ADVERTISEMENT

USC is out, what if?

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Another upset
or two today? Can Bama sneak back in?

So Michigan and the Pups win but, TCU loses, who will be the 4?

Bama could still sneak in
And most likely get their asses kicked. They may prove me wrong but Saban sure as hell needs to replace most of his staff, mainly his DC and OC once the season concludes. They're both garbage having a crap load of 4 and 5 star players.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
I can't wait to see with a few weeks to prepare against Georgia.

Sa ban's probably been game planning all week already.

Why should 2 loss Bama get in over 1 loss TCU?
Cause TCU is last year's Cinci and will get run off the field by whomever they play if they make the top 4. Bama lost both games on the road to ranked SEC teams on the last play of the game by a total of 4 points. Bama would run TCU and OSO off the field. Now Michigan and Georgia would be tougher games. But as long as Bama has Bryce Young then they have a strong chance of winning.

Cause TCU is last year's Cinci and will get run off the field by whomever they play if they make the top 4. Bama lost both games on the road to ranked SEC teams on the last play of the game by a total of 4 points. Bama would run TCU and OSO off the field. Now Michigan and Georgia would be tougher games. But as long as Bama has Bryce Young then they have a strong chance of winning.
Buck Fama. Let em sit at home

Cause Bama is much better than TCU.
It's not about who could win H2H in TCU vs Bama.

It's not about who could play better and have a chance to beat UGA and/or Michigan.

It's about who did what they were supposed to do through the entire course of the season.

Bama should have beat UT and/or LSU..they didn't. They lost two games. They don't deserve to be there.

It's not about who could play better and have a chance to beat UGA and/or Michigan.

It's about who did what they were supposed to do through the entire course of the season.

Bama should have beat UT and/or LSU..they didn't. They lost two games. They don't deserve to be there.
It's about the 4 best teams and TCU isnt one of them. GO ahead and put Kermit the Frog in the final 4 and watch him get croaked out on December 31st.

Last edited:
As some of my Bama friends love to point out, they get everyone’s best shot. It has to be tough to get that every week. But hey that’s a consequence of their own success.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Why should 2 loss Bama get in over 1 loss TCU?

They shouldnt. Games on the field should matter, Bama has 2 losses. You can't just look at a roster and put them in, otherwise what is the purpose of playing the game?

Bama has zero good wins on their schedule. They beat Texas by 1 and TCU beat them by 7. I see no difference other than Bama has better recruiting classes.

Doesn't matter what we think they will do, it's about what they have done. TCU has the number 9 SOS and lost in the championship game to a team they had already beaten by inches in OT. If a 2-loss Bama gets in over TCU then the system is biased and obviously rigged.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Exactly right. TCU has much less of a chance to beat Michigan or UGA than Bama does that is for sure.
And again here we are arguing about who should be in a 4 team playoff yet we are going to a 12 team playoff here soon and invite a bunch on teams that have no chance of winning it.

For God's sake this is why they have the damned committee.

To make decisions about the best teams.

If not, they could have literally let the old BCS. Model stand and just extend it to 4 teams.

But no, they wanted a group of people to come in and decide.

I swear some of you can't remember a damned thing about anything.

Exactly right. TCU has much less of a chance to beat Michigan or UGA than Bama does that is for sure.
And again here we are arguing about who should be in a 4 team playoff yet we are going to a 12 team playoff here soon and invite a bunch on teams that have no chance of winning it.
TCU doesnt stand a chance of beating any of the other 3 teams. Bama can beat Michigan and OSU but would have trouble with Georgia.

Just watched an interview with Nick Saban a while ago on ESPN that was live and he said the committee needs to put 4 teams in the final 4 that the Committee believes can win the National Championship. Who thinks TCU can beat all of the other 3? I know they only have to win 2 games to win it all but that wont happen.

Last edited:
Just watched an interview with Nick Saban a while ago on ESPN that was live and he said the committee needs to put 4 teams in the final 4 that the Committee believes can win the National Championship. Who thinks TCU can beat all of the other 3? I know they only have to win 2 games to win it all but that wont happen.

Watching Saban beg like a dog was funny

Reactions: bradleygator
TCU doesnt stand a chance of beating any of the other 3 teams. Bama can beat Michigan and OSU but would have trouble with Georgia.

Apparently they can't beat Tennessee or LSU either. Seems to be quite a few they can't beat

Apparently they can't beat Tennessee or LSU either. Seems to be quite a few they can't beat

The West was too down this year for a 2 loss argument to get in. And Bama even was let in before over a conference champ OSU who had 2 losses and an extra good win due to only having 1 loss a few years back.

Reactions: fsu939913
For God's sake this is why they have the damned committee.

To make decisions about the best teams.
So, is it the "best" teams or the most "deserving" teams? I swear Tennessee is a better team than USCjr, Bama is better than LSU, Utah is better than UF, etc. Without head-to-heads, it's literally the "eye test" combined with, SOS, and on-field performance which is limited to the evaluation of the 12 games each team plays.

Bama played the #1 SOS and dropped 2 games. TCU played the #9 SOS and dropped a championship game in OT to a team they'd already beat by mere inches. Bama may be better than TCU, but TCU deserves it more and the only true way to know if Bama is better is if they play TCU.

I wouldn't want to be on that committee today.

From a friend of mine:

Blind resumes and it’s a no-brainer. TcU deserves to be a top 4 team. The Big XII had parity unlike any league this year. There was no off week for any team.

Don’t give me this Bama junk! (Yes, they’re good, but they have TWO losses and didn’t even play in a championship game!) TcU went undefeated in the regular season even beating the team they just lost to (in OT by INCHES). Their ONLY loss is to a team who will likely be ranked 7-8.

IF the committee ends up placing Bama ahead of TcU, we need to call a spade a spade. The SEC (better yet, Bama) bias is alive and well. They may as well write it into the “rules” that being an SEC team gets you extra points.

If you want to talk strength of schedule, even ESPN has both Bama and TCU as top ten SOS. Other metrics actually have TCU ahead of Bama (power rankings guru). Point is, they both had challenging schedules. TCU handled their schedule better.

Had Bama played Georgia in the SEC championship and lost in OT by inches, they’d have 3 losses. Putting a 2-loss team in the TOP FOUR is ridiculous and should result in a complete revamping of the system/committee. They SHOULD take the top 4 highest ranking conference champs.

1) UGA
2) UM
3) Clemson
4) KSU

(Though based on wins in championship games, Clemson and KSU could swap)

From a friend of mine:

Blind resumes and it’s a no-brainer. TcU deserves to be a top 4 team. The Big XII had parity unlike any league this year. There was no off week for any team.

Don’t give me this Bama junk! (Yes, they’re good, but they have TWO losses and didn’t even play in a championship game!) TcU went undefeated in the regular season even beating the team they just lost to (in OT by INCHES). Their ONLY loss is to a team who will likely be ranked 7-8.

IF the committee ends up placing Bama ahead of TcU, we need to call a spade a spade. The SEC (better yet, Bama) bias is alive and well. They may as well write it into the “rules” that being an SEC team gets you extra points.

If you want to talk strength of schedule, even ESPN has both Bama and TCU as top ten SOS. Other metrics actually have TCU ahead of Bama (power rankings guru). Point is, they both had challenging schedules. TCU handled their schedule better.

Had Bama played Georgia in the SEC championship and lost in OT by inches, they’d have 3 losses. Putting a 2-loss team in the TOP FOUR is ridiculous and should result in a complete revamping of the system/committee. They SHOULD take the top 4 highest ranking conference champs.

1) UGA
2) UM
3) Clemson
4) KSU

I am a big win your conference type but would still take the 1 loss non-champ depending on certain things. I would have had OSU in over Bama a few years back despite 2 losses though.

I think this year it's easy to pick the top 4.

1. GA
2. MI
3. TCU
4. OSU

I am a big win your conference type but would still take the 1 loss non-champ depending on certain things. I would have had OSU in over Bama a few years back despite 2 losses though.

I think this year it's easy to pick the top 4.

1. GA
2. MI
3. TCU
4. OSU
Is there a reason why the Dwags don't want Bama in? I wonder why.

From a friend of mine:

1) UGA
2) UM
3) Clemson
4) KSU

One of the reasons I am very glad to be going to 12 teams. And yes, I know that team #13 will complain, but that will be a complaint about not getting the chance to go experience it, rather than actually being good enough to win and be left out.

Dad,

Don't think that is an accurate statement.

This is probably Kirby's best team - Defense not quite as good as last year, but Stetson Bennett & Offense MUCH better.

I think Kirby would LOVE to play Saban (his old Boss) & give him a serious black eye this year - no fear of reprisal.

In CFB, Saban is G.O.A.T. - he has the only record that counts - 7 National Titles - all of them won on the field.
Bear Bryant had 6; several of them "shared."
https://www.si.com/college/2021/01/12/nick-saban-passes-bear-bryant-most-championships-cfb

Saban smart enough to go out on top, not hang around like Bobby Bowden, chasing a lesser record, coming up short. & looking old & foolish.

Don't know that they would beat Bama by 20- (it could happen); but don't think they would need a FG in OT to win.

Last edited:

Well they remember all the losses prior to last year's Championship.

I doubt Bama could beat them this year though. I hope MI or OSU could but not sure if they can hold up or not. OSU can look so strong at times but seem to fold in big games lately.

Well they remember all the losses prior to last year's Championship.
Some truth to that for sure.

Didn't UGA lose to Bama in SECCG before winning the Nattie ?

Very few of Saban's former Asst coaches have beaten him.
I doubt Bama could beat them this year though. I hope MI or OSU could but not sure if they can hold up or not. OSU can look so strong at times but seem to fold in big games lately.
Spot On !

It's about the 4 best teams and TCU isnt one of them. GO ahead and put Kermit the Frog in the final 4 and watch him get croaked out on December 31st.
Tebow,

Its a single elimination Tournament - HALF the Field Will "get croaked out on December 31st. !" - DUUUH !

If it happens to TCU - so what; what does that say about the other team that loses on Dec 31st ?

Are they as undeserving as TCU or more so ?

Should we just award the Nattie to your favorite - BAMA - without making them go through the formality of winning it on the field ?

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Well the committee avoided another Michigan vs OSU rematch But Kermit the Frog gonna get his head bit off by the Dawg. He better have Miss Piggy close by to console him for being one and DONE. But Congrats on getting in for one game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT