ADVERTISEMENT

Told By Ron DeSantis ‘Nobody Wants To Hear From You,’ Now He's Headed To Congress

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
https://www.yahoo.com/news/told-ron-desantis-nobody-wants-130018524.html
Told By Ron DeSantis ‘Nobody Wants To Hear From You,’ Now He's Headed To Congress

Liz Skalka
Sat, December 10, 2022 at 8:00 AM·10 min read

74v5wb.jpg

The shooting at Connecticut’s Sandy Hook Elementary School, which happened 10 years ago this month, was the “call to action that my changed my life,” Frost told HuffPost. In the immediate aftermath, he traveled to a Washington vigil where he met the brother of Victoria Soto, a teacher killed in the attack. “Seeing a 16-year-old, really with the demeanor of a 60-year-old, crying over his sister who was murdered changed my life forever,” Frost said. In 2016, he had his own brush with gun violence a Halloween event in Orlando when shooting broke out.

“We all started running,” Frost told Insider in May. “I remember I had to pick up my friend who froze on the ground.”

A handful of years and dozens of vigils later, Frost confronted Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — a Republican widely expected to run for president in the next election cycle — at an appearance in Orlando, asking him about the number of people dying from gun violence. “Nobody wants to hear from you,” DeSantis told Frost, who filmed the encounter on his phone and later used it in a commercial for his congressional campaign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT