ADVERTISEMENT

UCF

Pitt 5-4, 4-1 = The best team in the weak side of the All Cupcake Conf... WoW! :rolleyes:

Pitt 6 - 51 PSU 6-3
Pitt 35 - 38 NC 1-7
Pitt 14 - 45 UCF 8-0
Pitt 14 - 19 NL 9-0

PS
The neutered lame and UCF's schedules have a lot in common, besides being undefeated.... :confused:

Pitt-UF would be a lot closer than either of those games.

UCF may have the best team in the state right now, but the value of a football program, from the perspective of a conference, is in how many viewers they bring in, and if they generate ticket sales when they visit. By this standard, UCF is a distant fourth, possibly fifth, in Florida. UF, FSU and Miami earned their seats at the Big Boy table by having incredible runs many years ago, back when it was still possible to break through. This was back when kids actually watched football. The college football audience is aging, and UCF just doesn't have a legions of old-time fans from way back. UCF is having a good run at a time when kids are less interested in football.

Another issue is that UCF is in Orlando, which has a million things to do. Miami has the same problem, but they are a more established program. FSU and UF are both located in BFE Florida, where they are the most interesting things in their cities.

Reactions: FLDUKE
You probably should do your homework regarding tv viewers. UCF’s television ratings are probably 2nd or 3rd in the state the last year and a half.

There's actually a site that tracks this:
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/2/

UCF highlights from 2017
1. 8.377M in the Peach Bowl vs Auburn
2. 3.385M AAC Champion vs Memphis
3. 4.644M UCF vs USF

Those are good numbers. Of course, you have to factor in that #1 was vs Auburn in a major bowl game. #2 was a championship game and #3 was a rivalry game -- though, I ain't gonna lie: getting almost 5 million viewers for UCF/USF is impressive.

But it's one thing to draw viewers where you are playing in big games. The problem is the non "event" games, which seem to hover between 100-300K viewers for UCF. And this was while UCF was having their "National Championship" season. When FSU was having their real National Championship season in 2013, they were averaging 10-20x this viewership per game. If you look at the numbers for UF, FSU and Miami, they still average over a million viewers for their less exciting games. And all of these programs were mediocre in 2017. FSU, in particular, has been terrible the last couple of years, so the fact that the population equivalent of the state of Wyoming is bothering to tune in to see a mediocre program play a crappy team that may not even go bowling is a testament to their brands.

UCF 2018 Opponents, those currently Top 25 ranked are in bold.

UConn
SCSt
NC -- Cancelled due to weather
FAU
Pitt
SMU
Memphis
ECa
Temple
Navy
-----
#19 Cincy 9-1
USF

That list looks like what UF plays for 'patsy' games. :rolleyes:

UF's last game against an undefeated Cincy was;
#5 12-1 UF 51 - 24 Cincy #4 12-0 in the Sugar Bowl.
And it wasn't as close (-27) as the final score. :oops:
It was 30-3 at halftime... :cool:

Last edited:
UCF is capable of beating everyone except Clemson and Bama. (and neither is anyone else)

The AACs brand of ball is as good as the Big 12 and PAC 10 and if anyone in those no defense, big offense leagues were undefeated no one would question putting them among the final 4.

UCFs schedule is weak but so was the 2001 Canes. Their likely final 3 games are against quality opponents and combined with the Pitt win would be a very impressive win streak.

UCF was given the disservice by the poll powers of being given a low preseason rank at 15 given they finished 2017 at 6. Since then they've moved 4 spots in 11 weeks in spite of always winning. It has obviously been decided that no group of 5 will ever be allowed in the playoffs.

I'd love to see UCF play a playoff bubble team in a NY6 bowl from PAC or Big 12 or even a darling like Ohio State.

UCF is capable of beating everyone except Clemson and Bama. (and neither is anyone else)

The AACs brand of ball is as good as the Big 12 and PAC 10 and if anyone in those no defense, big offense leagues were undefeated no one would question putting them among the final 4.

UCFs schedule is weak but so was the 2001 Canes. Their likely final 3 games are against quality opponents and combined with the Pitt win would be a very impressive win streak.

UCF was given the disservice by the poll powers of being given a low preseason rank at 15 given they finished 2017 at 6. Since then they've moved 4 spots in 11 weeks in spite of always winning. It has obviously been decided that no group of 5 will ever be allowed in the playoffs.

I'd love to see UCF play a playoff bubble team in a NY6 bowl from PAC or Big 12 or even a darling like Ohio State.

Yeah, because if they manage to beat #19 Cincy, it will be their ONLY win against a team that's even ranked in the Top 25.... :confused:

UCF 31 - 30 SMU (5-5) in OT

Of course in their last game, they do have that BIG WIN over 2-8 Navy, that's on a 7 game losing streak.
UCF 35 - 24 Navy (-11) :rolleyes:

GTF-Outta here... o_O

Yeah, because if they manage to beat #19 Cincy, it will be their ONLY win against a team that's even ranked in the Top 25.... :confused:

Of course in their last game, they do have that BIG WIN over 2-8 Navy, that's on a 7 game losing streak.
UCF 35 - 24 Navy (-11) :rolleyes:

GTF-Outta here... o_O

So UCF isn't undefeated?

I must say despite what I as the OP
Said about their defense. I do not want to face their offense in a bowl game . They have such a serious bull.... chip on their shoulder. Frankly anybody but them at the moment and I hate saying that. We’re a year away from where we need to be. It has been an over achieving year a great start! However we have warts, flaws..on defense.

I must say despite what I as the OP
Said about their defense. I do not want to face their offense in a bowl game . They have such a serious bull.... chip on their shoulder. Frankly anybody but them at the moment and I hate saying that. We’re a year away from where we need to be. It has been an over achieving year a great start! However we have warts, flaws..on defense.

100% agree

Reactions: kimeth
So UCF isn't undefeated?

Yep undefeated alright, playing teams that UF gets criticized for playing as 'patsy' teams. UF plays one or two of those kind of teams all season, while UCF makes a full season schedule against 'patsy' teams...

How do you suppose UF and UCF would each do if we could switch schedules?
Would UCF still be undefeated? o_O (try not to be a complete idiot with your answer)

Yep undefeated alright, playing teams that UF gets criticized for playing as 'patsy' teams. UF plays one or two of those kind of teams all season, while UCF makes a full season schedule against 'patsy' teams...

Would UCF still be undefeated? o_O (try not to be a complete idiot with your answer)

Being a complete idiot would be to ask a straw man question. I'm just the idiot biting on it....I'm waiting for my groceries to be delivered.

How often does anyone go undefeated in the SEC? Was never making that argument. Not sure why UCFs success so offends so many of my fellow Gator fans. Is UF getting screwed out of the playoff by UCF? Is anyone?

If an undefeated PAC or Big 12 team would be in the top 4 why not UCF? Especially with a 2 year resume. No one is comparing the AAC to the SEC or UCF to Alabama. An 8 team playoff would be so sweet!

To answer the pointless fantasy land question.....UCF has a generational college level QB and I think this UCF team could run the table on UFs schedule AND also could have had 2 or 3 losses...Bama is not on the schedule so there is no 1 loss guarantee.

UF might go 10-2 or 9-3 on UCFs schedule. I think the Misery game really showcased how vulnerable UF is against potent offenses.

I'm really not interested in a back and fourth on the "I'm a Gator fan worried about my penis size" question. If it makes you pee less at night to believe UF would be undefeated on an AAC schedule and UCF would be 0-8 in the SEC than enjoy that thought and a warm cup of tea.

I'm a Gator fan quite comfortable with my Penis size and if my little brother in Oviedo can finally bang a few hotties and it's not messing up my already guaranteed trophyless season...Que sera sera.

Last edited:
Being a complete idiot would be to ask a straw man question. I'm just the idiot biting on it....I'm waiting for my groceries to be delivered.

How often does anyone go undefeated in the SEC? Was never making that argument. Not sure why UCFs success so offends so many of my fellow Gator fans. Is UF getting screwed out of the playoff by UCF? Is anyone?

If an undefeated PAC or Big 12 team would be in the top 4 why not UCF? Especially with a 2 year resume. No one is comparing the AAC to the SEC or UCF to Alabama. An 8 team playoff would be so sweet!

To answer the pointless fantasy land question.....UCF has a generational college level QB and I think this UCF team could run the table on UFs schedule AND also could have had 2 or 3 losses...Bama is not on the schedule so there is no 1 loss guarantee.

UF might go 10-2 or 9-3 on UCFs schedule. I think the Misery game really showcased how vulnerable UF is against potent offenses.

I'm really not interested in a back and fourth on the "I'm a Gator fan worried about my penis size" question. If it makes you pee less at night to believe UF would be undefeated on an AAC schedule and UCF would be 0-8 in the SEC than enjoy that thought and a warm cup of tea.

I'm a Gator fan quite comfortable with my Penis size and if my little brother in Oviedo can finally bang a few hotties and it's not messing up my already guaranteed trophyless season...Que sera sera.
I have no problem with UCF. More power to them. I live in Orlando. With that being said UF would be undefeated right now with UCFs schedule. Also while I do think UCF has a good team they were better last year because they were better on defense last year. I would also add that UCFs schedule was tougher last year as well. Don’t forget they now have Shannon as their DC. He’s as vanilla as it gets when it comes to defensive scheme.

"Randy Shannon" always sounds to me like a Hooters waitress that throws the cook staff a solid at the end of her shift.

Randy seems to prepare for the opposing team at halftime. Not sure why he was so allergic to blitzing last season and now at UCF. I think his recruiting talents out weigh his schemes which works just fine in the AAC.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe

I actually think they should be let in if the 4th slot didn't have a 1 loss Power 5 team to take it but it looks like that won't be a possibility. The schedule though not entirely their own fault is just too weak to let them in over a 1 loss Power 5 conference champ or even a power 5 team like Bama last season that lost their conference championship game.

I have no problem with UCF. More power to them. I live in Orlando. With that being said UF would be undefeated right now with UCFs schedule. Also while I do think UCF has a good team they were better last year because they were better on defense last year. I would also add that UCFs schedule was tougher last year as well. Don’t forget they now have Shannon as their DC. He’s as vanilla as it gets when it comes to defensive scheme.
Agree with everything you said. I like UCF, too. My son and his wife are alumni and I always pull for them. But they were better last year and played a tougher schedule last year. Not their fault about the schedule. The AAC is a good conference, but UCF's SOS just isn't there to even get them a sniff at playoff consideration even going undefeated. In time the playoffs will expand to 8 teams, at which time they can go in as a #8 and get hammered by whoever is #1. 8 teams will give every P5 conference champ a bid, the top-ranked non-P5 team an opportunity and then the other 2 highest ranked teams from wherever. No time soon probably, but $$$ will force it eventually.

Agree with everything you said. I like UCF, too. My son and his wife are alumni and I always pull for them. But they were better last year and played a tougher schedule last year. Not their fault about the schedule. The AAC is a good conference, but UCF's SOS just isn't there to even get them a sniff at playoff consideration even going undefeated. In time the playoffs will expand to 8 teams, at which time they can go in as a #8 and get hammered by whoever is #1. 8 teams will give every P5 conference champ a bid, the top-ranked non-P5 team an opportunity and then the other 2 highest ranked teams from wherever. No time soon probably, but $$$ will force it eventually.

I too like to see UCF do well. Their fans are a bit annoying right now but whatever. I like to see an up and coming program.

I disagree on "they cant' control the schedule" talk. They absolutely can schedule 1-off games with no return to Orlando - yes you have to do this years in advance, but that's a point to consider. If they scheduled a trip to Nebraska, or Texas etc. 4-5 years ago it'd help them a lot last year and this year.

Now they are undefeated, it's convenient to claim "we don't control the schedule" or "the schedule is make years in advance"...that convenient now. If you are a serious program that wants to make a jump in the college football world then that's exactly what you do - you plan a few years out and start taking away games until you can command a home/away...then to a better conference.

Instead the fans want the easy way out - bitch about unfairness. That part of their argument falls on deaf ears.

No, the disservice to UCF was by their schedule maker. Their schedule is ranked 106 right now (Sagarin). 106. 30+ teams would go undefeated with that schedule.

UCF would be a poor joke in the Top 4 CFP.

An 8 team playoff would be so sweet!

Since 1999 on sports boards, I've advocated for 8 teams.
The 5 Power-5 Conf. Champs, plus the next 3 highest ranked teams.

To answer the pointless fantasy land question.... I think this UCF team could run the table on UFs schedule AND also could have had 2 or 3 losses...

Run the table, LMFAO at that. While you ignore reality and recent history. o_O
UCF 35 - 24 Navy (2-7)
:rolleyes:

While UF struggled with a team like UCF plays all season:
UF 48-10 ColoSt ----- ColoSt 34 - 27 Arkansas

Right, and UCF's QB would put Drew Locke to shame also I'm guessing?
:rolleyes:

Your penis, as short as it is, is likely 4-5 times larger than your brain is.

I'm a Gator fan quite comfortable with my little Penis size and if my little brother in Oviedo can finally bang a few hotties and it's not messing up my already guaranteed trophyless season...Que sera sera.

Your own arrogant stupidity and disintegrating straw men are apparent to me, and to anyone else with a functioning brain.
:cool:

Last edited:
Sure, UCF’s 2018 best win is either a 52-40 shootout victory over a 6-4 Temple (yes, Temple) or a 45-14 rout of an unranked 6-4 Pittsburgh team on the verge of winning an abysmal ACC Coastal, but haven’t you heard? It’s a conspiracy, Pawwwwllll. :confused:

After all, UCF is the Champ, per AD Danny White... ;)

And undefeated UCF vs a 9-3, #3 SECe UF should be about an even match up... And if UCF wins, they can at least claim to be the Florida State Champ and make rings for it, like FSUcks has done in the past... :rolleyes:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ucf-vs-florida-and-lets-settle-this-nonsense/

‘Patsy’s’ like :eek::eek:

Charleston Southern FCS ( embarrassing )
Idaho FCS ( Embarrasing )
Colorado state

:D

Last edited:
14-26

Oh so you're impressed by UCF beating aubarn LAST year?

That has nothing to do with THIS team, but let's talk about it anyway.

The UCF-aubarn game meant the world to UCF, and nothing to aubarn. Gus had just gotten hammered by Georgia, and more importantly to him, had just signed his $49 M contract.

He had nothing to coach for in the bowl. The team had nothing to play for in the bowl. They were there to have fun in the sun.

UCF was there to prove to the world that they deserved to make the playoffs. They had all the motivation to play in that game.

aubarn had none. And UCF still barely won.

Stick UCF in the Playoffs where BOTH teams have something on the line, and they lose by 40.

Oh so you're impressed by UCF beating aubarn LAST year?

That has nothing to do with THIS team, but let's talk about it anyway.

The UCF-aubarn game meant the world to UCF, and nothing to aubarn. Gus had just gotten hammered by Georgia, and more importantly to him, had just signed his $49 M contract.

He had nothing to coach for in the bowl. The team had nothing to play for in the bowl. They were there to have fun in the sun.

UCF was there to prove to the world that they deserved to make the playoffs. They had all the motivation to play in that game.

aubarn had none. And UCF still barely won.

Stick UCF in the Playoffs where BOTH teams have something on the line, and they lose by 40.

Well I would only let them in over 2 loss teams due to their schedule and hope they lose a game to end the talk but people love to always claim a game doesn't mean anything when a big power 5 school loses a bowl game to these schools but many of the same people like to say it means that non-Power 5 school was crap when they lose these bowl games.

I think the biggest advantage these non-power 5 schools have is not getting beat up as bad with their schedule and having more games they don't have to be peaked for to win.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Watching them, they seem a good step short of the Alabamas of the world. As do most. And they seem short of the next tier too in spite of being undefeated.

But.

They are not garbage and defaulting to that is silly.

If they lose and you jump all over them, remember mizzou came into Gainesville and smashed us. Games happen. They are good. But until a school like them or even Boise or Memphis runs the table with 2-3wins over top tier SEC level teams, they will be outside.

‘Patsy’s’ like :eek::eek:

Charleston Southern FCS ( embarrassing )
Idaho FCS ( Embarrasing )
Colorado state

:D

Not that it matters to me, but Idaho was an FBS last season in the Sun. They volunteered to drop down to FCS Big Sky to reduce their travel expenses, being replaced in the Sun by ECa that was a much better geographic fit for all concerned.

EMBARRASSING you say??? :rolleyes:
Choke-la-homo only plays 2 ranked opponents.
Your CHOKERS LOST to #15 7-3 Texass. :D:p:D

They finally play another ranked team in this weeks final game, #9 WVa 8-1 Because only 3 teams in what's left of the 'has been' Big12/10 are even ranked, making them a patsy league. --- OOOPPSssss, West by-gawd Va choked on Okeey-St, so they'll drop in the polls. I wonder where the Chokers go if WVa beats them next week... o_O

While 3 SEC teams are ranked in the Top 7, with a total of 6 ranked in the Top 21.
1. UA
5. UGA - UF lost
7. LSU - UF won
13. UF - with 1st year HC Dan Mullen
17. UK - UF lost
21. MsSt - UF won

Again, we see why they nailed-your-head-to-da-flor.... :cool:

Last edited:
Good to see so many insecure Gator fans obsessing over UCF.

;)

A thread started by knight Ki-Meth head.
While you, among others, come to our board to beg 'big-brother' to even notice you, much less take you seriously... :rolleyes:

BTW, UF has played 4 of the other 5 SEC teams that are ranked in the Top 21.
~ How many have your lost knights played so far?
Ans: That would be only 1, #24 CFP Cincy that you just beat at home in a night game. So grats on your one big(ish) win on the season. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Christopher
Eventually, in the not too distant future, a P5 school is going to pound them into the dirt and that will be the end of them for quite a while...

It might happen this year in their bowl...

Well if we play them who knows.

Yep I don't want that matchup with how confused our LBs and safeties get in pass coverage many times.

UF 10 Ints, 3 Pic-6's -- Against our schedule including 4 Top 21 teams.
UCF 11 Ints, 2 Pic-6's -- Against their string of cupcakes plus #24 Cincy.

And the UCF QB would have a hard time passing off his back.... ;)
CeCe - Polite - Zuniga - Carter

A thread started by knight Ki-Meth head.
While you, among others, come to our board to beg 'big-brother' to even notice you, much less take you seriously... :rolleyes:

BTW, UF has played 4 of the other 5 SEC teams that are ranked in the Top 21.
~ How many have your lost knights played so far?
Ans: That would be only 1, #24 CFP Cincy that you just beat at home in a night game. So grats on your one big(ish) win on the season. :cool:
Really dude ki meth head wtf is wrong with you? Are you just warped are what?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT