ADVERTISEMENT

UCF

kimeth

Rowdy Reptile
Oct 29, 2004
Leesburg, Florida
In a world far away where no one plays defense UCF thinks they are great. 20 in a row...meh little sisters of the poor. Defense in this league is an absolute joke.Awful.

Reactions: FLDUKE
I don't think UCF is capable of winning against two top 4 teams, but I think their winning streak is still inpressive.

Reactions: footnfan1
They are fun to watch. Good for them. They have a bit of a little brother syndrome, but winning is winning.

There is plenty of room for them in the college football landscape.

I’ve said it a few times already. They were a much better team last year but they are still a good team with an explosive offense. Their defense is terrible and it doesn’t help that good ole Randy Shannon is their DC. I don’t expect them to ever be good on defense as long as he is there.

I schooled these 5th graders in basketball the other day....Not sure why im not in the NBA finals right now? I mean for god sakes i went undefeated

Last edited:
Lifelong Gator, but also a UCF fan. Our son and his wife are both alumni, they're close by and I just like them. Anyway, this year's UCF team is not as good as last years. The offense is explosive, but the defense sucks. Randy Shannon is the DC. Enough said. They had better players on last year's defense. They ARE a good team, but Temple is the only team they've beaten so far with a winning record and they gave up almost 700 yards of offense to them!! Temple beat Cincinnati and they're QB is excellent, but UCF does NOT deserve to be in the BCS Top 10. They're getting some cred from the committee for last year and the winning streak, but they are not one of the best 15-20 teams in the country this year. Last year they were. Cincy may get them in 2 weeks, but even if they go undefeated again, UCF has ZERO chance of finishing in the Top 6 and if they're ranked in the Top 10 as an undefeated it will be an overrating.

FTUStudentHandbook1968_69Cover_medium.jpg

Lifelong Gator, but also a UCF fan. Our son and his wife are both alumni, they're close by and I just like them. Anyway, this year's UCF team is not as good as last years. The offense is explosive, but the defense sucks. Randy Shannon is the DC. Enough said. They had better players on last year's defense. They ARE a good team, but Temple is the only team they've beaten so far with a winning record and they gave up almost 700 yards of offense to them!! Temple beat Cincinnati and they're QB is excellent, but UCF does NOT deserve to be in the BCS Top 10. They're getting some cred from the committee for last year and the winning streak, but they are not one of the best 15-20 teams in the country this year. Last year they were. Cincy may get them in 2 weeks, but even if they go undefeated again, UCF has ZERO chance of finishing in the Top 6 and if they're ranked in the Top 10 as an undefeated it will be an overrating.
I agree with all of what you just said.

I don't think UCF is capable of winning against two top 4 teams, but I think their winning streak is still inpressive.

I don't like them not having a good Power 5 team on the schedule (NC who isn't good got canceled) but 2 years straight would be pretty impressive. We also have to keep hearing how they beat the SEC runner up last season. I think there will be at least one Power 5 team with one loss for that 4th spot but if not I might consider taking them over a 2 loss team. The school is big enough with a very large alumni base where they could probably get enough tickets sold for that. If Houston could stay at 1 loss that would help their case a little.

I liked watching their team last year but they’ve become obnoxious and unlikable. Their team was better last year too. I mean they just came off a bye and gave up 600 yards of offense to a 3-loss Temple team. And that Temple team is the ONLY team they’ve played with a winning record. They had a better team and staff last year.

I don't like them not having a good Power 5 team on the schedule (NC who isn't good got canceled) but 2 years straight would be pretty impressive. We also have to keep hearing how they beat the SEC runner up last season. I think there will be at least one Power 5 team with one loss for that 4th spot but if not I might consider taking them over a 2 loss team. The school is big enough with a very large alumni base where they could probably get enough tickets sold for that. If Houston could stay at 1 loss that would help their case a little.
In UCF's defense, they did beat UConn 56-17 and Pitt 45-14. Those teams are usually pretty good, but it so happens this year they're not. Schedules are made year's in advance and it's hard to predict who is and isn't going to be good the year they play them. How made top tier P5 schools do you think would actually schedule UCF? They can only play who is on their schedule and they've beaten all comers 21 straight times. That's impressive no matter who you play. And last year although Auburn was technically the SEC runner-up, they were clearly the 3rd best team in the league behind Bama & GA. Long term, UCF needs to focus on upgrading their overall athletic program and work to get into one of the P5 conferences. That's the only way they'll ever truly be in the Finial 4 conversation. I hate it when you have 130 or so FBS schools supposedly competing for a national title when realistically only those teams in the Big 5 have a legit chance.

Jeaus christ i hope they get ass blasted every week...... Cant believe they hung that in the stadium

sadgator vacilates between thinking it is roguishly cool and totally annoying...

On one hand, UCF’s National Title is as valid as any other college football “championship” ever “awarded,” and it flagrantly exposes the hypocrisy of the NCAA in how it determines its college football “champion” each year...

On the other hand, it pisses sadgator off to see a program act like it is above the archaic and asinine rules the rest of us are forced to live by...

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913
UCF 31 - 30 Memphis

One week later....

Mizzou 65 - 33 Memphis

Mizzou is 4-4, 0-4 SEC

Well, maybe they are great, maybe they are not. But transitive scores is ridiculous. Can be done to make nearly anyone look bad. Texas beat Oklahoma. Maryland beat Texas. And so on. Be big boys. They are good. I don’t think great but cannot probably be that based on sports transitive.

Florida beats LSU by 8. LSU beats Georgia badly. Therefore, Florida beats Georgia be even more.

Oops, you mean it does not work that way?

Who knew.

For an AAC team, and they have been pretty good conference the last few years with wins over Auburn, Oklahoma, Mississippi, UCLA and more, to get in the playoff, they likely need two P5 games with both of those opponents having good years, winning both and running the table.

Give me your 'transitive' opinion on all of their opponents with at least a winning record, much less any that are very good teams.... :rolleyes:

Give me your 'transitive' opinion on all of their opponents with at least a winning record, much less any that are very good teams.... :rolleyes:
How about UCF crushed Pitt... game was over by half time. Pitt may be the best team in the ACC Coastal How’s that ?

How about UCF crushed Pitt... game was over by half time. Pitt may be the best team in the ACC Coastal How’s that ?

Pitt 5-4, 4-1 = The best team in the weak side of the All Cupcake Conf... WoW! :rolleyes:

Pitt 6 - 51 PSU 6-3
Pitt 35 - 38 NC 1-7
Pitt 14 - 45 UCF 8-0
Pitt 14 - 19 NL 9-0

PS
The neutered lame and UCF's schedules have a lot in common, besides being undefeated.... :confused:

Pitt 5-4, 4-1 = The best team in the weak side of the All Cupcake Conf... WoW! :rolleyes:

Pitt 6 - 51 PSU 6-3
Pitt 35 - 38 NC 1-7
Pitt 14 - 45 UCF 8-0
Pitt 14 - 19 NL 9-0

PS
The neutered lame and UCF's schedules have a lot in common, besides being undefeated.... :confused:
Yeah it’s amazing how bad the ACC Coastal is. No wonder FSU and UM will do everything they can to keep UCF from joining the conference. We are already better than both of them and probably 80% of every other P5 team without the advantages of being in a P5.

Yeah it’s amazing how bad the ACC Coastal is. No wonder FSU and UM will do everything they can to keep UCF from joining the conference. We are already better than both of them and probably 80% of every other P5 team without the advantages of being in a P5.
You have been better than FSU and Miami a few times in the entire history of the program. Let’s not get carried away. The ACC nor the SEC want UCF. For one the ACC and SEC already have the Florida market covered. Another Florida school will not be invited to either one of those conferences anytime soon. Also for being as good as UCF has been the last few years the attendance at the games is still lousy and UCFs stadium is kind of dumpy. It was built on the cheap.

The last time (1999) that UF gave UCF a game it was:
9-4 UF 55 - 26 UCF 4-7 (-29) -- and it wasn't as close as the score seems
And that was an off year for the Gators. For comparisons:
UF 20 - 3 SCa 0-11 (-17)
UF 31 - 10 LSU 3-8 (-21)
UF 13 - 6 VU 5-6 (-7)

We've heard the same kind of whining through the years from teams like SMs, Marshall, BSU, etc...

And oh BTW, if you demand a return 'home' game in that lego stadium, you're never gonna get another game with UF. But hey, you can still put up all of the NC signs in your own stadium that you want to, cause nobody will really care about it. :cool:

I
Agree never happening.. . Maybe Big 12. I love our stadium though, it rocks !
think that the Big12 should take both UCF and USF to get back to 12 teams and qualify for a Conf. Championship game. The NCAA letting them have one with only 10 teams is total BS!

Sorry, but a 45,000 seating capacity is too small for a home and home with Power-5's.
That's about the size of VU's stadium. The only reason they are allowed in the SEC is because they are a Charter (1932) Member. Vandy would probably be much better off in the AAC, but the money is too good for them to ever leave the SEC willingly...

Reactions: footnfan1
It is probably true that they would struggle some against a better schedule, but their fans have sure had a lot more fun the last couple of years than those of any other school in the state

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT