ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Wanted Staff Who Didn't Believe 2020 Election Was Rigged To Be Fired: Report

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2021
https://www.ibtimes.com/trump-wante...2020-election-was-rigged-fired-report-3651077
Trump Wanted Staff Who Didn't Believe 2020 Election Was Rigged To Be Fired: Report
By Danielle Ong
12/26/22 AT 10:26 PM

Former President Donald Trump had drafted a memo calling for staff members who did not believe the 2020 presidential election was rigged to be removed from their posts, according to a report released by the U.S. House committee.

The draft statement, which was never sent out, was brought up during the House Select Committee's interview of Trump White House Counsel Pasquale Anthony "Pat" Cipollone as part of their investigation of the events that led to the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

"Anybody that thinks there wasn't massive fraud in 2020 election should be fired," the drafted memo read, according to Cipollone, whose deposition was released by the House Select Committee on Friday.

The drafted memo came weeks after former Atty. Gen. Bill Barr dismissed Trump's claims of widespread voter fraud during the 2020 election, adding that the U.S. Justice Department found no evidence of fraud that could have changed the outcome of the election.

An obvious defender of free speech & the first amendment... 🤣

trump wants the government to punish Americans who don't engage in his lies

This raises some interesting questions.

If I'm the CEO of EvilCorp and I draft a memo stating that everyone who thinks the merger with Hellfire LLC was a bad idea should be fired, that is not covered by the first amendment.

Trump staffers are government employees. The purpose of the first amendment is to specifically restrict and enjoin the federal government from denying individual right to free expression.

So this is outside my purview, because I'm not a lawyer.

1) Could the memo be considered an order or was it his opinion?

2) If these staffers were terminated, could they challenge it on constitutional grounds?

3) If the memo was an order and the person who it was directed to refused to comply and was terminated, could that person challenge it on constitutional grounds by virtue of acting as an agent of the federal government, they can't execute an order that violates the 1st amendment?

Last edited:
This raises some interesting questions.

If I'm the CEO of EvilCorp and I draft a memo stating that everyone who thinks the merger with Hellfire LLC should be fired, that is not covered by the first amendment.

Trump staffers are government employees. The purpose of the first amendment is to specifically restrict and enjoin the federal government from denying individual right to free expression.

So this is outside my purview, because I'm not a lawyer.

1) Could the memo be considered an order or was it his opinion?

trump was ordering their firing...luckily for him WH counsel stopped it from being issued

2) If these staffers were terminated, could they challenge it on constitutional grounds?

Yes they most certainly would have...WH counsel got the memo squashed

3) If the memo was an order and the person who it was directed to refused to comply and was terminated, could that person challenge it on constitutional grounds by virtue of acting as an agent of the federal government, they can't execute an order that violates the 1st amendment?

Yes...that's why WH counsel was against its release.

The importance now is that it shows trump's criminal intent to conspiracy for his coup attempt

No, you don't. Planning a coup is intent. You don't have to prove intent to intend.

https://www.justsecurity.org/82247/...d-intent-in-efforts-to-overturn-the-election/

The January 6th House Select Committee has produced substantial evidence about former President Donald Trump’s knowledge and beliefs as he tried to overturn the 2020 election. This body of evidence carries potentially great legal (and moral) weight. That’s because several of Trump’s actions would amount to criminal (and morally outrageous) conduct if he acted with particular forms of knowledge and intent.

https://www.justsecurity.org/82247/...d-intent-in-efforts-to-overturn-the-election/

The January 6th House Select Committee has produced substantial evidence about former President Donald Trump’s knowledge and beliefs as he tried to overturn the 2020 election. This body of evidence carries potentially great legal (and moral) weight. That’s because several of Trump’s actions would amount to criminal (and morally outrageous) conduct if he acted with particular forms of knowledge and intent.
FFS Ray this is exactly what I was talking about yesterday. I stipulated that this was a coup attempt even though I don't think it was, I told you you already had criminal intent. I've essentially told you you were correct with minor inconsistencies and you're still arguing with me.

Take the damn win and continue mission.

I'm glad you're "satisfied" but to prove something in court you have to actually present evidence :rolleyes:

The memo and its subsequent pull back will show trump's knowledge the Big Lie was just that...a lie

"Former President Donald Trump had drafted a memo calling for staff members who did not believe the 2020 presidential election was rigged to be removed from their posts, according to a report released by the U.S. House committee."

Yes that's totally believable. Trump drafted a memo, then asked others what they thought.

You know, because if there's one thing Trump has shown throughout his career, it's that he's scared to fire employees unless everyone is on board with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT