ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Had More Than 300 Classified Documents at Mar-a-Lago Which He Went Thru Himself And Lied To The FBI About Having Them

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2021
Appears donald went thru the boxes himself...and continued to retain classified documents even after telling the FBI they had all of the documents

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/22/us/politics/trump-mar-a-lago-documents.html
Trump Had More Than 300 Classified Documents at Mar-a-Lago
The National Archives found more than 150 sensitive documents when it got a first batch of material from the former president in January,
helping to explain the Justice Department’s urgent response.

By Maggie Haberman, Jodi Kantor, Adam Goldman and Ben Protess
Aug. 22, 2022Updated 8:47 p.m. ET

6qte62.jpg

The initial batch of documents retrieved by the National Archives from former President Donald J. Trump in January included more than 150 marked as classified, a number that ignited intense concern at the Justice Department and helped trigger the criminal investigation that led F.B.I. agents to swoop into Mar-a-Lago this month seeking to recover more, multiple people briefed on the matter said.

In total, the government has recovered more than 300 documents with classified markings from Mr. Trump since he left office, the people said: that first batch of documents returned in January, another set provided by Mr. Trump’s aides to the Justice Department in June and the material seized by the F.B.I. in the search this month.
The previously unreported volume of the sensitive material found in the former president’s possession in January helps explain why the Justice Department moved so urgently to hunt down any further classified materials he might have.

And the extent to which such a large number of highly sensitive documents remained at Mar-a-Lago for months, even as the department sought the return of all material that should have been left in government custody when Mr. Trump left office, suggested to officials that the former president or his aides had been cavalier in handling it, not fully forthcoming with investigators, or both.

The specific nature of the sensitive material that Mr. Trump took from the White House remains unclear. But the 15 boxes Mr. Trump turned over to the archives in January, nearly a year after he left office, included documents from the C.I.A., the National Security Agency and the F.B.I. spanning a variety of topics of national security interest, a person briefed on the matter said.

Mr. Trump went through the boxes himself in late 2021, according to multiple people briefed on his efforts, before turning them over.

The highly sensitive nature of some of the material in the boxes prompted archives officials to refer the matter to the Justice Department, which within months had convened a grand jury investigation.

Aides to Mr. Trump turned over a few dozen additional sensitive documents during a visit to Mar-a-Lago by Justice Department officials in early June. At the conclusion of the search this month, officials left with 26 boxes, including 11 sets of material marked as classified, comprising scores of additional documents. One set had the highest level of classification, top secret/sensitive compartmented information.

The Justice Department investigation is continuing, suggesting that officials are not certain whether they have recovered all the presidential records that Mr. Trump took with him from the White House.

Even after the extraordinary decision by the F.B.I. to execute a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago on Aug. 8, investigators have sought additional surveillance footage from the club, people familiar with the matter said.

It was the second such demand for the club’s security tapes, said the people familiar with the matter, and underscored that authorities are still scrutinizing how the classified documents were handled by Mr. Trump and his staff before the search.

A spokesman for Mr. Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment. A spokeswoman for the F.B.I. declined to comment.

Mr. Trump’s allies insist that the president had a “standing order” to declassify material that left the Oval Office for the White House residence, and have claimed that the General Services Administration, not Mr. Trump’s staff, packed the boxes with the documents.

No documentation has come to light confirming that Mr. Trump declassified the material, and the potential crimes cited by the Justice Department in seeking the search warrant for Mar-a-Lago would not hinge on the classification status of the documents.

National Archives officials spent much of 2021 trying to get back material from Mr. Trump, after learning that roughly two dozen boxes of presidential records material had been lingering in the White House residence for several months. Under the Presidential Records Act, all official material remains government property and has to be provided to the archives at the end of a president’s term.

Reactions: CMBeal
First question I have is....how would ANYONE know this without the party that we KNOW is crooked and has had an agenda against him for 5 years...LEAKED the story to control the narrative? How about that lil dik?

I’m sorry - but I just can’t see the guy going through these files in any meaningful way.

I have a hard time envisioning trump doing any work also...except when his freedom is involved.

If trump doesn't know what's in the boxes...

How did they get there?
Why didn't he return them?

I have a hard time envisioning trump doing any work also...except when his freedom is involved.

How did they get there?
The Washington Examiner recently reported that Joe Biden is on course to spend more time away from the White House than any of his recent predecessors. Biden has spent more than a quarter of his first year in office in Delaware, typically on weekends, and has continued that trend in year two.
Biden has spent an estimated 188 full or partial days away from the White House, with 130 spent at his Delaware properties, 52 at Camp David, and six in Nantucket.
238392_5_.jpg

If that pace holds, Biden will spend roughly 553 days away from the White House over his first term.
How does this record compare to previous U.S. presidents?
President Donald Trump spent 381 days away from the White House while in office.
Obama spent 328 days away during his tenure, while George W. Bush spent 1,020 days away from the White House for his two terms. Bill Clinton was away for 345 days during his tenure.

7_91_9.gif

These numbers are irrelevant, perhaps, because the burden of the presidency always prevails, irrespective of the physical location.
Vacations must never be scoffed at. All humans, irrespective of the job they do, deserve a break from their daily rigmarole. A weekend getaway or an occasional vacation for a week or two is needed to refresh the mind and body.
For a president, spending time away from Washington often provides valuable time to ponder complex issues and contemplate innovative solutions. A change of location often lends a fresh perspective. It also provides an opportunity to interact freely with advisers in a relaxed atmosphere without being suited and booted and away from the prying eyes of the press.
The problem isn't only that Biden is spending time away from Washington; the problem is also what he does in Washington.
When in the White House, Biden usually has few events scheduled on his calendar. These typically are meet-and-greets with foreign leaders. There are also scripted live addresses. Biden is frequently late for live events, often by even an hour. When he does read his teleprompter, he sounds as if he is just discovering not just the content, but new words. He often whispers, mumbles, and sounds incoherent.

Doctor: if You Suffer from Fungus. Do This Immediately!

Drink This Before Bed and Drop Body Weight Like Crazy

7_232_19.gif

Biden is seldom subjected to impromptu interactions with the press. There have also been situations where the press is rudely ejected from the Oval Office as it is asking questions of Biden.
Upon taking office, Biden pledged to be more transparent about the activities within the White House. The White House publishes a daily log of visitors. Can this log be trusted to be fully transparent? We know the answer to that.
However, the New York Post reported that the same openness doesn't apply to Biden's home in Delaware. No visitor logs are published.
This is particularly concerning owing to the Biden family's record of shady business dealings in China and Ukraine. Equally concerning is Hunter Biden's amateur artworks receiving astronomical sums from anonymous foreign buyers. It is common knowledge that art sales have been among the primary methods for money laundering.
The question remains: are other shady deals being struck in Delaware? Is national interest being compromised for the Bidens' gain? Who is meeting with Biden or his handlers in Delaware? We may never know.
The lack of transparency of the activities when Biden is away from the White House is more worrying than Biden merely being away.
We now focus on Biden's output.
If the U.S. were prospering and the world were at peace, nobody would begrudge Biden even if he made Delaware his full-time residence. But alas, that is emphatically not the case. Since Biden took office, the citizenry has been subjected to one unprecedented crisis after another.
The struggle begins with economic woes. Inflation in the U.S. is at a 40-year high, resulting in soaring costs of living. Just last month, unemployment rose to 5.950 million.
Those who are employed and can afford to survive the record inflation are suffering due to the supply chain crisis. Even infants have not been spared due to a shortage of baby formula.
Biden has also failed to protect the homeland. The U.S. border is almost unguarded, leading to a considerable influx of illegal migrants and large-scale trafficking of illicit narcotics such as fentanyl.
The crime wave is rampant with shootings, and gang violence is becoming a frequent occurrence.
Beyond the U.S., Biden's disgracefully hasty withdrawal from Afghanistan left that country volatile. It doubtless emboldened Russia to intervene militarily in Ukraine and China to make aggressive overtures toward Taiwan.
Biden frequently makes reckless claims, which the White House has to walk back later.
Overall, Biden has made the U.S. appear as an empire on the verge of drastic decline. He has also made the U.S. appear to be an unreliable and uncaring ally.
An objective study of presidential history may reveal Joe Biden to be among the worst, if not the worst U.S. president in modern times.
Sometimes incompetent people can appear competent if they surround themselves with able people. As Victor Davis Hanson observed, the only common factors to all Biden appointees are ideological rigidity, nonchalance, and sheer incompetence. Biden's failed presidency may be at a point of no return.
The only area where Biden is on track to surpass all previous presidents is spending time away from the White House.
Taking repeated vacations while performing poorly at the job resulting in the suffering of citizens also makes Biden appear like an insensitive Nero-like figure.
Biden's easy schedule in the White House and his frequent absence prove what is obvious to everybody: Biden's rapidly declining cognitive abilities have left him incapable of functioning as president. Those running the show prefer to have him behind closed doors or at faraway locations. The less Biden is seen, the safer they feel. This is exactly how they ran Biden's presidential campaign.
This is nothing short of outrageous. The U.S. shouldn't be a third-world totalitarian regime where a compromised puppet is installed via rigged elections while the Deep State runs the country by proxy.
In a democracy, supreme power is owned by citizens, which they lend to their leaders in Washington. As owners of the power, citizens have a right to know who is using their power to run their country and who is responsible for all the decisions that have placed them in unprecedented peril.
Photo credit: Marco Verch, CC BY 2.0 license.

Share54

parler_full_logo.png

American Thinker on MeWe
| Print|
Email
To comment on this or any other American Thinker article or blog, you must be a subscriber to our ad-free service. Login to your subscription to access the comments section. You can subscribe on a monthly basis for $6.79 a month or for a year at $69.99
Login
Subscribe / Change Pwd

trump's number are a single term...Obama & Bush are not

Biden's is projected or did you not notice the term "IF THAT PACE HOLDS..."

How did they get there?
You really think he did his own packing? NO.
The GSA handles moves of this sort. I doubt he even knew what was in them. Why would he?

The GSA handles moves of this sort. I doubt he even knew what was in them. Why would he?
I don't think he packed them either but I do think he was involved with returning them or not.

I do ask every Trump defender on here. Remove the name Trump, if you were a prosecutor and someone took documents illegally and was asked to return them. Then, they returned some but not all and even after a subpoena still wouldn't return all of them. What would you do?

Reactions: RayGravesGhost

He didn't do his own packing ...no kidding :rolleyes:

He had 40+ boxes of classified documents and you doubt he knew anything about them?

How about that fact that he had them in his basement, the National Archive has been requesting them basically since he left the WH, he gave some back, hosted the FBI/DOJ in June, got a subpoena and gave back some more, and then got searched and they found boxes of documents in his office & basement

At what point did he stop "not knowing" and realized he had a crapload of classified info he wasn't authorized to have?

I don't think he packed them either but I do think he was involved with returning them or not.

I do ask every Trump defender on here. Remove the name Trump, if you were a prosecutor and someone took documents illegally and was asked to return them. Then, they returned some but not all and even after a subpoena still wouldn't return all of them. What would you do?

Let's be serious....
Obama did it the correct legal way and they scream that he's the criminal :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: kalimgoodman
Yeah its different....Obama followed the law
trump stole classified documents

Totally different

He didn't do his own packing ...no kidding :rolleyes:

He had 40+ boxes of classified documents and you doubt he knew anything about them?

How about that fact that he had them in his basement, the National Archive has been requesting them basically since he left the WH, he gave some back, hosted the FBI/DOJ in June, got a subpoena and gave back some more, and then got searched and they found boxes of documents in his office & basement

At what point did he stop "not knowing" and realized he had a crapload of classified info he wasn't authorized to have?
I’m not here to be his defender but I seriously doubt he knew about everything in those boxes. That’s ridiculous.

The DOJ/FBI have interviewed multiple witnesses that have said trump inspected the boxes himself in December of 2021

6quwva.jpg

How did they get there?
The boxes were loaded and sent to Trumps home by employees of GSA just like when Obama left office.

Reactions: goldmom

How did they get there?
It's a fair point....

Again, like so many things Trump, he is getting in major trouble over what appears to be a completely avoidable item.

Probably (could be wrong) had no major interest in the documents, took them to Mar-a-lago, thought he was above the law for what he felt was minor and then proceeded to lie and obfuscate.

Other items include: Jan 6th - likely (could be wrong) did nothing wrong outside of him taking 187 minutes versus 18.7 to call off the rioters despite literally everyone (DJT, Hannity, etc.) telling him to tell his people to stop, stand down and double down/refocus efforts on 22 and 24.

"s...hole countries"

Musing about bleach

Kung-Flu when there was (likely) a serious and legitimate lab leak

And on and on. Reason - profound lack of sustained discipline and focus.

How do you explain the Georgia call?

How do you explain the fake electors scheme?

How do you explain the guilty pleas from the Oath Keepers to seditious conspiracy?

How do you explain the consideration of imposing martial law and seizing voting machines?

Its not just donald trump...its the entire apparatus that props him up...the GOP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT