ADVERTISEMENT

Watch and Remember...

2005, the year Mike Freaking Shula beat Urban like a drum.

Yeah, yeah, and he also lost to LSU and SCa that 1st year, so not a big deal imo... :cool:

2005 UF lost to the Red-Turds, but they went on to beat Iowa in the Outback Bowl. :p

Meyer/Mullen didn't lose when it came to recruiting TEBOW & SPIKES. :eek:
With that Shula-choke, they eventually ran Shula's ass outta town... LMFAO! :D:D:D

2006 13-1 BCS-NC UF/Tebow 28 - 13 Red-Turds
And then the Red-Turds let OkSt beat them in the In-Depends Bowl...
While UF hammered BigTen Champ tOSU with Heisman Smith 41 - 14.

2007 Tebow-less Red-Turds 7-6, but with a big win over 6-7 Colo in the In-Depends Bowl. :rolleyes:

2008 BCS-NC 13-1 UF
31 - 20 Red-Turds for the SEC-C
Red-Turds then lost to freakin' Utah (Meyer/Mullen's former team) in the Sugar Bowl. :oops:
While UF hammered Big12 Champ Choke-la-homo with Heisman Badford 24-14.

2009 The Red-Turds finally got some SEC-C revenge over UF.
However, unlike the Red-Turds, #5 UF/Tebow went on to destroy #3 Undefeated Cincy (51-24) in the Sugar Bowl while setting All Time Sugar Bowl Records.

How's my memory doing so far? :p --- :D

If you think about it, that 2005 Bama - Florida game had a huge impact on both programs.

Let's say Shula wasn't an idiot, and pulled Prothro before he got his career-ending injury. In early 2005, Prothro was starting to dominate, and if we had him the rest of the way, we probably win the SEC in 2005.

And recall, Tim Tebow was seriously considering Alabama at that point. If Bama wins the SEC, our recruiting improves a bit for the 2006 class, and with Prothro back in 2006, I think Tebow comes to Bama.

Shula would have to start Tebow immediately since his only other option at QB was John Parker Wilson. Bama with Prothro and Tebow in 2006 likely goes 9-3 or so.

As for Florida, without Tebow they might not have won the NC, but they still would have been pretty good. Probably 10-2 or 11-1. Probably still win the SEC.

But here's where the ramifications start.....Tebow being at Bama in 2006 means Shula keeps his job, which also means Bama doesn't get Saban.

Let's say Tebow stays through 2009 as he did at Florida. Maybe we win an SEC title, but I don't see Shula coaching us to a NC.

As for Florida, they still win plenty of games and there's a real chance that Urban is still at Florida today without Saban being at Bama.

Or........does Saban jump into the SEC in 2008 or 2009, but at a different team? I could see Saban looking at the Cheatersee job in 2009 after fulmer left.

A lot of stuff could have happened if that 2005 game goes another way.

Meyer actually used that beat down as a positive. He told Tebow that was why he was recruiting him so hard, to come in and run his offense right. Again, why he is one of the GOATs.

Meyer actually used that beat down as a positive. He told Tebow that was why he was recruiting him so hard, to come in and run his offense right. Again, why he is one of the GOATs.

The moves coaches and programs make to get a key recruit or lose one or get a key coach or lose one are always fascinating topics.

Kentucky lost Bear Bryant because Bryant noted at the end of the year banquet that Adolph Rupp got a new Rolls Royce for winning the SEC in basketball, and Bryant said he got a watch for winning the SEC in football. That's when he realized he needed to leave UK.

In 1947, Alabama hired Red Drew away from Ole Miss to be our coach. Drew took his entire offensive staff except for the OC, who decided to stay behind and interview for the Ole Miss job. A guy named Johnny Vaught. If Vaught comes to Bama, Drew probably is successful for a few years, Vaught ends up getting a job offer somewhere else, and we likely don't hire Bryant in 1958.

Of course Bama botched their chance to hire Bobby Bowden in 1986, he was ready to take the job, but we wanted to interview him first, and decided to take Bill Curry instead. Great pick.

I also saw something a few months ago about Spurrier wanted to go to LSU after Duke, but LSU wouldn't hire him, and when Arnsbarger came to Florida, he hired Spurrier. Is that right?

If you think about it, that 2005 Bama - Florida game had a huge impact on both programs.

Let's say Shula wasn't an idiot, and pulled Prothro before he got his career-ending injury. In early 2005, Prothro was starting to dominate, and if we had him the rest of the way, we probably win the SEC in 2005.

And recall, Tim Tebow was seriously considering Alabama at that point. If Bama wins the SEC, our recruiting improves a bit for the 2006 class, and with Prothro back in 2006, I think Tebow comes to Bama.

Shula would have to start Tebow immediately since his only other option at QB was John Parker Wilson. Bama with Prothro and Tebow in 2006 likely goes 9-3 or so.

As for Florida, without Tebow they might not have won the NC, but they still would have been pretty good. Probably 10-2 or 11-1. Probably still win the SEC.

But here's where the ramifications start.....Tebow being at Bama in 2006 means Shula keeps his job, which also means Bama doesn't get Saban.

Let's say Tebow stays through 2009 as he did at Florida. Maybe we win an SEC title, but I don't see Shula coaching us to a NC.

As for Florida, they still win plenty of games and there's a real chance that Urban is still at Florida today without Saban being at Bama.

Or........does Saban jump into the SEC in 2008 or 2009, but at a different team? I could see Saban looking at the Cheatersee job in 2009 after fulmer left.

Who knows if Cam Newton would still have came to UF...had he did...and immediately became the starter over Brantley...he probably wouldn't have gotten into trouble...UF wins at least one title with Cam...Auburn doesn't win a title.

Who knows if Cam Newton would still have came to UF...had he did...and immediately became the starter over Brantley...he probably wouldn't have gotten into trouble...UF wins at least one title with Cam...Auburn doesn't win a title.

Yes the Cam angle is another good one to consider. Of course it all hinges on him not being an idiot and stealing a laptop then writing his name on it.

2008 Orange Bowl on right now on SECN. No mercy Percy just cashed it in for TD no. 2. Excited to run this offense again. 1997 Sugar Bowl to follow.

Yes the Cam angle is another good one to consider. Of course it all hinges on him not being an idiot and stealing a laptop then writing his name on it.

He didn't steal it, someone else did and then sold it to him on the cheap. When the knock came at his door to inquire about it, he threw it out the window, where they had someone waiting to catch it and pin it on him. Double Dummy....:confused:

Now, as to all of that 'What IF' stuff,,, useless off seaon mental masturbation imo. :cool:

BTW, as I've said many times before,,, IF chit didn't stink, then it might smell good... :rolleyes:

2008 Orange Bowl on right now on SECN. No mercy Percy just cashed it in for TD no. 2. Excited to run this offense again. 1997 Sugar Bowl to follow.
Got the whole 24 hours on record, to watch and re-watch at my leisure... ;)

He didn't steal it, someone else did and then sold it to him on the cheap. When the knock came at his door to inquire about it, he threw it out the window, where they had someone waiting to catch it and pin it on him. Double Dummy....:confused:

Insta, telling the truth about Cam doesn't make Florida look bad, it makes Cam look bad.

And this response makes you look bad. As most of yours do.

Reactions: SwamiG8R
Insta, telling the truth about Cam doesn't make Florida look bad, it makes Cam look bad.

And this response makes you look bad. As most of yours do.

You're an idiot of the first order. I corrected a dumb lie (or a lack of correct information) neither of which negatively reflects on UF.

Him buying stolen property, or his 'obstruction of justice' by attempting to rid himself of the evidence. BTW, that was his 3rd infraction at UF, not his first. With 3 strikes, you're outta here.

UF dumped his dumb ass to a JuCo. Next his father said; "this time we won't be signing for free,,," so he ended up paid for at the Allbarn.
I'm only sruprised that Alabummer couldn't or failed to out-bid them...
Maybe it was a sealed bid auction... :cool:

Last edited:
You're an idiot of the first order. I corrected a dumb lie (or a lack of correct information) neither of which negatively reflects on UF.

Him buying stolen property, or his 'obstruction of justice' by attempting to rid himself of the evidence. BTW, that was his 3rd infraction at UF, not his first. With 3 strikes, you're outta here.

That's why I tried to tell you that Cam's actions don't reflect negatively on Florida, they reflect negatively on Cam.

Even aubarn trolls admit he stole the laptop. Bless your heart.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
It's not healthy to live in the past.
Maybe not healthy, but it can be fun if you do it right..

1076410-__delorean_for_sale_on_ebay.jpeg

Lol at tebow going to bama....WRONG

Again.

How old do you think you are in the first grade?

Or is this more about how old you were in the first grade?

Because I'm pretty sure he wasn't 6-7 years old in 2008-2009.

He would have been 12 years old the last time Mullen coached a game for us. Sooo....

Which doesn't matter anyway, considering how silly your point is to begin with.

Again.

He would have been 12 years old the last time Mullen coached a game for us. Sooo....

I think he’s implying that he’s in first grade, currently

Again.

12!?!?! LOL!!!!!

That's why I tried to tell you that Cam's actions don't reflect negatively on Florida, they reflect negatively on Cam.

Even aubarn trolls admit he stole the laptop. Bless your heart.

He did? I’ve never heard that he stole it, but that he bought one that was stolen. It doesn’t really matter that much. Buying a stolen laptop is still a pretty crappy thing to do. Either way, it was a complete dumbass move

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT