ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Carroll-Jackson building a connection with the Florida Gators’ coaching staff​

Offensive lineman Vincent Carroll-Jackson (6-5, 285, Harrisburg, PA. Central Dauphin East) picked up the offer from Florida after talking to the Gators offensive line coaches.

“Coach [Rob] Sale and Coach [Darnell] Stapleton offered me on Saturday,” Carroll-Jackson said. “

The offensive lineman who’s playing football for the first time this year plays both offensive and defensive line, but the Gators see Carroll-Jackson helping them on offense.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...ction-with-the-florida-gators-coaching-staff/

If you get a chance to get a football player named Vincent Jackson, you damn well grab him.

This link has a concise list of all the players who have left the program so far.

I counted 22 scholarship players from that list plus seniors Miller, Dean & Pouncey. Not sure if I missed anybody. That’s 25 players. So barely enough to just bring in a recruiting class. Still gonna have to have many more leave to bring in some transfers.

I counted 22 scholarship players from that list plus seniors Miller, Dean & Pouncey. Not sure if I missed anybody. That’s 25 players. So barely enough to just bring in a recruiting class. Still gonna have to have many more leave to bring in some transfers.

Yep this is a crazy year with so few listed upperclassmen and a bunch getting listed one less year due to the one time Covid rule changes.

Paco,

Since graduation is the most usual source of attrition - any idea how many not on that list will graduate ?

Some of them already counted in your 1st list -

The Florida Gators will host the Carolina Gamecocks on Saturday in their last home game of the 2022 season. The game will serve as the football program’s Senior Day, recognizing 17 players in Billy Napier’s first season in charge of the Orange and Blue.

Of the 17 seniors the Gators will honor, only four scholarship players can not return next season: Ventrell Miller, Trey Dean, Amari Burney, and Jordan Pouncey.

Clicking the link, AR, Gervon Dexter, O'Cyrus Torrence, & Chief Borders also seemed to included in the 17 Honored for Senior Day.

So 22 plus 10 more for 32 maybe 35 ?

Hard for me to tell; I'm sure that an updated list will appear soon.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...y-salute-to-service-south-carolina-gamecocks/

Reactions: PacoGator19
WR Traeshon Holden
WR JoJo Earle
WR Christian Leary
RB Trey Sanders
OL Amari Kight
OL Tommy Brockermeyer
OL Damieon George
OL Tanner Bowles
OL Javion Cohen
CB Khyree Jackson

A bunch of Bama players in the portal.

WR Traeshon Holden
WR JoJo Earle
WR Christian Leary
RB Trey Sanders
OL Amari Kight
OL Tommy Brockermeyer
OL Damieon George
OL Tanner Bowles
OL Javion Cohen
CB Khyree Jackson

A bunch of Bama players in the portal.
Fever,

we would have done dark & dastardly deeds to get RB Trey Sanders when he came out of IMG - but afraid he will be like Lingard with injuries.

Monday, Nick Saban provided an update on Trey Sanders, stating the redshirt freshman back will be out indefinitely after sustaining an injury during a car accident last week.

Sanders came to Alabama as the top running back and No. 3 overall player in the 2019 class. Appearing in four games this season, he is third on the team in rushing with 134 yards on 30 carries. Sanders seemed to be coming into his own in recent weeks and tallied a career-high 80 yards on 12 carries against Mississippi State.

This is the second straight season-ending injury for Sanders after he missed all of last year after breaking his foot in fall camp.

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/alabama-rb-trey-sanders-out-indefinitely-following-car-accident

WR JoJo Earle

WR Christian Leary

Both highly recruited; wonder what happened ?

Leary a slot receiver from Orlando, wonder if we will take a flyer on him ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
We are up to 17 players being dismissed and/or transferring.
Considering the rebuild task that Napier has in front of him, I'm not surprised at this number.

Coach Stoops fired our OC and RB coach last week. The OL coach was widely speculated to be fired as well, but appears to be safe for now. We have 9 players in the portal as of last night / this morning, 8 of whom are on offense.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Considering the rebuild task that Napier has in front of him, I'm not surprised at this number.

Coach Stoops fired our OC and RB coach last week. The OL coach was widely speculated to be fired as well, but appears to be safe for now. We have 9 players in the portal as of last night / this morning, 8 of whom are on offense.

Are any starters/2023 projected starters putting their name in?

Are any starters/2023 projected starters putting their name in?
Thankfully no. We had three WRs who played sparingly throughout the season, along with another WR who hardly even saw the field enter the portal. They would have all been fighting for limited playing time next year.

We also had a 2nd / 3rd string RB who is eligible for Covid 5th year decide to leave. We have a TE who started the season 1st string and got passed on the depth chart and hardly played by the end of the year. He also finished his SR year and decided to move on.

The previous two years Stoops has done a good job of having non-contributing players leave the program and picking up good players through the portal. This year promises to be more challenging.

BN arrives and most buy the line and stay, but 4 leave immediately.

Upon BN's arrival, departures:
WR Copeland
LB Hopper
LB Diabate
TE Gamble

Post Spring departures:
QB Jones
QB Del Rio-Wilson

One season later, they are now flooding out the door.
This could be either good or bad, depending on the reasons.....

In season dismissals:
DB Graham
DB McDaniel
DE Cox Jr - -> NFL
QB Kitna
=====

WR Shorter - Grad-NFL
OG Torrence - ED-NFL
QB Richardson - ED-NFL
DT Dexter - ED-NFL
---
WR Whittemore + (4-star brother Creed de-committed)
WR Reynolds
RB Wright
RB Lingard
TE Elksnis
TE McDowell
OL Braun
OL Mugharbil
LS Ortiz
=====
CB Helm
S McMillon
S Collier Jr
DB Wilcoxson
ILB Black
OLB Summerall III
OLB Reese
OLB Borders
DT Lee
=====

By my count, that's 32 out the door since BN's hiring.
Whether that's Good or Bad, is in each fan's personal opinions....

4-star DL sets decision date during early signing period, Florida in top 4​

Four-star Westside (Jacksonville, Florida) defensive lineman Jordan Hall knows where he’ll be playing college ball, but he’s not announcing his decision until Dec. 22, according to On3.

Hall has narrowed things down to four programs publicly: Florida, Alabama, Georgia and LSU. He’s already locked in with one of those teams but will be holding out until the early signing period kicks off to let the world know. The timing of this decision might hint at Georgia being out of the race — the Bulldogs will get his final official visit over the Dec. 9 weekend — but UGA currently leads the On3 recruiting prediction machine with an overwhelming 85.6% chance to land Hall.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/06/florida-football-recruiting-jordan-hall-commitment-date/

WR Copeland
LB Hopper
LB Diabate
TE Gamble

Post Spring departures:
QB Jones
QB Del Rio-Wilson

In season dismissals:
DB Graham
DB McDaniel
DE Cox Jr - -> NFL
QB Kitna
=====

WR Shorter - Grad-NFL
OG Torrence - ED-NFL
QB Richardson - ED-NFL
DT Dexter - ED-NFL
---
WR Reynolds
RB Wright
RB Lingard
TE Elksnis
TE McDowell
OL Braun
OL Mugharbil
LS Ortiz
=====
CB Helm
S McMillon
S Collier Jr
DB Wilcoxson
ILB Black
OLB Summerall III
OLB Reese
OLB Borders
DT Lee
=====

Whether it's good or bad, to me, depends on whether or not Napier and staff can replace the ones leaving with better players. This board is, of course, meant for opinions. But in the end what we all think doesn't mean anything. It's the results on the field that determine success or failure and that ultimately depends on the players they are able to bring to the program.

Whether it's good or bad, to me, depends on whether or not Napier and staff can replace the ones leaving with better players. This board is, of course, meant for opinions. But in the end what we all think doesn't mean anything. It's the results on the field that determine success or failure and that ultimately depends on the players they are able to bring to the program.
Spot on Ocala. After a promising 21-5 start in his first 2 years Mullen was 13-10 over the next 2. Again, will the new players produce more Ws.

It's the (6-6) results on the field that determine success or failure and that ultimately depends on the players they are able to bring to the program. (and coach up to SEC standards) --- FIFY
😁

Spot on Ocala. After a promising 21-5 start in his first 2 years Mullen was 13-10 over the next 2. Again, will the new players produce more Ws.

Of course the Rat's 2 year SCAMDEMIC and S-U politics had absolutely nothing to do with DM's drop off.
Of course not, that 'selective memory' is working at full speed for ya.....
🙄

His crappy recruiting did him in...maybe Mullen was inflicted with long covid and it impacted his ability to recruit?
Absolutely. Those 4 recruit classes that averaged a #11 Class were terrible, and who wanted to come to UF for the $$$ offered was all Dan's fault....
😂 🤣 😂

A ray of Good news !

If Dexter comes back same as recruiting a 5* DT

Can they split up AR's NIL package & keep selected players ?

Gators DL Gervon Dexter to Play in Florida's Bowl Game​

Gators defensive end Gervon Dexter will travel to Las Vegas and play in Florida's bowl game against Oregon State after declaring for the NFL Draft.

Despite his plans to go pro, Gators defensive end Gervon Dexter announced on Tuesday that he intends to play in Florida's bowl game, the Las Vegas Bowl, on Saturday, December 17.

What does "declaring" for the NFL draft mean ?

If he has not hired an agent; could he return to team ?

NIL jui jitsu ?

Line of credit at CAESARS PALACE ?

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...-dexter-nfl-draft-las-vegas-bowl-oregon-state

Last edited:
Absolutely. Those 4 recruit classes that averaged a #11 Class were terrible, and who wanted to come to UF for the $$$ offered was all Dan's fault....
😂 🤣 😂
Again, you are spot on. Mullen is to blame. When Mizzou and Kentucky have more nfl caliber talent something aint right!

Reactions: gatordad3
A ray of Good news !

If Dexter comes back same as recruiting a 5* DT

Can they split up AR's NIL package & keep selected players ?

Gators DL Gervon Dexter to Play in Florida's Bowl Game​

Gators defensive end Gervon Dexter will travel to Las Vegas and play in Florida's bowl game against Oregon State after declaring for the NFL Draft.

Despite his plans to go pro, Gators defensive end Gervon Dexter announced on Tuesday that he intends to play in Florida's bowl game, the Las Vegas Bowl, on Saturday, December 17.

What does "declaring" for the NFL draft mean ?

If he has not hired an agent; could he return to team ?

NIL jui jitsu ?

Line of credit at CAESARS PALACE ?

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...-dexter-nfl-draft-las-vegas-bowl-oregon-state

Good to hear that.

The roster is going to be completely overhauled and improved. Will that turn into better results or not I don’t know but I said that IMO worst case is Napier is Ron Zook and loads the roster for the next guy if he isn’t the “guy”. Napier is a much better coach than Zook as well.

WR Copeland
LB Hopper
LB Diabate
TE Gamble

Post Spring departures:
QB Jones
QB Del Rio-Wilson

In season dismissals:
DB Graham
DB McDaniel
DE Cox Jr - -> NFL
QB Kitna
=====

WR Shorter - Grad-NFL
OG Torrence - ED-NFL
QB Richardson - ED-NFL
DT Dexter - ED-NFL
---
WR Reynolds
RB Wright
RB Lingard
TE Elksnis
TE McDowell
OL Braun
OL Mugharbil
LS Ortiz
=====
CB Helm
S McMillon
S Collier Jr
DB Wilcoxson
ILB Black
OLB Summerall III
OLB Reese
OLB Borders
DT Lee
=====

2 offensive players and 1 defensive player will be missed off that list

Transfer Portal tracker. Good link.

This site has more info., including that Miami has had 14 players go into the portal so far, including big time DT Darrell Jackson. https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/college-football-transfer-portal-live-updates/FQFIaIGZcRdJ/?amp=1

Lagway commits today
Paco,

UPDATE

Where to Watch Gators Coveted QB Target DJ Lagway's Commitment Play the "Hat Game"​

Always wanted a top recruit to just walk out with 1 hat on his head & make a simple announcement - doubt it happens now or ever.

The top player on Florida's 2024 recruitment board is Texas-based quarterback Derek Lagway Jr. He is set to commit Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2.

Last edited:
Reactions: PacoGator19
2 Crystal Ball's have Lagway choosing the Gators today. They, also, say OT Caden Jones is going to sign with Florida, but are predicting that on 12/22 Desmond Ricks will pick LSU over Florida & Alabama and that 4 star DL Jordan Hall from Jacksonville will go to either Georgia or FSU. We still have shots at 5 star DL James Smith from Montgomery, AL, 5 star DE Qua Russaw from Montgomery, AL, and 4 star RB Mark Fletcher from Ft. Lauderdale.

And just an FYI, in case nobody has previously reported it - Josh Braun is transferring to Arkansas and Nay'Quan Wright is transferring to Georgia Tech.

2 Crystal Ball's have Lagway choosing the Gators today. They, also, say OT Caden Jones is going to sign with Florida, but are predicting that on 12/22 Desmond Ricks will pick LSU over Florida & Alabama and that 4 star DL Jordan Hall from Jacksonville will go to either Georgia or FSU. We still have shots at 5 star DL James Smith from Montgomery, AL, 5 star DE Qua Russaw from Montgomery, AL, and 4 star RB Mark Fletcher from Ft. Lauderdale.

And just an FYI, in case nobody has previously reported it - Josh Braun is transferring to Arkansas and Nay'Quan Wright is transferring to Georgia Tech.
It would be nice to get one of the kids out of Alabama. Hall looks like he's headed to Georgia. But we shall see.

Hall is going to UGA or UF. Nobody else is really in the race for him.
@Jeff from Jax
Have any of you heard anything about Cormani McClain trying to crawl back to UF? I also hear he is begging Corey Raymond for an OV now. There's talk of him even delaying his LOI till February as long as he can get out of Miami.

So now he needs to give us $5 million reasons why he's supposedly crawling back to us.

@Jeff from Jax
Have any of you heard anything about Cormani McClain trying to crawl back to UF? I also hear he is begging Corey Raymond for an OV now. There's talk of him even delaying his LOI till February as long as he can get out of Miami.

So now he needs to give us $5 million reasons why he's supposedly crawling back to us.
I think he is looking at Bama as well. He didn’t handle his commitment the right way though and burned some bridges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT