ADVERTISEMENT

Trading Places...

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
So now that the 2018 reg season is over, ask yourselves this question:

Is there any one of our rivals, teams routinely on our schedule, or teams in our state that you would want to trade situations with (exclude Bama for purposes of discussion)?...

sadgator is quite comfortable where we are at and would not trade with any other team.

Last edited:
So now that the 2018 reg season is over, ask yourselves this question:

Is there any one of our rivals, teams routinely on our schedule, or teams in our state that you would want to trade situations with (exclude Bama for purposes of discussion)?...

sadgator is quite comfortable where we are at and would not trade with any other team.

Strange request Sad. I’m a Gator for life but, I’d sure like to be playing for a spot in the Bowl series ala the pups.

Strange request Sad. I’m a Gator for life but, I’d sure like to be playing for a spot in the Bowl series ala the pups.

The point of the exercise was to demonstrate that we are pretty much as well off, if not better off, under our current leadership than any other team...

sadgator thinks there is an argument to be made that even though UGA is playing in the SECCG, we may be positioned for greater long-term sustained success.

I’m good with where we are at and who our coach is. So the answer is no!

Georgia scares me with the recruiting. I remember many of us thinking Smart wouldn't do crap there after his first season and then they almost won the National Championship last year and keep bringing in top recruits. He has that team almost set up to be in a Bama type situation players wise starting next season. They are too young this year to have a chance I think.

I would just hate to get in a Spurrier/Bowden type situation where you win less than 40% of the games because most years the other team has more talent.

Georgia scares me with the recruiting. I remember many of us thinking Smart wouldn't do crap there after his first season and then they almost won the National Championship last year and keep bringing in top recruits. He has that team almost set up to be in a Bama type situation players wise starting next season. They are too young this year to have a chance I think.

I would just hate to get in a Spurrier/Bowden type situation where you win less than 40% of the games because most years the other team has more talent.

Georgia at least has to play an sec schedule. bowden dodged competition and played 1-2 meaningful games a year, 3-4 in a “rough” year. They routinely made it through their cupcake schedule able to sit their starters in the second half and had less wear and tear and fewer injuries. Georgia will have to run the same gauntlet we will, so they can’t afford a letdown. That’s the big difference.

Honestly, this year, having to play Alabama isn’t anything for them but a bad loss.

Georgia at least has to play an sec schedule. bowden dodged competition and played 1-2 meaningful games a year, 3-4 in a “rough” year. They routinely made it through their cupcake schedule able to sit their starters in the second half and had less wear and tear and fewer injuries. Georgia will have to run the same gauntlet we will, so they can’t afford a letdown. That’s the big difference.

Honestly, this year, having to play Alabama isn’t anything for them but a bad loss.
Gotta love revisionist history. Hilarious how sec homers spout how every game is some monumental challenge.

We're going to surprise some people.

“Some people”?

If by some people you mean delusional uga fans that think they can win. Then yes. They will be surprised.

The rest of us expect Bama to kick the mutts to sleep, so we will probably not be shocked by the outcome.

We went from 4 wins to 9 wins in just 1 year. Not many coaches across the country could have done that with this roster IMO.

Long term nobody.

Today it would be Georgia since they are playing for an SEC and CFP spot. If the long and short are exclusively tied together I will take off my blue glasses and say..... Not a single team.

I think that little potato Kirby Smart has Georgia in a good spot, they still haven't won a title since Reagan was in office and I don't see them getting one this year. Alabama owns their psyche .

Mullen got this offense to average over 30 ppg. Again he got this offense led by Frank's to average over 30 ppg. What do you think he is going to do with his players and most importantly his QB?

Potato head is going to have Georgia in contention every year, Mullen will have us there by year three.

If you think that it speaks volumes about Smart getting to the CFP in year two compared to my projection of Mullen taking 3 years you have to look at the talent Richt left for potato head compared to the talent McElwain left for Dan.

Long term nobody.

Today it would be Georgia since they are playing for an SEC and CFP spot. If the long and short are exclusively tied together I will take off my blue glasses and say..... Not a single team.

I think that little potato Kirby Smart has Georgia in a good spot, they still haven't won a title since Reagan was in office and I don't see them getting one this year. Alabama owns their psyche .

Mullen got this offense to average over 30 ppg. Again he got this offense led by Frank's to average over 30 ppg. What do you think he is going to do with his players and most importantly his QB?

Potato head is going to have Georgia in contention every year, Mullen will have us there by year three.

If you think that it speaks volumes about Smart getting to the CFP in year two compared to my projection of Mullen taking 3 years you have to look at the talent Richt left for potato head compared to the talent McElwain left for Dan.
Long term Mullen can't touch Smart in recruiting. UGA's recruiting has never been better, it's now elite, and that's not changing anytime soon.

“Some people”?

If by some people you mean delusional uga fans that think they can win. Then yes. They will be surprised.

The rest of us expect Bama to kick the mutts to sleep, so we will probably not be shocked by the outcome.
You guys also said Bama would shred us last year in the title game. We may not win, but it will be a game... enough to keep us in consideration for the CFP.

Long term Mullen can't touch Smart in recruiting. UGA's recruiting has never been better, it's now elite, and that's not changing anytime soon.

Whatever helps your vision of a brighter future. Problem with your vision is the fact Mullen now coaches at the top program in the top State for high school talent. Your "elite" recruits and ok coach won't have the talent advantage for long.

Enjoy your time at the top of the SEC east, I doubt it gets you your first title since the 80s. Alabama has elite talent and an elite coach. Good luck Saturday.

The point of the exercise was to demonstrate that we are pretty much as well off, if not better off, under our current leadership than any other team...

I wanted 'Dan the Man' from the get-go. o_O

Is there anyone left out there that would trade Dan for either Frost or Cow-chip Kelly? :cool:

You guys also said Bama would shred us last year in the title game. We may not win, but it will be a game... enough to keep us in consideration for the CFP.
You guys are going to get smoked like a joint... you're not the team you were last year and they are better. Unless Bama plays really poorly an LSU type of beat down or worse. Dan is going to out coach Kirby...Kirby is a great recruiter but that's not everything. You guys have maybe 1 more year and you're going down after that.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Next year, or one more year later?
As it's been for years now.... :cool:

Franks rsJr
Trask rsJr

E.Jones rsFr
J.Jones Fr EE

The first real 2019 look will happen in the Spring... o_O

I think Georgia is too young to win this game but it wouldn't shock me if it was kept a reasonable game and not a huge blowout. If Georgia lost a good game and both Oklahoma and OSU lost also they could get in I guess. I think they may take UCF if they win in a scenario like that however unless they keep Michigan in front of them tonight.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
13XFmJhNtbTSgM
You guys are going to get smoked like a joint... you're not the team you were last year and they are better. Unless Bama plays really poorly an LSU type of beat down or worse. Dan is going to out coach Kirby...Kirby is a great recruiter but that's not everything. You guys have maybe 1 more year and you're going down after that.
The next time Dan outcoaches Kirby will be the first.
Our offense is better than last year and our secondary is better than last year. We'll keep it close despite being so young.
You'll see we're not going anywhere for a long, long time.
13XFmJhNtbTSgM

w is cyndi@toyota0723

Last edited:
These people have been good for two whole seasons and they’re already declaring dominance over any and everybody for the foreseeable future. I would tell them to act like they’ve been there before but they haven’t.

These people have been good for two whole seasons and they’re already declaring dominance over any and everybody for the foreseeable future. I would tell them to act like they’ve been there before but they haven’t.
Says the fanbase that believes CFB started in the 1990s. LOL

Uh yea that’s just as dumb as the first time you said it. Mark Richt by winning % is the winngest coach in your history, and he’s decidedly mediocre. Which says a lot about your ‘history.’ Your history is 3 years of Hershel Walker. So even if all we have is the 90’s it still more than what you have.

So again, extreme arrogance from a nevee was program. All because of two good years in a row.

When was your last title?

Hmm.... Your history of titles is closer to Minnesota's era of dominance than anybody of today.

Speaking of our program winning two BCS Titles in the 2000s and our first being in '96 compared to your 2 Post Cereal claimed National Titles isn't a great starting point for an argument of relevance.

The Cleveland Browns used to win titles back in the day too, New England not so much. Their first title came in '01.

I wouldn’t trade Mullen because he’s a Gator and wanted to be a Gator again. But UGA’s roster is pretty far ahead of us.

What year were you born? I suspect uga hasn’t won much in your lifetime.

Since I’m alive today, I would much prefer my team be dominant for the last 30 years than say 1940-1970. Surely you can see the logic in that since you’re over here strutting like a pimp about the last 2 years.

uga won or shared 10 sec titles from 1942-1982. But only 3 in the last 36 years, and only one in the last 13.

In truth the only one that matters in a real sense is 2017. It actually says something about the state of the program. uga fans talking about how they used to be great 70 years ago is just stupid.

They don’t care about back then, it’s onlt relevant when necessary. Evidenced by the fact that he’s over here lifting up his skirt over the last two years like they won a Super Bowl and a CFB title all in one.

UGA hasn't won a national title since 1980. That is a long long time ago. You'd think they invented football with the way they act.

By the way Dan Mullen just took a 4 win team to a 9 win team and a top 10 ranking in just 1 season. That is actually pretty darn incredible when you think about it. He did that with a roster that still has a lot of holes and lack of depth in many positions. He did that with Feliepe Franks.

He probably had the most impressive year coaching out of anybody in the country this year.

Reactions: sadgator
Georgia fans are bizarre.

Every single one I've ever known in real life seems like a normal person, but fir some reason, online, that 99/100 is an over the top moron.

I'm not sure how to justify that.

With every other group I've encountered, it's not that way.

Well seeing as this will be the least talented team uga fields for the next 3-5 years, and you still got handled rather easily. I’d take a lap if I were a gator who’s puffing their chest out. But what do I know, I’m just a uga homer. Good luck the next few years in Jax. I have a feeling you’ll need it.

Georgia fans are bizarre.

Every single one I've ever known in real life seems like a normal person, but fir some reason, online, that 99/100 is an over the top moron.

I'm not sure how to justify that.

With every other group I've encountered, it's not that way.
Have I really said anything over the top ITT? I simply said we're going to surprise some people Saturday. It's not like I proclaimed victory. LOL

Well seeing as this will be the least talented team uga fields for the next 3-5 years, and you still got handled rather easily. I’d take a lap if I were a gator who’s puffing their chest out. But what do I know, I’m just a uga homer. Good luck the next few years in Jax. I have a feeling you’ll need it.

And every other team will stay the exact same while UGA will be the only one to improve. It’s science!

Reactions: seffnergator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT