ADVERTISEMENT

Top Ten wins of the Willie Taggart era....

LOL. Look at all those powerhouses he’s beaten with his 8-11 record.

Even terrible coaches get 3 years right? Let's hope so. Can't think of anyone fired in 2 years or less.
Well McElwain got like 2 years and 8 games. Muschamp got like 2 years and 10 games. Taggart is worse than both of them. He may only get 2 years.

Well McElwain got like 2 years and 8 games. Muschamp got like 2 years and 10 games. Taggart is worse than both of them. He may only get 2 years.
Cramp got 3 years and 12 games.

Zookster got 2 years and up to whatever game the Mississippi State fiasco was.

Zook had much better wins than Taggart. NC Champ LSU. Ranked UT. Undefeated(at the time) UGA (another top 5 UGA team). Ranked Arkansas. Ranked FSU in Tally.

I meant to say bad coaches usually get into a third year to see how that 3rd year starts and if changes are seem in the product on the field.

McElwanker's accusatory comments targeted at fans expedited his departure, otherwise he might have been able to finish his 3rd regular season and get fired right after.

Muschamp got almost 4 full seasons.

Zook may have been able to finish 3rd season if not for frat escapade and other offputting behavior towards fans like how McElwanker did.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Can we start a 'Keep Willie' site and maybe a 'Go Fund Me' to pay him to stay in Tallycrappy?

Real Gator Fans should just STFU with the dissing on Willie, unless you're totally stupid... o_O

(that's not from me btw, that's from the guys that believe that what's posted on this board means chit, to those that are making any decisions) :rolleyes: ----- ;) ----- :D

Butterteeth broke covenent with his contractual obligations midway through the season with his false death threat accusations. He deserved to be let go the day of for that. Muschamp had officially lost the team by the Tennessee game in 2014 and was officially cleaning out his office before the season was even halfway over.

The difference between them and Taggart is money and motivation. Where is the money going to come from to buy out Taggart right now? Add into the fact that the administration and AD at FSU were VERY big on getting the affirmative action hire in there and are still 100% behind him all the way thanks to politics, not wins. The ONLY thing that is going to shake the apple tree for them is the fanbase staying away from the game and the boosters ceasing their donations to a program that is just a shell of it's former self. As fans and alumni that's the only power we really have and their half empty stadium every Saturday is the only way that anything will actually happen. That'll take time though to convince an administration hell bent on shoving it's politics into priority over the program itself that they need to address that they have made a mistake and need to fix it.

Taggart is going to get a 3rd year. If Mr. Potatohead still has his job in Tennessee at the end of this year, then Taggart will still be employed at FSU. The question always must come up, who are you going to get that's better, and are you REALLY as good as a coaching destination as you and your fanbase THINK you are? Tennessee thinks with their money, facilities, and ancient tradition of winning, that they are a top 5 coaching destination. Clearly the rest of the world see's it differently. FSU could very easily be in the same situation right now.

You guys are gonna feel real stupid when this time next year you have to fill in those last two spots.
I say Miami will fill up one of the 2 spots remaining this season. FSU had no business losing at Miami last season.

I heard that the meatchickens Hardblow is now 1-10 vs Top 10 opponents, so they might be able to replace Willie with the Hardblow in a year or two.
Just trying to help out.... :D

5581447146_80551a32ae_b.jpg

Reactions: fsumc
And with Cuse at #9, we will be left wondering forever who #10 would have been.

Probably Alabama State, but we will never know.

Well I was wrong. Completely wrong.

I am still VERY surprised that FSU came up with the money here. Some bigname boosters had to have gotten together Saturday night with each other and made a commitment to fund getting out of this and put a deal forth to the FSU AD by Sunday morning. Losing to Miami is bad. That's a bad loss, especially at home. It's almost as bad as losing to some garbage team like South Carolina at home. Not quite that bad, but it's close. I think some folks with deep pockets but hesitation finally couldn't take anymore of this and are willing to buy their way out. 85% of the remaining years on his contract still is the deal.... And the school still owes Oregon over 1 million on his buyout from them.

I am still VERY surprised that FSU came up with the money here. Some bigname boosters had to have gotten together Saturday night with each other and made a commitment to fund getting out of this and put a deal forth to the FSU AD by Sunday morning. Losing to Miami is bad. That's a bad loss, especially at home. It's almost as bad as losing to some garbage team like South Carolina at home. Not quite that bad, but it's close. I think some folks with deep pockets but hesitation finally couldn't take anymore of this and are willing to buy their way out. 85% of the remaining years on his contract still is the deal.... And the school still owes Oregon over 1 million on his buyout from them.
work started after the Wake loss.

3 people donated 20 mill lol

I think getting $20 mil for less than two years' of work has to go to the top of the list for signature wins.

Reactions: ceilo77
That's awesome! Well done. At least we don't hang on to our trash as long as you guys!
It was kind of different with Muschamp and McElwain. Willie just started off horribly vs Va Tech and it just got worse from there. Musdump fooled us with an 11-2(fools gold) record his 2nd season(although Jeremy Fooooley should have dumped him in year 3 and went after James Franklin from Vandy) as well as Butter Teeth winning the SEC East division in 2015 and 2016. With Ron Zook, he pretty much bought a little time by beating Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT