ADVERTISEMENT

What is the Matches Malone Interest in Florida?

Always been a fan of high-paced offenses. Love Saban's defenses but have always wished Bama could have an efficient passing offense. We'd had hiccups where we did for a season or two, but we have been mostly 'three yards and a cloud of dust' on offense. Having said that, really looking forward to seeing what Tua can do and hope Nick doesn't keep the handcuffs on him too much.

Mullen is a good offensive coach and I think you'll be happy with the product he puts on the field. It's really hard to appreciate how little he had to work with at Miss State, his best players typically came from in-state JUCOs. Yet he competed against Bama, LSU and aubarn every year and won 8 a year.

Have never been a huge Florida fan but will be more interested in them now that Mullen is there.

Always been a fan of high-paced offenses. Love Saban's defenses but have always wished Bama could have an efficient passing offense. We'd had hiccups where we did for a season or two, but we have been mostly 'three yards and a cloud of dust' on offense. Having said that, really looking forward to seeing what Tua can do and hope Nick doesn't keep the handcuffs on him too much.

Mullen is a good offensive coach and I think you'll be happy with the product he puts on the field. It's really hard to appreciate how little he had to work with at Miss State, his best players typically came from in-state JUCOs. Yet he competed against Bama, LSU and aubarn every year and won 8 a year.

Have never been a huge Florida fan but will be more interested in them now that Mullen is there.
Before I take all that gleefully, tell me, were you one of the Bama fans that was saying, "oh, Coach McElwain is a damn good coach and you Gator fans will be pleasantly fine with him no doubt" when he was hired? Because there were Bammers saying that at the time because he coached at Bama for 4 years. Yet the Bama offense got statistically better after he left, no, lol.

Reactions: sadgator

Cool. sadgator respects Bama, but does not hate them. Hated Kiffin though.

Before I take all that gleefully, tell me, were you one of the Bama fans that was saying, "oh, Coach McElwain is a damn good coach and you Gator fans will be pleasantly fine with him no doubt" when he was hired? Because there were Bammers saying that at the time because he coached at Bama for 4 years. Yet the Bama offense got statistically better after he left, no, lol.

Yep, I was one of those Bama fans. And as soon as I heard he hired Nuss as his OC, I asked why?!?

The offense got better because of AJ McCarron. He was a wreck when McElwain started working with him in 2010, actually he stunk against Florida in 2010, which prompted the infamous "Settle the F Down!" tirade from Saban as he came off the field after an INT.

AJ took over as starter in 2011, and by midseason, he was starting to come into his own. Nuss inherited the coached-up version of AJ from McElwain. McElwain did a great job with McElroy as well, in 2008 he couldn't even start, by 2010 he was competing 70% of his passes and was one of the most efficient QBs in the nation. McElwain ran our offense to a tee, he did almost as good of a job as Kiffin did, and he was actually more consistent in his playcalling.

Having said ALL of that.....McElwain clearly stunk it up at Florida. I suspect he just wasn't ready for the prime time yet, which is why I said in another thread it will be interesting to see where he is in his career in 10 years.

At the end of the day, you guys ended up with Dan Mullen, who is a better coach and you're in a better position.

Cool. sadgator respects Bama, but does not hate them. Hated Kiffin though.

Kiffin always was and always will be an immature jackass. The best thing about Kiffin being at Bama is that suddenly the Tennessee fans told us he was a cheater. They denied it when he was their coach :cool:

Yep, I was one of those Bama fans. And as soon as I heard he hired Nuss as his OC, I asked why?!?

The offense got better because of AJ McCarron. He was a wreck when McElwain started working with him in 2010, actually he stunk against Florida in 2010, which prompted the infamous "Settle the F Down!" tirade from Saban as he came off the field after an INT.

AJ took over as starter in 2011, and by midseason, he was starting to come into his own. Nuss inherited the coached-up version of AJ from McElwain. McElwain did a great job with McElroy as well, in 2008 he couldn't even start, by 2010 he was competing 70% of his passes and was one of the most efficient QBs in the nation. McElwain ran our offense to a tee, he did almost as good of a job as Kiffin did, and he was actually more consistent in his playcalling.

Having said ALL of that.....McElwain clearly stunk it up at Florida. I suspect he just wasn't ready for the prime time yet, which is why I said in another thread it will be interesting to see where he is in his career in 10 years.

At the end of the day, you guys ended up with Dan Mullen, who is a better coach and you're in a better position.
Well, to be fair, we were humming under McElwain the first half of his first season in 2015 when we had Will Grier.......and then it all collapsed.......lol.

...it will be interesting to see where he is in his career in 10 years.

Please. Everybody here knows the answer to that...
tmg-article_tall.jpg

I don't give Mac or Nuss much credit for anything at Bama as those offenses were pretty pedestrian considering the talent level and the QB mostly looked good because guys were getting really open on play actions etc due to Bama pounding teams the way they did.

I guess living in Alabama for so long, and growing up with the Florida-Bama SEC title games, and the way Bama has built a program and dominated, I enjoy Bama and (some) of their fans.

I'm pretty sure Matches and I would have a good time grilling out and watching football.

It's nice to talk to a Bama fan that doesn't think we have to earn being their rival. We are not rivals, outside of meeting for the most combined SEC Championship games (including the first).

You would be amazed how many Bammer fans out here in Arizona feel the need to tell me without any prompting, that we need to build ourselves up to be relevant in their eyes once they see my Gator cap. I respect Alabama for creating the juggernaut of a program, however there was a time before Saban where they were several notches below us. We could have easily won at least three more titles under Spurrier if Florida State wasn't as strong in the 90s. Alabama is great for sure, but Auburn is not the same threat that Florida State was in Spurriers day. Heck the freaking steroid Huskers were a threat back then too.

I would argue that the 90s had double the amount of viable contenders as today. This is no shot at Saban or Alabama either, it's more of a testament to the declining State of Tennessee, Florida, Nebraska, Michigan, Miami and Texas, or Penn State's football programs.

Heck Florida State had an amazing run of like 13 years where they didn't finish outside of the top 5 in either major poll.

Alabama has arguably the greatest run in history right now. 5 titles in 9 years, four straight playoff appearences, three straight title game appearences. I can't wait to see if Mullen has the chops to bring it all down.

I guess living in Alabama for so long, and growing up with the Florida-Bama SEC title games, and the way Bama has built a program and dominated, I enjoy Bama and (some) of their fans.

I'm pretty sure Matches and I would have a good time grilling out and watching football.

Yep, Alabama and Florida in the SECCG just seems more natural, doesn't it? We're closing in on 10 Florida-Bama SECCG matchips, I think.

Appreciate the kind words, hope we can share that beer one day, probably at the SECCG :cool:

Reactions: Dannygator1989
The Red-turds have football (and the SEC record for NCAA cheating).
The kensucky mildcats have basketball (and the SEC record for NCAA cheating).
While UF is the ONLY school in D1 to have both titles in the same calendar year and season.

And UF virtually OWNS the SEC All Sports Trophies.
And UF has more total SEC-C's than any other SEC school.
And UF has more Student/athletes to make the SEC Honor Roll than Vandy.
And UF is the only school in D1 to have finished in the Top 10 National All Sports rankings for the last 34 consecutive years,,, but who's counting... ;) --- :D

I'm not real concerned about what any other school's fans think about UF, or my Gators... :cool:

It's nice to talk to a Bama fan that doesn't think we have to earn being their rival. We are not rivals, outside of meeting for the most combined SEC Championship games (including the first).

You would be amazed how many Bammer fans out here in Arizona feel the need to tell me without any prompting, that we need to build ourselves up to be relevant in their eyes once they see my Gator cap. I respect Alabama for creating the juggernaut of a program, however there was a time before Saban where they were several notches below us. We could have easily won at least three more titles under Spurrier if Florida State wasn't as strong in the 90s. Alabama is great for sure, but Auburn is not the same threat that Florida State was in Spurriers day. Heck the freaking steroid Huskers were a threat back then too.

I would argue that the 90s had double the amount of viable contenders as today. This is no shot at Saban or Alabama either, it's more of a testament to the declining State of Tennessee, Florida, Nebraska, Michigan, Miami and Texas, or Penn State's football programs.

Heck Florida State had an amazing run of like 13 years where they didn't finish outside of the top 5 in either major poll.

Alabama has arguably the greatest run in history right now. 5 titles in 9 years, four straight playoff appearences, three straight title game appearences. I can't wait to see if Mullen has the chops to bring it all down.

Bandwagon sidewalker fans are the worst. As you said Bama is on a great run right now, so we attract our fair share of idiot fans.

I will be very interested to see what Mullen's ceiling is at Florida. I think he can contend for the East and I think he can get to the SECCG.

Can he make the Playoffs or NC game? That remains to be seen and it will be interesting to find out.

Bandwagon sidewalker fans are the worst. As you said Bama is on a great run right now, so we attract our fair share of idiot fans.

I will be very interested to see what Mullen's ceiling is at Florida. I think he can contend for the East and I think he can get to the SECCG.

Can he make the Playoffs or NC game? That remains to be seen and it will be interesting to find out.
I wouldn't bet against Alabama under Saban, until I see somebody who can consistently solve that riddle. The answer remains.

I just presumed he is a know it all who can’t shut up. But he does know a lot so he’s not a bad addition. If he would stfu about Les Miles with Homosassie...

That riddle might be explained with their next NCAA probation... o_O ----- :D

I think the monster has grown too big, it would take a scandal akin to Penn State to bring down that machine. I am human above anything else, so I hope to never hear of a scandal like that again.

Unless Saban is running a Miami like ponzi scheme, I doubt the NCAA will enforce a thing. For all of our sakes, I think the best outcome would be Mullen being the man to lead us back to the top.

While UF is the ONLY school in D1 to have both titles in the same calendar year and season.

And UF is the only school in D1 to have finished in the Top 10 National All Sports rankings for the last 34 consecutive years,,, but who's counting... ;) --- :D

I'm not real concerned about what any other school's fans think about UF, or my Gators... :cool:
I thought Auburn owned the title of most probation ever?

Reactions: TennesseeGator
A real joy to see the circle jerkers with a new date to add to their little circle...
Amanda Hugginkiss is alive and well in Red-Turd town... :cool:

Reactions: bradleygator
You're weird.

Just so weird.

And extremely gay. No normal hetero man would make so many references about other men kissing or jerking each other. I guess his preferred lifestyle still isn’t acceptable down there in the swamp so he has to let out all his sexual frustration here.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Finally some clarity in the thread. This bama fan is just baiting the hook. Flush this turd

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT