ADVERTISEMENT

We maybe would have seen a new NCAA FG record fall

Boomer1000

Baby Gator
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2016
If it wasn't for the last second bomb to end the game, McElwain was prepared to go Long with Eddy at the end of the game. He was trying to get into FG range for Eddy and was not even thinking about the possibility of a game winning bomb at the point when they received the ball on the last series. In his Presser after the game, he said that all they were trying to do was set up for a FG and that everyone was probably going to finally find out the true extent of Eddy's range.
I spoke to Eddy about an hour ago and I asked him what he felt comfortable with in terms of range yesterday. He told me that he had a little wind to his back and that he felt really strong, so he felt comfortable that he would have had a good chance from 70 yards out yesterday.
That would have been something to see, not to mention that it would have been a new NCAA record in the process of winning the game.
Still, you have to love that 63 yard Bomb yesterday!!!!

Reactions: sadgator
I know he was serious, the only issue would have been to keep it from getting blocked but his range is so far and kicks it so high with volume immediately and a small step to do it.. He very well could have done some epic shit, I said this year he's gonna have to win one for us at some point and I was feeling it coming when they tied it with a minute left...

If he was kicking a game winner from 60 yards, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it with the adrenaline on top of the kick behind it.

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT