ADVERTISEMENT

This Board vs UF Professors

gatorpitcher71

Baby Gator
Feb 7, 2007
Just Imagine how fast the majority of People on this site {assume mostly UF Grads } would get thrown out of classes on campus today ..My Idea of a Professor SPEECH -->.''How dare you Glorify the United States of Racist American you Capitalist Nazi , You are not smart enough to be in my class .. Because you don't believe the Political Geniuses that got us into this mess How dare you think AOC is a little rich hottie barmaid that should not be in of charge Climate Change .. Don't Deny the DATA {the same Data that called the Death rate of Corona of 8%,, which turned out to miss by a decimal place .. You are too Stupid to See Trump kissed Putin's BUTT and LOVES CHINA,, I hate you and all Facists and White Supremists ... But WE Progressives are saving The Democracy ,, And WE need to Protect the Constitution ,, except 2 nd Amendment and we should Fact Check everything President SATAN Says . .. WE need to keep him off twitter to protect the 1st Amendment ,,,, Now back to my Class called ""HOW to Become a Community Organizer'' Remember to pay my paycheck and I'll promise to help forgive your Valued College Education and Student LOANS,,, Class Dismissed

Just Imagine how fast the majority of People on this site {assume mostly UF Grads } would get thrown out of classes on campus today ..My Idea of a Professor SPEECH -->.''How dare you Glorify the United States of Racist American you Capitalist Nazi , You are not smart enough to be in my class .. Because you don't believe the Political Geniuses that got us into this mess How dare you think AOC is a little rich hottie barmaid that should not be in of charge Climate Change .. Don't Deny the DATA {the same Data that called the Death rate of Corona of 8%,, which turned out to miss by a decimal place .. You are too Stupid to See Trump kissed Putin's BUTT and LOVES CHINA,, I hate you and all Facists and White Supremists ... But WE Progressives are saving The Democracy ,, And WE need to Protect the Constitution ,, except 2 nd Amendment and we should Fact Check everything President SATAN Says . .. WE need to keep him off twitter to protect the 1st Amendment ,,,, Now back to my Class called ""HOW to Become a Community Organizer'' Remember to pay my paycheck and I'll promise to help forgive your Valued College Education and Student LOANS,,, Class Dismissed
Old man yells at clouds.

LOL. No, I'm not a UF grad as you all know, but in my undergrad days at FSU - '67-'71, well, just imagine how the atmosphere on college campuses across the nation underwent radicalized changes. I arrived just ahead of an enormous societal shift.
My professors then Leaned very moderate and centrist, many were WWII veterans, but toward the end there already were some younger Professors who leaned more radical. I can still remember the ill tempered young guy from Harvard who was one of my History professors. He was also outstanding.
But...NONE of them forced their politics down our throat. I remember one flatly refusing to tell us if he was voting for Nixon or Humphrey. You'd never get that today.
FSU was a hotbed of radical kids, comparatively speaking. Obviously today's crop of leftists who basically have free rein on campuses are the result of these people, whom I remember vaguely as the people in my classes who were the sullen, raggedy looking guys who always seemed like they were angry. Long hair was on every male head, but these were the dudes who apparently avoided a shower and personal hygiene.
I was in a major where I took lots of history, government, sociology and Econ classes.
My friends have told me their kids soon caught on that it was best to be quiet and just let these Profs ramble, and that a lot of the kids felt the same. This is all over the country, and the shame of it is that there's no lively give and take, no one is engaging in opposition discourse in a classroom. What's lost? The ability to understand other viewpoints, to defend your own viewpoints or have an open mind that might evolve...you know, growth. Learning. Critical thinking. Developing and evolving. Just small stuff, that's in large part what college does. Question the other guy. He questions you back. You both benefit. You learn to think.

The radical left finds this dangerous. Never question. Just accept and follow. Oh, and keep paying that tuition.

Glad the CUBs did not agree sport ,, I was also a quarterback in high School and high school football coach
Good for you! ;) I hate it when so-called smart guys think anyone with athletic skills is not smart.
It's all those dweebs have. It's also jealousy. I bet you're used to it.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
LOL. No, I'm not a UF grad as you all know, but in my undergrad days at FSU - '67-'71, imagine how the atmosphere on college campuses across the nation underwent radicalized changes.
My professors then Leaned very moderate and centrist, many were WWII veterans, but toward the end there already were some younger Professors who leaned more radical. I can still remember the ill tempered young guy from Harvard who was one of my History professors. He was also outstanding.
But...NONE of them forced their politics down our throat. I remember one flatly refusing to tell us if he was voting for Nixon or Humphrey. You'd never get that today.
FSU was a hotbed of radical kids, comparatively speaking. Obviously today's crop of leftists who basically have free rein on campuses are the result of these people, whom I remember vaguely as the people in my classes who were the sullen, raggedy looking guys who always seemed like they were angry. Long hair was on every male head, but these were the dudes who apparently avoided a shower and personal hygiene.
I was in a major where I took lots of history, government, sociology and Econ classes.
My friends have told me their kids soon caught on that it was best to be quiet and just let these Profs ramble, and that a lot of the kids felt the same. This is all over the country, and the shame of it is that there's no lively give and take, no one is engaging in opposition discourse in a classroom. What's lost? The ability to understand other viewpoints, to defend your own viewpoints or have an open mind that might evolve...you know, growth. Learning. Critical thinking. Developing and evolving. Just small stuff, that's in large part what college does. Question the other guy. He questions you back. You both benefit. You learn to think.

The radical left finds this dangerous. Never question. Just accept and follow. Oh, and keep paying that tuition.
Now we have UAB professor's publishing instructions on how to pull down monuments. Imagine funding your kid's high cost tuition there and seeing what's being taught. I guess it's the new D&L major, destruction and looting.

Good for you! ;) I hate it when so-called smart guys think anyone with athletic skills is not smart.
Actually, I made the All SEC honor roll several times.

Thanks ..I am used to little titty babies,, I coached Football in Ft Lauderdale for 30 years ,,, and guys with little Pencils talk and run to their Mommie and safety ..

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
LOL. No, I'm not a UF grad as you all know, but in my undergrad days at FSU - '67-'71, well, just imagine how the atmosphere on college campuses across the nation underwent radicalized changes. I arrived just ahead of an enormous societal shift.

I did not see your really nice post ,, I had a lot of friends that played at FSU at that time .. we competed but played on the same team during the summer ... It was great ... I am history Buff as well especially Revolutionary War and Founding ....I was also a stock broker for 15 years in the middle of my career {tired of not getting paid ,,, worked in World trade Center .. I was in building 2 weeks before the first attack 83rd floor ,, Diversity of experience When i wrote the other post to you I was talking badass Coaching talk but I hate doing it .. I apologize

Thanks ..I am used to little titty babies,, I coached Football in Ft Lauderdale for 30 years ,,, and guys with little Pencils talk and run to their Mommie and safety ..
You may have coached against me then. I played in the Plantation PAL youth leagues.

Last edited:
I did not see your really nice post ,, I had a lot of friends that played at FSU at that time .. we competed but played on the same team during the summer ... It was great ... I am history Buff as well especially Revolutionary War and Founding ....I was also a stock broker for 15 years in the middle of my career {tired of not getting paid ,,, worked in World trade Center .. I was in building 2 weeks before the first attack 83rd floor ,, Diversity of experience When i wrote the other post to you I was talking badass Coaching talk but I hate doing it .. I apologize
Did you graduate in '71?

OK, you get a pass. Did you really pitch for UF?
OK, you get a pass. Did you really pitch for UF?
Yeah I was the first freshman to ever play varsity ,,,,67 was first year freshman were eligible to play varsity ,,, I played with Richard Trapp ,,Skip LuJack Jim Currier ,,we lost the SEC Championship to Archie Manning and Ole Miss .I got a no decision but struck out Archie Twice .. Blew out my rotator playing Summer Ball in Central Illinois League after Junior Year ,, After beating FSU once and getting two saves against them at the time they were #1 in the Country ,,, Playing with Mike Schmidt and Duane Kiper for Springfield Capps ,, had 4 future big leaguers on the team End of Career ,,, Dumbass exJock ever since

Yeah I was the first freshman to ever play varsity ,,,,67 was first year freshman were eligible to play varsity ,,, I played with Richard Trapp ,,Skip LuJack Jim Currier ,,we lost the SEC Championship to Archie Manning and Ole Miss .I got a no decision but struck out Archie Twice .. Blew out my rotator playing Summer Ball in Central Illinois League after Junior Year ,, After beating FSU once and getting two saves against them at the time they were #1 in the Country ,,, Playing with Mike Schmidt and Duane Kiper for Springfield Capps ,, had 4 future big leaguers on the team End of Career ,,, Dumbass exJock ever since

Impressive man.

Reactions: goldmom
You may have coached against me then. I played in the Plantation PAL youth leagues.
OK I will give you a pass too ,, Nova. St Thomas,Coral Springs had studs ...At end of my coaching career last year i went back to Baseball we played Parkland HS in Coral Springs and They were tough as hell i was coaching at South Broward ,,, We were 21-7 won 12 in a row after a slow start ... I had a bunch of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans that would cut your heart out .. Parkland had a big 6'3 210 stud Sophomore that was obviously a beast ,, He never saw a fastball ,,, we beat em 3-2 ,, kids name was Anthony Riizzo ,, We had studs in south florida 2000 - 2010

Reactions: BSC911
In short it cost me a career ,,, You guys would not believe what a ""Full Scholarship ""value in 1967 was ,, I still have my scholarship certificate ,,, the annual value was on the scholarship ,,, 875 dollars a Year !!!

I think my dad's 67 GTO cost him $2,650. Still, tuition today isn't 1/3rd the price of an American sports car so your point is pretty valid.

OK I will give you a pass too ,, Nova. St Thomas,Coral Springs had studs ...At end of my coaching career last year i went back to Baseball we played Parkland HS in Coral Springs and They were tough as hell i was coaching at South Broward ,,, We were 21-7 won 12 in a row after a slow start ... I had a bunch of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans that would cut your heart out .. Parkland had a big 6'3 210 stud Sophomore that was obviously a beast ,, He never saw a fastball ,,, we beat em 3-2 ,, kids name was Anthony Riizzo ,, We had studs in south florida 2000 - 2010
Coach McQuaid just retired after 40 years at Nova. I played with a guy named Harry Chappas if you've ever heard of him.

Coach McQuaid just retired after 40 years at Nova. I played with a guy named Harry Chappas if you've ever heard of him.
Pat built a hell of a program ... the Seminoles paid for a 200K scoreboard .. Little Harry Chappas at 5'6 ''' was thought to be a little giant but burned out ,,, Pat would come to our school and wanted to show my kids how to rake Dirt ,,,, Pat had no life but the baseball .. but we were in the same district ,,, so it made it tough when he started recruiting... always close but couldn't close it out ,, But you just told me how old you are so you aren't that young

Pat built a hell of a program ... the Seminoles paid for a 200K scoreboard .. Little Harry Chappas at 5'6 ''' was thought to be a little giant but burned out ,,, Pat would come to our school and wanted to show my kids how to rake Dirt ,,,, Pat had no life but the baseball .. but we were in the same district ,,, so it made it tough when he started recruiting... always close but couldn't close it out ,, But you just told me how old you are so you aren't that young
5'6 is generous. But he made the Show, so he did OK. Mouthed off to LaRusso so they dropped him.

I think my dad's 67 GTO cost him $2,650. Still, tuition today isn't 1/3rd the price of an American sports car so your point is pretty valid.
That's about right. My boyfriend/late husband (Coral Gables HS 67) had a '68 Firebird 400 that was in that price range

Reactions: BamaFan1137
In short it cost me a career ,,, You guys would not believe what a ""Full Scholarship ""value in 1967 was ,, I still have my scholarship certificate ,,, the annual value was on the scholarship ,,, 875 dollars a Year !!!
$125 a quarter. I think my sorority dues were higher than tuition.

That's about right. My boyfriend/late husband (Coral Gables HS 67) had a '68 Firebird 400 that was in that price range

Good Buddy Richard Trapp was a great wide Receiver and Yankee drafted Shortstop ,,, Caught a pass against against Georgia and broke 9 tackles ,,,, 2 weeks after the catch he was driving a brand new dodge charger ... That was the way things were back then..

Reactions: goldmom
5'6 is generous. But he made the Show, so he did OK. Mouthed off to LaRusso so they dropped him.
I was a first year coach that year ,, Coached Hollywood Hills High ,, You are right about his mouth ,,, even in high school , don't remember who won both very average teams ,, He stole a couple bases .,,,,,,OK looks like we can be friends now with common past .. but why wise remarks? ,,, this is much better

I was a first year coach that year ,, Coached Hollywood Hills High ,, You are right about his mouth ,,, even in high school , don't remember who won both very average teams ,, He stole a couple bases .,,,,,,OK looks like we can be friends now with common past .. but why wise remarks? ,,, this is much better
Meh, I like to stir things up. As one of the few Libs that posts on here, I can’t show any weakness. But always glad to talk sports with a fellow Gator and Broward Countyan.

I think remember HH had a really good QB that year.

Good Buddy Richard Trapp was a great wide Receiver and Yankee drafted Shortstop ,,, Caught a pass against against Georgia and broke 9 tackles ,,,, 2 weeks after the catch he was driving a brand new dodge charger ... That was the way things were back then..
My late husband played football at FSU and then in the NFL. I know who Richard Trapp is. One of my husband's teamates growing up was Larry Rentz, who was also from Gables.

Meh, I like to stir things up. As one of the few Libs that posts on here, I can’t show any weakness. But always glad to talk sports with a fellow Gator and Broward Countyan.

I think remember HH had a really good QB that year.
Yeah His name was Johnny Cano or {something like that } he played first base ,, left handed ,,, Hills won the State Championship year before running wishbone Dick Saltrick was head coach .. great High school coach ,,, He was all class but would not call the troops off .. ,,, Hey A lib with Class might even work better ,,, neither side is perfect ,, I dislike all politicians and support limited power .. But a JFK,Harry Truman Fan here ,,, I hate Morons like AOC

Reactions: BSC911
My late husband played football at FSU and then in the NFL. I know who Richard Trapp is. One of my husband's teamates growing up was Larry Rentz, who was also from Gables.
Larry rentz was 135 lb quarterback ,,,,, great little kiid ,,, but in High school he walked into a room when his dad was blowing his brains out ,,, Screwed Him up,, Ray Graves was Gator Coach back then and a Great Guy . straight shooter took care of all his athletes ,, became athletic Director ,, and took the same attitude in that job .. had a big colliflower Ear

Larry rentz was 135 lb quarterback ,,,,, great little kiid ,,, but in High school he walked into a room when his dad was blowing his brains out ,,, Screwed Him up,, Ray Graves was Gator Coach back then and a Great Guy . straight shooter took care of all his athletes ,, became athletic Director ,, and took the same attitude in that job .. had a big colliflower Ear
Yep. Everyone said Larry developed a stutter after that. Talk about PTSD.
My husband was recruited by UF (his Dad had been on the UF golf team after WWII) but he actually was leaning Mississippi State with FSU coming on hard, but the day before NSD, Eddie Pope from the Miami Herald called his Mom and said the MSU staff was going to be fired the next day. Husband switched and signed with FSU, joining two of his teammates. This when Miami was "still Miami" and Eddie knew his Mom by name. Of course back then Gables was the big dog in Miami.

Reactions: nail1988
My husband was recruited by UF (his Dad had been on the UF golf team after WWII) but he actually was leaning Mississippi State with FSU coming on hard, but the day before NSD, Eddie Pope from the Miami Herald called his Mom and said the MSU staff was going to be fired the next day. Husband switched and signed with FSU, joining two of his teammates. This when Miami was "still Miami" and Eddie knew his Mom by name. Of course back then Gables was the big dog in Miami.
That was the exact story I heard about Rentz,,, Interesting side... my year was when Dr Cade was developing Gatorade so they were changing the concentration of the stuff and sometimes it would taste terrible ,,, he also developed a chocolate drink for energy tasted like yohoo I could drink a gallon of the stuff ... like 300 calories per 12 0oz ,,

Chemical Engineer. As to when I there, my name kind of gives it away....;)
My Son 2004 grad was a industrial engineer major ,, works for FPL in Brevard County ,, won student athlete of the year award, second for Brian Picalo award threw in 1999 in Broward County .. was QB went 10-3 his senior year ,, threw 1600s yard senior year ,, and the Dumbass turned down West Point offer Ron Zook did come see him but no offer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT