ADVERTISEMENT
Apr 6, 2021
Six Sigma is a technique or tool that benefits individuals or organizations to minimize/eliminate defects in products and services.
Lean Six Sigma is a method that relies on a collaborative team effort to improve performance by systematically removing waste and reducing variation. It combines lean manufacturing/lean enterprise and Six Sigma to eliminate the eight kinds of waste:

Defects
Over-Production
Waiting
Non-Utilized Talent
Transportation
Inventory
Motion
Extra-Processing
green-belt.jpg

Why you should go for Six Sigma Certification?

Demand for Six Sigma professionals is very high. There are lots of job opportunities you can get after doing Six Sigma Certification. Even today demand for Six Sigma Professional of all level is increasing.

According to some business news agency data average annual salary for different Six Sigma Certification level are given below:

Sig Sigma Certification Level
Average Annual Salary
Green belt Certified​
£30,000 - £35,000​
Yellow Belt Certified​
£40000 - £50,000​
Black belt Certified​
£60,000 - £70,000​
Master Black Belt Certified​
£80,000 - £90,000​
Thus average salary here is between approximately 30,000 per year to 85000.

How many Six Sigma Certificates are there?

Six Sigma certification uses martial arts terminology in defining level.

For example, Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification means that person is new to Six Sigma while Six Sigma Black Belt Certification means that this person is qualified to lead individual Six Sigma project execution.

Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC) offers 5 types of certification.

White Belt Certification

Yellow Belt Certification

Green Belt Certification

Black Belt Certification

Master Black Belt Certification
lss-black-belt.png

More about Different Certificates in Six Sigma

Yellow Belt involves the basics of Lean Six Sigma.

Green Belt has a more advanced level, in the tools and approach of Six Sigma.

Black Belt involves the use of the Six Sigma approach, tools and often delivers major performance or efficiency transformation for a business.

Master Black Belt can do strategic change in programmers using Six Sigma. They can handle most of the Six Sigma-related work by themselves.

NOTE- White and Yellow Belt certifications involve a multiple-choice exam.

Green, Black, and Master Black Belt certifications will consist of a theory exam and practical assessment.​

What in the actual eff is going on with this board?

First Bender writes an introduction for a guy to advertise here, now we are getting these random marketing pitches.

For all you other potential marketers:

There are about 8 people on this board, all too cheap to pay 10 bucks a month to be on the main board. You aren't just barking up the wrong tree, you aren't even in the correct forest.

Could you give me a Six Sigma evaluation on this subject?
(I didn't want to waste a whole new thread on it)

In a new 247 Article:

Under the SEC's umbrella of "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives" shouldn't they also review the growing inequity in the number of non-minority football players opportunities?

Shouldn't the football team closer represent the minority/non-minority ratio of the general student body population?
🤔

It's long past time for the 'RACISM' on the football team to end, IF the true goal is fairness and equity to both races....
Or is Equity just another 'one way street' in application?
-----

I personally don't think that there should be any Diversity BS applied to any race at any level (players, coaches, Admin). Either we are all equal with equal opportunities, or we're not. Just like either ALL LIVES MATTER, or none do.

Under the Constitution, everyone should be equal and judged on their abilities, not on their skin color or any other superfluous consideration.

I must really not want to go to work today if I am rereading the 6 sigma thread. 🤣

Questions for OP:

1. Why is it 6 Sigma? Sigma signifies summation. Now Delta, that signifies CHANGE. Why isn't this named 6 Delta? You are, after all, changing the manufacturing processes for companies.

2. Why is it numbered 6? What are the six sigmas? If it has a number, there must be 6 distinct "sigmas". What are they?

3. If you are advertising salary ranges in English pounds, why are you advertising on American boards?

4. Speaking of salary ranges, you listed salary ranges but call them averages. There is no such thing as an "average range". An average is a single number. If you want to say that "the average salary is X and (assuming a normal distribution) 95% of all salaries fall within two standard deviations of X, which is this range of A to B around X", that would make sense. But you already don't know the difference between Sigma and Delta, so I guess that would be asking a lot of you. I guess this last one isn't so much a question as a rant, so let's make it a question. If you are working on the engineering of manufacturing processes, how can you not understand basic statistics?

I must really not want to go to work today if I am rereading the 6 sigma thread. 🤣

Questions for OP:

1. Why is it 6 Sigma? Sigma signifies summation. Now Delta, that signifies CHANGE. Why isn't this named 6 Delta? You are, after all, changing the manufacturing processes for companies.

2. Why is it numbered 6? What are the six sigmas? If it has a number, there must be 6 distinct "sigmas". What are they?

3. If you are advertising salary ranges in English pounds, why are you advertising on American boards?

4. Speaking of salary ranges, you listed salary ranges but call them averages. There is no such thing as an "average range". An average is a single number. If you want to say that "the average salary is X and (assuming a normal distribution) 95% of all salaries fall within two standard deviations of X, which is this range of A to B around X", that would make sense. But you already don't know the difference between Sigma and Delta, so I guess that would be asking a lot of you. I guess this last one isn't so much a question as a rant, so let's make it a question. If you are working on the engineering of manufacturing processes, how can you not understand basic statistics?
As I remember from business undergrad school, and that was decades ago, it has something to do with the summation of reducing the defects. Basically getting up to a power of 6 or something like that to basically guarantee that you have less than one defect in a million. That is what the whole six sigma boils down to, reducing your defects in your products to the holy grail of less than 1 in a million. I couldn't begin to remember the math but it is a mathematical formula using powers and summation to arrive at that, and thus why it's called 6th power sigma.

As I remember from business undergrad school, and that was decades ago, it has something to do with the summation of reducing the defects. Basically getting up to a power of 6 or something like that to basically guarantee that you have less than one defect in a million. That is what the whole six sigma boils down to, reducing your defects in your products to the holy grail of less than 1 in a million. I couldn't begin to remember the math but it is a mathematical formula using powers and summation to arrive at that, and thus why it's called 6th power sigma.
Ok, fair.

What does it have to do with Karate?

Had a consultant once that was a Six Sigma guy. He insisted we wasted precious time creating flow charts. Never saw such a waste of production than that.

Had a consultant once that was a Six Sigma guy. He insisted we wasted precious time creating flow charts. Never saw such a waste of production than that.
Did you ever ask him if there was a secret 7th sigma? There are a few on this thread who would like to know.

• Haha
Reactions: Nole-4-Life

Questions for OP:

I believe 1st SFOD-D (CAG) would have a problem with that, as they have dibs.

I believe 1st SFOD-D (CAG) would have a problem with that, as they have dibs.
Delta is a Greek letter, seriously doubt it can be trademarked or otherwise "dibbed".

If you mean "six delta", hmmm. Maybe. Need a copyright lawyer for that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT