ADVERTISEMENT

Uncharted waters ahead...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Unless we get some favorable news by tomorrow morning this is about the craziest situation I can remember when it comes to Florida football moving forward. One thing I don't believe and think is just more planted nonsense is that we offered 13 million. I believe some people posting they know some big boosters and the real number is around 6 million if he did stay here for 4 years which is still crazy but believable in the crazy NIL bidding world we are in now. That 13 million story probably came from the same source that tried to claim we bid 11 million to Miami's 8 million when he first chose Miami.

I can't remember a possible situation like this since Spurrier became the coach where in the first 2 recruiting classes we don't have a blue chip rated QB in them. Even before all this rating stuff Spurrier had Dean who was a sought after QB and all the coaches after Spurrier recruited a blue chip QB to be able to sell new recruits on regardless if some of the QBs ever did much in the future.

If Rashada does move on I bet they are really regretting not aiming higher than Mertz in the portal now. Unless we got lucky and that LSU transfer flipped from TCU to us how is Napier going to sell the situation to the 24 class after 2 straight 6-6 or 7-5 seasons? You also have a possible situation with the 2023 WRs depending on how this plays out. With Rashada at least you had real hope to solve those 2 issues.

If we did buy a legit proven QB for 2024 that is too late to stop the damage the 2023 fallout will cause. Imagine what Napier must be thinking now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT