ADVERTISEMENT

There are no moral victories but......

It was disappointing that it came down to a missed extra point.

however, look at Norvell and Frost. Dan Mullen clearly was a good choice.

We are in good hands, we compete and have improved.

i am disappointed with the loss but we are in good hands (sans Grantham)

How is it we rush for 244 yards to their 91 yards yet still lose?
Missed extra point in the first half forced us to go for 2 at the end. We have major cover issues in the secondary, plus when Stewart Reese got hurt and was replaced by Josh Braun late in the game, he got bullrushed a few times and blew up key plays. I was impressed with the way our kids clawed their way back and actually had a chance to win the game, Now they need to regroup and make sure they take care of business in upcoming games vs. Tennessee, Kentucky & LSU.

How is it we rush for 244 yards to their 91 yards yet still lose?

Special teams errors!

Weston did not understand that for the good of the team, fair catching a kick is often for the best.
Missed extra point which put extra-pressure all day long each time Florida responded with a TD drive. Until finally, the two-point conversion ultimately failed.

Even on that first return, the drive began at the 16 yard line rather than the ?20/25yard line. Who knows if the extra yardage would have made a difference on that first drive TD or a FG. Weston makes another bone-headed play by not fielding that 2nd kickoff or just let it go.

At the one-yard line, It was really amazing that Florida could respond with a 99-yard drive - showed great character for this team.

Similar to the SECCG in 2020, Florida could not get off to a fast start again vs Alabama.
When it was 21-3, it looked hopeless but glad to see the fight from this Gator team.
This is a young team at quarterback. Hopefully, this team will grow and get better this season.

Not many teams can pound the ball on Bama like we just did. I’m not for moral victories and it’s sucks we may have lost that game on an extra point. 1st quarter was obviously ugly as well.

Reactions: ceilo77
Quarters 2 thru 4 we outscored them 26-10. It just took us a quarter to get adjusted. 450 yards to bamas 380 I believe.

Special teams errors!

Weston did not understand that for the good of the team, fair catching a kick is often for the best.
Missed extra point which put extra-pressure all day long each time Florida responded with a TD drive. Until finally, the two-point conversion ultimately failed.

Even on that first return, the drive began at the 16 yard line rather than the ?20/25yard line. Who knows if the extra yardage would have made a difference on that first drive TD or a FG. Weston makes another bone-headed play by not fielding that 2nd kickoff or just let it go.

At the one-yard line, It was really amazing that Florida could respond with a 99-yard drive - showed great character for this team.

Similar to the SECCG in 2020, Florida could not get off to a fast start again vs Alabama.
When it was 21-3, it looked hopeless but glad to see the fight from this Gator team.
This is a young team at quarterback. Hopefully, this team will grow and get better this season.
Serious mad props to Nay'Quan Wright for bailing out Weston's blunder on the kickoff. He owned Bama alone on that drive.

No moral victories but we played good. I’d like to have the first quarter back and a made extra point and it is an entirely different game.
We still need AR15 to help us on offense and while our defense played great for quarters 2-4 I’m not convinced they won’t have some bad games this year but it is much better than last year.

It is nice that we have a run game. Can’t remember seeing a team run like that on Bama.

Still not sold on Jones, but he was effective.

Defense actually played very-well after the blitzkrieg by Bama to start.

Will be interesting to see how we respond after playing well and losing….

Glad we catch Tenn at home instead of KY on the road this week as teams come out flat many times after a game like that.

We didn’t show up until the second quarter and we were already down by 18. If we played them that hard the whole game we win. I promise you that alabama doesn’t want to see us again
Problem is Bama had 5 or 6 false start penalties in the game that I am proud to say was crowd noise. In a rematch, we won't be at home. Most likely be in Atlanta and that will as usual be a mostly Alabama crowd as their fanbase owns 74% of the SEC championship tickets.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Problem is Bama had 5 or 6 false start penalties in the game that I am proud to say was crowd noise. In a rematch, we won't be at home. Most likely be in Atlanta and that will as usual be a mostly Alabama crowd as their fanbase owns 74% of the SEC championship tickets.
That’s true, but they also got at least 4 blatantly obvious calls, so that more or less neutralized a few of those. The crowd was crazy, but we definitely did not get any home cooking from the officials. Of course, I’m sure we won’t get any calls in Atlanta either, and we won’t have the Swamp, but I can definitely say that we aren’t afraid of them at all, and between the two of us, they have to feel like they escaped and we feel like we left it on the field. I think we would come in with some swagger, and maybe this time we get a few bounces and this one goes our way. We’ve played them within a TD the last time we were in ATL, and I kind of feel like if we get another shot we won’t come out flat for a quarter. As a fan I want them again. I’m pretty sure they would rather not play us. They will curb stomp uga.

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT