ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is damaged goods, DeSantis is the future.

I am the least likely person to "change" than anyone you know. I voted for Ronald Reagan when I was 18 years old, and have been an America loving conservative my whole life. EVERYTHING in my life that is important to me(not including family and friends) revolve around my love of my Country. Let me explain. I LOVE the military. Why? Because without them...America would not be a free Country. So I hold them up pretty high because without them, no America as we know it. I think of everything this way. With lib thinking that it is ALL about Trump...you could replace Trump where I said military here...and it is the EXACT same thing. I DO love Trump. Not the man. Not at ALL. I DO love what he has done for America. We can debate that part...but to the point here...it is NOT about Trump to me AT ALL. You can say the same about Reagan. I could not LOVE Reagan or Trump...never met either. But I LOVE what Reagan did for America.
I like this but I differ from you in that it isn't even country for me. I am an American because of a set of ideas. I will always be an American wherever I live and regardless if I choose to become a dual citizen. I owe fealty to the Declaration and the Constitution. I see those docs as being similar to the Old and New Testaments. The Declaration should inform us on how we interpret the Constitution. If the Declaration is the lens with which we view the Constitution then we never would have had Roe or Ogerbefell.

For me being an American exists between the ears. The left rejects the Judeo-Christian ethos that is the backbone of the Declaration and the Constitution.

One week later and Trump still hasn’t condemned his guests. I guess he is afraid of offending his base.

“President Trump should condemn Kanye West and Nick Fuentes’s Jew hatred, antisemitism and Holocaust denial,” said Morton A. Klein, the president of the Zionist Organization of America, which honored Trump with a rare prize on Nov. 13 recognizing his administration’s Israel policies. “Even if he didn’t know who Nick Fuentes was — one could easily believe that to be true — but now that he knows, he should say something.”

Reactions: RayGravesGhost
LOL. I never thought about that but you are spot on. Just spews the same angry diatribe in every post.

Probably lives in a trailer.

I suspect he makes a decent living. If he lives in a trailer, it’s probably not due to poverty.

I think he’s spent most of his adult life “outsmarting” customers negotiating sales at a car dealership. That would explain his overconfidence.

• Haha
Reactions: EvilWayz
I suspect he makes a decent living. If he lives in a trailer, it’s probably not due to poverty.

I think he’s spent most of his adult life “outsmarting” customers negotiating sales at a car dealership. That would explain his overconfidence.
i think the opposite. No college degree so he’s very insecure about his intelligence, therefore overcompensates by calling everyone else stupid. It’s a classic profile.

And my trailer comment was in regards to Ghosts characterization of Trump supporters.

Last edited:
I like this but I differ from you in that it isn't even country for me. I am an American because of a set of ideas. I will always be an American wherever I live and regardless if I choose to become a dual citizen. I owe fealty to the Declaration and the Constitution. I see those docs as being similar to the Old and New Testaments. The Declaration should inform us on how we interpret the Constitution. If the Declaration is the lens with which we view the Constitution then we never would have had Roe or Ogerbefell.

For me being an American exists between the ears. The left rejects the Judeo-Christian ethos that is the backbone of the Declaration and the Constitution.
We agree, and THIS is what being an American is all about. Our Constitution IS America...and the left makes a mockery of it, because it restricts them from their agenda's...which is what is important to them

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
i think the opposite. No college degree so he’s very insecure about his intelligence, therefore overcompensates by calling everyone else stupid. It’s a classic profile.

And my trailer comment was in regards to Ghosts characterization of Trump supporters.
LOL One MAJOR difference between you and me...you are a (insert name for cat and part of a woman you do not know much of) (use your imagination) I NEVER, EVER have run to a mod because someone huwwwwt my feelings. I know every lib is soft, and maybe open public forums are not for you guys, especially mommas boys like bsuck. You may should ask you doctor for testosterone supplements! You are welcome!

LOL One MAJOR difference between you and me...you are a (insert name for cat and part of a woman you do not know much of) (use your imagination) I NEVER, EVER have run to a mod because someone huwwwwt my feelings. I know every lib is soft, and maybe open public forums are not for you guys, especially mommas boys like bsuck. You may should ask you doctor for testosterone supplements! You are welcome!
Careful, you don’t want to get banned again. And for the record I never reported you to the Mods. They can see your angry rants for themselves. I actually find them funny.

Ghost is the one who hits the report button like Pee Wee Herman hits his wanker. You must be talking about him.

Members of the Lincoln Project and other hard-core ant-Trumpers are a pretty shitty group of people.... Looks like their latest play is to begin discrediting DeSantis to boost Trump - all to presumably help Trump's chances to regain the GOP nomination for POTUS in 2024. If he's the existential threat they claim he is, why go after DeSantis in order to help Trump?

Members of the Lincoln Project and other hard-core ant-Trumpers are a pretty shitty group of people.... Looks like their latest play is to begin discrediting DeSantis to boost Trump - all to presumably help Trump's chances to regain the GOP nomination for POTUS in 2024. If he's the existential threat they claim he is, why go after DeSantis in order to help Trump?

Agreed. I hate this tactic.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

There are people who call themselves conservatives and/or Republicans who still support the Lincoln Project.

It is pathetic.

Let's build on that.

Being an American is valuing the power and dignity of the individual, limited government and a general notion of us being "better, together".

It ultimately is borne out of the renaissance and the enlightenment. It is a rejection of monarchy, aristocracy and theocracy. It believes in freedom of religion and i would argue, is not tethered, per se, to Judeo-Christian values. (I am an Episcopalian whose grandfather was Jewish) Why is this important?

You can be a buddhist, muslim or hindu (or other) and as long as you adhere to the above, you can be an American.

There is a part two to this.

(Part 2)
Now, I do think that individuals who grew up in authoritarian cultures (read: China) need to be truly honest about why they are coming to America. Is it for freedom or access? Or is it the latter to (at least for now) the richest country and then bringing in your authoritarian values.

(Part 2)
Now, I do think that individuals who grew up in authoritarian cultures (read: China) need to be truly honest about why they are coming to America. Is it for freedom or access? Or is it the latter to (at least for now) the richest country and then bringing in your authoritarian values.
You could reasonably substitute Californians moving to red states and bringing blue state habits with them. Ugh.

• Haha
(Part 2)

Why do you believe they aren't being truly honest?

Most Chinese & Indian immigrants come here on education visas and then get work visas from US corporations looking for high skilled labor...100% legal

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/resear...-states-newest-immigrants-are-educated-asians

Visas for High-Skilled Workers​

About 60,000 students from India and China came to study in the U.S. in 2014-2015, according a survey by the Institute of International Education. Many are likely to find jobs here after they graduate, with the help of visa programs for high-skilled labor.

In 2014, Indian immigrants held two-thirds of the more than 160,000 annual H-1B visas for high-skilled workers, while Chinese immigrants held 87 percent of the roughly 8,800 EB-5 visas for investors who create jobs. Together, Indian and Chinese immigrants held a third of the 150,000 L-1 visas for managers or skilled employees from overseas offices being transferred by their employer to the United States.

Though the employment visas are temporary, they are renewable and provide legal work status and the ability to compete for the 140,000 job-related green cards issued annually. Though no figures are available on how many temporary work visas are eventually converted to green cards and citizenship, they do provide a path for legal immigration.

“Since employment-based immigrants do not rely on U.S. family ties for their sponsorship, they become potent new seed immigrants for further future immigration by sponsoring their families to join them in the United States,” the MPI wrote.

People who flee blue states are mostly moderates fleeing oppressive regulation and woke culture. If they were mostly lefties, Florida would be blue by now.
It depends which state they’re fleeing. My Texas friends say the Cali folks are taking unreal home sale cash and buying up homes they think are bargains and driving up prices. Meanwhile they’ve voted Dem forever and don’t care because they’re sitting in a 5,000 sq Ft house with a pool instead of a 1200 sq Ft shoebox.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
It depends which state they’re fleeing. My Texas friends say the Cali folks are taking unreal home sale cash and buying up homes they think are bargains and driving up prices. Meanwhile they’ve voted Dem forever and don’t care because they’re sitting in a 5,000 sq Ft house with a pool instead of a 1200 sq Ft shoebox.

My family migrated from New York to Florida when I was a kid. While admittedly anecdotal, my experience with people who have the same background is that they tend to be socially center-left and fiscally center-right.

Why do you believe they aren't being truly honest?

Most Chinese & Indian immigrants come here on education visas and then get work visas from US corporations looking for high skilled labor...100% legal

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/resear...-states-newest-immigrants-are-educated-asians

Visas for High-Skilled Workers​

About 60,000 students from India and China came to study in the U.S. in 2014-2015, according a survey by the Institute of International Education. Many are likely to find jobs here after they graduate, with the help of visa programs for high-skilled labor.

In 2014, Indian immigrants held two-thirds of the more than 160,000 annual H-1B visas for high-skilled workers, while Chinese immigrants held 87 percent of the roughly 8,800 EB-5 visas for investors who create jobs. Together, Indian and Chinese immigrants held a third of the 150,000 L-1 visas for managers or skilled employees from overseas offices being transferred by their employer to the United States.

Though the employment visas are temporary, they are renewable and provide legal work status and the ability to compete for the 140,000 job-related green cards issued annually. Though no figures are available on how many temporary work visas are eventually converted to green cards and citizenship, they do provide a path for legal immigration.

“Since employment-based immigrants do not rely on U.S. family ties for their sponsorship, they become potent new seed immigrants for further future immigration by sponsoring their families to join them in the United States,” the MPI wrote.
I just don't think they ask themselves the question.

It does tend to be 100% legal and yes, for the reasons you state. Excellent individuals and talent.
The "issue" is that they bring values that are different than the core of the founding.

My grandfather came over to escape the holocaust and married a swedish woman (you go, grandpa, lol) It was always about freedom and a celebration thereof. Not just access to high paying (in this case) tech jobs.
Again, freedom versus access.

It matters a lot when you get to resistance or support around things like mask mandates, school lockdowns, vaccine mandates, etc.

DeSantis is Donald Trump with brains and without the drama. He’s the future of the republican party. He may not be the hero we want, but he’s the hero we need.

And vaccines are GREAT...stop you from catching covid without any danger...RIGHT 1776?? LOLOLOL I do not trust "doctors" like you...so your choice in politics would rate the exact same!

Knowing how little the quack is respected here, is this a form of inverse psychology?

I don't judge anyone (Trump or DeSantis) as a result of postings by any quacks.....

I do have some good advice for 'The Donald' though. Just stick to the issues and what you've done, instead of your stupid attacks on Ron. Playing party politics instead of sticking with the issues, has a lot to to with were we've come to in this FAILED 2-party system.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Knowing how little the quack is respected here, is this a form of inverse psychology?

I don't judge anyone (Trump or DeSantis) as a result of postings by any quacks.....

I do have some good advice for 'The Donald' though. Just stick to the issues and what you've done, instead of your stupid attacks on Ron. Playing party politics instead of sticking with the issues, has a lot to to with were we've come to in this FAILED 2-party system.
I think it is the only way he loses if he keeps attacking DeSantis. he needs to attack the IDIOT in office now, and speak of how he will turn America around.

The Biden administration is refusing to read Governor Ron DeSantis’ op-ed recapping his leadership in ending Disney’s Corporate Kingdom.

“I have not read the op-ed and frankly, I don't plan to,” – Biden official

If the Biden team is this afraid of something, that’s probably a clue that it’s a good read.

On Monday, I signed the law ending the Walt Disney Co.’s self-governing status over 43 square miles in central Florida, an area almost as big as Miami. Disney no longer has its own government. It has to live under the same laws as Universal Studios, SeaWorld and every other company in our state and is still on the hook for the old district’s municipal debt.

=====

Disney’s special arrangement, which dates to 1967, was an indefensible example of corporate welfare. It provided the company with favorable tax treatment, including the ability to assess its own property valuations and to enjoy the benefits of regional infrastructure improvements without paying taxes toward the projects. It exempted Disney from Florida’s building and fire-prevention codes. It even allowed Disney to build a nuclear power plant and to use eminent domain to seize private property outside the district’s boundaries. While special districts are common in Florida, Disney’s deal was conspicuous in the massive benefits it conferred. Disney’s self-governing status endured because the company’s unrivaled political power in Florida made its arrangement virtually untouchable.

For more than 50 years, the state of Florida put Disney on a pedestal. That all changed last year, when left-wing activists working at the company’s headquarters in Burbank, Calif., pressured Disney to oppose Florida’s Parental Rights in Education Act. The legislation bans classroom instruction on sexuality and gender ideology in kindergarten through third grade and requires that sex instruction in other grades be age-appropriate. Disney executives were seen on videos boasting about the company’s plans to inject sexuality into its programming for children.

Democrats often rail about corporations’ nefarious influence over politics and oppose favorable exceptions for big companies. Yet they supported keeping Disney’s special self-governing status. This confirms how much the modern left has jettisoned principle in favor of power. As long as large corporations help advance the left’s woke agenda, the left is willing to do their bidding.

The question many people asked me after the Disney face-off was: Why would a company like Disney tarnish its family-friendly brand, built up over almost 100 years, by publicly aligning itself with the fringe left’s agenda to limit the rights of parents to have a say in what is taught to very young children? The answer lies in how the left has pressured big companies like Disney to use their power to advance the woke political agenda.

As a basic matter, the fiduciary duty that the CEO and board of a publicly traded corporation owe to shareholders is inconsistent with allowing the company to be turned into a partisan political fighting machine. Fiduciary duty aside, most CEOs and directors understand that as a matter of prudence, big companies seldom benefit from taking positions on contentious political issues, particularly those unrelated to their businesses.

In recent years, two factors have altered this calculation. First, groups of employees at some corporations want their employer to reflect their own political values. Such employees aren’t a majority, but they are loud and militant. Executives often try to placate these employees, without success. Instead, such gestures embolden the entitled employees to presume that their employer will fall into line in the next political battle. The inmates soon run the asylum.

The second factor is power. A traditional corporate executive may have power within the company, but a woke CEO can use the corporate bully pulpit to exert influence over society. This is especially true amid the push for environmental, social, and governance responsibility in corporate America. ESG provides a pretext for CEOs to use shareholder assets on issues like reducing the use of fossil fuels. ESG is a way for the left to achieve through corporate power what it can’t get at the ballot box.
(Environmental, social, and corporate governance, ESG)

In Florida, we understand the implications of the ESG movement. We prohibited the state’s pension fund managers from using ESG criteria when making investment decisions. Florida has recovered its shareholder voting rights from large asset managers and is seeking to pool its votes with other states to create a potent anti-ESG voting bloc. In its coming session, the Florida Legislature will codify anti-ESG initiatives into law and protect Floridians from discrimination by large financial institutions on the basis of political or religious beliefs.

The regrettable upshot of the woke ascendancy is that publicly traded corporations have become combatants in battles over American politics and culture, almost invariably siding with leftist causes. It is unthinkable that large companies would side with conservative Americans on the Second Amendment, the right to life, election integrity or religious liberty.

In this environment, old-guard corporate Republicanism isn’t up to the task at hand. For decades, GOP elected officials have campaigned on free-market principles but governed as corporatists—supporting subsidies, tax breaks and legislative carve-outs to confer special benefits on entrenched corporate interests. But policies that benefit corporate America don’t necessarily serve the interests of America’s people and economy.

When corporations try to use their economic power to advance a woke agenda, they become political, and not merely economic, actors. In such an environment, reflexively deferring to big business effectively surrenders the political battlefield to the militant left. Having private companies wield de facto public power isn’t in the best interests of most Americans.

Woke ideology is a form of cultural Marxism. Leaders must stand up and fight back when big corporations make the mistake, as Disney did, of using their economic might to advance a political agenda. We are making Florida the state where the economy flourishes because we are the state where woke goes to die.

• Love
Reactions: blubo and EvilWayz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT