ADVERTISEMENT

UF has not had a player in the State's Top 10 since 2016

Nov 13, 2018
We finally have gotten a top player from our own state. This is why we cannot beat Georgia. They pick and choose the top talent from Florida every year. The sooner we get the Football complex the easier recruiting will be for Mullen. He is the right guy, we just need the right tools to help him.

Go Gators.

Resources help, but the top recruiters in the country actually love to recruit and make it their #1 priority. Does Mullen make recruiting his top priority? I’d say no based on what I’ve seen so far...

-14 Dan vs LSU + Refs

-7 Dan vs UGly + Refs

Dan can apparently coach um up, no matter what some outsider ranks the recruits.
What Dan needs is to do is to find a way around the SEC's refs.
Then he can deal with the other teams and coaches on the field of play...

Resources help, but the top recruiters in the country actually love to recruit and make it their #1 priority. Does Mullen make recruiting his top priority? I’d say no based on what I’ve seen so far...

Seriously Laker? Now you are answering yourself?

And what, exactly is a Gatot bait?

Seriously Laker? Now you are answering yourself?

And what, exactly is a Gatot bait?
giphy.gif

I would like to point out that it will NEVER be like it was back in the 90's when Florida, FSU, and miami had all of the state's talent locked up and the foreigners could do naught but look across the borders with wishful thinking. The fact is, we now have these football academies in the state that never used to exist. IMG for example. Not a real school, it's a sports preparatory agency. They do nothing but sign in kids from across the country or the globe even and train them for the next level athletics. What I'm saying is that these are not Florida kids who are generally in the top 10 of the state these days. They are kids from all over the country who are just attending an academy for their future here. They have no ties or loyalties to the local college programs. They didn't grow up as a youngster wearing jerseys of Florida teams, or live in houses filled with memorabilia here. The vast majority of the top 10 here now come from all over and if they do have a childhood favorite team, it's generally one from the state they hail from originally.

This is why I'm not surprised in this day and age at how hard it is to mythically "lock down recruiting" in the state. Sure we can still do the great job of putting walls around our old strongholds like Lakeland high school, and other schools down in South Florida as well, but generally the kids you see in the top spots coming out of this state have no interest in Florida teams. At least not unless those Florida teams are the highest bidder or are ALREADY fighting to win championships.

2020 Recruit Rankings (130 FBS teams)
The SEC has 6 of the Top 11 ranked classes.
At #11, UF is currently in the upper 8.5% of all FBS schools.

UF's class According to 247:

#5 DT - #19 DT - #32 DT

#7 OLB - (xfer 2019 #2 DE/OLB)

#8 WDE

#8 CB - #20 CB - #50 CB

#34 S - #78 S
=====

#9 QB-dt

#11 Ath/WR/S - #37 WR - #40 WR

#15 OT - #45 OG - #79 OT - #86 OG

#28 TE

#3 P - Pro-Kick International from Australia
=====

Florida 14
Tex 2
Conn 1
Ga 1
Va 1
Aust. 1

-14 Dan vs LSU + Refs

-7 Dan vs UGly + Refs

Dan can apparently coach um up, no matter what some outsider ranks the recruits.
What Dan needs is to do is to find a way around the SEC's refs.
Then he can deal with the other teams and coaches on the field of play...
LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT