie and probably Jimbo still haha
Actually...

You fire him, appoint an interim head coach, and just never pick a new head coach, say you are still "considering your options" for a few years. Would that be insane? Yes, but it IS FSU we are talking about. Crazy is what they do.

I think it was 2001 but you may be right and your point is very valid.
Yep. UF was on track to play in the Natty that year, Grossman was the best CFB QB at the time. Then the defense crapped the bed on the last game of the season against UT, due to a hurricane postponed game. Travis Stephens would still be running if the game had not ended, nobody bothered to tackle him all day. Hoke was a joke.

Yep. UF was on track to play in the Natty that year, Grossman was the best CFB QB at the time. Then the defense crapped the bed on the last game of the season against UT, due to a hurricane postponed game. Travis Stephens would still be running if the game had not ended, nobody bothered to tackle him all day. Hoke was a joke.
2001 wasn't a hurricane game.

9/11 postponed game. Not a hurricane.

9/11 postponed game. Not a hurricane.
Crap. It was muzzies. :oops:

lets-not-jump-rtmqwk.jpg

Unless big time boosters really cough it up, FSU can't get rid of Norvel. Hell they are still paying Willie and probably Jimbo still haha
And even if they do, who are they going to hire? They can’t get a top coach. They’ll have to just roll the dice and hope they can catch lightning in a bottle. And even if they do, that guy would be gone the second a real job opens. There is no white knight swooping in to save them

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
And even if they do, who are they going to hire? They can’t get a top coach. They’ll have to just roll the dice and hope they can catch lightning in a bottle. And even if they do, that guy would be gone the second a real job opens. There is no white knight swooping in to save them
Deion Sanders is waiting for that gig..

UT was hyping up Donte Stallworth and Kelly Washington at WR and how they could match up to our DB's. Hoke bought into it and had 0 gameplan for Stephen's. UT fooled our DC through the media.

Actually...

You fire him, appoint an interim head coach, and just never pick a new head coach, say you are still "considering your options" for a few years. Would that be insane? Yes, but it IS FSU we are talking about. Crazy is what they do.
Please do it, FSU, and they'll wind up losing their beloved Odell Haggins(sp?) to Miami or Georgia.

People seem to forget how long Miami has been bad or pretty average. Do you know the last time they finished in the top 10 was 2003? Long long time ago.
When was the last time Miami won the ACC? Weren't they going to dominate that league when they joined up?

Reactions: PacoGator19
What record would get him (Diaz) fired you think? 7-5 or worse

Last edited:
One of Spurrier's mistakes was hiring Hoke The Joke, referred by Bob Stoops as DC rather than promoting Bob Sanders(who was interim DC for the Bowl game), whose style was not much different than Stoops. I will never stop repeating this and this happened after the Orange Bowl game on New Year's Day in 1999.
That defense owned Donovan McNabb that evening.

One of Spurrier's mistakes was hiring Hoke The Joke, referred by Bob Stoops as DC rather than promoting Bob Sanders(who was interim DC for the Bowl game), whose style was not much different than Stoops. I will never stop repeating this and this happened after the Orange Bowl game on New Year's Day in 1999.
That defense owned Donovan McNabb that evening.
Forgot about that game. Just remember that loss we took at Syracuse. Don't remember who was their QB then.

Because I would get to laugh even more than I do today. I look at things though Gator glasses. Fvck fswho. I would never put real thought into who or what actually makes fswho better..
I can appreciate that. I do think of who might make them better bc I do so very much love them right where they are rn, much as you do. I agree that dionne would continue to make them a laughing stock

Reactions: frizo6801
Not saying that it will happen, but it wouldn't shock me to see fsu go the way of Miami. The arms race that has been going on is catching up to some programs and fsu is one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT