ADVERTISEMENT

What does Mullen see that I don’t?

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Well myself and about a dozen of my Gator buddies who got together last night for a few after work drinks.

Mullen keeps saying the same things.

He’s got 2 good quarterbacks..
Emory Jones is his starter.
Anthony Richardson has been making mistakes when he’s been in.

STOP THAT SHIT DAN! What mistakes? Those long runs breaking tackles ? Being the fastest guy on the field at 6’4” and 240lbs? Those T.D. passes? How in this game you don’t roll the dice and go with the kid is beyond me. Is it his pride? I mean he groomed Jones for years and now he’s not playing all that well? Those ints. have been bad passes. Not deflections but B A D BAD passes. Will it be 14-0 or worse before he pulls the plug on Jones or stick with him no matter what? If AR15 comes in and lights it up will he still rotate them?

When Emory Jones is in the game Saban is going to stop the run, put his CB’s on our unproven W.R.’s and say beat me now Dan. 14-15 pt. Spread and I did a teaser getting it down to 8. I’d love to lose my money but, I’m afraid it won’t happen.

Alabama 48
Florida 24
With two of our scores coming late in the game. ( I almost put 52-17 as I just don’t see us scoring much at all )

Well myself and about a dozen of my Gator buddies who got together last night for a few after work drinks.

Mullen keeps saying the same things.

He’s got 2 good quarterbacks..
Emory Jones is his starter.
Anthony Richardson has been making mistakes when he’s been in.

STOP THAT SHIT DAN! What mistakes? Those long runs breaking tackles ? Being the fastest guy on the field at 6’4” and 240lbs? Those T.D. passes? How in this game you don’t roll the dice and go with the kid is beyond me. Is it his pride? I mean he groomed Jones for years and now he’s not playing all that well? Those ints. have been bad passes. Not deflections but B A D BAD passes. Will it be 14-0 or worse before he pulls the plug on Jones or stick with him no matter what? If AR15 comes in and lights it up will he still rotate them?

When Emory Jones is in the game Saban is going to stop the run, put his CB’s on our unproven W.R.’s and say beat me now Dan. 14-15 pt. Spread and I did a teaser getting it down to 8. I’d love to lose my money but, I’m afraid it won’t happen.

Alabama 48
Florida 24
With two of our scores coming late in the game. ( I almost put 52-17 as I just don’t see us scoring much at all )
If he has to pull the plug it will be interesting to see when he does. If Emory hasn't led us to a score and Richardson does on that 3rd drive that should be enough imo - no need to wait for a turnover.

Reactions: gatordad3

What does Mullen see that I don’t?​

Pretty much every single detail about being a QB in Dan's system I'm guessing....
🤓

As to the Gator's 'Unproven Receivers' in 2021, so far....

37 for 456 Yds, 12.3 Yds/Rec, 4 TD's, L-75

Copeland rsJr - 6 for 31.67 Yds/Rec

Henderson So - 4 for 17.0 Yds/Rec

Weston rsSo - 3 for 14.67 Yds/Rec

Wells rsSr - 6 for 9.33 Yds/Rec

Shorter rsJr - 6 for 5.67 Yds/Rec
-----
Whittemore rsSo - 1 for 18 Yds

And I expect that the TE's will become a lot more involved shortly.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the reason is the checks, protections, and those things..... it has to be... otherwise AR would be starting, he's bigger, faster, stronger, and throws a better ball. He has that "it" factor about him.

Pretty much every single detail about being a QB in Dan's system I'm guessing....
🤓

-----

I think we may have the TE helping out the RT a lot this game. That Bama LB they put there is a one man wrecking crew at times.

In Danny we trust! All my Gator buddies agree, he is the QB guru. He will unload AR15 when his clip is full

I'm guessing the reason is the checks, protections, and those things..... it has to be... otherwise AR would be starting, he's bigger, faster, stronger, and throws a better ball. He has that "it" factor about him.
No need to guess about it, Dan has already said as much in his pressor for anyone willing to listen to him....
🙄

In Danny we trust! All my Gator buddies agree, he is the QB guru. He will unload AR15 when his clip is full
ClintStoerner and Crapple both miraculous reappear within days of one another….hmmmm….

If ya’ll could get a hold of Bucanole, please tell him we are still waiting on a review of the FSU After Dark T-Pain concert from several years back…

🤓

-----

Against FAU and U.S.F.? That is unproven! 1 for 18 yards is proven? A.R.15 has the IT FACTOR! If Jones gets us behind 14-0 one being a pick 6 and we score on a long pass or run by Richardson what then? I think of some of E.J.’s interceptions and they were awful reads. Against bad defenses.

ADVERTISEMENT