ADVERTISEMENT

This, That, & the Other,,, Stirring the Pot...

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
iG's Offensive Starters for the UK Game

QB Feleipe' Franks 6-5 227 rsFr
(Trask or Allen,,, stop wasting their practice time) o_O

WR-slot Brandon Powell 5-8 189 Sr

WR-Z Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 205 So
WR-X Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 Fr
(WR-X Josh Hammond 6-1 187 So)

TE/WR Moral Stephens 6-4 251 rsJr
If you need a WR that can get a jump ball from any DB, then use Moral. :cool:
(TE C'yontai Lewis 6-4 235 rsJr)

RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 Fr (20.4 ypc) :eek:
(RB Mark Thompson 6-2 239 rsSr - 3.6 ypc)
(RB Lamical Perine 5-11 218 So - 3.5 ypc)

RT Jewaan Taylor 6-5 334 So
RG/DT Antonio Riles 6-4 328 rsJr
(Riles was the starter before injury, has he recovered or not?) o_O

OC T.J. McCoy 6-1 314 rsSo
LG Brett Heggie 6-3 330 rsFr
LT Martez Ivey 6-5 315 Jr

=====

For gawd's sake, stop wasting roster talent to continue to be unsuccessful.
Coach guys like these up to help run a couple of 'special situation' plays.
These are certainly not the only options for players or for plays, they are just the first one's that jumped out at me.

When you need 1-2 TE's to block on a play, then use an otherwise unused OL'man.
RT/TE Stone Forsythe 6-7 329 rsFr
LT/TE Kadeem Telfort 6-6 318 Fr

When you need a lead FB to block for a RB to pick up 1-2 yards, same thing.
OG Marcus Givens 6-0 262 rsSo
OG James Washington 6-1 241 Fr

I'm betting that those guys, and/or others, would leap at the chance to help the team. ;)

======

Going into battle, you can over-come the fear of dying by accepting that you are already dead. Then the only way to live again, is to stop worrying about dying and struggle with all you've got to live again.

I recommend this attitude to OC Nuss. You are already fired. You have no job. Now, the only way to be employed again is to just go for it with all that you've got. Stop worrying :confused: and just have fun going for it all out. Success as the Gator's OC might just smile :) on you yet. I certainly hope so, for all of our sakes.... :cool:

Last edited:
When you go Jumbo package you are pretty much telegraphing what you are going to do. I know Muschamp won a couple of games going crazy with that but I doubt it would work much for us now.

When you go Jumbo package you are pretty much telegraphing what you are going to do. I know Muschamp won a couple of games going crazy with that but I doubt it would work much for us now.

Maybe,,, if you're single minded about what you do Fev.
Jumbo package works great as a mis-direction if you use it correctly.
Do the mis-direction a time or two and all of the opposing D's are clueless thereafter. :cool:

Last edited:

I recommend this attitude to OC Nuss. You are already fired. You have no job. Now, the only way to be employed again is to just go for it with all that you've got. Stop worrying :confused: and just have fun going for it all out. Success as the Gator's OC might just smile :) on you yet. I certainly hope so, for all of our sakes.... :cool:

Agree with this 100 percent. A freshman qb saved their jobs for a week last week by going off their script, to play for a long, last-second desperation field goal, and making an all-time play. They need to go out there and start attacking defenses, if they know how.

BTW - If the official released depth chart for UK is accurate, and not some kind of sandbaggin' bs, then I'm no more confident in the staffs decisions about who to start or play, than I've been for the last 3 seasons...

IF you claim to put the best players at the position on the field, then why are these guys on the bench?
WR Kadarius Toney
RB Malik Davis
TE Moral Stephens
RG Antonio Riles

PS -- And please try to get WR Daquon Green a bit more involved.

And listing Zaire as the #3 QB is a very poor joke on both Trask and Allen imo.

BTW - If the official released depth chart for UK is accurate, and not some kind of sandbaggin' bs, then I'm no more confident in the staffs decisions about who to start or play, than I've been for the last 3 seasons...

IF you claim to put the best players at the position on the field, then why are these guys on the bench?
WR Kadarius Toney
RB Malik Davis
TE Moral Stephens
RG Antonio Riles

PS -- And please try to get WR Daquon Green a bit more involved.

And listing Zaire as the #3 QB is a very poor joke on both Trask and Allen imo.

I agree with most of this. Not sure on OL and Riles but I'll take your word for it. I am sure Allenis taking a RS. As for Trask, not sure why he is behind Zaire

I agree with most of this. Not sure on OL and Riles but I'll take your word for it. I am sure Allenis taking a RS. As for Trask, not sure why he is behind Zaire

He has an injured foot for one and has never played in a game. Zaire has at least produced in live games before.

Is Trask at practice after having the pin put in?
Mc didn't include him in his injury report is why I ask?

Allen might eventually be given a redshirt, but I don't recall anyone on the staff saying that he has already been redshirted?

Zaire is a poor joke imo, even as an emergency backup QB.
A 105 QB Passer Rating
A -3.6 ypc rushing.
Giving up 5 Sacks in one game that included an endzone LPF for a TD. :confused:

There are at least 10 Gator players that were QB's, or at least played some QB in HS, and I would use ANY of them over freakin' Zaire! o_O

Nobody even mentions these 2 roster QB's that I'd use before Zaire:
QB Nick Sproles 6-2 211 Fr - Winter Park
QB Jack Ruskell 6-2 195 Fr - Libertyville, ILL

It works fine if you have the TE's we have, if they decide to use them.. Mac is notorious for using his TE's

We haven't seen the end of Zaire

iG's Offensive Starters for the UK Game

QB Feleipe' Franks 6-5 227 rsFr
(Trask or Allen,,, stop wasting their practice time) o_O

WR-slot Brandon Powell 5-8 189 Sr

WR-Z Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 205 So
WR-X Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 Fr
(WR-X Josh Hammond 6-1 187 So)

TE/WR Moral Stephens 6-4 251 rsJr
If you need a WR that can get a jump ball from any DB, then use Moral. :cool:
(TE C'yontai Lewis 6-4 235 rsJr)

RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 Fr (20.4 ypc) :eek:
(RB Mark Thompson 6-2 239 rsSr - 3.6 ypc)
(RB Lamical Perine 5-11 218 So - 3.5 ypc)

RT Jewaan Taylor 6-5 334 So
RG/DT Antonio Riles 6-4 328 rsJr
(Riles was the starter before injury, has he recovered or not?) o_O

OC T.J. McCoy 6-1 314 rsSo
LG Brett Heggie 6-3 330 rsFr
LT Martez Ivey 6-5 315 Jr

=====

When you need 1-2 TE's to block on a play, then use an otherwise unused OL'man.
RT/TE Stone Forsythe 6-7 329 rsFr
LT/TE Kadeem Telfort 6-6 318 Fr

When you need a lead FB to block for a RB to pick up 1-2 yards, same thing.
OG Marcus Givens 6-0 262 rsSo
OG James Washington 6-1 241 Fr

I'm betting that those guys, and/or others, would leap at the chance to help the team. ;)

Wasn't Telfort one of the 9-10 UF players that are suspended? The suspension of those players really hurts Florida's depth at many key positions:
i.e linebacker, OL, DL, WR, RB, etc.

In the running game, I like the idea of just going jumbo with 7 offensive linemen (ala 2012). Imagine doing counter players and such. It would also help with the pass protection with so many players back to protect the QB. You could throw some deep bombs off the play action, run more screen plays to the running backs, etc.

Also, whatever happened to the TE passing game?
Where's Goolsby, Lewis & co.?

Reactions: instaGATOR
Wasn't Telfort one of the 9-10 UF players that are suspended? The suspension of those players really hurts Florida's depth at many key positions:

In the running game, I like the idea of just going jumbo with 7 offensive linemen (ala 2012). Imagine doing counter players and such. It would also help with the pass protection with so many players back to protect the QB. You could throw some deep bombs off the play action, run more screen plays to the running backs, etc.

Did Goolsby even play against Tenn?

Insta's read the Hagakure? Didn't see THAT coming.

I have not read Hagakure, but maybe I'll look into it.
However, I have read many authors, both non-fiction and fiction.

I have long owned a copy of 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu.

I have also long owned a copy of The Tao of Jeet Kune Do with the
teaching of 'The Way of the Intercepting Fist.'
~ "Belts are only good for holding up your pants."

I have also read many other books with similar teachings.
I have also had many conversations with those holding similar beliefs.
It is actually a very old way of dealing with the stresses of mortal combat.

iG -- Never bother to fight unless it's a fight to the death, and then fight to kill the quickest and most efficient way possible. The only necessity is to CUT!. Rules are for the undisciplined...

I believe you are correct on Telfort, but I was just using his name as an example of the type of player that could be used in that situation. The more of the roster that a coaching staff can use, the better imo.

I still believe that Mc can be a long term success as a Gator, but he's got to either help Nuss, or replace him. There are now enough players to get the job done with the right coaching. Get-er-done Mc, or we might have to move Clarabelle from QB to HC... :cool:

As to the TE's, Goolsby and Lewis are the problem instead of a solution imo. Getting Stephens on the field instead of those 2 needs to be a priority.

I have not read Hagakure, but maybe I'll look into it.
However, I have read many authors, both non-fiction and fiction.

I have long owned a copy of 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu.

I have also long owned a copy of The Tao of Jeet Kune Do with the
teaching of 'The Way of the Intercepting Fist.'
~ "Belts are only good for holding up your pants."

I have also read many other books with similar teachings.
I have also had many conversations with those holding similar beliefs.
It is actually a very old way of dealing with the stresses of mortal combat.

iG -- Never bother to fight unless it's a fight to the death, and then fight to kill the quickest and most efficient way possible. The only necessity is to CUT!. Rules are for the undisciplined...

A warning, the Hagakure is filled with all the things that a samurai is supposed to do, to include how he grooms himself and other tedium.

But it starts out pretty cool. "The way of Bushido is found in death."

A warning, the Hagakure is filled with all the things that a samurai is supposed to do, to include how he grooms himself and other tedium.

But it starts out pretty cool. "The way of Bushido is found in death."

Thanks for the info Evil, and for the warning. ;)

I began very young with traditional ring boxing, dance and jab.
As an adult, I had some small and brief experiences with training in both Isshinryu and Shotokan Karate. IMO, it's good for training basic techniques, but it was way to 'structured' for me to continue with it over the long haul. Tye Quan Do was way more fun, but even that was a bit too structured for me.

I admit that I favor the Chinese over the Japanese for these types of things. While both have their solid virtues, I liked the free flowing styles better, but each to his own, as in all things... :cool:

RB Jordan Scarlett 5-11 206 Jr - suspended indefinitely

RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 Fr
He ran for 2,469 yards with 33 TD's in just his HS Sr season.
-----
Davis Vs Tenn -- 4 for 94 yards, 23.5 ypc.
He had a 72 yard run that ended in a strip/fumble at the 2 yard line, (jus-damn!). :(
But even if you throw out the 72 yard run, he also had 3 other carries for 22 yards, 7.3 ypc.
His season so far in 2 games is 5 for 99 yards, 19.8 ypc, (or yards per scary). :D

When rivals initially only gave him a 3 star rating, I called that nuttier than squirrel chit....:confused:

Freakin' forget about selfish undependable low-life Red-azz.
-------------------

WR Antonio Callaway 5-10 193 on Jr - suspended indefinitely

WR DaquGreen 6-1 195 **** -- 2017 Under Armour All American
Receiving - 115 for 2,255 yds, 26 TD's in 4 HS seasons.
Rushing - 21 for 131 yds, 6.2 ypc in 3 HS seasons.
Much like M.Davis, get Daquon Green on the field. o_O

Freakin' forget about selfish undependable low-life Dumbaway.
===========

Respect can only be earned by a persons choices.
What's often forgotten, or just ignored for convince, is that DISRESPECT can also be earned by a persons actions and choices! :mad:

============

From a performance stand point only, stop wasting precious time on Zaire. Instead, play lightening in a bottle, WR/RB/QB Toney instead!

Also stop wasting time with Goolsby and Lewis, play Stephens instead.
If somehow Moral can't get it done (doubtful), then start playing Fr Gamble.

IMOHO -- It's long past time to start actually playing the best at position, instead of just falsely claiming that you will, or do. o_O

RB Jordan Scarlett 5-11 206 Jr - suspended indefinitely

RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 Fr
He ran for 2,469 yards with 33 TD's in just his HS Sr season.
-----
Davis Vs Tenn -- 4 for 94 yards, 23.5 ypc.
He had a 72 yard run that ended in a strip/fumble at the 2 yard line, (jus-damn!). :(
But even if you throw out the 72 yard run, he also had 3 other carries for 22 yards, 7.3 ypc.
His season so far in 2 games is 5 for 99 yards, 19.8 ypc, (or yards per scary). :D

When rivals initially only gave him a 3 star rating, I called that nuttier than squirrel chit....:confused:

Freakin' forget about selfish undependable low-life Red-azz.
-------------------

WR Antonio Callaway 5-10 193 on Jr - suspended indefinitely

WR DaquGreen 6-1 195 **** -- 2017 Under Armour All American
Receiving - 115 for 2,255 yds, 26 TD's in 4 HS seasons.
Rushing - 21 for 131 yds, 6.2 ypc in 3 HS seasons.
Much like M.Davis, get Daquon Green on the field. o_O

Freakin' forget about selfish undependable low-life Dumbaway.
===========

Respect can only be earned by a persons choices.
What's often forgotten, or just ignored for convince, is that DISRESPECT can also be earned by a persons actions and choices! :mad:

============

From a performance stand point only, stop wasting precious time on Zaire. Instead, play lightening in a bottle, WR/RB/QB Toney instead!

Also stop wasting time with Goolsby and Lewis, play Stephens instead.
If somehow Moral can't get it done (doubtful), then start playing Fr Gamble.

IMOHO -- It's long past time to start actually playing the best at position, instead of just falsely claiming that you will, or do. o_O

So who what would your depth chart look like, hypothetically, if you were the coach and put the best players at each position.

Hypothetically, mind you. So no barriers like "I'm not the coach."

Just your own humble opinion.

Reactions: nail1988
The ignored morons apparently continue to post to me. o_O
Short bus fo-sho...:confused:
=========

The game plan and practicing the actual plays is certainly important.
However, if your defense can't tackle and your offense can't hold on to the ball, then little else is going to matter in the games...

Just a FYI, Franks missed his read on 6 plays vs Tennis-sea.
Having a big arm is only one of (not the most important) the many needed traits to have a top quality QB. I doubt that any of UF's 3 Heismans could wing it 80 yards.
JMOHO, but several consecutive 1st downs are more important than the occasional 60+ yard completion.

Three stars that out-perform the higher rated recruits are not a rareity.
DE Jachai Polite quickly comes to mind....

The 'Funkyness' in national ratings....

UK is #3 in the Nation in Rushing Defense.
So, what teams did they get that rating against?
Power running teams?

Opponents rushing offense ratings:
SMs Yds/Gm 178.0, YPC 4.1 -- Inflated Rushing vs S.Ala & Lamon
SCa Yds/Gm 85.7, YPC 3.2
EKy - Yds/Gm 84.0, YPC 2.7

UF - Yds/Gm 89.5, 3.2 YPC (vs 2 Ranked Power 5's, #9 Mich # #23 TN)

And if you think that UF's stats/ratings are bad, then get a load of this:
FSU - Yds/Gm 40.0, YPC 1.5 --- For last in the Nation :p

Last edited:
I highly doubt Tenn is ranked at the end of the season. No excuse for our rankings in yards and yards allowed right now.

UF 28 - 27 UK -- Another swift kick in the nutts for the mildcats.... :confused:

QB Malik Zaire was a total waste of time and another coaching mistake.
(I've said all along to play Toney if they wanted a wildcat QB)

QB LDR is an excellent backup QB option, but he is still not starter quality. (P-74 yds)
(RB Malik Davis (R-93 yds) and WR/QB Adarius Toney (P-50 yds) saved the game, and it was them that rallied the team)
Vs UK -
RB Malik Davis 21 for 93 yds, 4.4 ypc

QB Feleipe' Franks is never going to be a top of the line Gator QB. That was my opinion when he was in HS, when he played in his HS Bowl game, and since he's been at UF. Whatever promises or deal he was given to flip to UF from LSU, was another QB coaching mistake imo. And he still looks like a deer in the headlights. (P-85yds) How long will the coaches continue to 'prop him up' to cover for their initial recruiting error? :confused:

~ Fr Allen, and especially rsFr Trask, have yet to even be tested in a game, so they both remain question mark, game day unknowns. They could be great, or they could both suck, but we'll never know until we see them in a game.... :cool: (I've already seen enough from the 'chosen' 3 for 2017... :rolleyes:
============

Season Stats of Interest:

RB Malik Davis 3 Gm ---------- 26 for 197 yds, 7.5 ypc
RB Lamical Perine 3 Gms --- 23 for 97 yds, 3.9 ypc
RB Mark Thompson 3 Gms - 15 for 58 yds, 3.8 ypc

Occasional Speciality Runs:
~ Ath Kadarius Toney 3 Gms - 3 for 44 yds, 14.7 ypc
~ WR Brandon Powell 3 Gms - 2 for 10 yds, 5.0 ypc
~ WR Tyrie Cleveland 3 Gms - 2 for 6 yps 3.0 ypc

QB Feleipe' Franks 3 Gms - 13 for 33 yds, (loss 41 yds) -0.6 ypc
QB Malik Zaire 1 Gm ---------- 8 for 7 yds, (loss 36 yds) -3.6 ypc
----------

QB Feleipe' Franks - 30 of 49 (61.2%) for 372 yds, 7.6 yds/att, 3 TD's, 1 Int. - PER 141.1

QB Luke Del Rio ---- 9 of 14 (64.3%) for 74 yds, 5.4 yds/att, 1 TD, 1 Int - PER 118.0

QB Malik Zaire ------- 9 of 17 (52.9%) for 106 yds, 6.2 yds/att - PER 105.3

QB Kadarius Toney - 1 of 1 (100%) for 50 yds, 50 yds/att, - PER 520.0
---------

WR Tyrie Cleveland 13 for 259 yds, 19.9 yds/rec, L-63 yds, 2 TD's
WR Kadarius Toney 10 for 102 yds, 10.2 yds/rec, L-20 yds
WR Josh Hammond 6 for 93 yds, 15.5 yds/rec, L-34 yds.
WR Brandon Powell 8 for 72 yds, 9.0 yds/rec, L-22 yds, 1 TD
WR Freddie Swain 1 for 5 yds, 5.0 yds/rec, L-5 yds, 1 TD (undefended)
WR Dre Massey 1 for 2 yds.

TE DeAndre Goolsby 2 for 18 yds, 9.0 yds/rec, L-11 yds.
TE C'yoinntai Lewis 3 for 20 yds, 6.7 yds/rec, L-14 yds.
* TE Moral Stephens 1 for 10 yds, 10 yds/rec L-10 yds..

RB Mark Thompson 2 for 14 yds, 7.0 yds/rec, L-10 yds
RB Malik Davis 1 for 11 yds, 11.0 yds/rec, L-11 yds
=================

MLB David Reese 26 Tkls, S-12, A-14, TFL 1.5, Sac 0.5, Int 1
OLB/MLB Christian Garcia 6 Tkls, S-4, A-2, TFL 1

LBws Vosean Joseph 10 Tkls, S-4, A-6
LBss Jeremiah Moon 6 Tkls, S-4, A-2, QBH 2
LBss Kylan Johnson 4 TKL, S-3, A-1 (1 Gm, injured out vs Mich)

FS Nick Washington 19 Tkls, S-11, A-8,
SS Chauncey Gardener 14 Tkls, S-8, A-6, TFL 2, PBU 1

CB/Nic C.J. Henderson 11 Tkls, S-7, A-4, 2 Pic-6's, PBU 1
CB Marco Wilson 10 Tkls, S-7, A-3, PBU 4
CB Duke Dawson 10 Tkls, S-7, A-3, TFL 1, Int 2, PBU 3

DE Jabari Zuniga 13 Tkls, S-6, A-7, TFL 3.5, Sac 1.5, QBH 4
DE Jachai Polite 13 Tkls, S-7 - A-6, TFL 3, Sac 1, QBH 2
DE CeCe Jefferson 12 Tkls, S-5, A-7, TFL 4, Sac 2.5, QBH 2
DE Jordan Sherit 11 Tkls, S-5, A-6, TFL 2.5, Sac 2, QBH 2
(the DE's are playing very good as a group)

DT Taven Bryan 10 Tkls, S-5, A-5, TFL 1.5, Sac 1.5, QBH 1
NT Khari Clark 5 Tkls, S-1, A-4, TFL 0.5, Sac 0.5
-----

Jus-damn! (vs UK)
CB Duke Dawson Sr gave up a TD, he never looked up.
FS Nick Washington rsSr gave up a TD, he couldn't keep up.
Then they combined on the TE to give up another TD, together.

SS Chauncey Gradener needs a quick refresher course in close cover and in tackling. :oops:
The younger and mostly inexperienced DB's actually looked better than the older guys imo. FS Brad Stewart is gonna be a good one...

The DL seemed to play pretty well over-all.

LBwsVosean Joseph 6-1 227 So - had a (short) poor showing.
What happened to LBws Lacedrick Brunson 6-1 229 Fr?
Where's he at? Injured? Recovered?

Last edited:
I think writing Franks off as a mistake before he's got a season under his belt would be a mistake.

I am interested in seeing Toney in the wildcat more. That made me happy during an otherwise completely unhappy game.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I think writing Franks off as a mistake before he's got a season under his belt would be a mistake.

Well, it seems that it's okay to write off Trask without ever even trying him in a game, so it just seems fair to me.... o_O
And at this point, I'd even give Allen a go, unless Trask could light it up.
(Clarabelle is apparently coaching, so not available to play QB)

I am interested in seeing Toney in the wildcat more. That made me happy during an otherwise completely unhappy game.

I agree. That's why I didn't want to waste any time or effort on bringing in Zaire to begin with. :confused:

Your point is made but those who follow UK can clearly see the improvement in our run D between last year and this year. Last year we were getting shredded for 250+ rushing yards per game. Should be a great game for both teams tonight.

Against UK's #3 in the Nation Rushing Defense:

UF
had 186 yds on 36 runs, 5.2 ypc 2 TD's. :D

Great Team and Coaching?
Nope, not yet.

Terrible Team with Poor Coaching?
Nope, not even close imo.

Sacks - UF 10 - 9 Opp
Ints - UF 5 (3 Pic-6) - 2 Opp

Against UK's #3 in the Nation Rushing Defense:
UF had 186 yds on 36 runs, 5.2 ypc 2 TD's. :eek:

-----
TD's - UF 9 - 8 Opp
FG's - UF 3/4 - 8/15 Opp
Red Zone Scores - UF 4-4 - 7-10 Opp
Red Zone TD's - UF 3/4 - 3-10 Opp

Only 3 games into the season, they seem to be getting a little better each game, not worse. And they are 2-0 SEC, which is something that most of the Mc-haters here said was unlikely back in Aug....

Need to see the field, and/or need to see the field more imo:
TE Moral Stephens rsSo
QB Kyle Trask rsFr - EE
-----
RB Malik Davis Fr
Ath Kadarius Toney Fr
WR Daquon Green Fr
LBws Lacedrick Brunson Fr
FS Brad Stewart Fr
QB Jake Allen Fr

Some of what I saw in the UK game. I realize that game to game stats vary.

They need to make the new DB's (like Stiner) train with and/or watch film of WO DB Garrett Stephens on ST's kick coverage's.

And they need to hire a young Ron Zook type to coach the ST's. They SUCK in every phase except for the actual kickers.! o_O

Reese can tackle
K.Johnson can tackle, (when not injured).
Moon can tackle.
Jackson can tackle.
Garcia can tackle.
Sherit can tackle
Polite can tackle.
Ancrum can tackle.
CeCe and Zuniga can both run real fast, and sometimes make the tackle.
~ Number of tackles each has varies greatly because of playing time.

Several still over run plays, getting there quick, so that they can then miss the tackle. :confused: -- They need to learn how to slow down, set up, and then MAKE the tackle. :mad:

Clark should never line up at DE again unless maybe it's a jumbo set at the goal line.
Washington, Dawson, and Gardener can usually tackle, and sometimes they can cover. I like all 3,,, but they didn't have a great day at UK.
Wilson and Henderson can tackle.

Goolsby is still usually a poor joke as a blocker, both in ability and in effort.
Lewis is a bit better, but still not very good or consistent as a blocker.
The TE coach is,,,,, better left unsaid I guess.... :rolleyes:

Thompson is getting better at blocking, when he sees the guy and when he's in the right place. However, when he gets into the open field, he still tends to carry the ball like a loaf of bread. o_O
Perine still runs the ball very hard and one guy rarely brings him down.
Davis is a 'sight for sore eyes' at RB. :)

Franks still stares down his primary and often misses the open guy read. I'm beginning to wonder if he will EVER be a great QB???
LDR is still a 50/50 TD/Int game manager. :rolleyes:
Zaire was a really bad coaching decision, wasting practice time for Trask, Toney, and Allen. :oops:
Take any time away from Toney, to give it to Zaire,,, and you should be horse whipped imo. :mad:

Nothing more than my own arm-chair opinions of course. :cool:

~ And just in case anyone has failed to notice that I don't G-a-S what your opinion is concerning my use of emo's... :p

my dad met and sat with Cece's dad and uncle during the game Saturday, he was also named SEC Defensive player of the week with multiple sacks that spurred our comeback and made the big stops when necessary and needed the most...

UK game only:

Tackles: Solo/Ast - Total

Reese 3/5 - 8
Washington 3/3 - 6
Bryan 2/4 - 6
-----
Zuniga 3/2 - 5
CeCe 3/2 - 5

Garcia 3/1 - 4
Henderson 2/2 - 4
Gardener 1/3 - 4
Sherit 0/3 - 3
Joseph 2/1 - 3

Sacks: Solo/Ast - Total

Cece 1/1 - 2
Zuniga 1/0 - 1
-----

Bryan 0/1 - 1
Reese 0/1 - 1
Clark 0/1 - 1

Tackles for Loss: Solo/Ast - Total

Zuniga 2/0 - 2
CeCe 1/1 - 2
-----

Polite 1/0 - 1
Garcia 1/0 - 1
Reese 0/1 - 1
Bryan 0/1 - 1
Clark 0/1 - 1
=========

Just my opinion of course, but looking at the numbers, Zuniga should have gotten D-PoW, or at least shared it with CeCe. BTW, I like CeCe, nothing personal, just my one game observations.... :cool:

Last edited:
RG Fred Johnson and RG Tyler Jordan will continue to take turns playing, (under par imo). I ask again what has happened to 2015 starting RG Antonio Riles, (injured out right before the start of the 2016 season).

Note: Former WO LB Cristian Garcia has repeatedly proven that he can play both inside and outside LB. He has worked very hard for the team and he has EARNED his playing time imo. He's also another 4.0 kind of young man, which any program can never have too many of. o_O

I guess Riles couldn't beat Johnson out but Johnson looks like a mess at times. Johnson may have held up better in the KY game however.

Fev, all I know is that Riles played better in 2015, than either F.Johnson or T.Jordan have in 2016 or 2017.... If he's never healed totally, then maybe that it, but all I've ever heard is that he's 100% now and available. Maybe he needs some time in a game at this point?
============

Coach Greg Nord -- TE's - Special Teams Coordinator

Under Nord’s direction in 2016, DeAndre Goolsby tied for 1st on the team with 3 TD catches (plum pitiful imo) and he finished 3rd on the team in 38 for 342 yards, 9 yds/rec.

Coach, this is what a good TE's season looks like, (not a bunch of short dink and dunk junk).
In 1990 TE Kirk Kirkpatrick had 42 for 612 yds, 14.5 yds/rec.
On just 4 more receptions, he had almost twice the yards.

Goolsby also couldn't block his grandmother on her way to rape the Gator QB. :eek:

He's slow to get open, IF he actually does get open, and making the catch is never a sure thing. Lewis, while being a little bit better blocker, is not any better overall. (high gave up a tip drill Int)

Play Moral Stephens, or switch him back to WR where as a HS Sr he had 1,105 Yds with 14 TD's. He has sure hands, and he is also the biggest TE and the best blocker in both effort and ability.

Coach, did Moral piss in your boots or steal your lunch money???
Cause I can't understand why you are not using him, especially as poorly as the TE position output has been for the last 2+ seasons?
That, or get true Fr Gamble coached up and on the field...

After 3 2017 games the UF TE's:
Lewis 3 for 20 yds, 6.7 yds/rec, 0 TD
Goolsby 2 for 18 yds, 9 yds/rec, 0 TD.
Stephens 1 for 10 yds, 10 yds/rec, 0 TD
Combined 6 for 48 yds, 8 yds/rec, 0 TD
Extend that out to 12 games and you'd only have:
24 for 196 yds, ZERO TD's. :confused: -- :oops:

And maybe you should give up being the ST's coach, because right now, both are suffering under your over-worked tutelage... o_O

Maybe that's all just an old dumb armchair fan's frustrations. :oops:
If I'm way off base on any of that, then anyone can feel free to set me straight with your own solid opinions, backed up with with the stats/facts/info please. :cool:

=================

Just for Triva Fun - A Note on Gatorade:
By 2007, UF had already received over 150 Million dollars from Dr. Cade's invention. To this point, Gatorade has made well over a Billion dollars for it's various combined owners.

Pepsi-Co now holds the patent for Gatorade, and in 2007, they sold over 7 Billion bottles in the U.S. alone. It is now sold in over 80 countries and in over 50 flavors. It is the original sports drink that has spawned the mulit-billion dollar Sports Drink industry

Last edited:
I'd like to say a hearty THANK YOU for finally using STEPHENS, the best TE on the roster imo. :cool:

I don't know if it was Nord's call, or Nuss, or Mc, but whomever, finally and thank you.... :)

~ Now, IF they are just smart enough to use him more (at TE), or even move him back to the WR (possession and/or jump-ball type) for the rest of the season.... ;)

Note: on one of those 2 receptions, it was thrown behind him by Franks and he had to make a 360' spin move just to catch the ball. He then tucked in away, high and tight, and got good YAC's.

"On UF's second possession of the third quarter, Franks led an eight-play, 73-yard beauty of a march that was easily the most complete drive by the Florida offense this season. Along the way, Franks made nice use of his tight end, with completions to Moral Stephens of 29 and 16 yards, the latter putting the Gators at the Commodores' 1."
Leading receivers vs VU:
WR Cleveland - 2 for 67 yds, 33.5 yds/rec.
TE Stephens - 2 for 45 yds, 22.5 yds/rec.

~ The one's that you guys haven't been using have been killing the offense's overall efforts so far imo. o_O
Important 'OTHERES' remain on that unused, or under-used list. Open your eyes please...

* Mc, you can hype Franks all you want to, but now it's time to get Trask and Allen the kind of reps that YOU should have been giving them all along, before it's too late. Don't go back to wasting important practice time or game time with 'scout-team' Zaire.

* With Dumbaway permanently GONZO, with maybe Wells too, and with Cleveland now down, or at least dinged up and slowed, get DAQUON GREEN ready to go. Wasting him on the bench is asinine. Having 'PLAY-MAKERS' on the bench, never made any team better... Can he at least begin by returning kicks or punts?

You also might consider getting those younger DB's some more time and attention, and then use them more in the games. You guys are not stupid, so please stop acting like it.... :rolleyes:

NT T.J. Slaton and DT Elijah Conliffe are two more that need a little more time on the field. And I'll continue to hope that LBss Kylan Johnson continues to recover and soon makes it back into his starter roll. The 10 yard crossing routes are absolutely killing us.

Injury Report:
QB LDR - Out for the season,,, again.
WR Cleveland - Shoulder vs UK, now ankle vs VU, questionable for LSU.
WR/KR Powell - Sore Ribs, but likely ready to go for LSU. (Dre?)
DT Clark - Shin, but still played a 'limited' roll vs VU.
LBss Johnson - Played in a limited roll coming back from injury vs Mich, (3 Tkls)
===========
===========

Hey, idiot Mad-Dog-Dollie, do you wanna talk Head Coach comparisons some more, or are you now ready to sit down and STFU for a change? :cool: ----- LMFAO... :D

After barely squeaking by U-Mass,,,, TN 0 - 41 UGly :eek:
UT Alum, Paul Finebaum said: "41-0 is as historic a loss as I can remember."
Head-BJ / Tennis-sea 0-2 SEC-e
Swamp Donkey / Florida 3-0 SECe :p

Smack on the rubber-dollies is obviously getting tooooo easy: Tiny, in-state Carson-Newman University gave the dollie fans their biggest punch in the mouth with this tweet: that they were able to do what Tennessee could not: beat a Top 25 team. ---- Oh My Gawd!!! :eek:

With a cherry on top of that chit-soda. -- The No. 7-ranked Bulldogs (5-0) imposed their will on the Vols (3-2) through four quarters on a day Tennessee was honoring QB legend Peyton Manning. (0-4 vs UF) :p
Kinda reminds me of Ron Zook Field, at Joke Shambles Stadium... :D

Last edited:
SEC Nation will be at the SWAMP for the 2nd time this season for #21 UF vs LSU. With Finebaum - Spears - Tebow & Rutledge.

SEC Top 25's this week: UA-west, UGA-east, AU-west, UF-east.
=======

TE Moral Stephens 6-4 251 rsJr:
2016 - One target for a 14 yard reception from LDR vs UK. Then NADA. (wtf?)
2017 - One target for a 10 yard reception from Franks vs TN. Then NADA. (wtf-x2)
2017 - Vs VU - Two targets with 2 receptions, one for 29 yds, then 16 yds inside the 1 yard line.
Career: 4 targets, 4 receptions, 69 yds, 17.25 yds/rec.

IF defenses begin to cover Moral tightly, then go to two TE sets.
That should open up the WR's for some good medium to long passing plays.
And that in turn will open up running lanes for the RB's.
http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/10/moral-florida-tight-ends-story/

PS - See the picture of Moral, see how he carries the ball (high and tight).
Now. Make anyone that fumbles while carrying the ball like a loaf of bread, put that picture on their locker door.
=======

The Gator D doesn't suck like some are now claiming, they just had a Hit or Miss game against VU, but it was their best game against VU in the last 3 seasons.
VU Rushing = 46 yards. (Webb 11 for 29 yds, 2.6 ypc)
~ The 1st time VU's all-time rusher Webb was held under 100 yds by UF.
Passing = 19 of 40 47.5%

The problem was that those 19 receptions were a lot on 3rd downs, and/or they picked up a lot of yards. Several of them were incredible pin-point passes between solid double or triple coverage's.
..IT Happens.... :confused:
=======

Something to think about for the coming 2018 season:
22. RB Lamical Perine 5-11 218 Jr - Theodore, AL
20. RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 So - Tampa
32. RB Adarius Lemons 6-0 201 rsFr - Clearwater
#9. RB Dameon Pierce 5-11 205 Fr - Bainbridge, GA
#12 RB Iverson Clement 5-11 199 Fr - Mount Holly, NJ
~ Just like every starting Gator RB since before Emmitt, they are ALL assured of the next level, and they won't already be worn down or worn out by the time they get there. Committee RB's at their best. :cool:

OMG -- That will likely be the All Time BEST RB Committee in UF History!
And imo, it will likely be the best RB Corp in College Football for 2018.

Preposterous: 1997: Fred Taylor, Eli Williams and T. Jackson; 1984: Neal Anderson, John L. Williams and Lorenzo Hampton.

Wow, you sure do know your Preposterous Stuff all right... :cool:

Except for this small detail. In 1997, Eli Williams switched from RB to CB and was drafted as a CB by the Atlanta Falcons. o_O

And while Anderson, Williams and Hampton are considered by many (including me) as the best early Gator committee RB 3-some, they are by far not even the most productive that UF has had. All 3 rushed for over 500 yards in a season.

But if memory serves me, the 3 RB committee of E.Graham, R.Gillespie, and R.Carthon in early 2000's had more total yards in a season.

And an even more recent committee of 5-6 players all had over 300 yards each in a season, with 2-3 of then going over 500 yards, as well as over 2.000 yards as a total committee.

Got any ideas on who they were? :cool:

Moving right along... :cool:
===========

Looking at their rushing numbers, why the heck would you play Zaire at #2 instead of Toney?
Looking at their passing abilities, why would you play Zaire over Allen, or Toney???

Putting Zaire at #2 on the depth chart is a new low for Mc-Nuss imoho.
I've seen both Zaire and Toney at QB, and it's not difficult at all for me to choose between them. What I saw with Zaire was -3.6 ypc, a 105 PER with 5 sacks, including an endzone LPF for a TD.
The Mc-Nuss QB whispering is beginning to sound a lot like pissing into the wind, and a gross waste of practice time for the younger guys. o_O

Apparently unlike Zaire, Allen is just lazy, doesn't practice hard, and is as dumb as a rock, so nobody on the team trusts Allen to be the #2 at QB. I guess that Kresser wasted 5 years coaching and tutoring Allen to play college QB. It seems that being a dumped, has-been QB from OreSt, Purdue, or neutered lame is so much more important on the path to being a Gator QB. :confused:

Maybe they should tell QB recruits that if they want to actually play QB at UF, then they first need to go elsewhere and fail, and then they can xfer to UF and become the starter. i.e. LDR, Appleby, or at least play as the backup, i.e. Zaire.... :rolleyes:

~ Yeah, I'm QB disgusted and ranting,,, :mad:. After all, it's a long time fan privilege to do so. :D
And fair is fair. If I have to put up with their coaching, then they can put up with my occasional ranting.... And even if Zaire managed to play well (not so far), Zaire is gone in 7-9 more games either way.
==========

But not everything is bad, because Mc-staff still has it's good spots overall. They are still 3-1, 3-0 SEC while scoring more TD's on Off, than they've given up on D.

Media-morons at their best: Before the season and before the games, TN, UK, and VU were all good teams and all were given a decent chance of beating a down Gator team. However, now that the Gators have gone 3-0 against them, they are all just chopped liver apparently. Meida-moron BS as usual, either before, or after, or more likely,,, all the time. o_O

The Gator's D stats suffer in comparison because of the canceled N.Colo game. Add in the injuries and the suspensions, but they aren't doing all that bad as a team imo. :cool:

~ Defense: After 4 games, 5 Gator DL'men have at least 2.5 TFL.
~ They already have 11 sacks in 4 games.
~ The Gator D is holding opponents to a 28.1% 3rd down conversion rate, for #1 SEC, and 14th in Nation.
~ The D has 5 Int's, with 3 being DB's Pic-6's.
~ Opp's Red Zone TD's, just 6 of 13, for 46.2%.

Are they on the way to a NC?
Highly unlikely, but neither are 120+ other D1 teams...

Last edited:
My memory about Gator football things stretches stupid far off top... Elijah Williams got hurt before the 95 season and was playing RB with all the other guys named, him moving to another side of the ball would only speak to the other guys ability.. not that he wasn't talented as hell too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT