ADVERTISEMENT

Trump walks with the Pro-Life March:

In my opinion, this was Trump's finest hour as Commander & Chief. I know Uterine is still recovering from his march with the Vagina-Bonnet wearing weirdos but, even the anti-Trumpers can't denounce this significance. Obama never for a second stood on the defense of innocent children.

Worth noting that there was a time not too long ago when Trump was pro-choice. The fact that he changed his stance so abruptly shows intelligence and a willingness to listen to the opinions of others who hold opposing views.

Admirable traits, which his detractors claim he does not possess.

PS: Shameful that Trump was the first President to attend. Every President since 1974 has had the opportunity.

Worth noting that there was a time not too long ago when Trump was pro-choice. The fact that he changed his stance so abruptly shows intelligence and a willingness to listen to the opinions of others who hold opposing views.

Admirable traits, which his detractors claim he does not possess.

PS: Shameful that Trump was the first President to attend. Every President since 1974 has had the opportunity.
Right, the first president in an era where abortions have become almost as routine as removing an ingrown toenail. We should all be ashamed that an innocent baby has been forsaken for nearly 50 years.

Obama was (and is) solidly in cahoots with Planned Parenthood. Frankly the most pro-abortion president we’ve ever had.

I still don’t know if Trump’s pro-life motivations are solidly authentic or political positioning to be aligned with the conservative base. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until he gives me reason to believe otherwise.
It matters little where his heart is for that is beyond our ability to judge his intention. The fact that he made a stand (when no other president would touch that issue) means he is potentially forsaking political support from moderates or conservative agnostic voters. Doing the right thing isn't necessarily the PC thing to do.

Obama was (and is) solidly in cahoots with Planned Parenthood. Frankly the most pro-abortion president we’ve ever had.

I still don’t know if Trump’s pro-life motivations are solidly authentic or political positioning to be aligned with the conservative base. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until he gives me reason to believe otherwise.

Well, the abortion he paid for should clear that up. Too bad the parties signed a CA.

I guess I’ll add homophobe to your list of credentials.

what branch did you serve in?

Ah the ole liberal sawbone of accusing someone of being racist/bigot/homophobe to attempt to shut them up when they are exposing the slime and corruption on the left.

Notice today, the libs aren't outraged that don lemon encouraged his guests to mock half of America, they are outraged that Pres Trump pointed it out, accusing him of being.....wait for it....a racist for doing so.

Maybe the left should stop being horrible people?

Apparently he’s afraid that a decorated veteran is able to serve as CIC because he’s gay.

Yet he has no problem with a bone spur draft dodger. Go figure.
2 questions:
1) Are bone spurs a disqualifying medical condition?

2) Does President Trump have bone spurs?

If the answer to both those questions is in the affirmative, the President is not a draft dodger.

2 questions:

If the answer to both those questions is in the affirmative, the President is not a draft dodger.

The answer to Q 1 is yes - just trying to be helpful for those out there now knowing that answer :)

2 questions:

Good questions. For the first, you’ll have to refer to the military manual.

For the second, I’d have to see the X-ray. They don’t seem to limit his ability to play golf every day. From what I understand, there are different levels, but most aren’t debilitating and are usually associated with old age. They were also commonly used by rich kids to avoid military service. I’m sure there are plenty of people with mild cases that have served.

what do you think?

For the second, I’d have to see the X-ray. They don’t seem to limit his ability to play golf every day. From what I understand, there are different levels, but most aren’t debilitating and are usually associated with old age. They were also commonly used by rich kids to avoid military service. I’m sure there are plenty of people with mild cases that have served.

what do you think?

Sounds like he thinks you shot your mouth off without knowing the facts. As usual.

what do you think?
Never played golf but it seems to be a mostly upper bodied exercise followed by a ride in a little cart.

There are many medical disqualifiers that seem arbitrary, like flat feet and asthma. The military makes the determination. If the Donald showed up to the draft board rather than high tailing it to Canada, I fail to see how he is a draft dodger.
Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Never played golf but it seems to be a mostly upper bodied exercise followed by a ride in a little cart.

There are many medical disqualifies that seem arbitrary, like flat feet and asthma. The military makes the determination. If the Donald showed up to the draft board rather than high tailing it to Canada, I fail to see how he is a draft dodger.
Your mileage may vary.

Well, I certainly don’t know the details. Was he examined by a military doctor, or did he just get a note from his doctor? How serious was it?

So I’m basing my comment on his history of playing fast and loose with the rules. I’m quite certain that he could have served if he wanted to.

So I’m basing my comment on his history of playing fast and loose with the rules.

I'm betting you're basing your comment on bad info you always get about Trump from your lefty sources. Like claiming he always lies, but not being able to name a single lie he's told. Or not knowing that his tax returns were audited as part of being President.

You keep listening to people that lie to you, then repeat the lies here, and they get shot down. Because unlike you, we actually vet our information sources, you just listen to whoever tells you the story you want to hear.

Well, I certainly don’t know the details. Was he examined by a military doctor, or did he just get a note from his doctor? How serious was it?

So I’m basing my comment on his history of playing fast and loose with the rules. I’m quite certain that he could have served if he wanted to.
Your opinion is quite respected on this site, sir.

Well, I certainly don’t know the details. Was he examined by a military doctor, or did he just get a note from his doctor? I’m quite certain that he could have served if he wanted to.

I don't think you can bring a note from your doctor. I'm reasonably sure that the procedures followed at MEPS then are the same as now. You do a bunch of silly exercises in your underwear in front of doctors.

I'm curious about the last bit. Why would he want to go to Vietnam? We were fighting someone else's war on the other side of the world. Wasn't anything particularly patriotic about it, and damned sure not worth drafting American men over.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I don't think you can bring a note from your doctor. I'm reasonably sure that the procedures followed at MEPS then are the same as now. You do a bunch of silly exercises in your underwear in front of doctors.

I'm curious about the last bit. Why would he want to go to Vietnam? We were fighting someone else's war on the other side of the world. Wasn't anything particularly patriotic about it, and damned sure not worth drafting American men over.
Why would anyone? Many consider it a patriotic duty.

Wrong questions answers and assumptions. The war (Vietnam) was not the problem (Evil). The problem was the government not willing to do whatever it takes to win aka no bombing this place, no troops here or this silly rule here and that one there (BSC911). Why would anyone sign up to fight for a war when the country sending you to war does NOT have your back?

Legally avoiding that is just plain smart.

Patriotism is fealty to the constitution as written and executed via original intent. The oath ain't to the government of men but the law that is supposed to govern them and us. And most assuredly I ain't going to be lectured on patriotism by any dumb*ss democrats (not talking about you BSC if you are a dem but leadership and their talking head collaborators) who have been subverting the intent of the document since 1913 or before even.

Meh.

I did 8 years in the Marines, most of it cleaning up messes we started in the 70s in South America. I went where I was sent. Did not see how most of it benefitted America.

Hell most ( or at least most of our larger involvements) of our wars over the last 100 years has been cleaning up the mess that Britain and France have committed

- WWI
- WW2 stemmed from the immense war reparations France and Britain forced onto Germany against Wilson’s struggles to prevent
- Lebanon marine barracks: the whole Lebanon-Syria problems stem from
the French mandate after WWI from the French allowing Baathists to remain in power
- Gulf War I: The British Mandate from WWI maintained the Ottoman Baathists in power
- Gulf War II (not including the Afghan bit) see GWI
- Grenada: British colony made independent in 1974 with poorly established governmental structure in place thereby suffering coup 4 years later

There are alot of messes out there

Me and the boys could have put a wrap on Vietnam in a couple weeks. The first 400 doggies on the ground in 1965 killed 1200 Cong in 48 hours. Micromanagement from the White House road blocked these fierce warriors and pals from clean up.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Me and the boys could have put a wrap on Vietnam in a couple weeks. The first 400 doggies on the ground in 1965 killed 1200 Cong in 48 hours. Micromanagement from the White House road blocked these fierce warriors and pals from clean up.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

My Patriotic duty is to protect my freedom and opposing forces that are attempting to trespass on my land and remove my rights to bear arms or own land.
Wolverines!

So if your country asked you to serve, you would decline?

Wolverines!

So if your country asked you to serve, you would decline?
Drafting doesn't work. There was study done in Nam that showed unless officers or NCOs were around, most people just fired into the brush. Another showed a high casualty rate after mid tour liberty and right before end of deployment. When you are in an all voluntary force, your mind is on the job.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Drafting doesn't work. There was study done in Nam that showed unless officers or NCOs were around, most people just fired into the brush. Another showed a high casualty rate after mid tour liberty and right before end of deployment. When you are in an all voluntary force, your mind is on the job.

I agree. Some are better able to handle war than others. Some revel in it. Others contribute more in other professions.

I’m glad I had a choice.

I already served my country, Sir. and you?
I did not. I wasn’t asked to. Thank you for your valuable contributions for our country.

I was making a bad joke about foreign invasions. Other than Red Dawn, I couldn’t think of any recently.

But you confused me when you say you served but only to protect your personal freedom. That doesn’t seem to jive.

I did not. I wasn’t asked to. Thank you for your valuable contributions for our country.

I was making a bad joke about foreign invasions. Other than Red Dawn, I couldn’t think of any recently.

But you confused me when you say you served but only to protect your personal freedom. That doesn’t seem to jive.
I served and was honorably discharged and you didn't have to serve because volunteers like myself did it for you. So, you're welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT