ADVERTISEMENT

Tigers @ Gators...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Not really sure what to think about this Missouri team and if we will get their best after they had these 2 close losses the last couple of weeks. I watched some of the 2nd half of that Auburn game they ended up blowing right at the end and their defense looked decent. I guess they held Georgia in check until the 4th quarter of that game. They were beaten badly by Kansas State earlier in the season.

On paper their defense looks to be better than ours but we look better on offense. I think they either fold and get blown out after the 2 close losses they just had or they really show up for this game like they seem to do a lot against UF and have a chance to win in the 4th quarter. Hopper is supposedly playing real good at LB there. He looks to be the only transfer we are missing and that is excelling at another power 5 school.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Hate playing decent teams for homecoming- didnt they blow us out in 2014 for homecoming. Hopefully no distractions and a decent game plan.

Hate playing decent teams for homecoming- didnt they blow us out in 2014 for homecoming. Hopefully no distractions and a decent game plan.

Yep I think the 2 times they beat us at home since joining the SEC in 2014 and 2018 were homecoming games and they dominated us in both games. We are only 5-5 against this team since they joined the SEC.

We are only 5-3 in our last 8 homecoming games and one win was a 9-7 win over Vandy.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: gatordad3
Ah yes! The game where Driskel was hurt yet Musdump had no clue whether to replace him with Treon Harris. Then Musdump claims he never heard the "fire Muschamp" chants. Glad he's back where he belongs.

Ah yes! The game where Driskel was hurt yet Musdump had no clue whether to replace him with Treon Harris. Then Musdump claims he never heard the "fire Muschamp" chants. Glad he's back where he belongs.

Was that one of the Driskel special games where he came out giving the ball to the defense like 3 or more times.

Mizzou is solid on D but very bland on O. Our D is what it is at this point, so every game going forward will be close. Mullen and Grantham left the cupboard fairly bare on that side of the ball. No depth. Will take 3 recruiting cycles to get the stench of grantham off the program.

Not really sure what to think about this Missouri team and if we will get their best after they had these 2 close losses the last couple of weeks. I watched some of the 2nd half of that Auburn game they ended up blowing right at the end and their defense looked decent. I guess they held Georgia in check until the 4th quarter of that game. They were beaten badly by Kansas State earlier in the season.

On paper their defense looks to be better than ours but we look better on offense. I think they either fold and get blown out after the 2 close losses they just had or they really show up for this game like they seem to do a lot against UF and have a chance to win in the 4th quarter. Hopper is supposedly playing real good at LB there. He looks to be the only transfer we are missing and that is excelling at another power 5 school.
I do not feel good at all about Mizzou. Since we can't stop anybody, anyone who can stop us will beat the hell out of us, and their defense has looked pretty good lately.

Watching their replay now and that defense is looking good against Georgia through mid 3rd quarter but I guess it was the 4th quarter when Georgia got rolling. If this defense shows up for Missouri again we are going to have a fight on our hands.

Georgia's TE Bowers looks like he is high 30s with that crazy receding hairline at just 20 years old or however old he is. I thought the bearded O linemen looked old for their age until seeing him with his helmet off.

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3
Noon games suck.
Can’t believe there’s three conference games kicking off at 12n 11CT. Don’t think I’ve seen that before, other than Week 1 when everybody is playing OOC. No ESPN evening games; just the UK-USC game on SEC and A&M-Bama on CBS.

Outside of the SEC, what game(s) are you most interest in watching? For me it's Utah/UCLA. Utes have a chance to run the table after their opening loss to Florida. This will be a test for Utah, playing in L.A. against a 5-0 team that has a really good offense, although the Bruins' schedule has been really weak except for last week's 40-32 home win vs. Washington.

Can’t believe there’s three conference games kicking off at 12n 11CT. Don’t think I’ve seen that before, other than Week 1 when everybody is playing OOC. No ESPN evening games; just the UK-USC game on SEC and A&M-Bama on CBS.

Did ESPN have wildcard baseball games last season? I wonder if that is the reason.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Did ESPN have wildcard baseball games last season? I wonder if that is the reason.
ESPN was a limited part of the MLB playoff broadcasts last year, but last year there was only 1 single game wild card game in each league. They've expanded the playoffs this year with 3 wild card teams in each league with 2 best of 3 wild card series, with only the top 2 of the 3 division champs in each league getting byes. So there are a lot more wild card games this year and 75% are televised on ESPN or ESPN2. MLB and the networks are pushing the new, expanded playoff series so are trying to give those games more exposure.

"It was hard to see Missouri beat us (last year) because, they're just not supposed to, you know. And I'm looking forward to heading up this weekend and take care of business and dominating like we're supposed to."

"It was hard to see Missouri beat us (last year) because, they're just not supposed to, you know. And I'm looking forward to heading up this weekend and take care of business and dominating like we're supposed to."
Fever,

You're the one who posted -
"...We are only 5-5 against this team since they joined the SEC."

So according to your post Missouri should beat us 50% of the time; right ?
LOL

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Fever,

You're the one who posted -
"...We are only 5-5 against this team since they joined the SEC."

So according to your post Missouri should beat us 50% of the time; right ?
LOL

That was a quote from one of our players. I hope the team can back that up. No we shouldn't be 5-5 against Mizzu since they joined the SEC but it is what our record is.

Didn't realize Drinkwitz was App States coach before Mizzu. I guess they beat Louisiana twice the last year he was there. Doubt that matters much for this game though. Just need our defense to show up.

Trey Dean is the same player as he was as a freshman, hard hitting athletic guy that's regularly put of position.

I really thought that, after his freshman year when it was painfully obvious he didn't have the build, especially in the hips, to be a corner, that his talent would shine when he switched to safety....and it just absolutely never worked out.

I simply do not understand why AR is so bad at read options. The one we ran on the first drive, the entire defensive front 7 crashed into the middle of the line and he handed it off instead of taking it.

why? Just take the damned ball one time.

Reactions: PacoGator19
3rd and 4
7 defense players in the box. Florida has five Olineman and a wing. Total of 6 blockers. That’s not smart coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT