ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament time - #7 seed - Oral Roberts next...

Waiting for insta to do his thing.

blame the players, laid the coach.

White is 6-4 in the NCAA at UF, never lost a first round, he’s a 3-time COY for three different universities. That’s better than most SEC school coaches. Insta wants to give him a raise and extension.

Reactions: martycat1
White is 6-4 in the NCAA at UF, never lost a first round, he’s a 3-time COY for three different universities. That’s better than most SEC school coaches. Insta wants to give him a raise and extension.

Its spin like that that keeps mediocre coaches around. The bottom line is he had one good run with Donovan's recruits early and has coached his way into declining years the past 3 years due to his terrible decision making late in games.

I guess its better he lost here his usual way as a Sweet 16 would have bought him 2 or more years. It will depend on the regular season next year but the seat will be a little warm after how he gave this game away.

Last edited:
If you guys are crazy enough to fire a guy that gets you to the ncaa tourney every year you won’t ever win a title. He makes you a contender every year in one of the toughest basketball confere... LOL. I couldn’t finish that. I’m sorry.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
If you guys are crazy enough to fire a guy that gets you to the ncaa tourney every year you won’t ever win a title. He makes you a contender every year in one of the toughest basketball confere... LOL. I couldn’t finish that. I’m sorry.

lol Yep we are cool with losing 6 straight to FSU and no SEC Championships or SEC tournament titles despite the recruits he has gotten. I guess we should also be cool with how he has mastered the art of blowing all these games with his coaching decisions after being in a real good position to win earlier in the games.

Reactions: gatordad3
lol Yep we are cool with losing 6 straight to FSU and no SEC Championships or SEC tournament titles despite the recruits he has gotten. I guess we should also be cool with how he has mastered the art of blowing all these games with his coaching decisions after being in a real good position to win earlier in the games.

well, UF was without Omar Payne because he..... oh wait.

well, what about the refs, white can’t coach and call the fouls too..... or how about White can’t hit the baskets for them....that’s a good’un

come on Insta! Chime in ~ I’m trying to help you boi out here!

• Haha
well, UF was without Omar Payne because he..... oh wait.

well, what about the refs, white can’t coach and call the fouls too..... or how about White can’t hit the baskets for them....that’s a good’un

come on Insta! Chime in ~ I’m trying to help you boi out here!
Shut up, Insta!
stickpoke.gif

I can't stop LMAO at your sig of Insta's quote.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Dontcha know Mike White is undefeated as a head coach. Any L in his column was caused either by poor officiating or the players not executing his perfect game plan.
Were you just on Rupp Rafters quoting UK fans?

Highly suggest getting into gator baseball and softball, as well as the other spring sports where we actually compete for SEC titles.
I absolutely will. Baseball team is starting to come together. Tennis is on a torrid streak. Softball, gymnastics, track, volleyball, and lacrosse are all competitive.

How about ole Leonard the Loser too. Bad basketball in the state of Florida right now.

Reactions: Gator Fever
How about ole Leonard the Loser too. Bad basketball in the state of Florida right now.
I know you were taking a jab at FSUMC, but FSU is really good. They got out of sync today and were dominated inside, which is highly unusual for them. But losing to Michigan is nothing to be ashamed about, as I think they're the only team left who can beat Gonzaga. And since Michigan has been tested a lot more during the season than the Zags, I would probably favor them if they meet. FSU is clearly the best team in the state of Florida and miles ahead of the Gators at this point. And speaking of Gonzaga, have you modified your position about Andrew Nembhard yet? Down the stretch he solidified his role as a starter and has been contributing more and more. He's clearly not one of the "stars" of the team (Kispert, Timme & Suggs), but for the season he's 3rd in total minutes played, leads the team in assists, his assist to turnover ratio is 124/34, along with 32 steals (compare with Mann 83/68 33, Appleby 82/72 38, Glover 13/20 11). Nembhard is 5th on his team in scoring at 9.2 and 6th in rebounding. And he's playing solid defense. In their 1st round NCAA game he was 2nd in minutes played, had 4 points, 5 assists, 1 turnover, 2 steals and 4 rebounds. Against Oklahoma he was tied for most minutes played at 38, had 7 points, 2 assists, 1 turnover and a steal. Today against Creighton his 36 minutes were the most on his team, he had 17 points, 8 assists, 1 turnover and 4 rebounds. He doesn't play with his back to the basket like he did at Florida, he doesn't get into foul trouble, he takes care of the ball and has fit in very well with an excellent group of players and a great coach. I love the way he's adapted his game to what his team needs from him.

I know you were taking a jab at FSUMC, but FSU is really good. They got out of sync today and were dominated inside, which is highly unusual for them. But losing to Michigan is nothing to be ashamed about, as I think they're the only team left who can beat Gonzaga. And since Michigan has been tested a lot more during the season than the Zags, I would probably favor them if they meet. FSU is clearly the best team in the state of Florida and miles ahead of the Gators at this point. And speaking of Gonzaga, have you modified your position about Andrew Nembhard yet? Down the stretch he solidified his role as a starter and has been contributing more and more. He's clearly not one of the "stars" of the team (Kispert, Timme & Suggs), but for the season he's 3rd in total minutes played, leads the team in assists, his assist to turnover ratio is 124/34, along with 32 steals (compare with Mann 83/68 33, Appleby 82/72 38, Glover 13/20 11). Nembhard is 5th on his team in scoring at 9.2 and 6th in rebounding. And he's playing solid defense. In their 1st round NCAA game he was 2nd in minutes played, had 4 points, 5 assists, 1 turnover, 2 steals and 4 rebounds. Against Oklahoma he was tied for most minutes played at 38, had 7 points, 2 assists, 1 turnover and a steal. Today against Creighton his 36 minutes were the most on his team, he had 17 points, 8 assists, 1 turnover and 4 rebounds. He doesn't play with his back to the basket like he did at Florida, he doesn't get into foul trouble, he takes care of the ball and has fit in very well with an excellent group of players and a great coach. I love the way he's adapted his game to what his team needs from him.
No I wasn’t taking a jab. Just calling it like I see it and the truth. Leonard the Loser Hamilton has been to 1 Elite 8 in like 18 years at FSU. In fact he’s only been to 1 Elite 8 in his entire coaching career. He’s not any good either. Even White has made 1 Elite 8 and we know how he’s doing. I guess he wins the tallest midget contest over White. No Nembhard is just as average as he’s always been. He’s just playing with a better team and a better coach with a better offensive system.

Last edited:
Sweet 16 is pretty much our ceiling. We do have the best basketball program in the state right now though but we aren’t winning a national title anytime soon.

Reactions: PacoGator19
No I wasn’t taking a jab. Just calling it like I see it and the truth. Leonard the Loser Hamilton has been to 1 Elite 8 in like 18 years at FSU. In fact he’s only been to 1 Elite 8 in his entire coaching career. He’s not any good either. Even White has made 1 Elite 8 and we know how he’s doing. I guess he wins the tallest midget contest over White. No Nembhard is just as average as he’s always been. He’s just playing with a better team and a better coach with a better offensive system.
Yep considering the talent he has had Hamilton is just like White if not even more underachieving.

Bama was their own worst enemy. Last stat is saw was 11/24 free throws. And how many of those were the front end of one and one?
This is one hell of a run UCLA is on right now. Nobody ever saw UCLA making it this far as they had to beat Michigan State in OT just to qualify as an 11 seed in the tourney.

I always respect your opinions, Paco, but I disagree with you about Nembhard. He was a legit 5 star recruit coming out of high school, with a .9926 rating, the #26 player in 2018 and the #6 point guard by the 247Sports composite ratings. He was offered out of high school by Gonzaga, Florida, Ohio State, Baylor, USC, UCONN, Oklahoma, Missouri, Seton Hall, Stanford, Villanova, Maryland and Virginia Tech. So it appears all of these major programs considered him a big time player. Mike White got him and didn't use him properly or coach him up the right way because he's thriving at Gonzaga and to say he's just an average role player surrounded by great players is simply not accurate. During the course of this season he steadily increased his playing time and beat out the guy who was their starting point guard when he arrived. He's a true point guard - a guy expected to distribute, take care of the ball, play good defense and limit turnovers. He was misused at Florida and Mark Few has him in the role he's most suited for at Gonzaga. He's a great true point guard and can score when needed, like he did today vs. Creighton. His assist to turnover ratio is one of the best in the nation and that's a tribute to his game. And he's a very reliable defender, which UF struggled with this year at the guard position. To me it's just one more example of Mike White recruiting a great player and making him very average, like he's done with Scottie Lewis.

Last edited:
Yep considering the talent he has had Hamilton is just like White if not even more underachieving.
Hamilton is getting better players to go to Tallahassee than White is to Gainesville. Or at the very least, he's getting the players he gets to play much better than the players White gets, as White has never beaten Hamilton and FSU is consistently ranked higher and goes further in the tournament than Florida. And they're doing better in the ACC than Florida is doing in the SEC. And again, the #4 seed is supposed to lose to the #1 seed. It would have been a major upset if FSU had beaten Michigan.

Nembhard is now the starting PG on what will most likely be the national champ. He's doing well. Our program is on the ropes. White will need some heroics in the portal to have us even competitive next season.

I always respect your opinions, Paco, but I disagree with you about Nembhard. He was a legit 5 star recruit coming out of high school, with a .9926 rating, the #26 player in 2018 and the #6 point guard by the 247Sports composite ratings. He was offered out of high school by Gonzaga, Florida, Ohio State, Baylor, USC, UCONN, Oklahoma, Missouri, Seton Hall, Stanford, Villanova, Maryland and Virginia Tech. So it appears all of these major programs considered him a big time player. Mike White got him and didn't use him properly or coach him up the right way because he's thriving at Gonzaga and to say he's just an average role player surrounded by great players is simply not accurate. During the course of this season he steadily increased his playing time and beat out the guy who was their starting point guard when he arrived. He's a true point guard - a guy expected to distribute, take care of the ball, play good defense and limit turnovers. He was misused at Florida and Mark Few has him in the role he's most suited for at Gonzaga. He's a great true point guard and can score when needed, like he did today vs. Creighton. His assist to turnover ratio is one of the best in the nation and that's a tribute to his game. And he's a very reliable defender, which UF struggled with this year at the guard position. To me it's just one more example of Mike White recruiting a great player and making him very average, like he's done with Scottie Lewis.
We can agree to disagree. Just because somebody is a 5 star player doesn’t make him a big time player. Some guys do bust regardless of the coach. I personally don’t think Nembhard has much if any type of NBA career. He moved on because Tre Mann was/is better and Mann was going to be the PG and Nembhard really can’t play the 2. White and Nembhard agreed it was the best for both parties to part ways and as you know I’m no Mike White apologist
Nembhard can score when needed? I’m not so sure about that. He’s not even averaging double digit PPG at Gonzaga. By the way he’s a terrible defender. Maybe he has improved but he was a terrible defender at UF. Not athletic enough to defend good PGs. He’s a very average athlete.
I already said he is in a much better situation for himself being at Gonzaga and with a better coach but I certainly don’t think Nembhahrd is a great player at all like it appears you are saying.

Hamilton is recruiting NBA guys to Tally and still can't get them over the hump. They have another really good class coming in next season.
Since Leonard Hamilton has been at FSU (2002) they've had 16 players drafted by the NBA (only a 2 round draft), 7 since Mike White arrived at UF. Tre Mann will be Mike White's 1st drafted player. Before this year our last NBA drafted players were Erik Murphy in 2013 and Bradley Beal in 2012. Billy Donovan has 20 Gators drafted by the NBA while he was at Florida. So in a sense, Hamilton has done less with more than White has.

We can agree to disagree. Just because somebody is a 5 star player doesn’t make him a big time player. Some guys do bust regardless of the coach. I personally don’t think Nembhard has much if any type of NBA career. He moved on because Tre Mann was/is better and Mann was going to be the PG and Nembhard really can’t play the 2. White and Nembhard agreed it was the best for both parties to part ways and as you know I’m no Mike White apologist
Nembhard can score when needed? I’m not so sure about that. He’s not even averaging double digit PPG at Gonzaga. By the way he’s a terrible defender. Maybe he has improved but he was a terrible defender at UF. Not athletic enough to defend good PGs. He’s a very average athlete.
I already said he is in a much better situation for himself being at Gonzaga and with a better coach but I certainly don’t think Nembhahrd is a great player at all like it appears you are saying.
I honestly believe that if this year's Gator team had Nembhard at PG and Mann at the 2 position, with Appleby spelling Mann and Locke, then Mann taking over point when Nembhard got a rest, we would have won 4-5 more games. Assists would have been up and turnovers way down. We were simply horrible on assist to turnover ratio this year and that was because Nembhard wasn't the main guy handling the ball. Mann is not a true point guard, as his assist to turnover ratio proves, especially when compared to Nembhard. If Mike White and Nembhard had that discussion you mentioned and White told him Mann was going to be the guy at PG, then to me that's another dumb move by our head coach and the team paid for it this year. That's not to take anything away from Tre Mann. He's a great player and may have more NBA upside than Nembhard. Time will tell. But Mann is more of a scorer than a distributor and not as good at taking care of the ball. And our guard defense was better last year with Nembhard as part of that mix than this year with Mann, Locke & Appleby. It just was. A team doesn't go undefeated and have the overall #1 seed with the best chance to win a national title when one of their starters, their leading assist guy and the guy who plays the 3rd most minutes on the team is average at best, as you are saying. Maybe I'm overrating him some, but you certainly are underrating him a lot, IMO. The reason he's not averaging double digits in scoring this year is that it's not needed. A true PG's job is not to score first. It's to manage the game, control the ball and distribute. If you watched the game today, Creighton was putting a lot of effort in limiting Suggs and Kispert, so Nembhard needed to score. He got 17, plus had 8 assists. He did what was needed for his team. That's what excellent players do. An average at best player would not be the starting PG for Gonzaga. A PG is too valuable and he's fulfilling his role very well. I still think Michigan will beat them.
One other thing. You said Nembhard was a terrible defender. I don't remember it that way, especially considering how bad our guard defense was this year. Commentators the past 2 weeks have been raving about how great Gonzaga's defense is. A team doesn't play great defense if 1 of the 5 is not very good. Other teams will simply exploit the weak link. It takes all 5 guys playing cohesive defense for a team to be really good. And since Nembhard is on the floor for the Zags as much or more than any of his teammates, he MUST be playing really well for Gonzaga on defense. Maybe he's getting better defensive coaching now than he did at Florida. Or maybe he was better at defense all along than you give him credit for. Either way, he's better off in Spokane than he was in Gainesville. And that's to the detriment of our Gator program.

Last edited:
Hamilton is getting better players to go to Tallahassee than White is to Gainesville. Or at the very least, he's getting the players he gets to play much better than the players White gets, as White has never beaten Hamilton and FSU is consistently ranked higher and goes further in the tournament than Florida. And they're doing better in the ACC than Florida is doing in the SEC. And again, the #4 seed is supposed to lose to the #1 seed. It would have been a major upset if FSU had beaten Michigan.
and yet Hamilton still has only been to 1 Elite 8 in his entire career. Not exactly a ringing endorsement when you have coached for as long as he has. Yes he’s done a little better than White but not sure that is saying much either. Hamilton and Regular Season Rick are like the same guy although Regular Season Rick has done better in the regular season but both suck in the tournament.

and yet Hamilton still has only been to 1 Elite 8 in his entire career. Not exactly a ringing endorsement when you have coached for as long as he has. Yes he’s done a little better than White but not sure that is saying much either. Hamilton and Regular Season Rick are like the same guy although Regular Season Rick has done better in the regular season but both suck in the tournament.
Yes, like I said in another post - Hamilton has probably done less with more than White. But he's at least bringing in and then developing players who can make it to the NBA. 16 in his tenure at FSU, 7 since Mike White came to Gainesville. White has signed some 5 star guys, but not done much to develop them. He's brought in a bunch of 4 star guys as well and we aren't even challenging for an SEC title of any kind (regular season or tournament), let alone a deep run in the NCAA tournament. Both are underachievers, but I really could care less about what FSU is doing. I want UF to fix our problem and let those guys wallow in theirs.

You could say the same thing for Kevaughn Allen.

You'll love these geniuses. The woman is the only one who called for Michigan to win.

I miss the entire 1st half.

Reactions: Gator Fever

He hasn't had much tournament success but it was crazy how many NBA draft picks he has had there. It must be higher than any schools besides the blue bloods like KY and them.

Last edited:
Look at all the Florida kids on FSU roster that White didn't recruit or get in there for Florida to be considered.
Raiquan Gray, Anthony Polite, Scottie Barnes, Balsa Koprivica, Wyatt Wilkes. Not to mention guys like Trent Frazier at Illinois and CJ Walker at UCF but former 5 star. I'm sure there is more. Needless to say White misses a lot and other teams prevail because of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT