6. VU
7. @ SCa ?
8. WLOCP UGly ~

9. Ark ~
10. @ LSU ~
11. @ Mizz ?

12. FSU ?

That's 7 potentially ranked opponents. ~
(any of these 3 ~SCa-Mizz-FSU~ could be the 7th ranked opponent)

It mostly depends what happens with the QB situation. If AR doesn't get it pretty soon we may need to target one that has already shown he can play in the portal.

It mostly depends what happens with the QB situation. If AR doesn't get it pretty soon we may need to target one that has already shown he can play in the portal.
1) QBdt Richardson rsJr
2) QBpp Kitna rsSo
3) QBdt Brown rsFr
4) QBdt Stokes Fr
5) Another Fr is possible.

If, and I say IF, AR doesn't flip on a switch, there are 3 more behind him for 2023. (I haven't given up on him just yet...)

Feveredbrains, are you another that has yet to get off the QB xfer train wreck? ----- Del Rio - Appleby - Zaire - Miller....

If Billy can't coach up one of his own recruits (3-4-5) to get the job done, then he's not the coach as advertised imo....

1) QBdt Richardson rsJr
2) QBpp Kitna rsSo
3) QBdt Brown rsFr
4) QBdt Stokes Fr
5) Another Fr is possible.

If, and I say IF, AR doesn't flip on a switch, there are 3 more behind him for 2023. (I haven't given up on him just yet...)

Feveredbrains, are you another that has yet to get off the QB xfer train wreck? ----- Del Rio - Appleby - Zaire - Miller....

If Billy can't coach up one of his own recruits (3-4-5) to get the job done, then he's not the coach as advertised imo....

A transfer that has shown he can play unlike the ones on our roster so far. If AR doesn't get his act together I don't have a lot of faith anyone on our roster would perform well next season and very few true freshman pan out in the SEC. I guess we would know the deal with Miller if AR doesn't turn it around soon so that wouldn't be an issue when it comes to using the portal if we have to.

Reactions: gatordad3
Freshmen play often in the SEC, including true Fr.
rsFr Wuerffel is one.
tFr Leak is another one, but there are several others.

Looking at everything that 50/50 Miller has done since leaving HS, on or off the field, gives me no faith in him at all.

So, are you saying that Brown should go into that portal that you're so fond of??? And that Stokes should flip his commit to a place where there's a HC that has the ability to coach up a Fr??? Jus-askin...
🤓

Freshmen play often in the SEC, including true Fr.
rsFr Wuerffel is one.
tFr Leak is another one, but there are several others.

Looking at everything that 50/50 Miller has done since leaving HS, on or off the field, gives me no faith in him at all.

So, are you saying that Brown should go into that portal that you're so fond of??? And that Stokes should flip his commit to a place where there's a HC that has the ability to coach up a Fr??? Jus-askin...
🤓

I am saying I doubt Brown would be ready to play well until he is a RS sophomore at the very earliest. If Stokes turns out to be a real quick learner then he can beat out the experienced transfer in camp. Except for when Trask took over we have been hampered too many years not having a good QB starting most of the year since Tebow left. And it looks like we probably won't have the veteran defense next season to win a bunch of games if the offense isn't producing much.

AR15 has to get grow to college level. Ppl on this board appears that these players can all come in and be instant stars. They have to form and grow. Most new QBs that come in as freshmen usually look good then their sophomore year things change. New Coach doesn't help neither. IMHO I believe almost every college team out there looks bad this year except UGA. UGA isn't going to lose a game to be honest. The other college teams appear to be rebuilding. Next year UGA will look awful while UF and others will look good. It's how it is. High school is the same way because young men come in and young men leave.

AR15 has to get grow to college level. Ppl on this board appears that these players can all come in and be instant stars. They have to form and grow. Most new QBs that come in as freshmen usually look good then their sophomore year things change. New Coach doesn't help neither. IMHO I believe almost every college team out there looks bad this year except UGA. UGA isn't going to lose a game to be honest. The other college teams appear to be rebuilding. Next year UGA will look awful while UF and others will look good. It's how it is. High school is the same way because young men come in and young men leave.

The problem with the Leghumpers is their crazy recruiting has them at that Bama level now where they can just reload every year.

I don't disagree and I haven't given up on AR yet but it is his 3rd year here. Granted he hasn't played many games in the 2 years prior and yes he is with a new staff but it is still his 3rd year of college.

Hoping this eventually changes, but so far, Napier (+ his 100 staff) has not impressed me.
So far, they talk a lot better game than they have coached or the team has performed.
What I've seen/heard is an endless string of excuses for what they put on the field.
i.e. "The lack of experienced depth at TE," -- for the lack of TE production so far...

TE/DE Dante Zanders 6-5 262 rsjr
Stats - 2022 - 1 for 4 yds.

TE/DL Griffin McDowell 6-4 288 rsJr (wallpaper)

TE Keon Zipperer 6-1 246 Jr - Starter (2019 #2 TE Recruit, 4th Yr Jr)
2022 so far - 6 for 57 yds, 9.5 Yds/Rec, L-20
UF 36 Gms - 31 for 366 yds, 11.8 Yds/Rec, L-39, 3 TD's

TE Jonathan Odom 6-5 237 rsSo - (Injured out in Spring)
2022 (rsSo) Has not seen any action.
2021 (rsFr): 8 Gms, ST's
role and reserve TE, SEC Fall Academic HR.
2020 (Fr): 4 Gms, and redshirted... SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll.

TE/OLB Noah Keeter 6-5 230 rsSo (UCLA xfer) Played TE well in O&B game.

Two-time SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll (2020-21)

TE Nick Elksnis 6-6 234 rsFr - (Injured out in Spring)
2022 3 Gms on ST's

SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll (2021)

TE Arlis Boardingham 6-3 235 Fr (currently injured out)

TE Hayden Hansen 6-6 256 Fr - Very Raw, needs some time.

TE Scott Isacks III 6-4 248 Fr - PWO , (football, B-Ball, & Track)

TE/OT Tony Livingston 6-6 256 Fr - grey shirted, (he's scheduled to come in with the next class)
(He plays in the 220-230 range for B-Ball, and the 260-280 range for football)

I am saying I doubt Brown would be ready to play well until he is a RS sophomore at the very earliest. If Stokes turns out to be a real quick learner then he can beat out the experienced transfer in camp.

Fever, are you this dumb, or just that biased against Brown???

A quick learner you ask about Stokes, while completely ignoring Brown's 'learning curve' history.

1. Brown's father was an NFL WR.
2. Max never played organized football until his Jr year in HS.
IF being a 'Quick Leaner' is a key for you...
3. Max walked out on the football field and won the starting QB job, then went 12-0, 0-1 Playoffs.
4. Max next (Sr) went 12-0 again, and 1-1 in the Playoff.
5. Finished up HS with a 24-0, 1-2 Playoffs record.
6. His last HS game was a 1 score playoff loss to the 3A OK State Champ. (16-24)

A two-sport athlete in high school, Brown had made a name for himself as a baseball (SS & C) prospect with a strong arm before shifting his focus to football entering his junior year. Brown's late arrival on the football scene led to a quiet recruitment without much coverage, but a handful of schools noticed his potential following his senior season, in which he earned Oklahoma District 3-3A MVP honors.

Lincoln Christian quarterback Max Brown was announced Sunday as the District 3A-3 football Most Valuable Player. Brown accounted for 4,093 yards and 61 touchdowns (4 T-O's) as he led the Bulldogs to a 13-1 record and Class 3A runner-up finish.

The biggest thing that jumps out to you when watching Brown's film is his athletic ability. He regularly extends plays and finds receivers down the field or take off for chunks of yards with his legs. Brown has shown the ability to put touch on passes to the sideline and put the ball exactly where his receiver can make a clean play on the ball, (71%).

Currently, the UF options are redshirt sophomore and former tOSU transfer Jack Miller III, redshirt freshman Jalen Kitna and Brown, none of which possesses 'meaningful' college playing experience.

I don't disagree and I haven't given up on AR yet but it is his 3rd year here. Granted he hasn't played many games in the 2 years prior and yes he is with a new staff but it is still his 3rd year of college.
3rd year? AR is NOT a REDSHIRT player reading over the roster show SOPHOMORE which means this is only his 2nd year. Rosters show if they are R-Freshman, R-Sophomore but Anthony Richardson's only shows Sophomore next to his name which means its only his second year in college football. Am I missing something? Last year was the first time I ever seen his name on the roster TennesseeGator... So, this is his first year as a starter, give him time. Trust me next year they will be a FREAKING BEAST and most likely do something no other no Florida team as done. If they are smart, they will stay together for ANOTHER TWO YEARS after this year.

3rd year? AR is NOT a REDSHIRT player reading over the roster show SOPHOMORE which means this is only his 2nd year. Rosters show if they are R-Freshman, R-Sophomore but Anthony Richardson's only shows Sophomore next to his name which means its only his second year in college football. Am I missing something? Last year was the first time I ever seen his name on the roster TennesseeGator... So, this is his first year as a starter, give him time. Trust me next year they will be a FREAKING BEAST and most likely do something no other no Florida team as done. If they are smart, they will stay together for ANOTHER TWO YEARS after this year.
He was there during Trasks last year.

Reactions: Gator Fever

He is 3rd year like all these other players listed as just sophomores and not RS sophomores. I think it's due to Covid changes with the rules.

Did you skip the 2020 year? He even played in the bowl game. IIRC he was an early enrolle and has been through 3 spring practices. He played scout team in 2020. This is his 3rd season here. He redshirted in 2020 but played in at least some of the allowed 4 games.

2020 (Freshman): Appeared in four games... Made collegiate debut vs. Missouri (Oct. 31) and ran for 15 yards on three rushes... Went 1-2 for 27 yards and one touchdown... Totaled 61 yards on seven carries... Threw a touchdown pass against Oklahoma (Dec. 30) in the Cotton Bowl... Redshirted.

Reactions: instaGATOR
2020 (Freshman): Appeared in four games... Made collegiate debut vs. Missouri (Oct. 31) and ran for 15 yards on three rushes... Went 1-2 for 27 yards and one touchdown... Totaled 61 yards on seven carries... Threw a touchdown pass against Oklahoma (Dec. 30) in the Cotton Bowl... Redshirted.
They how come the Roster does not reflect him being redshirt? 2020 Trask was QB and Jones was backup.

Let's finish poo pooing this year before we start on next...

If we got a couple of key portal guys and AR is capable of becoming a good one we might be capable of being a pretty strong team.. Will need D line help and a receiver capable of stretching the field. Doubt a true freshman will foot the bill for that WR we need his 1st season.

Gators have the #1 hardest SEC schedule in 2023, per 247 Sports:
With 6 @ home and 6 away...

1. @ Utah ~
2. McNeeseSt
3. Tennis-sea ~
4. Chalotte
5. @ UK ~
6. VU
7. @ SCa ?
8. WLOCP UGly ~

9. Ark ~
10. @ LSU ~
11. @ Mizz ?

12. FSU ?

That's 7 potentially ranked opponents. ~
(any of these 3 ~SCa-Mizz-FSU~ could be the 7th ranked opponent)
I'm all in with Billy Napier and I like what he's building here. When was the last time we had an Effing badass recruiting list in Gaineville?

If we got a couple of key portal guys and AR is capable of becoming a good one we might be capable of being a pretty strong team.. Will need D line help and a receiver capable of stretching the field. Doubt a true freshman will foot the bill for that WR we need his 1st season.
The sooner Marcus Burke buys in to the Billy Napier era, we will most likely see much improvement with the WRs.

The sooner Marcus Burke buys in to the Billy Napier era, we will most likely see much improvement with the WRs.

Does he have good speed? He is a good height and had a few catches against SC last season. Hopefully if he is that guy he cuts out whatever almost got him ran off the team.

Does he have good speed? He is a good height and had a few catches against SC last season. Hopefully if he is that guy he cuts out whatever almost got him ran off the team.
IMO, he's no Kadarius Toney but he's the closest we've got at UF. Looked like he had some wheels on him vs The Cocks and Mizzou.

As soon as Trent is used more, the output will improve. IMO, he's being under-used...
And his Fr brother will join him and the team in 2023.

IF the WR coach can't get improvement out of the ones on the roster, then maybe he's not the right man for the job, because there is talent available there, both physical and intellectual. And if the HC/OC can't design and call plays that best suit the available talent, then......
🤓

As soon as Trent is used more, the output will improve. IMO, he's being under-used...
And his Fr brother will join him and the team in 2023.

IF the WR coach can't get improvement out of the ones on the roster, then maybe he's not the right man for the job, because there is talent available there, both physical and intellectual. And if the HC/OC can't design and call plays that best suit the available talent, then......
🤓
Need to include that 3rd generation Jackson. He's never wasted an opportunity whenever he's on the field.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Need to include that 3rd generation Jackson. He's never wasted an opportunity whenever he's on the field.

Agree gd3, him and others are not being used/developed it seems to me.

Ja'Markis Weston
6-3 212 rsSo -- Has a TD in the 22 O&B
He's mostly played on ST's so far, and as a seldom used backup WR.
GP 27 - Rec - 6 for 81 yds, 13.5 Yds/Rec, L-36, 1 TD

Kahleil Jackson
6-3 214 rsFr - ST's and backup WR. - Rec - 1 for 20 yds.
Like Gator/NFL TE Cornelius Ingram, he played QB-dt at Hawthorne HS.
Grandfather - Willy Jackson Sr
Father - Willy Jackson Jr

Uncle - Terry Jackson

We used to have games where 7-9 would have receptions in a game....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT