ADVERTISEMENT

What has happened to the Mods?

PacoGator19

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2006
Most of the board and the threads have become unreadable now due to all the trolls and trolling and the arguing and bickering, etc.

I figured there are no mods anymore after seeing certain pictures posted for days. I remember the days just complaining about Driskel too much could actually get Gator fans a week suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
This board used to be well moderated.

It seems that maybe some moderators are more moderate than others.

If the board has very little traffic and is trying to compete with other Gator boards, one needs to lighten up on rules.

Doing a username database search on...%Nole% and banning everyone on that list is a good start.

Reactions: PacoGator19

If the board has very little traffic and is trying to compete with other Gator boards, one needs to lighten up on rules.

Doing a username database search on...%Nole% and banning everyone on that list is a good start.
no-no-no-very-bad-man-Babu-Bhatt-seinfeld-gifs-finger-wag.gif

My hope is that once football season starts up, and there are legitimate topics of discussion, we'll all go back to talking sports and ignore FSU#'s desperate pleas for attention. I don't really mind smack talk flying around from Noles, dawgs, vols', whoever, but certain posters make every thread about themselves (or at least their imagined internet personas), and it's uninteresting.

My hope is that once football season starts up, and there are legitimate topics of discussion, we'll all go back to talking sports and ignore FSU#'s desperate pleas for attention. I don't really mind smack talk flying around from Noles, dawgs, vols', whoever, but certain posters make every thread about themselves (or at least their imagined internet personas), and it's uninteresting.

Yeah, I have insta and FSU#'s on ignore but that only makes this board slightly more readable given all of the responses they get from folks. I feel like the ignore function should also screen out posts that quote people you ignore.

Monitoring of message boards is kind of like living in an HOA neighborhood. Some are fine and just want to maintain some semblance of decency. Others become like mini dictatorships where censorship and clamping down on every little perceived offense runs rampant. I'd rather have too little than too much. We can always ignore the posts than we don't like.

INdeed
I remember some hard ass mods back in the day ;)

Monitoring of message boards is kind of like living in an HOA neighborhood. Some are fine and just want to maintain some semblance of decency. Others become like mini dictatorships where censorship and clamping down on every little perceived offense runs rampant. I'd rather have too little than too much. We can always ignore the posts than we don't like.
I would just like some of the totally unnecessary trolling and bickering to be moderated a bit. It's a sports message board and half of the posts have nothing to do about sports. You have to filter through all the posts just to find something that worthwhile

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I would just like some of the totally unnecessary trolling and bickering to be moderated a bit. It's a sports message board and half of the posts have nothing to do about sports. You have to filter through all the posts just to find something that worthwhile

Let's have a 6 page argument on the pros/cons of weed.

Lol "plz save me". I send the mods christmas cards every yr. We r good friends. Im going no where. Jus becuz u dont like someone or an idea, doesnt mean u can get rid of them. This isnt liberal politics

Then y dont u post something worthwhile? Instead u create another thread thats not about sports. U r part if the problem. Not the solution. I have been banned and "punished" on here b4. I have great convos with the mods. They r some stand up people

Yeah, I have insta and FSU#'s on ignore but that only makes this board slightly more readable given all of the responses they get from folks. I feel like the ignore function should also screen out posts that quote people you ignore.

Hes missing out.

Man...what a night that was.

But nothing, to me, will ever top GG's all-time great trolling of, not just Bama fans, but everyone else as well, with the picture of the girl making the "loser" sign saying "she's looking at you <insert whomever was looking at its name>

Classic.

That was so much fun. It really showed poster behavior. Many people don't read anything in the thread at all before posting.

It was hilarious to see posters warning others that it's a troll, yet many still posted with anger and outrage because I "singled them out" for ridicule.

Reactions: fsu939913
That was so much fun. It really showed poster behavior. Many people don't read anything in the thread at all before posting.

It was hilarious to see posters warning others that it's a troll, yet many still posted with anger and outrage because I "singled them out" for ridicule.

I was a rookie back then but I remember seeing it and being like "man, GG usually just ignores me, so this is progress."

And the. I realized what you had done.

Reactions: GordonGecko
Most of the board and the threads have become unreadable now due to all the trolls and trolling and the arguing and bickering, etc.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz (panties in a wad yet again...) :rolleyes:

Don't you usually ask people who don't like you to put you on ignore?
There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

I'm glad you aren't wasting your precious time on me.

I'm glad you aren't wasting your precious time on me.

Geez this is terrible

And anyone not blind or brain dead can easily see who it is that always starts this chit in nearly every thread. I have decided to respond in kind with nothing but chit, to the chitters constant BS. They always start it, so it's up to them to end it,,, or not. o_O

And anyone not blind or brain dead can easily see who it is that always starts this chit in nearly every thread. I have decided to respond in kind with nothing but chit, to the chitters constant BS. They always start it, so it's up to them to end it,,, or not. o_O

Lulz, someone mentions they have Insta on ignore - and look who charges in saying he doesn't start this chit.... by immediately engaging into his reindeer games

Lulz, someone mentions they have Insta on ignore - and look who charges in saying he doesn't start this chit.... by immediately engaging into his reindeer games
Now, post your own intelligent reasons for not doing me the same favor that he's done me,,,, dog-poker?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT