ADVERTISEMENT

What's the oddest sport you've followed?

When I was growing up we had one of those old c-band satelites and we started watching curling from Canada. It was actually a bit interesting.

But around 1999-2001 or so, I loved the X-Games on ESPN, especially their vert skateboarding events. It was really cool cause all the skaters were encouraging each other to top each other.

This was my favorite routine, from Bob Burnquist in 2001. Bucky Lasek had the lead with a 95, a pretty solid score. Burnquist had 3 attempts to beat it and he screwed up the first 2 attempts cause he was trying to do insane tricks to get a score high enough to beat Lasek.

This is the 3rd and final attempt, and he nailed all the tricks in one routine.

Roller Derby. Big Outlaws fan back in the 70s'. Racquel Welch may have influenced it a tad.

I’ll just place this here ….

roller-skates.gif

….. for discussion purposes.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon

I watched this for the first time last night. Arn Anderson has said they thought they were going to have a riot and be killed in the Omni.

Reactions: gatordad3

This was the first time I saw WCW. Had only watched WWF on Saturday Night's Main Event and some weekend show WWF had.

No clue who these guys were, all I know is Sting crippled Ric Flair and Flair sold his ass off and made Sting look badder than Hulk Hogan. I was hooked on Sting and WCW after this. I think this was Sting and Flair's first match, and it was the best IMO. That ending was amazing. Flair screaming outside the ring LOL

This was the first time I saw WCW. Had only watched WWF on Saturday Night's Main Event and some weekend show WWF had.

No clue who these guys were, all I know is Sting crippled Ric Flair and Flair sold his ass off and made Sting look badder than Hulk Hogan. I was hooked on Sting and WCW after this. I think this was Sting and Flair's first match, and it was the best IMO. That ending was amazing. Flair screaming outside the ring LOL
I almost forgot what the mullet haircuts looked like.

Ok we definitely need to up our game ITT. Wife carrying??? Toe wrestling LMAO

Tatanka means bison in the Lakota language.

Getting off the plane at Goose AB in Goose Bay, Labrador Friday morning, Mr. Irresistable Sweet Daddy Siki and his opponent were all laughing and buddy buddy. Friday night at the Canadian skating rink they were killing each other. Saturday morning they were all buddies again mounting their return flight to Toronto.
C'mon man. Erryone knows wrasslin is real. 😂

C'mon man. Erryone knows wrasslin is real. 😂
Yeah, back in the 60s' they aired Rasslin' on the radio. My next-door neighbor Mrs. Miller was an avid listener to the broadcasts from the Memphis studio WMC. One day she came running to our door beating on it as if someone's life was in peril. She was ranting about a wrestler named Tojo Yamamoto who had concealed his wooden clog in his tights and was about to strike the opposing wrestler with it. She was seriously wanting my mother to drive her to Memphis to stop this dastardly act. My mother just calmly said we can never make it in time so we should pray for that wrestler's safety. A few days later my mother was hanging clothes on the line and Mrs. Miller said: Our prayers were answered, Bearcat Brown is alive and well.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
My maternal grandmother (the white one) walked door to door in Granite, Oklahoma gathering signatures to add channel 11 in Fort Worth to the local cable lime up. Granite cable rates would increase with adding ch 11.

When my grandmother visited my parents in Lawton, watching rassling on ch 11 on Saturday night from the Fort Worth Colosium was an absolute must watch.

Lawton Cablevision bought ch 11 from Gainsville, TX cable. Gainsville microwaved ch 11 to Gene Autry, Duncan relay towers and on to Lawton and converted back to 11 frequency. KTVT 11 is now CBS and long gone from Oklahoma cable systems. CBS 4 in Dallas bolted to Fox when Fox was founded.

Oh joy!! Now the board's slowest can admonish me for "bragging" about having a white grandmother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT