ADVERTISEMENT

Totally stunned about one thing that has happened to this country the last few days and that is

Orangeclad

Rowdy Reptile
Jul 5, 2001
we are totally incapable of stopping domestic terrorism even when we know it's coming. Either because of bad leadership or lack of something, be it manpower or equipment or sheer will, we are powerless to stop this. Did we learn nothing from Ferguson or Baltimore? The answer is yes, we learned nothing. The strategy of let them loot and destroy until they get tired and go home is a freaking dumb strategy.

We have troops all over the world. We need to bring some of them home to start patrolling American cities and use FORCE at the first hint of this crap when the peaceful protests turn into mob behavior and anarchy having nothing to do to honor the victim.

This aught to be one of the first questions posed to Trump and Biden in their first debate. How are you going to stop this lawlessness and anarchy in American cities. I'd like to hear the answers.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
we are totally incapable of stopping domestic terrorism even when we know it's coming. Either because of bad leadership or lack of something, be it manpower or equipment or sheer will, we are powerless to stop this. Did we learn nothing from Ferguson or Baltimore? The answer is yes, we learned nothing. The strategy of let them loot and destroy until they get tired and go home is a freaking dumb strategy.

We have troops all over the world. We need to bring some of them home to start patrolling American cities and use FORCE at the first hint of this crap when the peaceful protests turn into mob behavior and anarchy having nothing to do to honor the victim.

This aught to be one of the first questions posed to Trump and Biden in their first debate. How are you going to stop this lawlessness and anarchy in American cities. I'd like to hear the answers.

It’s a political leadership problem. Rat mayors and RAT governors are inept. The #fakenews media stirring the pot,

The cops can and feds know how to handle this. My god they won’t let the national guard be armed when deployed.

Example #1 mayor de Kommieo

NYPD sergeant's union shoots back at de Blasio after mayor asks for 'light touch' with protesters

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-sergeants-union-swipes-mayor-de-blasio-george-floyd-protesters

Last edited:
I did see the "light touch" agenda by Deblasio. This crap is not going to be solved by touchy feely tactics. It will take real force.

Reactions: goldmom
Posse Comitatus prevents troops from enforcing laws and patrolling streets. But the mayors in these cities are at fault lettting it all run unfettered
You are right but I would tell congress to change the law. It is obvious that the states cannot handle this.

Why not? Mayors cannot handle this.
If current laws are enforced to begin with, these things can be handled. Going down that extreme road (which isn't exactly loaded with ways to turn around) is just not needed if these complete losers are voted out of office. New Yorkers are actually getting the government they DESERVE.

Admittedly, the ripple effect from that hellhole can have an effect on the entire country, in ways we may not realize. And if we don't exercise vigilance it will mean we get the government WE deserve.

We see it in Florida, from NY'ers who get fed up, move here, and seem to forget to leave their voting habits back there as well. It has a negative effect throughout our state. Those folks send their kids to our Universities, with their ingrained liberal ideas fostered in their upbringing, and it's never challenged during their time on campus, because the ultra liberal professors are delighted and further emboldened by the nodding little numbskulls in their classes. This has been going on for a couple of generations and the liberal creep from Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties is seeping north.
I'm not some far right person, by the way. I'm pretty moderate on social issues and lean a bit libertarian. But this situation should be seen for what it is. There are coordinated groups who see the division they've helped to foster as an opening to bring down the social order of America, and our country as we know it.

Why not? Mayors cannot handle this.

It is the state’s responsibility to enforce their laws as a sovereign member of the USA. We don’t want the Feds involved or the states will relinquish their duties to the detriment of the republic

Also making the US a militarized police state is anathema to me

Here is a law article about how it would be a mistake as well

https://law.lclark.edu/live/files/9587-lcb104bennettpdf

Posse Comitatus prevents troops from enforcing laws and patrolling streets. But the mayors in these cities are at fault lettting it all run unfettered

They where discussing this last night on Fox

The National Guard, being the successor to the state militias, is not restricted by Posse Comitatus and can, in theory, enforce the law (as can the Coast Guard). Thus, it is the National Guard that is used most commonly in extremis to

If current laws are enforced to begin with, these things can be handled. Going down that extreme road (which isn't exactly loaded with ways to turn around) is just not needed if these complete losers are voted out of office. New Yorkers are actually getting the government they DESERVE.

Admittedly, the ripple effect from that hellhole can have an effect on the entire country, in ways we may not realize. And if we don't exercise vigilance it will mean we get the government WE deserve.

We see it in Florida, from NY'ers who get fed up, move here, and seem to forget to leave their voting habits back there as well. It has a negative effect throughout our state. Those folks send their kids to our Universities, with their ingrained liberal ideas fostered in their upbringing, and it's never challenged during their time on campus, because the ultra liberal professors are delighted and further emboldened by the nodding little numbskulls in their classes. This has been going on for a couple of generations and the liberal creep from Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties is seeping north.
I'm not some far right person, by the way. I'm pretty moderate on social issues and lean a bit libertarian. But this situation should be seen for what it is. There are coordinated groups who see the division they've helped to foster as an opening to bring down the social order of America, and our country as we know it.
I hear what you are saying but the first word of your post is the problem, the word being "if". In recent years we have had Ferguson, Baltimore and now Minneapolis being the flashpoint for anarchy all over the country. Our current laws are not working and if it's because weak state governments wont enforce them, there simply has to be another way. How many of these are we going to have where mayors say let the looters run wild until they go home. Happened in Baltimore. In Minneapolis, the cops actually ran away instead of defending their precinct. That is embarrassing. We need a different way to handle these.

I hear what you are saying but the first word of your post is the problem, the word being "if". In recent years we have had Ferguson, Baltimore and now Minneapolis being the flashpoint for anarchy all over the country. Our current laws are not working and if it's because weak state governments wont enforce them, there simply has to be another way. How many of these are we going to have where mayors say let the looters run wild until they go home. Happened in Baltimore. In Minneapolis, the cops actually ran away instead of defending their precinct. That is embarrassing. We need a different way to handle these.
And this is the problem, I largely agree.
It's interesting that the cities dealing with the greatest amount of violence and destruction tend to have the most liberal - read "utopian" - city and state governments, duly elected by a citizenry who think they're enlightened, inclusive, and sophisticated.

It is the state’s responsibility to enforce their laws as a sovereign member of the USA. We don’t want the Feds involved or the states will relinquish their duties to the detriment of the republic

Also making the US a militarized police state is anathema to me

Here is a law article about how it would be a mistake as well

https://law.lclark.edu/live/files/9587-lcb104bennettpdf
I hear what you are saying but our current methods, laws, etc. are not working. We have never seen this level of sophisticated domestic terrorism and our state governments are simply not equipped to handle it. This is about as bad as I have seen. So in five years, when the next rogue cop murders a black guy, will our defenses against the anarchy and lawlessness sure to come be any better? I doubt it.

And this is the problem, I largely agree.
It's interesting that the cities dealing with the greatest amount of violence and destruction tend to have the most liberal - read "utopian" - city and state governments, duly elected by a citizenry who think they're enlightened, inclusive, and sophisticated.
You are exactly right and that kid mayor, touchy feely, in Minneapolis was completely unprepared for this. He was way over his head and had no clue. What is interesting is reading the Minneapolis Star Tribune and they have just ripped the mayors and the governor over the handling of this.

Reactions: gatordad3
My son's in laws have a summer cottage on a MN lake, and his wife's siblings live in far western MN, just 30 miles from Fargo North Dakota. They are appalled at what's going on and stress that once you get away from the Cities, the state is pretty red. It sounds like New York State.
My wife is from Detroit Lakes, Mn and I have flown into the Fargo airport a ton of times. Most all the counties voted for Trump but he lost the state barely because liberals dominate the major areas like the twin cities, Rochester, Deluth.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian

You are operating under the assumption that dem leadership in these cities WANT to stop this.

Are you sure they do?

My wife is from Detroit Lakes, Mn and I have flown into the Fargo airport a ton of times. Most all the counties voted for Trump but he lost the state barely because liberals dominate the major areas like the twin cities, Rochester, Deluth.
OMG Detroit Lakes - that's where they live!

Well. when there’s anarchy, lawlessness, and thugs in White House...what do you expect?

BTW I thought you libs said Trump was a racist? If that's the case, wouldn't he be on the side of antifa, ie the democrats, in this?

I do love the smell of lib talking points burning in the morning!

OMG Detroit Lakes - that's where they live!
Wow. DL is about 50 miles from Fargo. My wife went to Moorhead St in Moorhead, MN right across the line from Fargo. My father-in-law is still alive at 91 but he is a raving lunatic liberal. All he does is watch CNN. We don't talk much. I do love that Becker county voted 2 to 1 for Trump.
Small world.

Reactions: goldmom
Wow. DL is about 50 miles from Fargo. My wife went to Moorhead St in Moorhead, MN right across the line from Fargo. My father-in-law is still alive at 91 but he is a raving lunatic liberal. All he does is watch CNN. We don't talk much. I do love that Becker county voted 2 to 1 for Trump.
Small world.
My son's in laws are originally from Fargo, his FIL went to ND State and then to med school, and then into the Navy so they lived all over the country. His MIL grew up in Fargo as well and went to school at Colorado. Two of my daughter in laws siblings live year round in DL with their families, one in the large "cottage" that's been in their family a long time. The parents have a condo there for summers, and a condo in St. Aug. for 8 months of the year. Great folks. Indeed a small world.

I hear what you are saying but our current methods, laws, etc. are not working. We have never seen this level of sophisticated domestic terrorism and our state governments are simply not equipped to handle it. This is about as bad as I have seen. So in five years, when the next rogue cop murders a black guy, will our defenses against the anarchy and lawlessness sure to come be any better? I doubt it.

The Feds can and should contribute by destroying the interstate networks that support the anarchy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT