ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Frazier

thryan

Baby Gator
Jun 27, 2005
After watching the Illinois/Missouri game last night why didn’t we go after in state point guard Trent Frazier? One of our basketball team glaring weakness is relieving Chiozza. This kid drops 22 on Missouri as a freshman, defense and hustle, which we all know our team needs, has been awesome. I believe we had him on campus too and never offered. I like Mike O but he’s not a true pg. I think this is a big miss by our staff on an in state kid. I like the guards coming in next year but that’s next year. Your thoughts Gators? And Happy Holidays!

Recruits -- Athletic Ability - Academics - Character
You need all three to ship at UF, not just that 1st one.
I don't know Trent, so I'm jus-sayin' :cool:

That would be a question for Mike White. Anything else is totally uninformed speculation, which is what we all specialize in here... :D

How you spread out your position recruiting from year to year is the coaches purview. He makes a judgment call on what he needs and then tries to get the best he can at the need positions.

A Top PG that demands to play as a tFr is not coming to UF with the Sr Cheese in place, and SG/PG Jr K.Allen occasionally taking the point because of the SG/SF roster depth. Personally, I think Mike-O has actually played pretty well in his limited minutes. He will continue to develop and he and Noah will both play some PG next season. How they divide up the playing time will depend on how they each work and play.

PG/SG Michael Okauru 6-3 180 ***
Offers: UF - Kan, GaTech, Rut.
Go watch his film.
He can bring the ball up and spread it around.
He can drive inside and kick it back out.
He can shoot the 3 really well.
He can dunk.
He plays good, energetic D and can get a steal.

==========

The 2018 incoming class:

PG/SG Noah Locke 6-2 175 ****

SF/SG Keyontae Johnson 6-5 220 ****

PG/SG Andrew Nembhard 6-4 185 *****

Last edited:
Merry Christmas, I like reading what you wrote Insta, I’m just not sold Mike is a pg. I do follow HS basketball in FL and this was the kid was runner up to Kevin Knox as Mr. Basketball. Watch the film on Trent, it’s all over you tube. The difference between Trent and Mike is Trent can break you down as a pg, Mike in what he has shown so far, looks like a wing. I’m not sure on the grades or character but I’m assuming it’s pretty good if at Illinois with Brad Underwood as your coach.
My point is, Chiozza maybe be logging too many minutes without quality relief. We had Trent, a 4 star player from here in FL and let him go. I think the staff missed on this one. Sucks but it is what it is. I do like the guards we signed for next year. Don’t be shocked if the 5th year senior White brings in next year is a PG. Going to war in the SEC with an inexperienced sophomore guard who may or may not be a true pg and his back ups are freshman may provided to be tough.

Also was talking with former gator great Chris Richards and even he said he couldn’t believe we let Trent go to the Big Ten. He said Trent had 30 and 10 on them when he coached at Bartow HS during Tony Bradley’s senior year. Said he single handily brought his team back to beat them in overtime.

As I said before, I don't know Trent as a person or as a student. He appears like a talented PG for 1/3 of the recruiting formula. It could be as simple as White didn't get good vibes from him, if/when they met.

I do know that Trent would not have started for UF in 2017-18.

Cheese can easily handle the minutes that he's getting. If not....
Mike has another PG, a SG/PG, and 3 others that can bring the ball up the court if needed. (3-Gor, Hudson, Ballard)

2018 PG's

SG/PG Allen Sr
PG/SG Okauru So
PG Andrew Nembhard 6-2 197 Fr - U-Tube

So I don't have the info on why coach White didn't offer Trent, but I'm not in the least concerned about it either. Many reasons are possible. We don't need him and he found somewhere else to go, so it looks like a non-issue to me.

So I don't really G-a-S about it either way,,, why do you?

As I said before, I don't know Trent as a person or as a student. He appears like a talented PG for 1/3 of the recruiting formula. It could be as simple as White didn't get good vibes from him, if/when they met.

I do know that Trent would not have started for UF in 2017-18.

Cheese can easily handle the minutes that he's getting. If not....
Mike has another PG, a SG/PG, and 3 others that can bring the ball up the court if needed. (3-Gor, Hudson, Ballard)

2018 PG's

SG/PG Allen Sr
PG/SG Okauru So
PG Andrew Nembhard 6-2 197 Fr - U-Tube

So I don't have the info on why coach White didn't offer Trent, but I'm not in the least concerned about it either. Many reasons are possible. We don't need him and he found somewhere else to go, so it looks like a non-issue to me.

So I don't really G-a-S about it either way,,, why do you?

Obviously he wasn’t an Eagle Scout

Reactions: TennesseeGator
There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Sorry, been out of town. Hope everyone is doing well. I guess the reason I care Insta is I would like to see more instate talent, who can play, play for us. Trent was named Big 10 freshman of the week last week and earned the right to start. He just hit 27 the other day and stuck the 3 that put Illinois into overtime. Not sure Mike O can do that. Many high school coach in FL who follow the players don't get why the miss but, to agree with what you said above, Cheese was sick and others could bring it up. Next year again, I like the players we're bring in but who will be the starting PG? Allen or will he test NBA waters?, Mike O def not ready, and not sure the freshman will be ready too. Trent as a sophomore probably would be. Thoughts? Go gators today vs. Ole Miss.

I just don't care much about the players we could have or didn't offer. I just care about the players we've got and what our coach is doing with them. Mike White, to me, is a great coach and a solid recruiter and I'm OK with whatever decisions he makes about who to offer. As for next year, Allen is having a very mediocre year and seems to have lost his confidence. He's not ready for the NBA, but is definitely NOT a point guard. Okura is getting more playing time of late and might be able to take over for Chiozza next year. But watch out for incoming freshman Andrew Nembhard. He's a real deal and is a true PG.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Sorry, been out of town. Hope everyone is doing well. I guess the reason I care Insta is I would like to see more instate talent, who can play, play for us. Trent was named Big 10 freshman of the week last week and earned the right to start. He just hit 27 the other day and stuck the 3 that put Illinois into overtime. Not sure Mike O can do that. Many high school coach in FL who follow the players don't get why the miss but, to agree with what you said above, Cheese was sick and others could bring it up. Next year again, I like the players we're bring in but who will be the starting PG? Allen or will he test NBA waters?, Mike O def not ready, and not sure the freshman will be ready too. Trent as a sophomore probably would be. Thoughts? Go gators today vs. Ole Miss.

Did White offer him, and if not, then why not?
Was he offered a ship by White? And did he choose to go somewhere else where he could play as a tFr, with a chance to earn the starters spot?
I don't know what conversations that White/Trent might have had, do you?

~ BTW and IMO, it's a small chance that Allen leaves UF early for the NBA.

==========

Moving on to just the athletic side of things:

You think that 4 star Trent is ready for the SEC this year. o_O
You ask recruiting questions without knowing his character or academics.
I already told you that he would NOT be starting at UF, while he is good enough to be a starter for ILL-noise.

But you think that 5 Star Nembhard won't be ready as a Fr next year? :confused:

Or that 4 star Locke also won't be ready as a Fr?

Or that Mike-O,,,,

,,, is not getting quality playing time now, and so he won't be ready to play as an experienced Soph PG next year?

Fr PG Mike Okauru GP-16, Min/Gm 10.3, 14 Ast, 5 TO's, 6 Stls, 1 Blk.
FG 20/40 50%, Arc 10/21 47.6%, FT 10/15 67%, 20 Rbs, 60 Pts.
And he's showing steady improvement with every game he's played.
But you claim to definitely KNOW that Mike-O is not ready now, nor will he be ready to go next season... :rolleyes:

Nothing personal in this dude, but sorry, I'm not buying that load of opinionated crap that you're attempting to sell here. :cool:

Instead of asking me questions about Mike White's coaching/recruiting decisions, why don't you give us YOUR ANSWERS for why Trent is not here.

Last edited:
BTW, I'm just fine with getting more student/athletes from Florida, in any Gator sport, but ONLY if the individual truly fits the program. I leave those final recruiting decisions up to the coaches that are getting paid the big-bucks to make them. :cool: --- But hey, it's fine for any fan to talk about any recruit or player or coach, etc,,, and especially in the off seasons... :D
============

PF Emmitt Williams 6-6 215 - Orlando, FL Oak Ridge (A 5 Star, 23/50)
"I'm down to Florida, LSU and Oregon," said Williams. "I don't know yet (if I will take official visits), right now I'm just going with the flow."

Florida: "Florida is like one of my first offers, plus I'm from Florida.
Coach White is a great coach, he's always been in my ear with great conversation, and coach Mincy is a good guy. One of my former teammates goes there, C-PF Isaiah Stokes, he was great and I can't wait to see his freshman year, he's been in my ear. One of my other teammates SG Keyontae Johnson just committed there, so they've been telling me about it."
========

IF White were to get this kids commit, this might just turn out to be one of UF's All Time Top 3 Classes.

#10 UF 2018 Commits:

SG/SF Keyontae Johnson 6-5 220 **** - early signed (70/100)
PG Noah Locke 6-2 175 **** - early signed (61/100)
PG Andrew Nembhard 6-4 185 ***** - early signed (16/50)

Plus (maybe)
PF Emmitt Williams 6-6 215 ***** (23/50)
Pending -- UF - LSU - Ore

Last edited:
Evan 'McBuckets' McCarty (a mix of a Jason Williams dribble with a Teddy Dupay shot)
Can someone please forward this to Mike White....

Nov. 2017
We had no idea who this kid was when we walked in to the Basketball gym. But Evan "McBuckets" McCarthy made a statement that he's one of the coldest shooters in High School Basketball. Here are his Full Highlights from the Justin Northwest Tournament.

=============

Aaron Jordan "AJ" Guiao Jan-Feb 2015 Denver Gold Crown (Gold Division)
They could use this 11 year olds film as a training tool for how to be a PG.
Of course, with a PG like this, the rest of the team needs to be awake and have hands.
Season average 3 points 42 assists.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT