ADVERTISEMENT

Trump was right sadgator, when the looting starts shooting starts, but with his meaning not yours

@sadgator is a moron that's butthurt over being called a sheep. Trump meant that looting leads to violence, so local law enforcement needs to step in immediately and stop the looting to stop the violence.

Dem mayors across the country didn't. Ask yourself why. Not you, @sadgator, I mean the non-sheep here.

@sadgator is a moron that's butthurt over being called a sheep. Trump meant that looting leads to violence, so local law enforcement needs to step in immediately and stop the looting to stop the violence.

Dem mayors across the country didn't. Ask yourself why. Not you, @sadgator, I mean the non-sheep here.
What do you expect? Looting is only a part of the Democrats contribution to welfare.

Name this politician:

When faced with riots spread over 28 city blocks, this person

- declares a curfew within 24 hours
- sent in National guard and a massive police presence 36-48 hours later
- Gave police the authority to shoot to kill any arsonist or anyone with a Molotov cocktail in his hand, and to shoot to maim or cripple anyone looting any stores
- ended the rioting by end of 4th day

Reactions: nail1988
Name this politician:

- Gave police the authority to shoot to kill any arsonist or anyone with a Molotov cocktail in his hand, and to shoot to maim or cripple anyone looting any stores
Democrats Richard Daley and/or Lyndon Johnson
Not sure what part Johnson may have played.

He meant exactly what he said...it is a threat of force against the rioting...which is exactly what the historical quote meant...

You only need like a 5th grade reading comprehension level to understand it...because, well, Trump...

or you can just ignore the context and actual words and sheepishly accept his “clarification”.

Reactions: taesmooth
He meant exactly what he said...it is a threat of force against the rioting...which is exactly what the historical quote meant...

You only need like a 5th grade reading comprehension level to understand it...because, well, Trump...

or you can just ignore the context and actual words and sheepishly accept his “clarification”.
And you of course dont answer any part of the question. Do you have less than a 5th grade education and haven't covered reading yet. Obvious in dodging the question, you have no answer.

So then why didn't he start shooting them?

Also, you dems told us the 'them' in question were white supremacists....same white supremacists that you dems claim make up Trump's base.

Do you ever stop to think about how idiotic you sound sometimes?

Reactions: gatordad3
So then why didn't he start shooting them?

Lucky for us Trump never lives up to his promises and often times lies...

Let’s revisit the actual language just to point out how shameful it is that you won’t acknowledge it...

“Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts”

yeah...lol...totally “leads to shooting.” Shameful.

...and for the record...AGAIN...sadgator could not give one rat’s ass less if Trump gives the order to shoot every looter dead In the street in broad daylight...it matters not to sadgator...

it is just astonishing beyond belief to sadgator that you guys are so blind that you can’t even acknowledge the meaning of what he said...just own it..sadgator would have no problem with that...

Reactions: BSC911
Name this politician:

Stalin

...and for the record...AGAIN...sadgator could not give one rat’s ass less if Trump gives the order to shoot every looter dead In the street in broad daylight...it matters not to sadgator...

it is just astonishing beyond belief to sadgator that you guys are so blind that you can’t even acknowledge the meaning of what he said...just own it..sadgator would have no problem with that...
Give up.
Now, did I just tell you to give up or will you infer that (I) give up.

A Twitter account that tweeted a call to violence and claimed to be representing the position of "Antifa" was in fact created by a known white supremacist group, Twitter said Monday. The company removed the account.

Before it emerged the account was run by white supremacists, Donald Trump Jr., President Donald Trump's son, pointed his 2.8 million Instagram followers to the account as an example how dangerous Antifa is.
"This account violated our platform manipulation and spam policy, specifically the creation of fake accounts," a Twitter spokesperson said in a statement. "We took action after the account sent a Tweet inciting violence and broke the Twitter Rules."

I rarely if ever agree with sadgator about anything political but if thats how the POTUS intended his statement to read he needs a grammar lesson.

I interpreted it as " If you start looting, we start shooting (at you.)"
The problem is that the phrase requires interpretation and insertion of words like we and you.
The phrase is simply a fact that happenes in every riot that shooting follows looting. I can interpret it as when looting starts, shooting starts at the cops. We have several cops that have already been shot. But everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited:
The problem is that the phrase requires interpretation and insertion of words like we and you.
The phrase is simply a fact that happenes in every riot that shooting follows looting. I can interpret it as when looting starts, shooting starts at the cops. We have several cops that have already been shot. But everybody is entitled to their opinion.

That's all well and good but if two people on opposite ends of the political spectrum read it the same way, that would indicate to me the POTUS could have been more precise than he was.

That's all well and good but if two people on opposite ends of the political spectrum read it the same way, that would indicate to me the POTUS could have been more precise than he was.
He could definitely be more precise, no doubt but the opinion centers on intent and I think it can be interpreted in more than one way, including the way you did. But you seem to be offering a good faith opinion without saying you KNOW unequivocally his intent. My argument with some is that they do not KNOW it for a fact. It is an opinion which can be a strong opinion but opinion as such.

Last edited:
I rarely if ever agree with sadgator about anything political but if thats how the POTUS intended his statement to read he needs a grammar lesson.

I interpreted it as " If you start looting, we start shooting (at you.)"
Thank goodness. Jeez...honestly sadgator seriously doesn’t even care that he said ir...for real...but it just couldn’t be clearer.

All of that would be well and good, except for the exact same comparable historical use of the exact same phase....

He could definitely be more precise, no doubt but the opinion centers on intent and I think it can be interpreted in more than one way, including the way you did. But you seem to be offering a good faith opinion without saying you KNOW unequivocally his intent. My argument with some is that they do not KNOW it for a fact. It is an opinion which can be a strong opinion but opinion as such.
Only the willfully ignorant don’t know what he meant. You’re nit picking.

Lucky for us Trump never lives up to his promises and often times lies...

Let’s revisit the actual language just to point out how shameful it is that you won’t acknowledge it...

“Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts”

yeah...lol...totally “leads to shooting.” Shameful.

You are aware looters and the people trying to defend themselves from looters ARE getting shot EVERY NIGHT?

I mean...do you actually read and think about what you are saying before you hit Post Reply?

All of that would be well and good, except for the exact same comparable historical use of the exact same phase....

This should be good. @sadgator tell us all who explained this reasoning to you, and gave you the case for why you needed to be outraged.

We all know you didn't come up with this yourself, some media source fed it to you. Was it the Washington Post again?

This is what lefty media does, feed talking points to emotional libs who aren't smart enough to actually think about what they are claiming.

Sheep.

Ummm...sadgator isn’t outraged...he’s dumbfounded at your unwillingness to accept and acknowledge completely factual historical events.

It’s not a “talking point.” It’s a fact. sadgator is sure there are like 1000 liberal and conservative platforms (not to mention actual meeting minutes) that will confirm to you that Miami Police Chief Walter Headley used that exact phrase in public hearings before the City Commission in 1967? Are you seriously going to take the position that he didn’t? Have you critically thought about or conducted any of the independent research on this issue that you claim to always do? You totally should.

Absolutely. Trump is NOT a wordsmith. It's astonishing at times.

And maybe he did mean it the way you guys are saying but there's no way a responsible cop would start shooting when the looting began unless their was a legitimate threat to life or serious injury.

One thing that I'm sure of, the way I took his comment is exactly the way it has turned out. That feels more important than anything else. JMO

A reminder. Assume is the most used component of critical thinking by the left. Analysis most used by the conservative.

LOL I still want to know who explained WHY sad needed to be outraged and WHAT he needed to be outraged about.

Everyone here knows sad didn't reach this conclusion by himself. Sheep are always fed their talking points. I just want to know what the source was so we can mock it as well as sad for blindly swallowing it.

Including those owned by black people?

I'm assuming that these people will soon return to their homes (apartments, shacks, tents or refrigerator boxes) and burn them down too? Surely they come from slavery money as well?
What do you expect? That's libtard logic.
Black on black crime doesn't count. Even during riots/violent protests.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT