ADVERTISEMENT

UF is first school in 50 years to win a NC in the big 3!

Apparently, what I learned on Warchant is that none of that comes close to comparing to all of the baseball accomplishments that FSU has garnered over the past 200 years, nor their 4 straight wins over us in football. Clearly they feel perspective is in order and that we need to tone down our celebrations.

Reactions: GatorGray
Apparently, what I learned on Warchant is that none of that comes close to comparing to all of the baseball accomplishments that FSU has garnered over the past 200 years, nor their 4 straight wins over us in football. Clearly they feel perspective is in order and that we need to tone down our celebrations.

Of course...what are they going to say, congrats?

You got that from WC when?

BooBoo88 has a nice thread posted on the smack board listing all of the MANY MANY MANY baseball accomplishments that FSU has that make them the very best of the best of all the rest in college baseball.

My simple response, was would you guys trade all of that for one national title?

Reactions: mcanes
I'll be the first Nole to say it..Congrats. (my wife is a Gator so I had to). That being said, I'll take another win over UF in football this year over this. Impressive season..and yes you got this and a few others over us(i.e. basketball..etc) but sorry...football is king IMO.

I'll be the first Nole to say it..Congrats. (my wife is a Gator so I had to). That being said, I'll take another win over UF in football this year over this. Impressive season..and yes you got this and a few others over us(i.e. basketball..etc) but sorry...football is king IMO.

A man can enjoy bourbon even if he prefers scotch.

Yep. It is really, really in the eye of the beholder. But this opinion by an FSU fan that does not post here very often just reinforces the Florida notion that the Mighty Gators are the alpha and Omega of FSU fans. This is a fan that cherishes a win over Florida in football than a National Championship in baseball, the third of the big three sports. And I do not think this guy is atypical.

Let's say that again, most FSU fans consider a win over Florida in football a bigger achievement than a Baseball National Championship.

denolefan said something very similar in a conversation a few months ago.

Yep. It is really, really in the eye of the beholder. But this opinion by an FSU fan that does not post here very often just reinforces the Florida notion that the Mighty Gators are the alpha and Omega of FSU fans. This is a fan that cherishes a win over Florida in football than a National Championship in baseball, the third of the big three sports. And I do not think this guy is atypical.

Let's say that again, most FSU fans consider a win over Florida in football a bigger achievement than a Baseball National Championship.

denolefan said something very similar in a conversation a few months ago.

Think it's more a rationalization.

Congrats on the baseball title. Hope we get one before MM retires.

Everybody knows that FSU could easily win one,,, IF they really wanted to. But if they actually won the CWS, it would break their tremendous 20+ consecutive record that they've got going, and that nobody else even has 1/2 as many in.... ;)

Last edited:
Think it's more a rationalization.

Perhaps. But this type of thing comes up so often, I think there is something to it

Congrats on the baseball title. Hope we get one before MM retires.

Thanks. And unless you get one next year, MM will never have one. I suspect he accomplishes the # wins record and I suspect FSU wishes him a fond farewell. Or maybe not so fond, if he chooses the Bowden way

Again, not to take away from your victory, most fans, including me follow football much more than any other sport. Football is king and that is the reality.

BooBoo88 has a nice thread posted on the smack board listing all of the MANY MANY MANY baseball accomplishments that FSU has that make them the very best of the best of all the rest in college baseball.

My simple response, was would you guys trade all of that for one national title?

So you have been absent from here since November, according to your profile, yet you were at WC, on the smack board no less, the night you guys won a championship?

MJ, I have family and friends who have played for Martin. My brother in law went to Omaha twice for the Noles. Homered twice there too. 11 has done great things for the program but he is Bowden 2.0 at this point. Has been for a while to be honest. I want FSU to win in everything. I am a huge fan of baseball obviously( Mets handle noted). Football reigns supreme for me but I am beyond tired of our shortcomings in Omaha and the NCAA basketball tournaments.

For all the talk about values of various sports, sadgator wouldn't trade our NCAA basketball tourney titles for anything...even another football title.

Those were the two titles that we were most unlikely to ever see, and probably to ever see again. And to know that Florida won those back to back titles with perhaps one of the greatest (at least arguably) teams in the history of the sport makes it even more meaningful.

sadgator honestly cherishes those titles almost above anything else...they are equally as important to sadgator as the '96 football title.

Well, maybe just that TJGator dude. :eek:o_O

In how many sports has UF NOT won a Natty? I suspect it is a short list.
We compete in what, 19 sports? We have won NCs in 14 of them

Men's national championships

• Baseball (1): 2017
  • Basketball (2): 2006 • 2007[71]
  • Football (3): 1996 • 2006 • 2008[72]
  • Golf (4): 1968 • 1973 • 1993 • 2001[73]
  • Indoor track and field (3): 2010 • 2011 • 2012[33]
  • Outdoor track and field (4): 2012 • 2013 • 2016 • 2017
  • Swimming and diving (2): 1983 • 1984
Women's national championships

• Golf (2): 1985 • 1986[74]
  • Gymnastics (4): 1982 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015[75]
  • Indoor track and field (1): 1992[76]
  • Soccer (1): 1998[77]
  • Softball (2): 2014 • 2015[78]
  • Swimming and diving (3): 1979 • 1982 • 2010[79]
  • Tennis (7): 1992 • 1996 • 1998 • 2003 • 2011 • 2012 • 2017[80]

Not Won
M Cross Country
W Cross Country
W Basketball
W Volleyball
W Lacrosse

Reactions: GatorGray
We compete in what, 19 sports? We have won NCs in 14 of them

Men's national championships

• Baseball (1): 2017
  • Basketball (2): 2006 • 2007[71]
  • Football (3): 1996 • 2006 • 2008[72]
  • Golf (4): 1968 • 1973 • 1993 • 2001[73]
  • Indoor track and field (3): 2010 • 2011 • 2012[33]
  • Outdoor track and field (4): 2012 • 2013 • 2016 • 2017
  • Swimming and diving (2): 1983 • 1984
Women's national championships

• Golf (2): 1985 • 1986[74]
  • Gymnastics (4): 1982 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015[75]
  • Indoor track and field (1): 1992[76]
  • Soccer (1): 1998[77]
  • Softball (2): 2014 • 2015[78]
  • Swimming and diving (3): 1979 • 1982 • 2010[79]
  • Tennis (7): 1992 • 1996 • 1998 • 2003 • 2011 • 2012 • 2017[80]

Not Won
M Cross Country
W Cross Country
W Basketball
W Volleyball
W Lacrosse
Also M Tennis

MJ, I have family and friends who have played for Martin. My brother in law went to Omaha twice for the Noles. Homered twice there too. 11 has done great things for the program but he is Bowden 2.0 at this point. Has been for a while to be honest. I want FSU to win in everything. I am a huge fan of baseball obviously( Mets handle noted). Football reigns supreme for me but I am beyond tired of our shortcomings in Omaha and the NCAA basketball tournaments.
You got him one more year, at least. The man is a gentleman and a great coach. But no coach that has been to Ohama that many times should be empty of NCs. If he get the #wins title next year and does not go quietly into the night, is he going to be forced out?

We used to worry about Sully in the same, given he was a prodigy of another coach that took a lot of teams to Omaha and never won one. This championship erases all that.

My sentiments as well....25 years ago, I would have laughed if anyone told me UF would win a Baseball championship before us. I would have laughed if someone told me UF would win a basketball championship or 3 football championships. You have to tip your hat to what UF has done in recent history across the board....but really, at the end of the day, I am pretty proud of 4 in a row. And, I would take our position in football today and twice on Sundays over UF sports. Management of the FSU football program is significantly better than UFs and has been since Meyer left. As long as Jimbo stays, we are going to wreck Florida's total victory margin against us...football is where 80% of my interest lies....probably the Gators on here too, were they to be honest with themselves.

Martin was choking in Omaha 25 years ago. I'm not surprised where things stand now.

Martin has been coaching so long I'mnot sure he knows how to leave quietly.

You have to tip your hat to what UF has done in recent history across the board....but really, at the end of the day, I am pretty proud of 4 in a row. And, I would take our position in football today and twice on Sundays over UF sports. .

This is yet another example of Florida being the alpha and omega for FSU fans. It all revolves around football against Florida for them.

Florida is a much better academic program? Who cares, four in a row.
Florida has won more NCs the last four years than FSU in its whole history? Who cares, four in a row.
Florida has two basketball NCs? Who cares, four in a row.
Florida won a Baseball NC before us? Who cares, four in a row.
Florida is the only team in Florida to win NCs in the three biggest sports? Who cares, four in a row.

I am astounded they keep coming over here and telling us this. It is like having a retarded cousin in your family.

This is yet another example of Florida being the alpha and omega for FSU fans. It all revolves around football against Florida for them.

Florida is a much better academic program? Who cares, four in a row.
Florida has won more NCs the last four years than FSU in its whole history? Who cares, four in a row.
Florida has two basketball NCs? Who cares, four in a row.
Florida won a Baseball NC before us? Who cares, four in a row.
Florida is the only team in Florida to win NCs in the three biggest sports? Who cares, four in a row.

I am astounded they keep coming over here and telling us this. It is like having a retarded cousin in your family.
BINGO

Again, not to take away from your victory, most fans, including me follow football much more than any other sport. Football is king and that is the reality.

This post is a lie, of course it's to take away from our championship. You can't though. Does it bother you that we're good at everything?(football is on the way back, cannot wait to devour your tears)

My sentiments as well....25 years ago, I would have laughed if anyone told me UF would win a Baseball championship before us. I would have laughed if someone told me UF would win a basketball championship or 3 football championships. You have to tip your hat to what UF has done in recent history across the board....but really, at the end of the day, I am pretty proud of 4 in a row. And, I would take our position in football today and twice on Sundays over UF sports. Management of the FSU football program is significantly better than UFs and has been since Meyer left. As long as Jimbo stays, we are going to wreck Florida's total victory margin against us...football is where 80% of my interest lies....probably the Gators on here too, were they to be honest with themselves.

There are so many flaws in this statement I honestly almost didn't reply because it was too much effort. i am going to address two points that are blatantly wrong. First, UF is no longer mismanaged, a large part of UF football being so broken(aside from four years of will muschamp) was the simple fact foley wouldn't address the facilities(for whatever reason, doesn't matter why) it put florida at a significant recruiting disadvantage, not only are new facilities coming, the new AD expanded the scope. UF football is now in good hands.

the other comment i want to address is the 80% thing, how does one quantify that? It's an absurd statement. What it really says is you don't like other sports because fsu can't win titles in anything but football. I promise you, no one likes football more than I do. That doesn't mean I don't also love college basketball and like college baseball. They don't have to be mutually exclusive. Our administration and fans have shown that. Enjoy being a one trick pony. And by the way, we're coming for that one too.

Reactions: PacoGator19
This post is a lie, of course it's to take away from our championship. You can't though. Does it bother you that we're good at everything?(football is on the way back, cannot wait to devour your tears)
Not a lie..also..FSU had done more with less and in a shorter amount of time then UF. The arrogance of some of the folks here is amazing.

Reactions: METSWIN

Typical nolies, looking for something to brag about when they can't win the ultimate goal of winning a championship.

Go Canes!

And even beating us 4 years in a row in football, they need to win 9 more in a row just to tie the all-time series!!

And even beating us 4 years in a row in football, they need to win 9 more in a row just to tie the all-time series!!

Uf football is finally recovered from Muschamp and facilities are being addressed, we're on the way back, we're probably two years out from being all the way back. Muschamp was a pox upon this program.

Paco doesn't have sense to pour piss out of his mouth.
Typical nolies, looking for something to brag about when they can't win the ultimate goal of winning a championship.

Go Canes!
Like winning an ACC championship in football? Go eat some black beans and STFU.

Paco doesn't have sense to pour piss out of his mouth.

Like winning an ACC championship in football? Go eat some black beans and STFU.

Black beans and yellow rice with some hot sauce are one of life's simple pleasures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT