ADVERTISEMENT

Well another shoe drops on COVID and vaccines

DCandtheUTBand

Gator Great
Sep 5, 2001
I would still get vaccinated. Pfizer takes in on the chin. Looks like Moderna is the best available. . JnJ still the red headed step child.

"
'No way of stopping the virus'

Meanwhile, the London Telegraph reported the delta variant has wrecked any chance of attaining herd immunity, according to a panel of experts that included the head of the Oxford vaccine team.

The experts called for an end to mass testing so Britain can start to live with COVID-19, the Telegraph said.

"Scientists said it was time to accept that there was no way of stopping the virus spreading through the entire population, and monitoring people with mild symptoms was no longer helpful," the British paper said.

Professor Andrew Pollard, who led the Oxford vaccine team, said it was clear that the delta variant could infect people who had been vaccinated.

That fact makes herd immunity impossible to reach even with high vaccine uptake, he said.

On Sunday, Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., who has undergraduate and graduate science degrees from MIT, spotlighted a CDC study that found only "limited evidence" to suggest COVID vaccines would provide any benefits to people who have been infected with the virus.

He said the admission undermines vaccine mandates..."

Last edited:
The Axios article mentioned

"What they're saying: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios...

Yes, but: There has been no data so far that has found either vaccine's protection against severe disease and death is significantly less against Delta, and the study notes that there doesn't appear to be much of a difference in complications stemming from breakthrough infections based on which vaccine someone got....
"

In Nashville 1/7 deaths are vaxxed. So obviously 6/7 are unvaxxed.

Conclusions.

There is no stopping COVID. Vaxxes lower your chance of death. We will end up with seasonal vaxes and everyone will eventually get the bug. There is no reason for mandates or lock downs.

Time to rethink HC as gubmint aint gonna work and Trump proved that private sector can ramp up and mass produce necessities.

Time to think about how to mass produce the equip needed for ICUs so that any bed can become an ICU. Gonna need more nurses though and they are not mass produced.

Get vaxxed if you choose to and its time to move on.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
It's pretty obvious the effectiveness of the vaccines is waning by the day. Remember all those posts bragging about only 1% of cases were vaccinated? Now its double digits and some areas are actually reporting 50% of cases are vaxxxxed.

Let's hope the chance of long-term affects from the vaccines is waning at the same rate.

I suspect 90% of the unvaxxed here would take the vaccines if that issue was off the table.

Maybe 100%.
I'm probably going to get vaccinated anyway. At some point I don't think I'll have a choice. I'm just holding out and trying to gather as much info as I can, you can't unvaccinate yourself.

At the end of the day when this all started I felt this was going to be the human immune system vs Covid. I haven't changed my mind.

I'm probably going to get vaccinated anyway. At some point I don't think I'll have a choice.
I have had to make some hard choices about my business, but decided I can change some things and not get vaccinated. Like you said, once the toothpaste is out of the tube, can't put it back in.

History will look back on this time and judge some of us very harshly for how these vaccines are being pushed down our throats.

I have had to make some hard choices about my business, but decided I can change some things and not get vaccinated. Like you said, once the toothpaste is out of the tube, can't put it back in.

History will look back on this time and judge some of us very harshly for how these vaccines are being pushed down our throats.
Morgan and Morgan loves some EUA drugs.

Just got my 15 year old daughter her second dose of Pfizer- no reactions thus far- of course my wife makes me watch this doctor on rumble. https://rumble.com/vkopys-a-patholo...se-jabs-do-to-the-brain-and-other-organs.html
This has been posted and responded to. Welcome if you’re new.

Bottom line is we really aren't totally sure exactly what happens to all the spike protein created, but most of it is likely dealt with by the immune system. Plus, Covid causes them too.

What he's showing is interesting lab study that probably deserves a research study.

I choose not to vax my 16YO and 13YO boys because the risk/reward doesn't make sense at the moment. That could always change. My 16YO is headed to Europe next summer, so I'm sure it'll be required anyway.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
sorry if already posted- My daughter's film class in high school got invited to NY- hence the vaccine. But who knows, maybe they cancel the film festival-maybe the spike goes way down again.

I would still get vaccinated. Pfizer takes in on the chin. Looks like Moderna is the best available. . JnJ still the red headed step child.

"
'No way of stopping the virus'

Meanwhile, the London Telegraph reported the delta variant has wrecked any chance of attaining herd immunity, according to a panel of experts that included the head of the Oxford vaccine team.

The experts called for an end to mass testing so Britain can start to live with COVID-19, the Telegraph said.

"Scientists said it was time to accept that there was no way of stopping the virus spreading through the entire population, and monitoring people with mild symptoms was no longer helpful," the British paper said.

Professor Andrew Pollard, who led the Oxford vaccine team, said it was clear that the delta variant could infect people who had been vaccinated.

That fact makes herd immunity impossible to reach even with high vaccine uptake, he said.

On Sunday, Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., who has undergraduate and graduate science degrees from MIT, spotlighted a CDC study that found only "limited evidence" to suggest COVID vaccines would provide any benefits to people who have been infected with the virus.

He said the admission undermines vaccine mandates..."

I agree with basically all the statements in the article, chiefly that 1) herd immunity is not gonna happen with the vaccine, 2) The benefit of vaccinating the recovered appears to be rather small if there's any benefit at all, and 3) we should learn to live with it.

I think these are all the things we've talked about recently in the COVID vaccine thread though, so I'm not sure what's new about it. I also happen to agree with no vaccine mandates, but I'm in favor of letting each individual institution to decide on that without government interference.

I agree with basically all the statements in the article, chiefly that 1) herd immunity is not gonna happen with the vaccine, 2) The benefit of vaccinating the recovered appears to be rather small if there's any benefit at all, and 3) we should learn to live with it.

I think these are all the things we've talked about recently in the COVID vaccine thread though, so I'm not sure what's new about it. I also happen to agree with no vaccine mandates, but I'm in favor of letting each individual institution to decide on that without government interference.

I've seen a few studies that have shown a single shot coupled with natural antibodies to be the best protection available.

Reactions: SORT14
I've seen a few studies that have shown a single shot coupled with natural antibodies to be the best protection available.

I read that one study from Israel, but what was absent in that study was side effects. It was also a retrospective study, but it's a fairly well designed one. Without knowing if booster shot after someone has already had COVID, and what the optimal timing should be, I can't really recommend it. I'd like to see some prospective studies, preferably a RCT to really say for sure.

Reactions: gator1776
I read that one study from Israel, but what was absent in that study was side effects. It was also a retrospective study, but it's a fairly well designed one. Without knowing if booster shot after someone has already had COVID, and what the optimal timing should be, I can't really recommend it. I'd like to see some prospective studies, preferably a RCT to really say for sure.
IIRC, that study also found that the combination of natural antibodies and vaccination had the best success, which intuitively (to me at least) would make sense. The problem with that is that you have to get COVID, and I want to avoid getting it.

This has been posted and responded to. Welcome if you’re new.

Bottom line is we really aren't totally sure exactly what happens to all the spike protein created, but most of it is likely dealt with by the immune system. Plus, Covid causes them too.

What he's showing is interesting lab study that probably deserves a research study.

I choose not to vax my 16YO and 13YO boys because the risk/reward doesn't make sense at the moment. That could always change. My 16YO is headed to Europe next summer, so I'm sure it'll be required anyway.
This is precisely why I have not gotten it (yet). Both my wife and I are unvaxxed. I'm not opposed to vaccinations by any stretch (she is with this one), and neither of us has gotten sick. I haven't had the regular flu in 30 years. I'm afraid of screwing up my natural immunity mojo by doing so. It's my fear that a vaccine will make me susceptible to new variants. Vaxxed people are getting covid every day, I am not. (so far) People who want the medicine, God bless em, I wish them well and hope their decision is best. It's not a pissing contest for me.

Reactions: fatman76
This is precisely why I have not gotten it (yet). Both my wife and I are unvaxxed. I'm not opposed to vaccinations by any stretch (she is with this one), and neither of us has gotten sick. I haven't had the regular flu in 30 years. I'm afraid of screwing up my natural immunity mojo by doing so. It's my fear that a vaccine will make me susceptible to new variants. Vaxxed people are getting covid every day, I am not. (so far) People who want the medicine, God bless em, I wish them well and hope their decision is best. It's not a pissing contest for me.
What you describe here is freedom and choice.

We can't tolerate that.

ADVERTISEMENT